Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Now that we have kitsune unchained, what would you like to see out of catfolk ARTs and subraces in Bloodforge: Infusions?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/FJFHEVFa
docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit#bookmark=id.72ijnvnyods2
docs.google.com/document/d/1AyYNdmmG7B4z4HuSas5WsVC4uZO-MDJceAlqBmd3zDA/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you, OP.

Fuck you, OP

New Legendary Vigilantes playtest!

docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Foxfire vigilante soon?

Miqo'te when?

Solar catfolk and lunar catfolk?

If you had to live in Golarion, what area would you live in?

How do I Polish, lads? Ideally ornery grandpa-tier?

I want to make a Brevoy boy.

Is there a Land of the Futanari Kings (female)?

Wherever the kitsune waifus are at.

That would be Minkai, which is a genuinely great place to live post-Jade Regent.

>Foxfire Vigilante

I know that that is mostly shitposting, but I ended up making the Kitsune Racial archetype I have as a homebrew WIP capable of stacking with the warlock. Might as well drop it here.
See: pastebin.com/FJFHEVFa

Bundled together is a magical tail rewrite (and foxfire because I keep forgetting to pull it from my pastes), with an attempt at reformatting it so it isn't a disgusting mass of words. Dunno if it's any better, and considering there's another user here throwing theirs around I don't know if I should keep going with my own iteration(s).

Nirmanthas
I just wanna live innawoods, occasionally visit my sister's ranch, and wander around the wilderness

docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing

Ok, did some dicking about with Kitsune Tails. Trying to make them worth taking long term without making them utterly dominating early on.

It's a first draft and feedback is highly appreciated. The balance is iffy and the new spells are all very much up for debate.

Nirmathas is not a safe place to live.

Can I use foxfire with PoW strikes?

How do I oozemaster in Pathfinder, Veeky Forums? Some kind of alchemist? Ideally 1st party or DSP at most.

user. We went over this last time, when another user went full autism over it. If you can use Warlock Mystic Bolts for strikes then you can use foxfire for it. Mystic Bolts act like light weapons for most effects.

I never said I wanted safe. If I did I wouldn't live innawoods.
Do you have any other suggestions for someone who wants to be innawoods?

Cave Druid

Why not Andoran? Half the country is woodlands famous for their people going innawoods, with Druids and nymphs and werewolves.

To change the topic a little, will Legacy of Dragons be added to the trove any time soon?

Because I'd rather not mess with the Lumber Consortium

So, I'm curious if people find the Draconic Avenger worth the trade? I really think starting small helps things out quite a bit, and if the changes here are enjoyed, I might try to incorporate more of them into the dragon book I have in the works. That is, once I finally finish off my corruption stuff.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit#bookmark=id.72ijnvnyods2

Think we're still using the standard date of "when someone feels like it". That said, there wasn't a whole lot in that book of particular interest, so I imagine it's fairly low priority.

That's why you're innawoods and not living by the woods.

Bloodforge question, is the Woodborn's assassin symbiote ability supposed to be constrict? I'm hoping to make a tetori with final embrace and I was wondering if that was the case, since it functions exactly like constrict.

>The way that entire fluffbit is written
>and oddly bards (who usually end up taking another direction before this one gets too creepy)
>though how this magic got out of the subterranean depths is a mystery best left unprobed

Wow, that sounds lewd.

Do you like Hobgoblins?

Reminder of the stupidity of Horror Adventures:

> Casting an evil spell is an evil act, but for most characters simply casting such a spell once isn’t enough to change her alignment; this only occurs if the spell is used for a truly abhorrent act, or if the caster established a pattern of casting evil spells over a long period. A wizard who uses animate dead to create guardians for defenseless people won’t turn evil, but he will if he does it over and over again. The GM decides whether the character’s alignment changes, but typically casting two evil spells is enough to turn a good creature nongood, and three or more evils spells move the caster from nongood to evil. The greater the amount of time between castings, the less likely alignment will change. Some spells require sacrificing a sentient creature, a major evil act that makes the caster evil in almost every circumstance.

>typically casting two evil spells is enough to turn a good creature nongood, and three or more evils spells move the caster from nongood to evil

Would a level 9 Druid with full BAB, free Dark Fey Sorcerer Bloodline (The bonus spells becoming 1/day spell like abilities) and Monk Flurry of Blows with 12 Witch 1 Jinkin Gremlins be an appropriate fight for

A maxed out Brawler 6, Ninja 1
A Rogue 4, Cleric 3 with swift channeling and the domains of Law and Dragon
A Magus (Kensai) 7 with a nine-section whip
And a group of 6 NPCs, two being trash tier nothings, two being support and moderate healing, and two being PC level moderate power combatants (one's a barbarian, and the other is a rogue/fighter archer)

Bear in mind, this fight is the kind of fight that the party should have a strong chance of loosing (but that the consequences of losing are, anyone that dies gets a "wild reincarnation" cast on them and anyone that survives but gets K.O.d gets their head shaved for fun on the Druid's part.)

You left off the punchline, that it does the opposite for good spells too.

it is

>planar bind angels three times
>force them to fight each other
>now Good aligned

Does that mean a warlock gestalted with dervish defender would get int to AC?

How does /pfg/ feel about banning certain feats/spells/etc because of world building reasons? How far is too far,in your opinion?

Accidentally posted in the dead thread.

Hello, I'm the other Bloodforge author. I was asked to address your question: Basically Assassin Symbiote *does not* function like Constrict nor is it considered constrict. Where constrict (a very powerful capability) would deal damage on every successful grapple check, this one merely deals damage once per round while you maintain a grapple. I did this intentionally since constrict in the hands of a player at creation would be woefully overpowered. Thanks for your interest!

Did you have something in mind?

Ah, alright, I didn't notice that. Thanks for answering so quickly.

would it? Don't most players upon creation only get one grapple check/round? I suppose once you've got 3, it's a bigger deal, though if it's not constrict, Assassin Symbiote would stack with it, allowing somebody to do 3 constrict damage, grapple damage, if they chose, and damage through Symbiote. Meh, could be alright.

Honestly? I ban every resurrection spell in my games for just that reason. I mean, if raising the dead were that easy (which I'm aware isn't THAT easy, but easy enough) then Abe Lincoln wasn't a martyr - he was lazy.

Let's as an example say. Any spell, effect, or magical item that does the following
>allow for long distance teleportation
>produces infinite food and water or negates the need for food and water in an organism that would otherwise need it.
Since those are the usual big ones that get axed for world building purposes.

My pleasure. Credit goes to Gareth for making me aware of it though. Again, thanks for your interest! It was a blast to work on!

Nah, that's fairly standard. It makes travel time and resource management an actual aspect of the game after early levels.

Did you write blinklings, the best race in all of Bloodforge?

the early levels are THE PLACE for travel time and resource management, though. society has always worked on ways to make travel time and resource management less of a fucking chore you wad

I was bored. Seeing as how I was incredibly bored- I did something silly and homebrewed a class that focuses on 6/9 casting and metamagic, which usually isn't a great combo. I present to you, the Scholar!

docs.google.com/document/d/1AyYNdmmG7B4z4HuSas5WsVC4uZO-MDJceAlqBmd3zDA/edit

There is a huge difference between having societal methods to ease travel time and resource management and being able to just cast a single spell and solve everyone's problems instantly.

Well, the book IS a rewrite of Bastards and Bloodlines (if that hasn't already been acknowledged enough already) and while we put most of the fluff to the torch, Blinklings fluff stayed. If you're talking about the mechanics? I wrote most of the mechanics for the races, with few exceptions. So in that instance, yes. Hope you weren't being sarcastic?

Depends on what. I had a DM that banned almost all divine casters (druids became arcane with the same list, divine semi-casters like paladins worked by force of will shaping the world not divine power but had further limited abilities and shit, clerics and oracles were straight out)

This is almost a strict upgrade to the wizard from levels 1 to 12, and then it plateaus sharply from that point onward due to an anemic spell progression. This is exceedingly lopsided.

I do not see how this is supposed to be a remotely balanced attempt at a tier 3 caster.

I would advise using an actual 6th-level caster's spell progression and spell list and adjusting the acquisition of metamagic abilities accordingly, so as to minimize dead levels.

At creation, it isn't horrible overpowered, but you'd deal damage twice every round at creation - on your turn (to maintain) and on the enemy turn (when they try to break out and fail) since it procs on successful grapple checks. With Greater Grapple it does become silly, and that's why we made it this way, because it was either THAT, or nerf the damage down. I didn't want to do that so this was the more comfortable medium.

>I wrote most of the mechanics for the races, with few exceptions. So in that instance, yes.

You have surpassed even the Gareth.

I hereby award you the title of Big Blinkling.

You are a true dogboy.

I don't think it says that anywhere

WHEN
H
E
N

It literally says it in the same sidebar

Heh. Well thanks? Not gonna lie - that made my day. I'll note the new title!

Tell me about kingdoms, locations, cities or even villages you feel very proud of making!

Fun fact! This does not apply to Pathfinder Society, thanks to existing FAQs overriding it.

Solving the water problem isn't a big deal, create water as a cantrip is whatever since there are other reasons to be near water and the magic is rare enough to not radically change anything outside of an adventuring party (they still need to manage food, not water). Making food or dealing with hunger is a huge deal.

>Solving the water problem isn't a big deal, create water as a cantrip is whatever since there are other reasons to be near water and the magic is rare enough to not radically change anything outside of an adventuring party (they still need to manage food, not water). Making food or dealing with hunger is a huge deal.

Unless you're in Thuvia fighting with the Water Lords.

Rewrote the scholar class. It now gains spells at a rate of a normal 6-level caster, but it now gets a spell kenning-like ability that's pretty much mimicking other spells.

Wait wait wait. So an evil wizard trying to awaken an evil slumbering god in an evil infused ruin who kept casting protection from evil on himself to gain an edge against the other evil monsters that haunt the place could accidentally turn himself good over the course of a day's adventuring?

Why are dreigi so overpowered?

It is entirely possible, yes.

Ah, you've figured out why it's dumb. Excellent.

There's no DMs allowed in /pfg/ just DSP fanfucks and kitsunes/catboys/etc

people only like blinklings because they can meme about halflings taking dog cock

Don't let those memes be memes!

As much as I hate to confess this out loud, the fluff on those was me.

They got errata that hasn't made it into the PDF yet for the same reason we don't have print yet - the damn files got corrupt.

I've been brainstorming some exotic locales but I've hardly committed them to paper.
>towns filled with large structures made with mud and dirt
>the structure double as plots for special fruits and vegetables and housing..
Stupid or no.

Gareth, you disgust me.

>As much as I hate to confess this out loud, the fluff on those was me.

It's okay, I enjoy the thought of busty Halfling girls getting knotted too.

No.

No, not at all. This party is not very optimized.

Are aellar getting errata to be less OP as fuck too?

What would be the best way to replicate based Genn Greymane in Pathfinder, with access to Path of War, Path of War Expanded, Psionics, and the Lords of the X books?

Source? All it's bringing up in Google for me is "Face".

It's been so long I can't remember what the supposed problem with Aellar is or was, so...maybe.

This book's been our weird little problem child for awhile now.

The Brawler is extremely optimized and has 1st turned 80% of the major enemies up to this point. Hence why I say he's maxed out.

I wish I knew too, but Google has apparently changed the way their reverse-image search operates.

>Brawler 6/Ninja 1
>Optimized
hahahahaha

If you actually go and read the fluff you'll note that I played my one and only 'no one knows and no one's gonna find out' card on 'where do Blinklings come from'. Shit like this is user memeing.

Which works because generally you can't make water on the scale you'd need for more than a party (due to it going poof) without wasting resources like strong casters.

promotions?

He has 28 Strength without buffs and we're using the rules that say a Cestus increases unarmed damage by one step across the board, so he does 2d6 with his attacks, and that's not even with buffs....by comparison to everyone, yea, he's super optimized.

and now he's stacking sneak attack damage

>He has 28 Strength without buffs

Dude, he's stronger than an adult dragon.

Let that settle in.

He can piggy-back the Magus and still have strength to princess-carry the Rogue/Cleric.

While we're still on the topic of Bloodforge, does the Murk's Draconic alternate racial trait change/give them the drakeblood subtype or is it just a convenient name?

Anthropomorphic Animal is in Ultimate Magic.

Source on this cutie?

Not stupid at all. Adobe bricks and similar structures have been staples of architecture across all eras and regions. You don't usually want big tree roots growing through the ceiling of such a house though, as it may cause a huge collapse on your family, but I think that's within fantasy's suspension.

What if

Human + Elf = Half Elf
Human + Orc = Half Orc
Elf + Orc = Human
Elf + Dwarf = Gnome
Orc + Dwarf = Goblin
Human + Dwarf = Halfling

>Elf + Orc = Human

Catfolk + Dragon = Human

Wouldn't humans be half-orcs, then?

Dragon + Human = Lizardman
Dragon + Dwarf = Kobold

Source needed for research.

RAW it does not. We're taking making the change under consideration but TBQH alterations to Bloodforge exist in this black hole of horror and doom right now where we've got to rescue the files before we do anything else.

I said I don't have it.

Someone else might?
Which board would I ask for this kind of source at anyways?

It doesn't help that it's searching the thumbnail.

/r/?