Most underrated, coolest chapter coming through

Most underrated, coolest chapter coming through.
>rare wargear aka they are the richest
>always operate at full chapter strenght to ensure success
>kill other space marines and don't make an hour long edgy speech about it like those Chaos faggots
>Minotaurs just sounds better and less underage tier than Black Templars or Blood Angels

and you know lore wise they are able to shit all over your meme chapter of choice so don't even try to argue you pleb with shit taste

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V-kt9N4teCY
youtube.com/watch?v=DigtCrO77L8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're Marines Malevolent-tier designed to be unlikeable.

If you like these guys, you're some alt-right contrarian autist who sides with every villain just because they're the villain.

>Basing your perception of someone's entire character on their preferred science fiction warrior monks

Butthurt cuck detected.

This may be a bait thread, but people saying they're like the Marines Malevolent are retarded. The MM are moustache-twirlingly evil, they're so over-the-top and absurd that I honestly try to forget they exist.

The Minotaurs, on the other hand, are basically what the MM were before GW's shittastic writers got a hold of them. They're consummate professionals and killers, with no illusions of what their job is in service of the highlords. In that sense, they're actually a lot like the War Hounds and their Iron Warrior gene progenitors.

They aren't called to liberate the weak, or rebuild sectors, or march in victory parades for the pict recorders. The only reason they enter the battlefield is because the High Lords need other Astartes not just dead, but annihilated as an example to others. In that end, they aren't needlessly cruel or barbaric. They're just there to kill whoever needs to be killed, grab whatever needs to be grabbed, and then fuck off back home before repeating it again.

Isn't it odd for space marines to even work for the high lords like that? Thought space marines were very big on being independent from these other factions within the imperium and only had loyalty and answered to themselves and the emperor. The deathwatch makes sense because they got together to cooperate and defend the imperium from typical threats. But a space marine hitman squad meant to kill other space marines and answer to the high lords? Seems a bit off.

lap dogs of the High Lords

>>always operate at full chapter strenght to ensure success

bah, coward cows overcompensating

>Thought space marines were very big on being independent from these other factions within the imperium and only had loyalty and answered to themselves and the emperor.

Space Marines as a whole have this privilege.

It is within any Chapter Masters right to throw in his lot with any particular power, and even then they are not officially underneath that agency - only a close ally.

They have the right in so much as no one is willing to stop them, but in reality they're not really supposed to.

That's why the whole thing with the Minotaurs is really fucking under the table.

t. Blackshield responsible for the destruction of his chapter

Well maybe they just thought pledging to the High Lords directly would be a really good idea given their high attrition tactics and general distrust of astartes on terra (cause of muh heresy ptsd bloo boo bloo).

Naw, they were built from the ground up to work for the High Lords. Their chapter was a bunch of proto-Khornate lunatics who could barely keep themselves together until the High Lords stepped in and literally brainfucked them into being combat servitors for them. Ultimately, it's not really so bad for an Imperial organization to have close relations with a chapter, the Exorcists work really closely with the Inquisition for example, but direct control is pretty suspect. Especially with an organization as powerful and notably corrupt as the High Lords.

They're not even that good, besides having the nicest toys. Asterion Moloc has potentially died like seven times in five centuries, they just stick a new guy in the suit and make him think he's the same guy. Compare that to someone like Dante, whose been alive for almost two millenia.

>Ultimately, it's not really so bad for an Imperial organization to have close relations with a chapter

It actually kind of is

The Space Marines loyalty is supposed to be first and foremost to the Emperor and the Imperium. When you have Chapters with not so subtle ties to the High Lords, the Mechanicus, and the Ecclesiarchy it cast doubt on whether those Chapters would do what is best for the Imperium or what is best for their buddies.

The Inquisition is perhaps one of the few or only organizations within the Imperium where a close relationship overall might not hurt because the Inquisition really doesn't have a formal structure and chain of command.

Close ties =/= work for. Their loyalty ought to be fire and foremost to the Imperium, but how exactly they get that done can be up to them. If they want to play nice with a Forgeworld so they can get the coolest toys that's their prerogative.

The problems start to arise when they prioritize one group over another when it wouldn't be tactically or ethically sound.

>you know lore wise they are able to shit all over your meme chapter of choice
But what if the meme chapter the user chooses is the Ultramarines?

>Close ties =/= work for.

They might as well mean the same thing if close ties starts to mean doing stuff for the organization in question.

I suppose it does ultimately depend on the Chapter's various actions, but such close ties do cast the aspersion that the Chapter may not be living up to their duty.

>if you don't like what I like you must be people I don't like

>if you aren't what I like you're a contrarian

>tfw 100 good men stopped a hive fleet.
Ultramarines is BEST

They are, after all, LITERALLY Hitler.

Not really. The Red Hunters are basically another chapter militant of the Holy Ordos, ditto for the Exorcists, while the Adeptus Mechanicus have a few pet chapters of their own.

Get out of the way you stooges of the High Lords, a REAL underrated Chapter is coming through.

Sorry dude, you mixed up your chapter with another truly underrated Unforgiven! Don't worry, I've got your back.

>Best Chapter
>Not Ultra Marines

Pick one plebeian.

I like the Warp Ghosts. And that chapter that tested xenos tech for the ad-mech before that was retconned.

>Ultramarines
Looks like you misspelled Galactic Partridges. Fucking autocorrect, amirite?

>less underage
>we are the richest
>we always go full force
>we kill da gud guise
Sure

Yeah, most chapters work like that. And that's the exact reason why there needs to be some sort of control over them.

The minotaurs probably don't consider themselves true astartes, just like other chapters disregard them. They are a special force made to prevent space marines from threatening the imperium, and that's what they do.

threads like these really make me want to play chapter master
Why does it always have to be given up upon 3 months after any wannabe dev restarts the project? ; _ ;

Aside from being the High Lords' lap dogs, they fucked over one of the best chapters.

They're not underrated, they just have a shit and boring color scheme.

FW's chapters are always the best because they're the richest, with the most unique minis.

>Liking space nazis IN THE CURRENT YEAR

Thanks for Correcting the Record

Threadly reminder that back when 40k was grimdark there were NO mother Theresa Space Marines.

They were ALL deadly killers always loyal to the Emperor, regardless if you were a good goy or not

This game had the accurate depiction of Space Marines

youtube.com/watch?v=V-kt9N4teCY

No it isnt.

The Imperium is very wide and not all Space Marines work in the official Codex Astartes way.

There are for example chapters that solely serve the Ordo Malleus or the Ordo Hereticus, which are still Space Marines.

Space Marines are almost NEVER independent.

Even the weirdest ones like Space Wolves are usually called by the Lords of Terra or some other high command to go to places.

Only back then when they were grimdark

>only good 40k shooter
>it's about tau
I'm still mad

It's ok, you're both wrong.

At least you could still play as a Space Marine in multiplayer.

I'm still mad that the gameplay is shit, personally.

Space Marine , the game , isnt bad either.

The perfect 40k shooter would be a mix of Fire Warrior and Space Marine

>Ultramarines in non-2nd company colors
And you dare to say Firewarrior was bad.

Only in the gameplay aspect.

Fire Warrior was 10/10 in the lore and aesthetic departments. It captured the 40k feel perfectly

It would never be as good as I hope, but I'm just waiting for a shooter focused on the Guard

Mount & Blade 40k would be excellent

Playing a Rogue Trader from a ruined lineage/one that just recently got its Warrant, pottering about the Jerhico Reach, doing the typical Rogue Trader past times would be fun

Their lips must be real sore, what with all the High Lord cock they suck.

>primary colour is a metallic

no fucking thankyou

My meme Chapter is the Salamanders, and any progenitor Chapter will absolutely fuck the Minotaurs.

The Smurfs and the Yiffs already made them look like bitches.

Try pulling your stunts with a 1st Founding Chapter. Mess with one Unforgiven you mess with them all, or you know UMs because 60% of all marines are Rowboat's children.

>There is this galaxy full of random shit you can build on
>Nah I would rather play generic WW2 fps but with orks instead of krauts.

>Shooting the good guys
Edgy faggot

>Imperium
>Good guys
Let me laugh at your lack of sapiency

No, we need Metal Gear Scorpion.

>Karandras, I'm already a daemon...

I like the aesthetic and idea behind the Minotaurs. They're like the War Hounds or the Pre-Heresy Space Wolves. They're sent to deal with Renegades and other unmentionables. Plus, their Chapter Master and Venerable Dreadnought are bad ass.

A weapon to surpass Titans?

I was talking about the nazis

That would be Farsight.

It has to be this way. We've given war a chance for the last 10,000 years.

Space Marines also look badass in roman/greek themes. I mean, say what you want about Ultramarines, but they look cash as fuck.

Of the Forge World OC chapters, I'd say better than Red Scorpions but not as cool/edgy as the Carcharodons.

>only good 40k shooter
>good

>Ultramoron successors
>Love the Codex Astartes
>Arthurian Romance in SPAAAACE
>Medieval homeworld
>Fucking griffon shaped mountain base
>Their Librarians can scream sonic waves that banish demons
>Sweet as fuck paint scheme
>Hard as fuck to paint. Jesus.
>Fought in the Badab wars, some of the best lore in the setting.
>Combination of Maximus and Errant armor
>Expert demonslayers
All this, and their only claim to fame is that one of the GW writers has an army of them.
Tell me more about how a bunch of closet heretics serving the High Lords are the real unsung heroes of the Spess Marines.

They are a bunch of fucking faggots like everything medieval themed.

>Red Scorpions
>Space Sharks
>Minotaurs
>Forge World OC chapters

They all had Pre-Existing lore, but they were all basically rebuilt from the ground up. Minotaurs in particular even actually have an in fluff reason for being so radically different between versions.

>medieval knights wooing fair maidens
vs
>pretend greeks rubbing pecs and wrassling in the nude

No, user, you and your Minotaurs are the faggots.

>beta orbiters risking their health for a used cunt

vs

>manly men endulging in sports

>Doing things to please roasties.
That's why you'll never be something in life.

I just really like the idea that they're the High Lords personal attack dogs. Almost adds a level of political intrigue to them.

The Space Sharks with virtually no fluff and the Red Scorpions who are fucking identical to their characterization in fucking White Dwarf 101?

LOL

Stupid fucking ghost chapter.

I'm so fucking tired of these "space marines being nice" pictures.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

>They are the Defenders of Humanity

>unable to please a woman
>no great feats that females find attractive
>determines that successful men are in fact orbiters

This is why nobody takes you Minotaur edgelords seriously.

Why don't you try to fight the Ultramarines again, see how that goes?

I willing to bet that the Officio of assasins have something to do with this

I still believe the best approach to making a 40k fps is start as a guard. You fight things like cultists and whatever. Perhaps you're on a hive world. Story progresses to you and your buddies finding out there's a genestealer cult and you die.

Game then switches you to a space marine force fighting ff the remnants of an ork rokk that went off course in the nearby subsector. Or maybe stick with cultist. The switch from guard to space marine should be very noticeable. You no longer need to aim down sights, things due to one melee attack, you can just bull rush through all the things, gunfire bounces off most parts of your armor.

And so on and so forth. You should start as guard because humans are kind of the standard of the universe. By playing guard and switching to fast as fukk eldar, or juggernaut space marines, you really see and feel the difference in the races.

Why don't you try fighting Word Bearers again, see how that goes?

>"Rest? We were not made to rest; we go on, unflinching, unstoppable, unending in our strength. The Emperor did not make us for such mortal concerns as hearth and home, vanity or contemplation; we are his engines of war, his hammers, beating out the fabric of existence into a vessel fit for Mankind to inhabit."

I actually LIKE that there is a marine chapter that truly doesn't give a fuck about normal people. Everyone seems to forget that until recently the Iron Hands were the same fucking thing.

>Isn't it odd for space marines to even work for the high lords like that?

Exactly, its why the Minotaurs are able to do what they do and why their set up is actually interesting. They don't "technically" work for the high lords, because space marine chapters are autonomous units by definition.

They "work" for the high lords by basically always accepting requests from them and always volunteering for any missions they might have for a space marine chapter, especially if its to hunt down renegades.

In return the High Lords pull some strings and get them the best shit, armor, tanks, you name it for their legion while protecting their actions with their name.

Its not that simple. There are chapters that work INSANELY close to organizations like the inquisition or the mechanicus, but they are not PART of these organizations as the bureaucracy of the Imperium dictates that they are their own independent organizations by virtue of being a chapter of the Adeptus Astartes.

Nothing stops them though from acting only in the interest of certain imperial groups, as long as they don't go too far or harm the greater imperium.

>tfw 100 good men stopped a hive fleet.
>tfw they didn't, and died well before the Ultramarines made It back to Ultramar
>tfw says this ignoring that it was the Imperial Navy fleet that ultimately stopped the Hive Fleet, sacrificing their greatest shit to actually end the fleet...
Ultramarine fags, stealing the glory as usual...

TO BE FAIR... they DID side with a traitor and didn't realize until they were fucked.

>Unforigiven
>In any way shape or form, interesting

Only DA Successor that are remotely unique are

what user posted

>Minotaurs are loved by /r9k/

It all makes sense

>Lamenters
>Boo-hoo, we fight for those we cherish, let's write a 1d4chan article and fellate them nonstop
>Literally die like fucking retards in every lore-piece they're mentioned in
>People somehow like them, probably because it's a meme on Veeky Forums at this point

>Minotaurs/Space Sharks
>Hurr, look at how brutal we are
>Literally LOYALIST khornate berzerkers XD

>Black Templars
>We hate psykers, except for navigators and astropaths guys really and the Emperor of course
>Biggest chapter in 40k
>Barely over codex strength

>Salamanders
>Dude look at how humanitarian they are only bros in 40k

Probably missed a few. I don't mind people talking about their favorite Chapters and discussing it, it's just when people start acting like the Chapter is their furry OC persona it starts to smell like cancer.

Remember the Space Wolves, THE most popular first founding chapter to the greater imperium outside the Blood Angels, the defenders of the cadian gate, saviors of Armageddon, are getting nuked to death by all of the other first founding chapters because word got out about heresy. Notice how little fucks the rest of the chapters care and how easily they go along with it, fucking everyone showed up.

If the High Lords decided they wanted to fuck up a first founding chapter, declare them heretics and ordered their destruction it would speak with the authority of the Mechanicus, the Inquisition, the Militarium, the Ecclesiarchy, and even the Custodes. They are the representatives of the throne in the Emperor's absence, they don't fuck around.

If they want your chapter dead, its dead. Retaliation against their condemnation is only further proof of guilt to the imperium.

Yes, they could easily order the Ultramarines heretics, proclaim they had betrayed the imperium and must be destroyed before they disgrace the lineage of Gulliman and sick the Minotaurs on them.

If Calgar tries to rally other chapters to their cause then they just pull a Badab and call it a full scale rebellion and order the rest of the chapters on them. That is 100% a death sentence for any chapter involved or at least the easiest way to get fucked entirely. The rest of the Marine chapters would have to choose to either betray the imperium for a chapter, even a notable one, called corrupt by the highlords... or remove a single chapter... its stupidly obvious that even Ultramarine successor chapters aren't stupid enough to turn on the Imperium, the focal point of their loyalty.

Sure chapters don't HAVE to follow the highlords, but its a certainly stupid move if you rely on any of those branches for support.

Why the fuck do you think the Unforgiven work so freaking hard to not get caught? They know just how much they would be fucked if they were accused of heresy.

Do Iron Hands count as overrated if only one guy spends all day fellating them? And that person is me.

>until recently
BREAKING: MAN ON Veeky Forums IS MAD ABOUT FLUFF HE HASN'T READ

>998.M41 Efficiency Exemplified
>When the presence of a shape-shifting xenos entity is confirmed in the command structure of the Vostroyan 9th, the Iron Hands of Clan Vurgaan are sent to destroy the same Imperial Guardsmen that were recent allies during the Cull of Ersatz Prime. Having extensive knowledge of the 9th’s military capacities, the Iron Fathers of Clan Vurgaan can predict the minimum amount of materiel needed for the operation. A pair of Storm Wing Squadrons, each carrying a squad of ten Tactical Marines, are detached to the waterlogged bunker complex in which the Vostroyans are purity-testing their troops. The gunships of the squadron enact pinpoint strafing runs that kill every soldier outside the bunker complex’s walls, and the Tactical Marines disembark to scour the corridors inside. The devastation that follows turns the brackish water of the 9th’s base pink with the blood of Imperial Guardsmen as the Iron Hands pitilessly execute every one of the Vostroyans, despite many of the Imperial Guardsmen calling their former allies by name in the hope of clemency. By the time the Storm Wing Squadrons depart the ruined facility, every bolter round has been fired and every power cell has been spent in accordance with the Iron Fathers’ plans.

The Iron Hands are so heroic now after Clan Raukaan

Minotaurs aren't berserkers you retard that's old fluff.

The Space Wolves deserve it, though. They're literally keeping mutants within their ranks, and considering most of the "dark secrets" that most first founding Chapter's have, e.g Fallen, Red Thirst/Black Rage and shit, LITERAL MUTANTS that are created from exposure to the warp is a really big no-no.

Also, in one of the books the Space Wolves showed up to a planet looking for Fallen whilst Chaos were invading, the Dark Angels of all people showed up to assist, then the SW found the Wulfen and fucked off, and left the DA on their own, a bit ironic, but cunty to the extreme nontheless.

I can't really speak for an entire fanbase dude but I barely hear anyone talk about the Iron Hands.

They're fucking based, exquisite taste though, user.

>Reference the kind of retarded shit fanboys say
>Taking it as me saying that minotaurs are LITERAL berserkers

?????? what was your endgame with this post

I just don't get why people don't recognize them more.

They exemplify everything that is Space Marine, and have sick robot arms to boot. More importantly, they actually have an interesting progression and arc as an organization. What with their whole "purge the flesh" becoming more of a "don't purge the flesh, because without flesh we can't be PISSED AS FUCK."

Space Wolves are demonstrating actual provable heresy, though.

If the High Lords pointed at Calgar and screamed heresy, it is guaranteed that a huge number of chapters will side with the Ultras. If you want to throw out a First Founding chapter, you best bring some proof of their misdeeds, otherwise you're going to have Horus Heresy 2.0 on your hands.

Didn't the Wulfen also kill a DA scout squad?

>Why don't you try to fight the Ultramarines again, see how that goes?

You mean the story where two Ultramarine successor chapters decided to wage war against each other instead of doing their job and aiding the Crusade they were on...

>Two ultramarine successors decide murdering each other is better then helping the crusade, flat out ignoring the calls from those they were there to aid in the first place and causing massive trouble because of random stupid shit.
>Two space marine chapters actually warring with each other... bad shit when it has the spotlight on it.
>The imperium sends the minotaurs in to end the conflict
>no fucks given, just ordered stop that shit.
>The minotaurs flatten both chapters, sending the Doom Warriors running and the Inceptors surrendering dishonorably.
>Reminder that this was all because they fought a wrongful war in the first place
> Ultrasmurfs mad that their little brothers were beaten up for their stupidity.
>Vow vengeance against the party acting FOR the imperium at the time, in the objective right.
>Ban's them from ultramar
>"D-Don't Talk To Me Or My Son Ever Again"

YEAH... ok sounds good bro...

>Your chapter receives a message
>The High Lords announce that they, with the full support of the Inquision, have found heresy of a treacherous nature among the Ultramarines chapter.
>To preserve their memory and honor what came before the current members of the chapter must be exterminated
> You must organize your chapter and act fast before the corruption spreads
>Some of their closest chapters have blindly sided with their progenitor chapter, unaware of the truth
>Report at XlocationX to join reclamation fleet
>The message is legit from the High Lords, everything checks out.
>Communication is slow. This is the only thing you have to go on.
>"oh hey, lets automatically assume the Highlords, the Inquision are wrong lol"

Yeah not happening... nobody waits for "proof" in the imperium

exactly, the DEFENDERS of humanity, not the nannies of humanity

It would appear that the Space Marine in this artist's interpretation has sustained heavy injury.

Even his thigh armor plate has gone missing, exposing the wiring of his powered suit.

That's pretty awesome. and I ain't never seen that before. I wish I could die like him.

Nigga that's just his robo-leg. Also, he's just missing a robo-arm. Easy to fix right up when he's done trashing ork scum.

His robo-limbs probably let him do sick shit like dual wield bolters too.

>Literally LOYALIST khornate berzerkers XD
>Confirmed to not know shit
Minotaurs are fucking Iron Warriors bro, they are all about brutality in ALL aspects of war, not running around with fucking chainaxes and always CCing shit.

>Black Templars
Have been shat on for the past few years, they used to be based as fuck. One of the few chapters smart enough to go "awehellno" whenever a non regulated and controlled psyche appeared. Then GW fucked their shit up in every way possible.

>Lamenters
>Literally sacrifice themselves like fucking heroes in every lore-piece they're mentioned in
ftfy... plus nice paint scheme

>Salamanders
Every new book with Vulkan is flat out ruining them... its sad as fuck as he's been such a bitch for the most part.

Iron Hands are based as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=DigtCrO77L8

>Minotaurs are Iron Warriors

Nope. Their geneseed in chimeric, stop referring to 1d4chan for actual lore.

>Nice colour scheme and they sacrifice themselves like heroes

Piss yellow and chequered pauldrons aren't good. Different strokes for different folks i guess. Impaling fifty of your marines on a tree to make a corpse ladder so some girl can get her cat is "heroic" sure, but it's also fucking stupid and a tremendous waste of fucking resoucres. i really hope they're confirmed dead so Veeky Forums will finally shut up about them

Blame Nick Kyme for ruining the Salamanders, he shouldn't be allowed to touch them ever again.

Iron Hands fuck shit up.

>Lamenters
>always fucking up their sacrifices to get priceless Marine lives and their important equipment lost just so that a few civilians can starve to death or become gangers if they are lucky enough to even become refugees
Actually fixed that

If you're not saving Imperial lives, what's the point in protecting the Imperium at all?

Now I want to die like him even more, being ripped apart robotic limb by limb, until my actual stumps and vital organs are exposed to the ravaging Orks.. (if there's even enough of man left inside that suit after all their intrusive surgeries and enhancements.)

Also, based means good right? I find them to be quite based as well. Generally I like chapters that involve themselves with heavy use of bionics and other special equipment, but I'm hardly a knowledgeable (much less a loyal customer), so responding to my posts may be a waste of your bodily energy.