Whimsy quests

I need some help coming up with good ideas for small whimsical quests. Things you'd let very low level characters do, preferably with a bit of humour in them. Or just quests that help the player get into the feeling of no longer being a big bad world devouring barbarian but a first level Noober who has to watch out with running because he has asthma.

So please, fa/tg/uys, give me noob quests.

Fuck I killed that faggot almost instantly

Get sent to kill rats in a tavern basement, end up exposing corruption at the highest levels of government because the bad guys keep leaving Resident Evil notes everywhere and cackle maniacally in public.

Help out a revenant to reach its goal (goal like see its relative/loved one again and ask for forgiveness, players finding the way and clues to location). Be sure to make it feely.
Guard a vineyard from goblins. Goblins aren't particularly aggressive and violent, they just steal and eat grapes even if they are sour, and owner barely makes ends meet.
A druid is in distress: wolves are becoming too numerous, and game and nearby villages might be in danger. Reduce their numbers, druid thanks you and tells good things in his Circle to other druids.
Bring some scrap metal to fix water pump. Find out the water is poisoned. Check out a cave that connects to aqiufer, find a cult of Kuo-Toa or other peskers.
Check the crumbling wizard tower: villagers worry about strange screams from it. Convince the moss-covered golem you find inside that musical career isn't well-suited for it, and it will be much more helpful working in the village.

>Asshole thief steals various items ranging from shop signs to precious heirlooms in every town the PCs visit, leaves increasingly shit riddles that call them out personally
>recover overdue library books
>nobleman's daughter has gone awol, find her before her fiance realises
>old man wants to eat his favourite childhood dish but forgot the recipe, find a chef who can cook it
>local priest needs help running a school for village children
>a card sharp has taken too much money from villagers, expose how he is cheating
>local militia need new sparring partners to help train

>nobleman's daughter has gone awoo

>your reward for finding her is an invite to her WEREWOLF BATMITZVAH. GIRLS BECOMING WOMEN, WOMEN BECOMING WOLVES

Most of my whimsy quests are kinda for higher level heroes, but here-

The city is staging a play about the heros' exploits, but the city treasurer hired her husband, a demanding artist with no concept of compromise, as the director. The party has been charged with putting him in check, but he won't cow down as easily as some cliche fairy tale lackey.

> He refuses to let the adventurers play themselves, because they're exceptionally mundane compared to the image of epic heroism he wants to capture. He'll gradually phase out all actors over the course of development until it's only him in various different costumes as every role, since he's 'the only one doing it right'.

> He has no concept of budget or safety- the pyrotechnics are unstable, and that damn displacer beast he had brought in keeps slipping his cage and stirring up panic.

> He's been gradually hiring on more and more kobolds from outside the city as stage hands, including the pyrotechnics mage. They're useful because they can scurry across the stage ropes with ease, but Tmthey keep chuckling about how opening night is going to be a blast. They're rude and smelly and keep stealing things off people's window sills. They've rigged the director's home with traps, so he won't be disturbed.

> Upper echelons of government are attending opening night- this score could make or break the adventurers' careers.

> Speaking of scores, the musicians are arguing over who is more important- the choir has broken into fist- fights. Replacing them with less spirited performers makes the whole program suffer- the director won't have it.

Really loving the style of this one, tons of RP options with a development into possible combat.

Whimsical Rape Riot

I turned him into a squirrel, and then turned the squirrel to stone.

I guess that makes him a lawn ornament now.

> noob quests
You could always have them run errands for someone.
Have them collect ingredients for a meal (could be a banquet, if you want to get fancy) at the local inn/castle/guild/mom's house. Make sure all the people they have to talk to are quirky as hell, and/or have their own minor problems they need you to solve first as well.

BRB, replaying BG1.

Hah, thanks, running this one tonight to celebrate saving the city + all of our first times playing above level 8.

Garth Ennis pls go

Two ideas I have running in this vein:

>The players are working a security detail for the wedding of the local lord's daughter, things escalate until it turns into the ballroom blitz

>The players are wizards in training, sent on a hazing mission by their elder classmates where they must bring back something from the library basement armed only with a bunch of bullshit magical items.

There was a pretty interesting quest in another thread, time ago.

>there´s rumors of ghosts in the forest, at least the ghost of a girl who died there time ago, probably eaten by wolves
>when players are crossing a forest, they find a young girl wearing a red little cape
>she´s carrying a little basket, and tells the players she´s bringing some food to her grandma, who lives in a hut in the forest
>soon the party starts getting attacked by pretty damn big wolves
>they try to catch her and try to carry her away. They can be fought off and the girl saved, but the wolves are oddly intelligent and will get in the way, covering those that are dragging the girl away. She can´t explain what´s going on. When asked about it, the girl refuses to answer any questions and only asks to be taken to her grandma´s

>turns out she didn´t get killed by wolves long ago. She ran into fae who thought it´d be funny to play a game with her. She´s now immortal and trapped in the forest. She´s free to go if she can reach her grandma´s house, but the wolves will hunt her down and carry her back to the depths of the forest every time
>as part of the curse, she can´t talk about it all
>she keeps trying to get help to reach her grandma´s house, asking travelers for help but always losing them to the wolves

>if the players manage to reach the grandma´s house they simply find an old, half ruined hut and a little tomb next to it. Once the girl gets here the curse is broken. She is now free to go.

Session was too short mode:
>the fae aren´t happy the players took their toy away and send the wolves to fuck them up
>alternatively, the fae offer them a deal. They won´t kill everyone if one of them becomes a fae. Any attempt to attack the fae results in fae magic coming into play and the aggressor getting almost killed, maybe get a little curse. Violence isn´t an option here

>the girl chooses to become a fae. She´ll be there forever, but the party is now free to go.

Don't forget finding a lady's beloved cat and fixing hot springs pump.

That's more gothic horror than whimsy, at least in my book.

Kinda depends on how you tackle it. Wouldn´t be hard to tone down the gore part.

I also think my dictionary´s definition of whimsical might be somewhat off or outdated.

Fetch parts for a *insert magitek thingie here*

I do like them as a change of pace, especially if you have a handful of skills which are rarely used (Survival, crafts) it can be anice break.

Rather than have them ust walk or ride to the next town over, have them fall through a portal and have them go someplace very strange, like Sigil or a very foreign plane of something.

The players are all working at a restaurant and have to survive a night waiting on a table of PCs

fug, now I want to run Ryuutama Liberl Edition

the comfiest RPG possible

Ryuutama Liberl? Sounds like some kinda soup, what is it?