Let's talk about Ravn- I mean Kaladesh!

Let's talk about Ravn- I mean Kaladesh!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lYXvo3w4_YE
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype= ["Dwarf"]&block= ["Shadowmoor Block"]
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Ghirapur, City of Wonders

The largest city on Kaladesh, Ghirapur is a massive cogwork machine that comes alive with the power of aether. The city extends from the port district of Bomat, located at the confluence of Kaladesh's three major rivers, through a multitude of varied and distinct neighborhoods, including the bustling Eleven Bridges market district, the aviaries of Freejam, the metalworking zone of Weldfast, the cosmopolitan greenbelt of Kujar, and the artist colony known as Giants' Walk. Ghirapur was founded on the spirit of invention, and today it is home to the Consulate government, which strives to uphold the founders' principles of optimism, creative freedom, and hope.

>Lathnu, City at the Top of the World

Lathnu is a remote settlement in the far north perched high on the Devra Cliffs; it can only be reached via vertical rail track, or a very long and strenuous climb. Lathnu's economy is based around mining and smelting the metals found in the mountains, which inventors throughout Kaladesh depend on to build their wondrous devices.

>Peema, Touched by Aether

Spanning tens of thousands of acres, the wild forest of Peema is home to a population of elves who are deeply connected to the flow of aether. Daily, aether streams dip from the aethersphere to wind through the flora and imbue the fauna. The plants and trees are more vibrant in Peema, and the creatures are stronger, faster, and livelier than their counterparts elsewhere on Kaladesh.

D E S I G N A T E D

>Vahd, The Golden Steps

An expansive region that was once solely devoted to farming, Vahd took on a new identity during the Great Aether Boom, becoming a hub of the aerowright industry. The wheat fields surrounding the villages of Panka, Cambi, and Maranjapur were cleared away to make room for runways, hangars, and workshops, and many farmers trained to become aerowrights and test pilots.

>Weldfast: The District Zone

"Home to some of the most brilliant minds in the city, every facet of Weldfast is a handcrafted work of art…"

Ghirapur is, and has always been, a city of dreamers, and the Consulate is proud to provide aether to fuel those dreams. Visitors looking to experience the kind of unbound creativity that can blossom thanks to an easily accessible aether reservoir need look no further than the zone of Weldfast. Home to some of the most brilliant—and sometimes unpredictable—minds in the city, every facet of Weldfast is a handcrafted work of art, from bridge to spire to lamppost. The Committee on Regulation and Enforcement would like to take this opportunity to advise visitors that the inventors of Weldfast sometimes like to show off. Be mindful of flashy displays that might include elemental effects such as sprays of water or crackling fire.

>Freejam

"Step through the dragon-shaped archway into this hub of aeronautical engineering…"

Visitors seeking an adventure can surely find it in the zone of Freejam. Step through the dragon-shaped archway into this hub of aeronautical engineering, and behold the heights of invention! The Consulate Committee on Regulation and Enforcement advises visitors that sometimes the extremely tall architecture in Freejam can be dizzying, please mind yourself and take appropriate precautions. Once acclimated to the raised plazas, plentiful turrets, and rotating platforms, many visitors make a game of seeing how much of the zone they can cross without ever setting foot on the ground. Visitors who have worked up an appetite, and are in the mood for a culinary adventure should take note of Freejam's exquisite street food, whose heat can only be matched by the roaring engines of passing skyships—or the fiery breath of the dragons rumored to nest in the highest towers of the zone.

>Eleven Bridges

"Each bridge is host to rows of boutiques, shops, and specialty stores…"

Visitors who have just arrived at Aradara Station, Ghirapur's central train terminal, might find it interesting to know that they are in the zone known as Eleven Bridges. But before venturing out into the bustling city beyond, we recommend taking a moment to visit the statuary garden located inside the station's arboretum. Here you can find the carved likenesses of some of the world's most famous inventors who have helped to transform Ghirapur into the City of Wonder. We invite you to join us in honoring their achievements. Upon exiting Aradara Station, visitors will make their way into the bustling zone of Eleven Bridges located over the Dukhara Canal. This zone is aptly named for the eleven bridges that crisscross the canal, signifying the eleven original nobles who cooperated to found Ghirapur. The bridges now serve as the city's largest marketplace. Each bridge is host to rows of boutiques, shops, and specialty stores. We invite you to peruse them all. Don't miss the chance to purchase wares from the city's finest inventors, artisans, and crafters!

>Greenwheel

"Visitors will marvel at Greenwheel, a zone of elvish design and home to the city's foremost experts in horticultural research."

The must-see in Greenwheel is the cluster of garden domes. Liberated from the constraints of local weather patterns, these specialized climate-controlled domes allow Consulate researchers to replicate and study biomes from around the world. During your visit, we invite you to take a stroll through these meticulously-crafted gardens and enjoy the company of the amazingly lifelike animal constructs created by the Greenwheel Lifecrafters. We ask that visitors do not disturb the valuable work of these creatures, as their labor helps keep our city thriving. But for those who want an up-close-and-personal experience, don’t miss the Inventors’ Fair hundred-acre “zoo,” located in the magnificent park in the heart of Greenwheel. Interact with animal constructs, and make memories that will last a lifetime!

>The Inventor's Fair

"The Consulate is delighted to invite you to the Inventors' Fair, an exhibition of Kaladesh's latest and greatest innovations!

>The Inventor's Fair: Inventors

If you're an inventor, this is the place for you! Fuel your creativity with unrestricted aether access. Go from unknown to household name overnight. And get your products out in front of the eyes of the hungry public. Whether you're a backyard tinkerer or Consulate designer, you can't afford to miss the boundless opportunities of the Inventors' Fair.

>The Inventors: Benefactors

Lucky inventors can hope to catch the eye of a benefactor looking for the next big investment. We have no doubt that benefactors will be competing with each other every bit as fiercely as the Fair's inventors. For the right invention, offers could reach the aethersphere as benefactors vie for a hand in shaping our future!

>The Inventor's Fair: Judges

The Inventors' Fair judges are of the highest quality, chosen for their experience, acumen, and prestige. And they have all come here hoping to be awed and amazed. It's to the inventors to win over the hearts and minds of these esteemed judges. In exchange, the most talented inventors will receive recognition and honor that will send their careers soaring. Look to meet luminaries from the Inventor Societies, shake hands with renowned, patented innovators, and even rub elbows with the Enlightened Keepers!

>The Inventor's Fair: The Public

The Consulate expects to see people from all across Kaladesh arriving in droves for the chance to partake in what promises to be the most thrilling spectacle of the century. The schedule is packed from dawn to dusk daily, the booths are stocked, and the most brilliant minds of our time are here to astonish and amaze all who come.

>Animal Constructs

Visit the hundred-acre interactive "zoo"-stocked not with natural animals, but with marvelous constructs designed to mimic the wonders of nature! Visitors of every age are invited to come to the magnificent park in the heart of Greenwheel to observe and interact with these constructs!

>Architecture

Many of the city's newest buildings are both serving as functional spaces and have been submitted to the Fair's architecture division. You're sure to be enchanted by the graceful arches, orbiting lighting, and mechanized displays of Artani Hall. And as you're watching a race or viewing a demonstration, take a moment to appreciate the brilliant designs of the tracks, stages, and arenas.

>Weapons

Have no fear, demonstrations of a variety of new weaponry will take place under careful supervision and strict regulation! Judges will assess all kinds of weapons, from massive aether projectors to small, personal construct-mounted devices.

>Aether Science

Here's a first you won't want to miss. The Inventors' Fair will award prizes to innovators competing in the often abstract and theoretical field of aether science! The Enlighted Keepers of the Consulate have put out a call for Kaladesh's greatest minds to present their findings in refinement methods, extraction techniques, and especially the reality-bending concept of alternate means of matter transportation. We expect the results to be ground-breaking!

>Humans

The humans of Kaladesh are passionate dreamers who strive to achieve the impossible through their inventions. While they are the only race on Kaladesh whose physiology is untouched by the presence of aether, their curiosity and ambition drive innovation, and they excel at synthesizing ideas.

bring back the old spelling for Aether ffs Maro you insufferable kike

>Elves

Elves are deeply in tune with the flow of aether and the subtle ways it influences and shapes the natural world. Their inventions are inspired by nature and in turn they inspire others, offering a vision of progress that is elegant, efficient, and harmonious with the Great Conduit's aether patterns.

>Dovin Baan

Dovin has an innate talent, heightened by magic, that allows him to detect all the flaws of any given machine. As a Consulate inspector, he uses his gift to correct faults in new inventions, but there are those who would rather see him use it to exploit weakness.

Dwarves return to Magic after 8 years.

>Freejam

Is this district owned by the bardic guilds?

I gotta admit, these guys look incredibly cool.

>PEEMA

lol u toucha my peepeema

COME ON AND SLAM
AND WELCOME TO FREEJAM

Is there a link to this on the mothership? I could have sworn I saw something that isn't here.

Island?

So,this is a bit like Ravnica without the planet-wide city and minus Niv-Mizzet's insanity and the Selesnya Conclave's eco-terrorism, plus Middle Easern-Indian architecture and aesthetics,and a sort of Venetian-esque feel.
So far,I like it.

Are these vedalken?

Plains?

Island?

Swamp?

Forest?

A new plainswalker has been spoiled.

>plainswalker

*planeswalker

Seems so.

I wonder what is. A lich or spirit maybe?

>A thread filled with actually cool art

What's happening? Where's my >generic badly looking cgi featuring jacetice league.

They have six fingers. Seems vedalken are different on every plane.

looks like a sort of construct to me. Maybe a "lich",by Kaladesh standards; an artificial body to hold the philactery.

Kinda looks like a guy covered in clay that then turned into blue energy.

Also, yeah, Vedalken are different all over. They have four arms on Mirrodin, but only two on Ravnica.

I haven't played magic for decades, but what's the deal with aether? I thought 'mana' was the the MtG name for magical energy?

Mana is the pan-planar name for it.

It behaves differently on every plane, and lots of planes have different names for it. A lot of places don't even realize it's what make spells work.

And this also has hair,whereas on in Mirrodin.Alara and Ravnica they're bald,if I remember correctly. Silly WotC,they don't even know their own canon anymore.

And the other guy; maybe an Elemental,then?

Card leaks fucking when?

Different races have always looked a bit different from plane to plane. Compare Zendikar goblins to Lorwyn goblins. Or Theros merfolk to Zendikar merfolk. That's nothing new. So Kaladesh vedalken having 6 fingers per hand and ears and hair isn't that unusual.

So, Kaladesh is like this then youtube.com/watch?v=lYXvo3w4_YE

Yep,got me there.

HERE, ON KALADESH, AS WE STAND ON THE EVE OF THE AETHER REBELLION, WE, THE GATEWATCH, WHO SEALED THE ELDRITCH MOON, SHALL REAFFIRM THE OATH OF THE GATEWATCH, THAT OATH SWORN BEFORE THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR

So that's where all the Green comes from then

>jacetice league
As a stupid pun as it is, gets me every time.

It reads like a brochure. Why the fuck should I care about this place? Before now, every plane visited either was in open warfare like Kamigawa and Innistrad or at least had a hostile undercurrent to it like Ravnica and their political machinations and Lorwyn with their fascist elves. Kaladesh? I'm not sensing either from it. I want to like it, the promo art is really nice but right now, I'm not seeing the reason why any of the planeswalkers are there. What's the conflict?

UW vs UR

>the only reason we are getting kaladesh is because maro had chicken tikka for the first time 3 years ago and wanted to make a plane out of it

Everything you're seeing is basically propaganda so far as I can tell. It only seems idyllic on the surface, but the order of Kaladesh is maintained by constantly removing any deviant element. Chandra was originally from their, but all pyromancers were executed or imprisoned.

I imagine the conflict is gonna come from the boiling over of such an authoritarian regime.

Might actually make interesting inter-Jacetice League conflict. People like Jace or Lili might see the state as in the right, where as Chandra or Gideon might want to support the people.

Kaladesh doesn't seem very Scottish to me

Looks meh tbqh.

Or pic related and them.
About time btw.

Delhi Belly BBB

Sorcery

Permanents from sets other than Kaladesh get -0/-3 until end of turn and do not untap during their controller's next turn. Tap these permanents.

>Goodness gracious sir, curry is very spicy yes? Toilet is out of the order, so sorry, please to go elsewhere for doing of business.

Is Kaladesh going to be a beach episode?

>Wants to bring back æ
>Can't even type it himself, proving why it's bad

Designated Defecation Street
Land
Whenever a creature you control becomes tapped, put a poo counter on ~, then each player loses 1 life for each poo counter on ~.

At least frst half.

There needs to be an island with deathtouch.

Designate
Sorcery
Target land becomes a swamp (this effect last indefecately)

It's a description of various place, every plane had that: "the mountains of whatever, the city of something, the forest of elves variant, the sea of will-this-be-merfolk-or-veldaken-this-time..."
Faction come elsewhere.

Though maybe the first set will be a "everything is fine here, nothing to worry about" set to prepare a second set of "everything is wrong or on fire", who know.

I bet the second will be some silly whodunnit just to keep the whole setting lighthearted.

So far we've seen,what? blue and green cards? Let's wait for the red and black. There must be some fuckery in this plane. I bet they've some Goblins in there.

Thopters are confirmed.
Dwarfs are confirmed.
Vedalken are confirmed.
As long as there'll be an Red Blue legendary Artificer.
This block cannot fail.

The female planeswalker is confirmed UR and has this going for her

Zero goblins I think.
This plane is Autism.
Literally.
That's why there won't be contraptions.

Spoiler season hasn't even start and I'm already tired of your shit, could you at least meme with new jokes? With the whole wide world of shit related humour at your disposal, you go for designated over and over again? What a load of crap!

If that doesn't see a secret reprint.
Development are a bunch of fags.

>LMAO3WURMCOIL

Lili would be more likely to ally with Chandra.
Gideon will go there with Nissa, Gideon wants to stop Chandra from blowing things up and Nissa doing yuri things.
Chandra manages to convince Gideon.

Yeah, funnily enough it's actually fitting lorewise, with all their tech. Though we must admit that rulewise it's pretty shit.

>Dwarves return to Magic after 8 years
Judgment was released in 2002. That's way more than 8 years.

First orcs, now dwarves?

What's next? Cephalids?

>literally Jacetice league - Civil War

>Lili would be more likely to ally with Chandra.

It's more poetic if lovers (sisters?) have to fight against each other because of their conflicting ideals.

ONE-LEGGED DWARVES CONFIRMED

Yeah it looks like his right leg.

Eventide was 2008.

Gee, that sure is a nice functional society you got there, would be a shame if someone liberated the proletariat.

>Jacetice League - Civil War
Just kill me now.

Hey, maybe they're just gonna kill the Gatewatch here and now because they realized how much people dismissed/disliked it.

I didn't even remember those shitty dwarves. Probably because they all looked like goblins.

Also because there were, what? Four of them in the whole block and they were all common?

They're a teeny tiny footnote in the flavor sections too.

Lorwyn is my second favorite plane and even I didn't remember those things being dwarf, that's just downright insulting to dwarf fans.

Am I finally gonna get my Izzet artifact commander?

we protos

There were dwarfs in Eventide?

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype= ["Dwarf"]&block= ["Shadowmoor Block"]

Would be hilarious if the steampunk elements were 1 for 1 replacements for stuff in ravnica, so there's a clan of trains who eat steam people and people occasionally catch pyromancy and turn into flamepeople when the moon is full or they lose their tempers, and the main "heroes" of the setting are a hierarchal "church" based government that violently purges any such "deviant" elements while worshipping an angel of technology who got trapped in a prison while fighting demons.

wasn't even joking, they are literally four Duergar, who have the dwarf subtype.
That's it.

>Wurmcoil reprint
I need this
Or at least a new big artifact creature for my Tron deck

Holy shit I guess they had just vanished from my memory because the R/W hobgoblins were more memorable.

The other thread got taken down before I could read it.

What happened with the big time magic name being blacklisted by a tyranny? I wanted to get the scoop but the thread got taken down.

>What happened with the big time magic name being blacklisted by a tyranny?
What are you even saying?