Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Corpse Bow Ties Edition
Traitor shindig at 9 Sub-Edition
There is no formal dress code but SoHs really do have to wear a topknot. Horus's a stickler for that, but he's not one to argue about one's paint skills like one Word Bear user. Freaking Word Bears, man. See it all in the last thread Red Book Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That summary is awful

I look forward to Inferno coming out and actually having something to discuss beyond bad memes, endless list-debates and arguments over Dorn and Peturabo.

These threads have got dull and repetitive recently.

Reminder to all players to paint everything on their models.

Great contribution to things then.

It's funny, Games Workshop has been handed hype and popularity for the Horus Heresy on a silver fucking platter the past year and a half, and yet they will take the better part of 2+ years to release a book everybody and their mother has been waiting to see. Making sure to take quick breaks so as to capitalize on the popularity of Knights and getting Rowboat his model.

Oh, and you better believe those Iron Warriors aren't getting Tyrants or Havocs any time soon.

I posted this in the last thread but didn't really get a response. Storm Eagle + 19 Marauders + 1 Apothecary + wargear about 600 pts. This twice with a tooled up REAVER Lord and maybe a unit of CC termins. what else do i need? going for shock and awe with full fleet fear, rage-chan army.

I know. I couldn't think of anything so please forgive me. But what
said. Same same old.
So, this psychic assassin the Sons are getting has got me curious. Will it be a mix between a Moriat and a Librarian? Just how many Destroyers and Moritats would the Sons have anyway? Since the Sons valued their marines more would they have a small amount of Moritats counted among their ranks?

This is bait. No one can be involved in 30k for this long and still be so ignorant of how the FW books get made.

Psychic assassin? Source?

I've contributed more than you ever will. These threads are just boring these days, and I rarely if ever come in. A shame.

Oh dude don't even try to tell me they take their sweet ass time with these books, because anybody with any experience in editing or publishing can spot evidence that they are rushed as fuck.

Ignore, if you reply he'll stay around
I'm thinking a special school/power where they can teleport and assault and can use divination/biomancy, to try and challenge out someone important and Iron Arm them in the butthole

FW Weekender, someone asked about the TS and SW Unique units. TSons get Psychic Assassins (Think Psyker Headhunders) and SWs get Marine-Killer Destroyers.

They've been working on this book for at least 4 years, you'd think they'd be able to release it without delaying it any further

From the rumor I've heard. The Wolves are getting a Destroyer-like Consul apparently.
>I'm thinking a special school/power where they can teleport and assault and can use divination/biomancy, to try and challenge out someone important and Iron Arm them in the butthole
That might work perfectly fine.

With Alpharius dead FW is no longer going to make an official model I bet xD

Are you sure he was being negative towards you? I thought he complimented you.

Inferno will spout millions of bad memes

Maybe a ML2 Brotherhood of psykers unit that are 2w ws5 2+ and 3-5 models for ~65 points each with either biomancy or divination? We've all seen how mediocre non-inferno moritats are, i'd rather not get another 140-point suicide consul.

Didn't stop Ferrus Manus.

Is it going to be the climax to the FUCKING FURRIES/MAGNUS DID NOTHING WRONG shitposting?

It's not called Inferno for nothing, user.

So my white dwarf just arrived.
Do we have scans for the pages yet or should I do them later

Is there anything HH related in it?

Otherwise you might want another thread/general.

>Gorechosen
It keeps happening.

I think we definitely want to see Ahriman assembled.

Inb4 the Ahriman mini comes with the white dwarf that's released the same month as inferno
CALLING IT FUCKING NOW

I'm still waiting for them to say it was a joke and release a TS Brotherhood of psykers and some chainaxe wolf dudes

Thankfully we won't see any Gorechosen nonsense in the HH. Though I think there was a mention about "kill-gangs" on Cthonia, and that they wore coats made out of organs.

Cthonia or Nostramo?

Cthonia. It was in The Wolf of Ash and Fire now that I partially remember it.

There were plenty of brutal societies all over the galaxy. Doesn't mean they worshiped Khorne or had anything to do with chaos.

>Horus had explored the very depths of his adoptive home world, beyond the deepest ore-delvings, where the insane and the crippled waited to die. He’d even ventured beneath the dripping cadaver pits, avoiding the screeching murder-haruspex with their disembowelling knives and organ cloaks.

Unless you're scan user then you've contributed fuck all

That's good. Keyboard instruments make for terrible clothing.

I meant the name is kind of stupid. "Kill-gangs". Maybe it's just me.
That's' the line right there.
>Organ cloaks
Cthonian fashion, folks.
>avoiding
I never got that part. Horus could have taken them on so why did he avoid them? To many of them, or did he wanted to leave the psychos to their own devices?

unless you're a noise marine, in which case you are your own instrument

It's doubtful they used destroyers at all, given that they were obsessed with every kind of knowledge. If worse came to worst, they employed sorcery for surgical removal of targets.
Also am I the only one who thinks them being Fellow Warriors with the AL? It's mentioned in book 3 that they actively avoided them, maybe even each other.

Maybe they were so skilled they'd at least manage to cripple him before they died.

You know in video games where you get strong enough to just run past enemies instead of fighting them because it would take too long and gives no reward.

How do you know that I'm not?

Conversely, how do you know that I am? I can be anyone. I could be Curzefag for all that you know.

>It's doubtful they used destroyers at all, given that they were obsessed with every kind of knowledge. If worse came to worst, they employed sorcery for surgical removal of targets.
Well, what if there's no knowledge to be learned and Magnus's is in a bad mood?
>Maybe they were so skilled they'd at least manage to cripple him before they died.
I can go with these. But I'd assume Horus could at least find a boss and assert dominance over the mooks.

>Boss
>kill gangs with organ cloaks
Pick One

It'll be
>phosphex destroyers
>wearing fur on their armour
Calling it now

Or Wolfpack Destroyers who have some sort of rule for running down and destroying enemies.

Someone has to be calling the shots rights? Look for the guy with the cloak made out of hearts or something.

Wolfpack Dessies
S4AP3 Pistols
Use Pistol profile in CC
Reroll Sweeping Advances

>Cost less than standard legion dessies

>we have no leader, we're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA

>still sucks since they'll have no option for jetpacks on them

Yeah, he'll institute Destroyer squads because their gene-seed isn't already fucked up quite enough.
For Horus, I second

>archaotech device
Drop pod that can drop down, deploy squad, squad boards, re enter reserves, drop down again
Rinse repeat

Wolves don't fly. They stalk and pounce.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Dreadclaw?

So looking through Praetorian's of Dorn, I have a quick question. If Alpharius didn't actually try to go mono e mono with Dorn, would he have actually been able to kill Dorn? Also, concerning his last hit on Dorn, was that because of arrogance, to show that he could kill Dorn, or was it actually deflected from where it should have hit?

I don't know much about HH Space Wolves but aren't they more nordic then the 40k Wulf McWulf marines? More in common with Beowulf then a Werewulf in Paris?

Flyer vs deepstrike
Oh and any wounds Lost are given back but if a model was removed it's not put back

They'll wear one pelt not 5, with wolf tail talismans, and a set of wolf teeth with wolf runes on their wolf claws
They embraced the noble savage trope, so yeah they'll be more Viking than wolf but they're still snow niggers

Behold.

More beholding.

Final beholding I can post on this phone. There is some art from Collected Visions that have Wolves with acceptable Wolf levels.

>more Nordic knot work that wolf shit
i can live with this

Glad to be of help, user.

Tacticals are 125 for 10
assault marines are10 for 175
Breachers are 10 for 200 right?

Yup

Is that the Cyclonic melta lance? For a second it thought it was the megadakka...

Personally I'm going to simply tell all the 40k players I end up gaming with that they cost as much as assault marines.

The Wolves being who they are probably wouldn't want the megadakka and that is a SW Leviathan. He's most likely going to rip and tear more than shoot.

Personally I'm curious as to what rules FW is going to give Magnus. In the fluff he wrecks titans with his awesome mind-powers on a regular basis, but I somehow doubt his in-game version is going to be able to pull that off

I think they're going to be on the conservative end, but he'll probably be at least as good as Lorgar pre-nerf.

I can see them making him weak in WS and maybe armour or something - he's not exactly known for coming and out-fighting his brothers with martial skill, just psychic might. Also he's likely to be up there in costs

Give him shit shats, but his own psychic discipline and access to all 40k powers, even tyranid ones

>shit shats
okay....

He's the biggest primarch though, right? High S/T, low WS/BS?

But not the toughest, he's that tall lanky fuck you knew in highschool

Ursus Claw Dreadnoughts when? Would work great the same as Blood Slaughterer harpoons

That would be hella fucking metal. Dreadnaughts pulling vehicles into assault range for the whole world eaters army. Fielding a Titan just to riot tear other Titans/ super heavy vehicles.

Fuck yeah.

So, it seems Forge World has studio-painted Red Butchers that don't look like complete dogshit, and for some reason they're only shown in the physical catalogue.

What gives?

Not freeblade user from before but I randomised my colour scheme I got knight anons style

His own lore gives him blessing, in one edition it was he was small but a biomancer so could make himself a giant

Huh, that's oddly close to my Knight's original scheme. I'll post my Knight once I get off from work.

Why is Freeblade so fun?

Also Meltagun>Stubber.

Horus was a little boy on his home world, he met the emperor when he looked like he was the recruitment age for space marines. Probably less than 5 years old.

Wow that's actually quite a lot better

What's that miniature of?

Could you at least post pics of any heresy stuff?

Maybe, at the cost perhaps of shit defensive stats and no movement for a turn after firing

WHAT FUCKING GAME IS THAT I MUST KNOW

Does having dreadnought in a White Scars army work?
In the lore they burn the bodies of the deceased, and don't put people in dreadnoughts

Freeblade.

They do have Dreads, just not as much as any others would have.

Probably Freeblade, a mobile game.
Available for both Android and iPhone.

WS6 BS7 S6 T6 W5/6 I5 A3/4 Ld10 Sv3+/4++
Psyker:ML5 May pick any psychic power from any discipline (maybe no invisibility)
Master psyker: army may re-roll the initial D6 to generate warp charges
Sire of the TSs: psykers may re-roll failed psychic tests

Something like this I'd imagine

I think you could only justify it by calling him a Terran who was interred in a dreadnought before the Khan was discovered. But even on Terra, the early WS might have been similar to post-Khan WS. Hard to say. You can still do it, it just takes a thicker dose of “your dudes” than usual.

In the Beast series, the marines were surprised when they saw the Sisters of Silence using some kind of GC era vehicle that was described as flying rhinos.

Any idea what it was? It wan't named in the book.

Dreads in a White Scar army ?! -!BLAM!-

Probably some kind of flying rhino

same thing happened to the AoS General
descended into utter madness until the generals handbook injected some life into it now its running smoothly together

Fuck that's a lot of ore. Do I just suck at Freeblade?

Why does a space marine need binoculars?

Can't he zoom in with his power armor?

Cant he get the feed from satellite or vehicle cameras in his own helmet?

Where did these go after the HH?

Let's make up some provenances for Militias and Cults. I'll Start:

Drop Troops: 50pts

-No levy squads or tanks
-All infantry must be mounted in Arvus Lighters or deep strike
-Normal Infantry may buy grav chutes for 15 pts a squad, Grenadiers may buy jet packs for 25 pts

The emperor parked them all somewhere but got throne'd before anyone had a chance to ask where he put the keys.

>Fuck that's a lot of ore.
nah

>Do I just suck at Freeblade?
yah

Sex Cult: Any model armed with a CCW modelled as a dildo gains +1 to hit and +1 to wound.

Special weapon: Power vibrator S:D AP:- Type: Melee, Lance, Gets Hot, Two Handed, Unwieldy

Special equipment: BDSM gear, provides a 6+ save, Slow and Purposeful and Fear

How else is he suppose to zoom in while he zooms in ?

Don't the Blood Angels have this on their Death company dreads in 40k? Seeing the 30k version would be neat.

They have alternate force listings and missions for Betrayal at Calth, with a few fluff blurbs for the variant units like the Ultramarine Contemptor and Word Bearer terminators if I'm not mistaken.

Do we have an approximate on when the inferno set will be released? I can't wait to see what the next board game will be like. I mean the minis will sell like hot cakes and all but the way Betrayal at Calth was done the boardgame was actually a lot of fun.