All bombs are sapient

>All bombs are sapient
>They're all convinced that if they explode just right everyone will be proud of them and they'll get to go on a big vacation
>Defusing them involves actually explaining to them the reality of the situation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qjGRySVyTDk
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/filename/rogue munitions.pdf/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/qst/deleted/deleted/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fail to see how this is Veeky Forums related.
>inb4 everything is Veeky Forums related
No. Stop.

"Tell me something. A vacation implies you come back to work after the vacation ends, yes?"

"Tell me, how many bombs do you know have come back from their vacation?"

>blows cheap cigar smoke at bomb

>bomb, if you explode now, I won't be mad.
>but I will be very, very disappointed.

>something a smart mine would say

>the bomb's last words are "Let there be light!"

>I fail to see how this is Veeky Forums related.
>>inb4 everything is Veeky Forums related
>No. Stop.

You are a failure of a human being.

Because I don't condone shitposting on a board I like?

Yeah, okay.

I would totally read a gripping kafka-esque story about bombs who don't understand their social position, and a defuser who has to explain the nature of reality to them.

Well done OP, that's compelling as fuck and now I want to write about it. For a short story, would it be better from the perspective of the bomb, from the perspective of the diffuser, or from a 3rd person omniscient narrator?

>Bomb is indoctrinated that it'll get 72 detonators in explodehalla if it explodes just right
>Defusers' job just got harder

No, because you're a fun police sperg who's going to derail this interesting thread with incessant shitposting about the nature of shitposting the second someone doesn't notice you, because you base your self worth on asserting the control you lack in your real life vicariously over the internet.

>But m-muh FUN
Shut up. It's threads like this that get actual content shoved off the board, because you faggots are more interested in circlejerking than actually getting shit done.

And fuck you and your public school psychology bullshit. You don't know me, don't act like you do.

Third person character.

He is the bomb planter, in his journal/voice recorder, speaking of his new experiments for the period-of-time and how the fucking EOD is uncanny with the philosophy. He gets further and further into indoctrinating them until he starts experimenting with invented religions, then dead religions, then his own religion, until he is so uncomfortable he retires.

How much shit have you done for Veeky Forums?

You do realize that you're proving my point, right? Go on, keep venting your pent up frustrations irrelevantly on the internet, it seems like the only source of validation in your life.

Done and done. I'll write it as a series of short excerpts and I'll put it in the storythread under some silly alias if this one gets purged. Anything else you want thrown in there while I'm at it?

>You don't know me, don't act like you do

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

This is pretty simple. I introduce a religion that shuns explosion as the instant ticket to suffer in the afterlife even if some bombs believe they won't die from exploding. I also incorporate a philosophy into the religion that praises doing nothing.

Problem solved.

Do the bombs sound like tachikomas?

That's exactly what I wanted the bombs to sound like. You read my fucking mind you glorious user.

Deprogramming bombs from indoctrination?
That would be hard for the bomb I guess, their objective in life it's to explode. That's what they were made for. I guess they would end depressed as shit. The other way would be to make them work for you, offer them a better objective or something. But would they care if they blow a burger school or a towelhead school?

Got a big chuckle out of me. I'm not sure how I can utilize this, but I hope to find a way.

>I fail to see how this is Veeky Forums related
Not OP, but I can post a copy of Rogue Munitions, the Veeky Forums homebrew about sentient bombs.

Or we can talk about Dark Star.

It's only logical.

Alternatively, the broken turrets in Portal 2.

Could be worse.

In Transformers comics you had the cons making bombs by wiring people's vitals up to the explosive components.

They needed negotiators to keep them calm so they didn't explode while they were killing them.

Just don't teach them phenomenology.

youtube.com/watch?v=qjGRySVyTDk

Well that's fucked

Stealing this to use with my BBEG.

>...and they call him the Bomb Whisperer

Anyone who has ever played an Eversor Assassin has essentially played a sapient bomb. With those exceptions, would it be possible to make a decent Awakened Bomb player character?

Well Because we're placing our minds into another reality as characters and thinking about how that would work and what they might say.

Its literally a roleplaying exercise.

You seem to have chosen the role of a massive faggot.
Congrats on not breaking character.

Who has played an Eversor Assassin?
Anyway, the bio-melting shit is a last resource option. They don't waste years and millions of thrones in bio engineering and training for a glorified Allah Ackbaer.

There's being horrifying, and there's being a dick.

>tfw there's someone else in the thread who saw Dark Star.

The cons are equal opportunity dicks though. Turning their own traitors and deserters into bombs as well.

It's no wonder that even with the war over, not all the bots are taking Megs' change of heart seriously.

Does every bomb have to be literal suicide bomb?

>Turning their own traitors and deserters into bombs as well.
>Decepticon prisoners

That's just worse. Killing prisoners of war is a war crime.

It is also rarely a law that is ever adhered to.

Oh god, you don't want to get into war crimes in the Transformer's wars.

The very act of Robots in Disguise is perfidy. (And even worse with bots like Ratchet using ambulances as alternate modes. No wonder the Red Cross won't let them use their insignia)

And of course then there's Cold Phosphex, more commonly known as Glass Gas. That's stuff's a clear chemical weapon, utterly horrific, and used by the Autobots.

>thread offers twist on common trap in Veeky Forums related games
>encourages discussion and potential player approaches to new problem

looks like a pretty good thread to me.

Well, it is a masterpiece.

some of those bomb cons were "witness me!" style volunteers one took down an Ultra Magnus

faggot

You been reading Gold Digger haven't you?

See Megatron, its shit like this that makes people prefer the Senate

>Getaway was Right.
(Really, they all were, that was part of the fun)

But yeah, thinking explosives are an awesomely horrifying idea. Regardless of if they want to blow up or not.

I'm impressed the comic managed to make me Hate Getaway more then Megatron

You could convince them that they should save their explosion for somthing useful and productive for society.
You don't have to stop them exploding, just stop them from exploding where people get hurt.
Maybe they get re-purposed for civilian industries.

>teach it phenomenology

Even he recognised the risk.

Megatron's been responsible for so many awful things... but those are too big to grasp.

Getaway using Tailgate as a pawn/victim in a plot to dispose of Megatron? That's easy to hate.

What if the bombs were like meseeks then?

>>bomb, if you explode now, I won't be mad.
(explodes)

You are the type of person they invited here after mod nuking this place twice and letting questcancer linger, and I hate you.

>Rogue Munitions, the Veeky Forums homebrew about sentient bombs

is this actually a thing? I would love to see that

Absolutely! I lost my pdf so fingers crossed user posts it.

It's a game set in the near future about a cabal of wizards making all the nuclear missiles sentient because they're a bunch of grumpy incompetent wizards mad that technology made everyone forget about them and nobody thinks magic is real. In the game, the PCs are the sentient nukes, who must come to terms with their purpose and creation and overcome the existential crisis of being before they blow up or power down.

Someone post it. That sounds amazing.

>questcancer
Oh boy it's a defender of True Veeky Forums, look out lads.

Isn't that straight from Starship Titanic?

>publix
Do you think he had a sub in that bag?

I have a bit of exposition done for my story if anyone would like to read it. If not, I'll just wait until I'm done the second journal entry about the nature of the bomb's personalities before I post it anywhere.

>Rogue Munitions, the Veeky Forums homebrew about sentient bombs
>is this actually a thing? I would love to see that

Get good at Internet, scrubs.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/filename/rogue munitions.pdf/

You watched Dark Star, didn't you?

Quite frankly these asshats have been breeding all over the place.

I don't know

Some bombs can't be reasoned with

Nah, in Dark Star the bomb knew exactly what was going on.

It just didn't have any desire to survive.

Even when they talked it down, they did so by convincing it that Bomb 20 couldn't be sure it had been given its orders, and it wouldn't want to explode when it wasn't meant to, would it?

Back to your containment board you retard.

>Grognard angry!
>Grognard lash out!
>Grognard use words!

/pol/acks should stay in /pol/
bronies should stay in /mlp/
questfags should stay in /qst/

Not him, but I rarely come to Veeky Forums, and I too don't understand why there are still quest threads here, when they have a lovely board all to themselves to enjoy them.

Oh shit bro I guess you better go tell them that they're raping your darling.
I'm sure your posts won't be deleted or anything.

>a lovely board
/qst/ is a ghetto for a population problem that didn't exist.

>/qst/ is a ghetto
a board fitting its intended population

I always found it a problem when browsing Veeky Forums for rpg-related things, that the frontpage was mostly quest threads. Veeky Forums is a a board with a very broad spectrum of interests, and that seemed like an easy way to narrow it down.

May I ask why you seem to be getting upset about this?

>frontpage
Whow a time traveler never seen those before, how's life in 2010?
Not much to be upset about the really, the moron who made /qst/ has all but capitulated by not removing them from here and only keeps it active by virtue of not wanting to admit it.

Most of what's on /qst/ are risk games, non-starters or threads that died days ago.

>non-starters or threads that died days ago.
in other words: the perfect quest thread

>Whow a time traveler never seen those before, how's life in 2010?

I can't say I understand your reference, even though I've been coming to Veeky Forums since long before then.

Now now, there's nothing wrong with quest threads, as long as the people who visit them enjoy them. I'm merely curious why they seem to be emotionally attached to keeping them on Veeky Forums, instead of the board allocated for them.

Hit up Image search on this. I shouldn't have.

What horrors did you see?

It became a sore point because the mods/mod that made the board demonstrated absolutely no knowledge of how quests worked and essentially ignored a whole thread of people saying "No this is a bad idea don't do it." After asking for opinions. Then did it anyway.

What did they do improperly?

>I'm merely curious why they seem to be emotionally attached to keeping them on Veeky Forums, instead of the board allocated for them.
It turned out that the only people who wanted /qst/ were people who don't like quest threads.

>the only people who wanted [Containment Board for X] were people who don't like [X]
See /pol/, /mlp/, /s4s/, /trash/, etc

Ever wonder what it'd be like if only OP could post pictures and there was a 72 second wait between posts?

>pleb tier bomb suit
> No crew
> No robot
Bro do you even eod?

>what it'd be like if only OP could post pictures
They didn't go through with that one though.
But even just the fact that it was a serious consideration is alarming, yes.
The whole idea of giving OP extra features that other posters won't have was bullshit.
Also the build-in shitscibbles sort of cemented the board as a troll playground from the get-go.

The front page is full became a meme of sorts about quests despite objectively superior catalogue browsing being available.

Because the people who forced /qst/. to be made immediately came into /qst/ and bragging how they got a new containment board to kill quests with, isn't everyone happy about it?

They bragged and crowed and lied about the facts (how many quests were on Veeky Forums at a time[no more than 12% of the board], how the entire first page was all quests all the time [never], how quests were ruining Veeky Forums [they weren't]) about it SO MUCH that they pissed off the mods, who immediately started ignoring their asses and deleting their posts for complaining about /qst/ on Veeky Forums.

/qst./ is really a near dead board at the height of it's use, and when it isn't in heavy use, it IS a dead board.

That argument doesn't really work when only 4-5 people wanted the new board.

>that they pissed off the mods, who immediately started ignoring their asses and deleting their posts for complaining about /qst/ on Veeky Forums

My favorite new entertainment is checking the archive once a day to see all the deleted shitposts.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/qst/deleted/deleted/

Weird jump between the 23rd and 27th.

I don't like browsing the catalog, because you can only see one image and one paragraph of painfully-formatted text. You can't tell anything useful about it or the replies. which are very important things on Veeky Forums, when you're idly looking for interesting threads not related to any one thing.

>how the entire first page was all quests all the time

I can personally verify that before /qst/ was made, the front page was mostly quest threads far more often than not. And I agree that there weren't that many overall, but they were the ones getting constant replies and and consistently on the front page.

>Weird jump between the 23rd and 27th.
Three-day ban, probably.

>I can personally verify
Well dang, can't argue with this.

Welcome to current the middle east, and simultaneously the future of conjuction of AI and smartbombs.

You're also not the first to have this as a sci-fi idea, see pic related, though it's by no means the main focus of the work.

Or you could go the opposite way.

No its not it's quests that still won't leave even though they got their own containment board, because the mods won't enforce like they're supposed to.

Well you can't argue that it isn't my personal verification.

And, given that it's in reply to someone else's personal verification, the point is effectively nullified, until new information is presented.

It's very depressing for one thing.

More than half the threads on tg were quests. You don't have to be numerous if your loud enough, nor if you're taking up way more than your share of resources.

Because quests weren't forced to move.
It's a dead board because movement there was treated as optional, and nobody ever chooses to move from somewhere they're comfortable of their own accord

Trust me, a lot more people hate you taking up their entire board than 4 or 5.