Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>
>
>
>

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (0% Positive)
* You have 0 new private message
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running .BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Luddite Edition

How much tech do you use? Are you living and breathing the matrix? Or are you only using 2009 and earlier tech when possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RP83kn5aYxo
shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Tír_Tairngire#Quellenindex
shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Tir_Na_nOg#Quellenindex
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What kind of ramifications would the discovery of a completely intact, possibly even still inhabited, Kaer have on the Sixth World?

>
>
>
>

I guess our files got corrupted.

refer to >Luddite
they can't/won't open them

>Or are you only using 2009 and earlier tech when possible?
I only use 2050s tech

I would not allow the Motion Sense power to enable completely blind fighting.

As I read the rules (SG 172), Motion sense allows you to make a test to detect the presence of a moving object/creature in a certain radius.

>"Alerts the adept to movement"

How the power is described, I would say that the sense is in no way accurate enough to enable unhindered fighting just based on it.
I mean, you can't even discern the exact nature of the moving object with the power. Just that it is moving and maybe roughly how large it is.

Accepting Motion Sense as a full substitute for blind fighting, while having the same PP cost (0.5), would also be dubious from a balancing standpoint.

What's the status of South Africa in Shadowrun? I'm about to join my first ever Shadowrun game and I was debating playing a South African mercenary type straight who decided to illegally immigrate to America.

>Accepting Motion Sense as a full substitute for blind fighting, while having the same PP cost (0.5), would also be dubious from a balancing standpoint.
When it comes to weird power balancing, compare Three Dimensional Memory to Eidetic Sense Memory. Now THAT'S bonkers.

Our groups Mage is a magically enforced Luddite: a spirit gave him a boon that made him Magic 7, but in exchange he can't use technology.

>Go to OP Post
>Go to pastebin link
>Go to mediafire link
>Open 4e folder
>Download Sixth World Almanac
>Read

Unified into a single confederate nation in 2040, highly xenophobic against non-Africans. Most of the detail's in Sixth World Almanac, with a couple of throwaway references in CyberPirates and such.

So chummers, what have you done to help troubled kids in your community recently?

>high-schooler goes missing
>his parents are just wage slaves so the cops don't look into it that hard
>parents hire us to find the kid
>oh boy, a feel-good run
>after checking all our contacts for possible leads, the first order of business is to question the kid's buddies to see what was going on the day he disappeared
>our 3 faces (it was a big crew) roll into the kid's high school and into the principal's office claiming to be parents of some kid in the school and their lawyer
>not wanting to face a legal battle, the principal complies with their reasonable request to question the kid's 3 best friends one at a time
>one of them is a little shit with an attitude problem
>'lawyer' asks the principal if he can leave the room for this kid's questioning
>principal is clearly sick of this kid's shit and says "do whatever" as he walks out of the room
>'lawyer' whips out his sawn off shotgun and the little shit's eyes widen in terror because this is the first real gun he's ever seen
>one of the 'parents', a black Quebecois dwarf woman, suddenly puts on a Yakuza thug accent and starts asking questions and demanding answers from him
>little shit suddenly loses his attitude problem
>black Quebecois dwarf woman informs him on his way out that if he doesn't mind his manners from now on, there would be consequences
>the principal, oblivious to their methods, was impressed by how our faces had brought the little shit to heel
>I don't think that attitude problem ever resurfaced

What are some good qualities for a mundane Unarmed combatant? I've got Tae Kwon Do so I can kick for days with my robot legs, Perfect Time, and Acrobatic Defender.

Daredevil, so you can perform some crazy acrobatics in conjunction with Edge and be rewarded by it.

I've already got 5 edge (I dislike playing humans, but damn does it feel good sometimes), so I'm not going to be hurting for that.

I'm wondering if it's worth investing the karma in another martial art with Pouncing Dragon; 7 karma for a +2DV on a lot of attacks (if the gecko gloves and R6 hydraulic jacks have anything to say about it) seems like a solid trade.

>that webm

How would you build a character like that anyway? Whenever I see advice on how to build a cybered up character, everyone seems to suggest to go down the brick shithouse route (despite Armour 3 not being available at chargen) but there's not a lot of advice for cybered up combat monsters other than "don't take Redliner".

>that beautiful hardwood floor getting fucked up

Man, Sofia Boutella is hot.

Skimmers, lots of Unarmed dice and a high Agility, and Foot Blades.

That's my inspiration for the current character

Partial cyberlegs with cyberspurs and agility enhancements, a martial art with lots of kicking and disarming techniques, and she's got to have something boosting initiative to pull off all that.

>eating McDonalds off of fine silver

The floor is the least of the crimes against good taste.

>McDonalds
Jesus fuck, at least go for something with some pretense of class like KFC.

Making classy characters is so much fun isn't it? I'm playing a classy gentleman troll in our groups game at the moment, he's spent more on his suit than some people in the party have spent on living expenses. Also, who said a troll can't be a face? He's more of a face than our party's elf, despite having a lower Charisma.

Samuel L. Jackson is a cruel man
youtube.com/watch?v=RP83kn5aYxo

Honestly though, if you're going to be that kind of savage you should go full savage and just have a McGangbang. It's way better than a Big Mac anyway.

>McGangbang
Do I even want to know?

Buy a McDouble, then by a spicy Junior Chicken, then split the McDouble between the two patties, then put the entire Junior Chicken in between, then you eat.

It's not really as bad as the name makes it out to be.

>What kind of ramifications would the discovery of a completely intact, possibly even still inhabited, Kaer have on the Sixth World?
It would be like a lightning rod for the magical side of the world. EVERYONE would want to get in there. Immortal elves and dragons might want to destroy certain things or silence certain groups of people. Nations and corporations would want to plumb it for every advancement and useful piece of research they could dig their claws into. Ork/Troll nationalists would arrive in massive force to scrounge up information for more legitimacy. Archaeologists and mages would be like children in a candy shop.

It would be complete fucking chaos.

But why would their still be an intact kaer? The kaers were used to let the people of the Fourth World survive the horrors, which happened at the peak/middle of the Fourth World's timeline, not the end of it.

Thera rising back out of the Mediterranean as a massive Alchera - now THAT would be an interesting new development.

It bothers me that that would be high-class food in shadowrun, since it's actual meat. Well, allegedly actual meat anyway.

Who's up for a double soy burger and spicy krill sandwich slapped together?

It's pretty fucking basic advice. Customize your limbs up to your metatype maximum at chargen, load them up with as much Strength/Agility/Armor enhancement as you can get your hands on, and then fill in your remaining Capacity with anything that sounds fun/useful.

Also, whether or not you want to take Redliner is less a 'definitely yes' or 'definitely no' kind of thing, and more a situational/contextual thing.

Ye olde safety bumpe

Are there any canon themed mercenary companies?

It seems like a lot of style has leaked out of the universe. I hope there's an official Danish corp that has longswords and assault rifles, or some security force that organizes their structure around a deck of cards. Something where you can tell there's still a meglomaniac out there making decisions and using people as puppets to live out his fantasy of commanding a pirate ship.

>canon themed mercenary companies
>canon themed
pirates?

For me personally, I find all the character customization options fun. I want to try out different parts of the system but shadowrun is more of a long term game, so you mostly end up playing one character - and whatever role they're good at - until you either die or retire the character.

I am honestly amazed that there's not some Global Sandstorm executive plying the waters off the horn of Africa, messing with shipping for the hell of it from his private-yacht-cum-brigantine.

Hell, it seems like something Johnny Spinrad would do. I can see him drifting around the Mediterranean, spotting a cruise ship, and deciding on a lark that he's going to board it, sex up the women, steal the captain's hat, then go back to his own vessel and sail off into the sunset. and everyone on board would love it, especially the women

BUILD A SAFEHOUSE

what qualities do you look for in a safe-house?

what things do you do to change one?

does your group also have a Lair? (a lair being a more permanent location)

Keep it secret, keep it safe.

keep it underneath a dummy safehouse rigged with explosives that arm as soon as you get into the bunker basement

/srg/ I need advice. I'm running a 4th edition game set in Hong Kong. My players are preparing for a run and while doing legwork discovered the group that is behind the place they are hitting is associated with one of the players. So now the team isn't sending him on the job out of fear he might sabotage the run and the player in question doesn't want on the job out of fear of retaliation from his associates. That's all fine and dandy but now I don't want him to sit on the wayside for an entire session. What should I do with him?

Obscure location. Specifically someplace with not too much traffic or people nearby. A bug-out-bag in case you have to abandon that place as well, enough food and supplies for a while, first-aid kit and a few guns. If possible there should be room for more than one person to stay there for a while.

If my character goes to a safe-house he may be injured or he might be bringing in a teammate who is injured. I'm sure that the more cynical runners here will point out that it's every man for himself and helping others is a big risk but not everyone in the shadows is a cynical bastard. (And even if you are you might have a reason to keep someone alive and rather than bringing them to your real home taking them to the safe-house is a way to ensure that your proper home won't be in danger even if something goes wrong.)

What role does the character play? Does the targetted group know he is also associated with the team? Could they find out in the course of asking around about the assailants later? How are they dealing with the trust issue that has clearly been brought up? If the runner is a known associate, why did Johnson give that team the job?

That last one is probably the one that could fuel the session for one player, particularly deckers or faces. Why did Johnson set up a run with a compromised team? Or was it the fixer who tried to screw the run?

Could he just not come to the session?

If you're worried about him falling behind in Karma, you could run a small job on the side for him alone another day.

I work out of Chicago, so I need a place that's secluded, but close enough to the CZ that it doesn't take me too long to get to my contacts who work out of there.

It also needs to be near a good school, because I don't want my kid growing up to be a shadowrunner too.

Good luck finding that combination.

That's not a safehouse, that's a house house.

1.Character is a street doc/drug cooker/cowboy. I know, it's a weird mix.

2.The targeted group doesn't know he's involved yet, but if he went on the run it wouldn't be difficult.

3. The trust issue is a little difficult due to the fact that he started this campaign as a captive of the team during another run. He has expressed to be a possible desire to use this runs possible blackmail should the team start working against his intrests.

3. The fixer didn't know about his involvement and it didn't even become apparent to the other players until they learned who was funding the operation they are hitting.

4. With our group it's not really easy to just, not come to a session. We all live together.

I look for secrecy, be it in the shadows or hidden in plain sight. I once used a 15th floor office as a safehouse, simply because it was dead in the middle of town and I wasn't hiding from legitimate authorities. Also it had a helipad and we were riding in a completely legimitate unmarked helicopter.

Defences wise, I go for a load of Ingram Smartgun Xes with a guncam and a smart firing platform, linked to a series of ultrasound sensors around the shop. You get seen, you get shot, end of.

Well, when you spend most of the nuyen from your runs on expensive foci and novacoke, you don't really have the luxury of differentiating between your family home and a safe house.

>first real gun

please

Schools in Shadowrun probably check their students at the entrances just to be sure that they're actually armed.

Could be a corp baby in a conclave. They probably wouldn't have a lot of interaction with firearms.

A real steak dinner is, what, 100 nuyen? For a single meal?

Then his session could be spent compiling evidence and setting up a dead man's switch to prep the blackmail in question. Still, in your shoes I wouldn't let it just be a coincidence that a compromised team was hired.

True. I doubt it, personally I'd think that a principal in an enclave wouldn't leave parents with kids. But, y'know. That's me.

Then you just don't have a safehouse. Saying that you have a safehouse that you live in full-time, which you chose because it's in a good school district for your kid, is silly.

The entire point of a safehouse is that it's a place you set aside to be used in emergencies, not your everyday house.

I will refrain from being silly in the future, my apologies.

You know, I've always wanted to run a band of orcs and trolls who style themselves after Warhammer orks for shits and giggles.

I feel like that really wouldn't happen.

It would be like a bunch of black guys dressing up as bone-in-the-nose black-face oog-booga spear-chuckers.

I agree. Warhammer-style orks are basically the stereotype for Shadowrun orks in-universe. Even Niel the Ork Barbarian probably comes off as more racially sensitive.

A gang of elves behaving like Dark Elves though?

That's definitely not out of the question.

The whole idea would be refuge in audacity, being able to get away with more by playing into your average person's desire to not appear cartoonishly racist.

Maybe, but they probably be shunned by other goblinoids even more than they would be regular people.

I had an orc who called people bon'eads and died screaming WAAAGH.

>Dark Elves
already exist as a north-european elven metavariant called "Night Ones"

Those are just black-furred elves who prefer to stay awake at night. Dark Elves are pale, hairless, and sadistic.

>pale, hairless, and sadistic.
change sadistic to "manipulative and narcissistic" and you described 90% of all elves

So if I wanna give some extra oomph for my cyberlimbs, do I use Enhanced -ATTRIBUTE- or Customized -ATTRIBUTE-?

Or these guys.

Both. Customize up to your natural limit, enhance up to 3 more.

Depends. If you're buying the cyber limb you can have it built customized, which doesn't take up capacity. If you're changing the limb after having it you have to get it enhanced because that's added on top of your limb, IIRC. You can also get both, as they stack.

The Punchkicker is ready. Anyone want to r8?

Specific attribute limit or physical limit?

... attribute limit. How would you match your physical limit with cyberlimbs, when each upgrade to the limb's attributes changes the limit?

Natural limit. So, if you're a human, your natural limit for Strength and Agility is 6 for both.

I was inspired to make a cyberleg ninja because of that webm and I wanna give it the runner name of "Legit". Would you guys punch me for it?

Got it.
Now that you mention it... yeah. Should've figured it out.

Im not sure if youre entirely off base. I was running a game where the Fixer (a music producer and label head) needed some extra hands for his most lucrative partner, an orxploitation rap group. There whole schtick was being "wot u want ya git?" and all of their music videos were set in mock battlefields. The idea was to exploit orkiness pretty much.

Straight Outta Or'zet

IF you take a used grade limb, since anything that goes in it has to match grade, the availability of armour is lowered to the point where you can get 3 legally a generation. A Funny mechanical quirk I noticed recently is there's enough space in a obvious cyberhands and cyber feet to accommodate three points of armour and since partial limbs and hands/feet are only used when the action would only involve them, you don't have to waste a fortune up-stating them.

There are specific foot blades in Hard Targets.

I'm pretty sure puns like that are pretty standard for street handles

Thanks.

>look it up
>0.2 Essence, (Str+2)P, 20F, 28,000 nuyen

>a spur (which I already equipped
with) is 0.3 Essence, (Str+3)P with -2 AP, 12F, 5,000¥

Damn it, CGL, can you do anything right?

>partial limbs and hands/feet are only used when the action would only involve them

That's the big kicker though, there are so many ways you could argue that point, especially when the listed example in the core book (leading a melee attack with a cyberlimb) is given as an example as to when you should use the cyberlimb stats, whereas I've seen people on here arguing that you should use the average. Same goes for limits: the book doesn't explain (at least as far as I've seen) whether cyberlimbs affect the physical limit, but Chummer says the physical limit is based on the average of all limbs, and then the character sheet it prints out includes a limit for each cyberlimb.

Are there any books for 5e Shadowrun that go into more detail about Tir Tairngire or Tír na nÓg?

Are there any books that focus on Tir Tairngire or Tír na nÓg? Preferably from a later edition, but I'll take older ones too.

shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Tír_Tairngire#Quellenindex
shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Tir_Na_nOg#Quellenindex

Pretty sure there is a 2nd edition book each for both of em.

To clarify:
The Blocks denominate how much info they contain with Green being the most
Hovering over the name shows which edition they are from

Just use a foot anchor. Counts as a cyber spur, is slightly cheaper and has an additional bonus in case you need to shoot things.

Well, no it is a bit clearer than that (not much because CGL) but it is after the example you cite over the page, and makes it sound like, especially for the hand, that you just use your base attributes unless is specifically relies on the hand. Chummer I think does that so the bases are covered as the rules are open to interpretation.

I couldn't remember the stat block and assumed the damage might not be as good, but that cost and availability....What are they, made of whalebone?

Ah yeah, hands and feet use the rest of the body's stats it seems, unless a task specifically calls for hands (or feet) only. I'd say picking a lock manually would be a good example of that. So at least partial limbs, hands and feet are a touch clearer. Still no idea which way you should go for calculations if you want to go with 4 full cyberlimbs though.

In Chummer5, where can I find Urban Tribes Tomahawk or regular ass throwing knives for that matter?

Weapons -> Blades ?

Nah. I found them just now. All throwing weapons are under Gear -> Ammo

What the fuck is the blast shield supposed to be? Does it have some sort of ammo? Is it only usable once? Is it just a 20P -4AP melee weapon?

How about you read the book first?

Looks like the SR Anarchy prototype is now on the net.
I've already decided it's not for me after reading pic related.

Shame, because I was really hoping for a pick up & play version of the main rules.
Maybe the regular mechanics will be decent enough that it can be salvaged by cutting out all the narrativist garbage.

It was never meant to be Rules Lite version of the Shadowrun main rules. It is it's own game.

If it helps, here is a quote from one of the developers.

>In the basic Cue system, there isn't even really a traditional GM (or DM, or ST, whatever various games call it). In SRA, we've tried to hit a middle ground between that narrative extreme and the more traditional RPG style, and last I heard we're making sure it works pretty okay either way, if push comes to shove. Cue fans can play it their way without much rules tweakage, and more traditional gamers can handwave away some of the more narrative-game stuff pretty easily and run a "rules light SR" just fine, I'd bet.

>It is it's own game.
Too bad it just had to be a narrativist monstrosity.
Narrativist games aren't even the style of rules lite games that are selling well which makes it all the worse since it isn't likely to see much support beyond the base book.
The big niché market is in the rules tight/rules lite gamist ones like the OSR clones, Traveller ones like Stars Without Number, the new Runequest throwback etc.

My group and I like Narrative, so your loss is our gain, chummer.

>My group and I like Narrative
The Cue system isn't really what Fatefags and Apocalypse hipsters mean by narrative either, it's more about buying and selling actions with bennies (it was designed around not having a GM at all) so good luck selling such an ultra-capitalist thing to them, omae. :^)

On the subject of rules lite how would you guys go about cutting down the SR5 core book to a manageable size?
I'm thinking cut all the lore to it's own pamphlet leaving all the rules for their own pdf, remove all the superflous special situation rules that any GM worth their salt can deal with at the table like treading water or visibility stuff vis a vis cybereyes and cut down some of the equipment choices to be more general not making every single one a choice of 5+ mods albeit still leaving some of the more interesting ones.
The major issue is probably Decking/Technomancy and related subsystems. It's just a fucking mess and i'm not sure they're really salvageable as written.