Hey Veeky Forums, can you recommend me any good, easy RPG that i can play with my younger brother?

Hey Veeky Forums, can you recommend me any good, easy RPG that i can play with my younger brother?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/7llc83r2xf8bg/Barbarians_of_Lemuria_-_Mythic_Edition
mediafire.com/download/p5w885sa9a869ma/Barbarians Of Lemuria - Legendary Edition.pdf
mega.co.nz/#F!CtQR2bST!y_awB-GHCiL3CdK4iLCV7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

play video games if you want to be a casual

5e d&D is good for getting into table top role playing games, i guess

OP what you want is Dungeon World

It's pretty much objectively one of the best currently out there. It has fast easy to use mechsnics and is perfect for beginners, it's a lot cheaper than most of these other rules bloated systems that cost fifty dollars. There is no reason for extra rules when it is he role playing that matters. Dungeon World is fast and innovative and still feels exactly like the spirit of ADND before DnD 3.5 destroyed the hobby and ruined a generation of role players.

You want fast, intuitive combat? Dungeon World does that.

You want real, deep roleplaying mechanics? Dungeon World does that.

You want great mechanics that reward diversity of play? Dungeon World does that as well.

My last session of Dungeon World my human fighter wrapped a vampire in a bear hug and wrestled him out a window. This is real roleplaying we are talking about here, not babby 3.5 shit. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Dungeon World today, it is an evolution and perfection of the half-formed ideas in Apocalypse World (the game it is derived from)

Ghostbusters RPG from West End

Blood bowl.

Easy allegory to sports. Easy rules(that would be relevant to a game) capable of printing on one piece of paper.

Still has orks and monsters and combat and stuff. Roleplay not required, but not out of place either.

Also few types of dice needed and can be played with a bag of coins and a roll of paper.

Ryuutama.
Even includes a tutorial of sorts.

Feck aff you Virt-pasta-poster

If you want something dead simple you could go for something like Laser and Feelings or one of it's hacks

DnD.
Personally I pull people into rpgs with Pathfinder.

Ryuutama
Monsters and other childish things
Risus

Magissa i don't know if it's in English or just Spanish but is worth a look if it is.

here's Scrolls and Swords for example.
Is it just you and your brother that's playing?

MAID

FATAL.

>Feck aff you Virt-pasta-poster

It's especially annoying here, since DW is actually a pretty good option for OP's situation.

>a threat Goblin Tribe wants to create the Dwarf Ruins which will Fix everything
wot

Goblins want to wreck a dwarf city because they think that will fix something or right a wrong.
Sounds good to me.

Fix everything is the only rp doable motivation anyway.

It's the only one that implies the 'threat' believes in their cause and isn't just doing it because that's what they do.

>a goblin tribe manufactures a world political structure that encourages dwarves to both flourish, and decline leaving only the remains of their civilization behind in order to achieve their ideal universe
It oozes of intrigue.

Barbarians of Lemuria.

>Barbarians of Lemuria,Mythic Edition (current edition) -- mediafire.com/folder/7llc83r2xf8bg/Barbarians_of_Lemuria_-_Mythic_Edition

>Barbarians of Lemuria, Legendary Edition (earlier edition, fewer details & more minimalist presentation makes it even easier to learn, but the rules aren't as refined*) --mediafire.com/download/p5w885sa9a869ma/Barbarians Of Lemuria - Legendary Edition.pdf

>Barbarians of Lemuria, House Rules / Patches for Legendary Edition (if you want the bare bones minimalism of Legendary, but with the rules tightened up a bit) -- mega.co.nz/#F!CtQR2bST!y_awB-GHCiL3CdK4iLCV7A

Or if your brother is young...

Not really. DW is way more complicated than it pretends to be.

Old School Hack. It's easy and fun.

D&D 5 is best because you probably already know the basics of the setting from pop culture, because it kind of is the baseline that every other game is connected to, and because if you decide to play with other people that's the one that the most people play.

If you were playing with your girlfriend, then Vampire: The Masquerade, 2nd edition. Don't buy any other books for the setting. Make it all up if you have to. It's long out of print and supposedly "improved" later, but really it's perfect just as it is and includes a ton of information on how to be a great roleplayer.

Later you can transition to a better, more flexible system like GURPS. If you do, then everyone gets GURPS Lite (it's a free PDF you can download from SJGames). Then you get the GURPS basic set (two books) and a setting like Banestorm, Transhuman Space, or Technomancer (old edition). Or if you're into hack and slash, then just go Dungeon Fantasy and be done with it. But START with one of the two games above first.

It's not that complicated, and especially not for players, which makes it great for DMing for kid's groups. All the rules they need to know are on two pages + their character sheet.