Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

The Horde's Greatest Hero edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs.

Previous thread:

>Horde's greatest hero
>Nazgrim
>not Varok Saurfang

>>not Varok Saurfang
who? The guy who abandoned the Horde in its time of greatest need so he could go cry in Outland?

>Not Gul'dan
>He who brought the horde its greatest glories in the name of Gul'dan

Praise be Gul'dan, rightful warchief of the horde.

>glory
>implying massacring Draenei children was glory

They squealed like pigs. Why do you think Saurfang doesn't eat pork?

When was this?

Or are you lying?

Ice crown raid. He left to go bury his son in Outland

Ah yes, his son. Who died a hero's death, and was twisted at the hands of the Lich King. Is a father not allowed to mourn?

Not during the single most important battle of a war

I always kinda assumed he left mostly because he had just got the ever loving guck beat out of him in the fight and couldn't keep fighting

No really, what's with every Windrunner sister lusting after filthy mon'keighs?

Maybe elf dudes just suck that hard.

In Warcraft, human dock game is stronk

It is true that their ports were quite enviable

Until Kul Tiras vanished off the face of Azeroth, that is.

What the actual fuck is up with that, it's been 10 years and nobody even bats an eye at the fact that the greatest naval power in the world just up and disappeared.

Apparently they weren't strong even to know there was an entire continent beyond the Maelstrom.

>reasons Legion is already the best xpac
>retrieve Felo'melorn, the royal blade of the Sunstrider lineage, last wielded by Kael'thas himself
>Now wielded by my dark iron adherent to the Firelord

I could not dream of a greater spit in the eye

To be fair, no one knew about it except the quel'dorei and the Council of Tirisfal.

Can I get a refund on Legion?

tell me everything about blood elves

No, you're stuck with it.

What is it you wish to know?
As of now, they're basically high elves again in all but name and eye color.

I'm getting real tired of Sylvanas' shit. I was excited for her to be the Warchief and I pledged my loyalty, so I wanted to see where her story goes.

If course right off the bat she's giving me orders. I'm the motherfucking Highlord of the Silver Hand. I am the new Ashbringer. Show some respect. But I let it slide, we're under attack and there's more important things to do. But then she pairs me up to with Nathanos "Murderhobo" Blightcaller who can't shut his fucking mouth about how shit I am and how he'll put an arrow in me if I look at him funny.

I am the fucking Light: I brought down the Scarlet Crusade, I killed Kel'Thuzad twice, I restored the Sunwell, Quel'Delar, I killed the Lich King with your fucking queen while you were at home crying your eyes out and sending nobodies to get revenge on some elves because they made fun of you in Ranger school. I'm the goddamn Ashbringer. I am literally your destruction. I can end your sorry existence without a thought. Go on, I dare you. I double fucking dog dare you: start some shit. How many bodies does Sylvanas have for you? Let's find out you fucking leaf-fever, Linkin Park listening, punk ass bitch. Don't you ever fucking talk back to me or I'll lay waste to your whole goddamn undead abomination family.

He Cheats!

High elves that suck demon cock, hence the green eyes and reddish skin

>The Horde's Greatest Hero edition
>Not Garrosh
>Not Thrall
>Not Lorthemar

>High elves that suck demon cock
They don't anymore since they got Sunwell chlorinated, the eyes and skin tone are just leftovers, much like green skin on orcs. It was in one of the dev Q&A sessions.

Well they still got fel crystals

Blue board, user.

That's the "safe" version

Yeah because no-one at Blizzard has bothered to clean up the fucking zones. The Exodar should also be fixed by now, but there's no sign of that. Fucking everyone ELSE got their shit renewed in Cata, but the BC races just get to take it in the ass I guess.

And while we're at it, can we please make the male Draenei less bulkarific and more in line with their women?

>make the male Draenei less bulkarific and more in line with their women
So...make their dicks bigger?

You should imgur the not safe version

Exodar will be fixed soon, I hear.

Also, no.

Not this again.

you're right, they'd need tits, too

Velen gives the order to repair it during his 5 minutes of relevancy in Legion.
I guess that means they've sat there twiddling their thumbs for years then.

>Warcriminal
>Shitty asshole who ruined the lore
>"Regent Lord" Lor'themar "literally who" Theron, world-renowned accomplisher of fuck-all
I don't even know who Nazgrim is but if that's his competition.

More like slim them down and make them look like pretty-boys who got Veeky Forums rather than AHNALD with blue body paint.

>Not Varok Saurfang

If you want pretty boys play an elf you faggot

What reason would they have to leave during that time?

Hey, at least Lor'themar has the advantage of not having fucked anything up yet.

>Night Elf guys
>Pretty
Are you sure about that?

Obviously blood elf you raging retard

>Warcriminal
Nazgrim followed him

>Shitty asshole who ruined the lore
Thrall ruined nothing, he is the protagonist and saved azeroth multiple times

>"Regent Lord" Lor'themar "literally who" Theron, world-renowned accomplisher of fuck-all
Only Racial leader of the horde that go straight to the point and didnt fucked up once

Why? Not like i cropped it, and there's 3 more variations

>Thrall ruined nothing

I can't tell if this is you joking or if you're legit triggered by nathanos Marris

>Telling me green Jesus ruined anything
Tell me at least one thing he ruined

Doomhammer's legacy

Saw the Sylvanas video on the last thread, it was interesting, what's essentially the TLDR on the current legion lore?

the horde

>the horde's leadership prospects

FTFY

And she's, uh, "replenishing mana" in front of a mirror - why, exactly?

>they haven't found the cave of Veeky Forums filled with bruls lifting and squattin all day while kicking around manlets

It's just a blood elf doing blood elf things

Yeah, but they aren't alliance-side.

Obviously blood elves are just so damn hot they turn even themselves on. I hear it's also a common 'problem' for Draenei women too.

I just realised something.

Given that demons come back and that fel/demonic power can turn a non-demon into an immortal demon (exhibit a, Illidan), what are the chances Kael thas will return?

Is that new Illidan book any good? The fact that it's not written by Christie Golden is slightly encouraging, but I'm still wary after the after the last half a dozen novels or so were varying degrees of shit.

How're you supposed to level up your pokemans?
I've been trying to kill things 1-2 levels higher than my team but these damn Northrend squirrels counter my entire team
Actually, for that matter do any of you have companion pets for your characters that tie in with your backstory?
Right? I'm sayin.

A little of both. He annoys the fuck out of me and it's been a stressful day at work. It's also a little jarring that after every paladin out there pledges their loyalty to me, he insists on treating me like a bitch.

Though frankly it is absurd that I'm the King Arthur of paladins.

Gul'Dan is ending the world with a giant old school demon invasion and Genn Graymane hates Sylvanas because she killed his son, conquered his people, and as far as he knows, got his new bff killed.

Watch the Broken Shore cinematic.

Being a complete asshole is what makes Nathanos an actual character though.
I bet Sylvanas had the hots for him both in life and undeath because he treats her like a bitch, too.

She insisted on making him the first human ranger. They're clearly fucking.

Speaking of which.
>nathanos
>lothremar (you'll make a beautiful corpse)
>koltira (raped into depression)
She gets around, doesn't she.

You take that back! The Banshee Queen is pure, damnit!
PURE!

>She gets around, doesn't she.
Runs in the family.

Pure slut.
Poor nathanos.

Probably, I'm still annoyed he had his former ranger allies murdered for a fucking book.

>>"Regent Lord" Lor'themar "literally who" Theron, world-renowned accomplisher of fuck-all
This meme need to end, Teron is an important and well known character! He's the first death knight for god sake!

>he had his former ranger allies murdered for a fucking book.
Probably out of fear that they would write in how he was fucking their former Ranger General. Or even draw pictures, oh the horror.

It's kind of interesting to note that while nobody bats an eye at half-elves now, older lore indicates that such interspecies relations aren't looked well upon.

>Ruining the legacy of the guy that got his father and mother killed.
Seems pretty based for me

>the horde
He turned a bunch of retards in an unstoppable army

>the horde's leadership prospects
Voljin fucked up, not thrall

Why does she have tattoos of the Horde logo? That's fucked up.
It's literally just coincidence that's keeping the Belves in the Horde.
That and the Alliance tanking every attempt at diplomacy.

>Alliance tanking every attempt at diplomacy.
More like gameplay mechanics forcing the status quo.

Why was Vol'jin there in the first place?

She didn't fuck Lorthemar, in fact he slides back into being her XO very easily when the situation calls for it.

Unfortunately she's self absorbed and too caught up in her own shit to appreciate it.

I mean yeah? But also the fact that Alliance spies intentionally sabotaged peacetalks?

a) what do you mean XO?
b) yeah, she didn't but she wants to

>koltira
Is he back in the game yet? I haven't heard anything about him since Cataclysm.

>an unstoppable army
if they're unstoppable then why did they retreat

checkmate hordefag

He was her second-in-command when she was Ranger-General. He's like Laura Roslin in that there was nobody else in charge after the war and Kael'thas fucked off into space.

Thrall was not in command anymore, all the horde was high after Voljin legalized pot.

EY MON PEACEBLOOM LMAO

Voljin was one of the logical choices for warchief, too bad Blizzard made Legion pure fanservice and decided to put sylvanas on command.

I'm hoping he turns into Obi-Wan Kenobi or something.

I mean, I like sylvanis and whatnot but I really don't think being warchief fits her character. Granted it fits the weird ass character they've been giving her since cata I guess

Yeah, he is wasted potential

Do sex slaves canonically exist on this universe?

Or monogamy? Like having an elf. draenei and human wife at the same time?

They're people as much as you and I. There's evil abound.

Hard to have this kind of stuff in a T-rated game.
Illidan did have a whole harem of bitches for his belf buddies though.

Sylvanas is arguably the best leader they have in the Horde, provided she sorts her shit out. She's clinically depressed and scared of dying leading her to make very questionable choices.

But she's the Banshee Queen for a reason. She's earned the right to rule more than anyone else, even if Vol'jin did make her Warchief.

But like I said, if she can remember how to live for other people she'd be fantastic. I'm hoping Alleria shows up and smacks some sense into her. Too bad Vereesa and Lorthemar hate each other, else she'd be in Silvermoon.

Why do Lorthemar and Vereesa hate eachother?

It's not really much of a personal feud. Lor'themar is pretty reasonable, it's just that high elves in Silvermoon would invite trouble. His short story practically spells out that exiling the high elf remnants was something he'd rather not do, but otherwise there'd be disorder.

Vereesa is prejudiced against in general because her asshole Belf cousin tried to kidnap her kids once, forever cementing her impression that belves are all magic-addicted junkies. Oh, and another belf built a mana bomb that killed her husband, but I'm not sure she's actually aware of that.

I don't know.

prejudiced against belves, that is.

>cementing her impression that belves are all magic-addicted junkies
Well...they are, though

Seems like it's easy for any elf to get that way, honestly.

He was being held prisoner in the undercity apothecary wing by Sylvanas this entire time. You and Thassarian go rescue him in one of the death knight class quests.

Side-effect of the well of eternity, i assume. Nelves need moonlight (which is magic), nightborne need the nightwell (which is magic), high elves and blood elves need magic in general. Satyrs and naga don't seem to need shit

It is, but high elves pride themselves on resisting the urge through meditation and whatnot instead of finding some demons to suck on.