/cyoag/ CYOA General

Last Thread Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Pls stop arguing, posting my OC.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5vYX1bZd1SBUU05dGYtNzFydFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok but it better be gud. I'm still in need of my pokemon waifu fix.

Love the old PC game aesthetic. Won't play this right now but it looks great if a bit short

Jorunn
Elementalist

Spearmen
Skirmishers
Archers
Cavalry Knights

Wizards & Dragons

Rest Tents

>Grimr
>Paladin
> Skirmishers, Cavalry-Knights, Sharpshooters, Spearmen, Peasants
>Gorgons
>Rest Tents

I like it. Thanks, Angel.

Reposting stuff so this thread doesn't suck and also to piss off that one user who's autistic about it

>old
>not "classic"

You break my heart user;_;

>enemies think their facing a "standard" army of normal soldiers
>realize they made a mistake as it starts hailing on just their part of the battlefield and dragons appear over the horizon

Nice!

Thanks!

Gorgon-Knights! I was hoping some people would choose the combo units!

I remember the image of Hera from Age of mythology looking a lot better.

Sorry about the long wait, I got caught up in being too lazy.

>Tbh I just want to see you beat the previous hero by giving him a good night kiss and then shouting at him.
That is actually a pretty hilarious image to visualize. It looks so silly to me.

>Since you're making a pure special attacker I'd also recommend buying the Soul Dew instead of the Metronome. I mean, it increases your Sp. Atk and Sp. Def by 50% for only 50 points. With a Special Attack stat of 825 Achilles can probably OHKO anything. You know, because Mega Mewtwo Y's Sp. Atk is 535 with max EVs and a Modest nature.
Thanks for the idea, now I wonder how easy it is for Achilles to breeze right through events like "The End", "Darkness Returns", and "No More Heroes".

>Sure, it is still WIP and I'd appreciate feedback.
>Safeguard/Refresh
I say go with Safeguard since that protects you and your companions from status conditions.

Looking at your other moves, you might need some Ether since Draco Meteor and Overheat have only 8 PP each. Other then that, it looks good to me.

Good idea in making the Defense stat 8 since 2 out of 3 types your character is weak to is Rock and Ground, which both have attacking moves that are majority of the time physical.

I'm curious, why did you choose this set of companions? Also, sweet selection of partners you picked.

You don't actually bother me when you just post old crap like this. You're just annoying when you whine like a bitch about something you can change and make presumptions about what the thread is meant to be like based on your own taste.

In short, post CYOAs if you want CYOAs to be posted.

I Don't actually have many saved worth posting

Gem of Imagination needs limits on what it can make. Or at least a clause saying you can't make the other five items with it. This is CYOA 101, people.

So am I allowed to post my Pokemon Personified build or is that illegal now

God: Helgi

Class: Paladin (+ Ranger)

Army Units:
Cavalry
Cavalry-Knights
Horse Archers

Beast: Griffins

Rest Tents

My army is pretty much the medieval fantasy version of the air force, with flying paladin rangers.

Maybe you should change that. There are galleries in the pastebin.

If you do post the CYOA first so we have context.
If it's too long make it a PDF

Do it fag. It's only illegal to be an autist about it.

I'd like to save yours too, if you build something that catches my eye.

Post it, people will get upset if you talk about the argument though.

>36 imaged page PDF
Pff.

Didn't some brave user split it into two? Give me a bit to track them down.

It's better than posting all 36 images
Sides, there have been longer CYOAs

The point is that it's impossible to actually post them because of file size or compression.

>More Power Saw, More Power Hardhat, One Point that I can't use

>Colt 1911A1

>Medium
>Soldier
>Brain Upgrade, Telekinesis + Telekinetic Shield
>Bio-plasma Generator, Plasma Bladder, Electorlysis Lung
>Exoblade x2, Confusion Venom Gland, Jaws, Venom Mist
>Reflex Upgrade, Chitin Upgrade 3, Extra Armor, Regeneration
>Hydrojet

Here we go boys

1/2

Imperial Thrones
+6 companions
+550 points

Name - Lazar

Male
Average
Adult

1300 points available

Fighting / Psychic - 50 pts dual-type

Aura Sphere
Synchronoise
Protect
Work Up

Forewarn

Purchased Stats:
Health +7 - 250 pts
Attack +8 - 350 pts
Defense +4 - 150 pts
Special Attack +8 - 350 pts
Special Defense +4 - 150 pts
Speed +0 - 0 pts
Evasion +5 - 100 pts
Accuracy +0 - 0 pts

Bonuses from char. creation
Average body type - Health +1
Adult - Attack +1
Male - Special Attack +1

Totals:
Health +8
Attack +9
Defense +4
Special Attack +9
Special Defense +4
Speed +0
Evasion +5
Accuracy +0

400 Health
450 Attack
200 Defense
450 Special Attack
200 Special Defense
0 Speed
25 Evasion
0 Accuracy

Expert Belt - 25 pts
Azure Flute - 50 pts
Mysterious Ring - 25 pts

2/2

18 ally points available

Chena - sing, taunt, echoed voice, feather dance - 2 pts
Lam Eve - helping hand, mean look, feint attack, confuse ray - 1 pt
Liuse Eve - acid armor, haze, water pulse, tail whip - 1 pt
Ikol - eathquake, lands wrath, dragon dance, extreme speed - 4 pts
Melliorate - spacial rend, slash, earth power, aqua tail - 4 pts
Constel* - 6 pts

Crises - total +200 points
Dragon Secession - support thrones
The Internal War - support the Army: the protectors are arrogant snobs
Orbs of Destruction - screw 'em both
On to the First
Darkness Returns
The End - oppose D
Future of Despair
Raising a Family

>Gods
Grimr

>Classes
Paladin

>Army Units
Peasant
Spearman
Skirmisher
Archers
Cavalry

>Magical Beasts
Wizards

>Support
Siege Equipment

Morale, utility spells, number and good variety of troops for a variety of operations. The lack of firepower is supplemented by Siege Equipment.

戦争は数だよ兄貴

The rest of it: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5vYX1bZd1SBUU05dGYtNzFydFk

I use my Forewarn ability to guide my use of the Azure Flute before a tough battle, maximizing success based on the opponents' movesets. The item seems pretty OP to be honest.My stats always stay the same, and in battle I always wear the Expert Belt, so my moveset always includes powerful offensive moves - I'm a consistent hard-hitter with low defensive stats who relies on high Health, evasiveness, and supporting team members for defense, while usually being able to have extremely damaging supereffective moves due to my items. I will be a loyal servant of GG who's chill by default but merciless towards actual enemies. Of course, until I have the actual skill to back that up I won't mess with anyone too powerful.

I'll ally with Chena, Lam Eve, Liuse Eve, Ikol, Melliorate, and Constel, whom I will marry. During battles, the three Adventurers will be the supporting members of my team, while Ikol will be an AoE attacker and Melliorate will be another powerful general attacker. I doubt GG would want to get too involved in any battles, since she's the Great God and she's delegated the role of Cosmic Janitor to me. I will not get romantically involved with anyone else, because I'm not sure if GG would view that as betrayal or not, and I want to avoid her wrath. Outside of battle, the Adventurers can do whatever they want and will be my casual friends, while the two Emperors will be very helpful politically (especially Melliorate who's super influential among the Thrones). Hopefully, through our relationship, I can convince GG to let me take my powers back to Earth at least partially once all the crises are over. I'll faithfully defend the status quo, as is my duty. If at all possible I will literally kill D and Genesis, because they've done so much dumb shit I can't trust them not to fuck up again.

Appearance like pic related, honestly don't like the anime aesthetic that much

I always figured Gem of Imagination was the high risk high reward option. It gives the most power, but it's extremely probable the user will fuck up and unintentionally spawn something horrible.

So did the guy ever end up completing the remake of this? Is he still working on it? I think I heard he quit but I could be wrong

Great idea! I didn't really think about going ALL air! Might work even better together with allied army that has some people on the ground.

Looks like you forgot to use your extra tokens from Grimr.

Yeah, she's just a simple drawing, but to a adolescent mind I'm sure that's a sexualized picture. I used to think the Sorceress and Amazon from Diablo 2 were hot. And looking back for this, was quite surprised to see how pixelated and vague they actually are!

>Stall set

Helgi

Necromancer, Paladin
undead fodder synergizes with AoE buffs.

elite sharpshooters, spearmen, elite cavalry
I have undead fodder, I don't need living fodder.

Wizards
idk, just 'cause.

castle
I have wizards with fireballs and healing spells, so...

?

Adventurers (14 Comps, +250 pts.)

1000 Pts.

Male (+1 Sp. Atk)
Small (+1 Spd.)
Shota (+1 Spd)

Psychic/Dragon (950)

>Psychic:
Psyshock
Psychic
Calm Mind
>Dragon:
Dragon Pulse

Competitive

Sp. A: + 7{400 Sp.A} (650) [+8 Sp.A]
Evasion: + 5 {25 EvA} (550)
Health: + 4 {300 HP} (450) [+5 Health]
Speed: +6 {400 Speed} (200) [+8 Spd]
Sp.D: + 5 {300 Sp.D} (0)

Hydra (10)
Hunter (8)
Tex
Isell Rei (7)
Jane (5)
Catherine (3)
Lima Flight
Lam

I wonder if my Sp.Def is enough to defend against most low-medium tier enemies and how many times I would need to cast calm-mind before I could safely tank most high-level hitters.

Events:
>Meteor
>World Dungeon
>Battle League Championship
>Return Of The Thief

Soul Dew (50 points left)
+1 to Health (0)

Link to the CYOA:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5vYX1bZd1SBUU05dGYtNzFydFk

You are right. Took out peasant, number is good but zero multiplied by any number is zero, and took two knights units.

>Gods
Grimr

>Classes
Paladin

>Army Units
Spearman
Skirmisher
Archers
Foot-Knights
Cavalry-Knights

>Magical Beasts
Wizards

>Support
Siege Equipment

Sweet.

My adventuring brother-in-arms. Will post my own once I'm done collecting for the day.

So here's my build for Pokemon Personified. GG wants a janitor, he got a janitor. For the Orphanage, not the world.

>Faction
Independent (Adventure's Guild)

>Character (750+250pts)
Male (Attack)
Average
Adult
Normal

>Moves
Celebrate
Attract
Pound
Covet

>Abilities
Run Away

>Stats
Health: +5+1=6 (150)
Attack: +6+2=8 (400)
Defense: +3 (600)
Sp.Atk: +0 (Free)
Sp.Def: +0 (Free)
Speed: +6 (850)
Evasion: +5 (950)
Accuracy: +0 (Free)

>Companions (12+14)
Aroma (2)
Brawl (5)
Deco (6)
Dig (7)
Flafnit (8)
Hector (9)
Jeanne D' (10)
Kip (11)
Mali (12)
Rabi (13)
Tex (Free)
Wiggle (14)
Xjel (15)

11 slots left = 110 points
50+110=160 points left = 16000PB
Gotta feed those children

Shit, ignore the (Adventurer's Guild) bit, it was from an old build when I still had hope for this world.

Necro-Paladin! The heresy! Anyway, pretty sure wizards behind 9,000 skellingtons can be super effective!

Pretty sure knights and wizards are a classic combo. Got good mix of physical and magical.

>Pretty sure knights and wizards are a classic combo. Got good mix of physical and magical.

Do you think Camelot gang would be proud of me, senpai?

Seconding , simple yet effective aesthetic.

>God: Jorunn
>Class: Druid
>Army: Elite Sharpshooters, Elite Horse Archers, Spearmen
>Magical Beasts: Griffons, Behemoths
>Support: Rest Tents

The slow, lumbering march of Behemoths are all but unstoppable. Even castles cannot hold them off forever. Their height makes even the best swordsman a threat only to the Behemoths' feet.

An enemy army's best tactic is mobility; avoid, surround, and wear down the beasts. Horse archers are the best counter. Alternatively, they could use siege weapons to try and hit the castle-sized targets.

That's where our Griffon Archers come in. They can pick off those pesky harassing cavalry and tear apart siege weapons. Behemoths are quite stupid, but can hopefully be trained to ignore flying things. Even if they sometimes try to swipe at the Griffons, their slow speed is unlikely to connect.

Elite sharpshooters and spearmen are mostly there because I had 3 extra army tokens to spend. They have to stay behind the Behemoths for their own safety (and the Behemoths' size blocks line of sight), but the sharpshooters' extra firepower can't hurt I suppose. Spearmen exist solely to protect sharpshooters from cavalry charges.

I'm so envious of those who have made a build for Pokemon Personified. I have so many different things I want to and with all the options it's really hard for me to decide.

I think I might make two builds. One that's independent that's all about having fun and an underground one that is a bit more serious.

Dig must be protected.
For this we will burn all else.
Headpats unending, the stars will fade.
All will be peace, and nothing will hurt.

Can someone post the pervy superhero cyoa please?

Brother. Those children (I don't want to play favorites but Tex, Rabi and Dig specially) are the only good thing in this world.

Honestly, I kinda feel sorry for the author who seems to have put quite an effort on this new version in response to the feedbacks. I mean the criticism is valid, the waifus are shit, the men are not charismatic and your purpose in the world is pitiful, but even then I'm sure it's hard to see something you worked being set on fire.

gods jorunn
class elementalist
army units skirmishes, berserkers and sharpshooters

magical beasts minotaur and wizard
support rest tents

The remake was shit. This is the superior version still.

I pretty much did something like that. I initially wanted to go Independent Adventurer since I prefer not being tied into factions that I don't particularly like and just wanted to be an adventuring Hero instead of some General wrapped up in a command structure. Thing is, Adventurers get so little points (compared to the other factions) it's laughable, since I figured you could easily get the same number of companion slots (or more) as Independents and still end up with several hundred more points to put towards stats. So I made an Underground build and posted that instead. Same core of the old build (type, moves, general stat focus) just with a different goal in mind.

Personally I think Companion slots should cost more points since you can end up befriending some really powerful people for generally less than 50 points.

Arthropod
Increased Strength
Increased Defense
Natural Weapons
Multiple Limbs (Arms)

Great Devourer
Magical girl team
Nosy Reporters

Enhanced Strength
Enhanced Regen
Gigantism

Final Result
Strength = Very High
Defense = Very High
Speed = Moderate

Hey what did the author say in regards to how bonuses from character creation effect the price of stats later on?

>that instinctive behaviour to grab the bone
Hahaha

King Arthur and Merlin would be proud I'm sure!

Sounds like great strategy! I like the little description you wrote up:) Maybe spearmen could be used to protect behemoth's feet. They just have to be careful not to get stepped on!

That one's original! I didn't add synergy with minotaurs and berserkers, but I kinda imagine them going together. Maybe I'll add one sometime.

0 biomass

ultra light
hunter
skinsheathe free
compactible free

telepathy
mind probe
mental assault
domination
brain upgrade 3

deadly poison
sniper dart sting

camouflage

extra head - rectractable
progenitor worm

flight

I'm the best infiltrator possible and I can kill almost anything with my sniper darts. Using my powers I'll probably assassinate all other bioforms I can detect and then infiltrate some government and launch off a bunch of nukes, then establish my own country in the postapocalyptic wasteland of the Earth that follows.

I already know what stupid min/max'd build I'm going for, but I'm too lazy to go through the motion of making.

Do it yourself.

I imagine it gives you a free stat level top of anything you buy. So if you went with the small body (+1 speed) and you bought 4 levels of speed, you Speed stat would be 250 (level 5) despite only paying 150.

>patrician taste in miniatures
>patrician taste in vidya
>makes good CYOAs
>goddess tier small tits with big puffy nips
>only practices purest form of love
Yet there are people on this board right now who hate Angel. How is this possible?

How could I make this build better? Psychic Dragon has six weaknesses and six strengths. I'm actually 4x super-effective against my own type and the same in reverse. I was going for quick, heavy sp. atk hitter that can take a real pounding from sp.atk enemies but I'm not sure if I could take on Deoxsys.

Maxing out on only health and speed, taking no guard and three OHKO moves. Done.

Mammalian

STR: Mod
SPD: V. High
DEF: Mod
ATK: N/A

Regeneration
Enhanced Senses
Base Form Mod
Natural Weaponry

Budget Rangers
Magical Girl Team

Enhanced Regen (4)
Fire & Napalm Breath
Enhanced Speed

But i can't find it.

You're limited to one OHKO move.

fine then take one OHKO move the rest can be other shit.

>implying your special snowflake builds took sturdy.

>Sp. A: + 7{400 Sp.A} (650) [+8 Sp.A]
>Evasion: + 5 {25 EvA} (550)
>Health: + 4 {300 HP} (450) [+5 Health]
>Speed: +6 {400 Speed} (200) [+8 Spd]
>Sp.D: + 5 {300 Sp.D} (0)

Where'd all these bonuses come from?

>tfw curbstomped by sturdy

sorry, deleted to fix typo.
mine might not have, but I'm sure there's enough threats around the world with sturdy.

That's where your companions compensate for your weakness.

> using the Azure Flute as the centerpiece of your character

nice job breaking the CYOA dumb faggot. Also,

> doesn't like anime
> plays pokemon CYOA

your portrait is garbage and you should feel bad, suck my weeb dick

A lot of these things are just, like, your opinion, man. I'm sure Italics is fine with what people think of the CYOA, and I think most people who have responded to it enjoy it, they just get dragged into arguments over dumb things. Which is typical /cyoag/.

hang yourself lad, the Azure Flute is the only way to properly do your job in this world. There are so many counters to your power otherwise.

Patron: Jorunn
Class: Necromancer

Army Units
Spearmen
Skirmishers
Archers
Berserkers

Magical Beasts: Wizards, Dragons

Support: Rest Tents

My goal is to minimize casualties among my own soldiers. Normally I would have gone paladin, since I really enjoy healing, but ended up deciding necromancer worked better here. The rest tents and the wizards will hopefully be enough to keep people alive, should they be hurt. I'm going to use hit-and-run tactics with mixed berserkers, skirmishers, wizards, and, from time to time, dragons. I'll use necromancy to both turn quick hits into serious threats and avoid putting people under my command at risk. If I ever get forced into larger scale combat, I'm hoping that spearmen formations backed by archers can handle it.

This was loads of fun to build for.

Typical of Veeky Forums more like.

Neither did anyone else. So get digging. It's in the archive somewhere.

Yeah, you're right. It's just that the most prominent characters are so shady even the noble ones starts looking suspicious and I end up not trusting anyone of them my back.
But as the other user said, that's just my shitty opinion.

Its literally impossible to make a perfect all around build that covers all your weaknesses user.

age the same as mine
skin very dark
eyes blue
hair red
breasts C cup
butt getting there
background she is the daughter of a politician

personality calm and cool
athletics very athletic
interests firearms and tactics and iwns a armory

height much shorter than me
weight average
features hidden breasts are a G cup
magical features shes a cat girl
insanity multiple personalities
weapon deadly traps
tells she leaves and goes somewhere i'll never find her and she runs away and hides in a corner somewhere in the fetal position crying and asking for me

pre11.deviantart.net/2d69/th/pre/i/2015/118/0/a/chibi___cat_girl_by_kachima-d8re80u.png

Here you go user

Very limited PP would probably ensure that. Can take down, what, 30-100+ people without an AoE?

Name: Abselot Xero
Faction: Adventurer
Build: Average (+1 Health)
Appearance: Kid (+1 Speed)

Types: Ice
Ability: Refrigerate
Moves:
-Frost Breath
-Guillotine
-Double Team
-Tri Attack

Stats:
HP 8
Atk 0
Def 4
Sp. Atk 4
Sp. Def 4
Speed 7
Acc 5
Eva 5

Items:
-Mysterious Ring
-Hyper Potion x3
-Prison Bottle

Companions: 20 companion points converted to 200 build points
*Perpem Minos
Catherine
Wakka

Events:
Rival Party
World Dungeon

>Name: Alan
>Faction: Imperial Thrones
>Gender: Male (+1 Attack)
>Body Type: Fat (+1 Special Attack)
>Appearance: Adult (+1 Attack)

>Typing: Poison/Fire
>Moves: Poison Jab, Venoshock, Lava Plume, Dizzy Punch
>Ability: Levitate

>B-Points: 750 + 550 = 1300
>Health: +10
>Attack: +7
>Defense: +5
>Speed: +2
>Special Attack: +5
>Special Defense: +4
>Evasion: +2
>Accuracy: +0

>Items: Assault Vest, Super Potion 2x, Antidote 2x, Warp Seed, Blinker Seed 2x, Heal Seed, Sitrus Berry, Reviver Seed
>Misc.: Mysterious Ring, 5000 PB

>C-Slots: 12 + 6 = 18
>Companions: *Ciel, Archim, Anastacia, Naunce, Romu, Bick, Benedict, Calle, Deco

>Events: The Living Meteor, Raising a Family, The Internal War (Army), Sky Festival, The End, Orbs of Destruction, On to the First

Final Stats:

>Health: 500
>Attack: 350
>Defense: 250
>Speed: 100
>Special Attack: 250
>Special Defense: 200
>Evasion: 10
>Accuracy: 0

You are correct but my idea in this case is that you don't need to actually fight or fight with them at your side. The factions are perfectly happy killing each other, no need to intervene. GG might get salty but by then you already enjoyed your stay.

In the other hand I'm starting to think that if I don't like them I should probably help them instead of criticizing them. Then I remembered I'm user, not Gandhi or Buddha.

Thanks user! Idk why i couldn't find it. Hope the author makes a update.

They already did. Just dug it up.

I was going to say you should just be a decent human being, doing unto others how you want to be treated and at least show a small token concern about the welfare and interests of others.

Then I remember this is Veeky Forums and everyone is a autistic sociopath that just want to fap.

>Where'd all these bonuses come from?

Sp.Atk comes from being male; Spd from being a shota. I paid for health below.

>Fat, mixed attacking Poison/Fire type with max health

I like it, user. It's a good build.

New events added. Just 6 of them.

Th-thanks I think.....

Tfw not that many people seem to like my new cyoa and like pokemon one better instead;_;

Fuck yeah!

Make better cyoa instead of mediocre ones and anons will pay attention

seriously? Anybody have it?

Most OC doesn't become a runaway success. It gets a few replies, maybe a few publicly posted builds, then mostly gets reposted by the author or maybe one fan.

I think you're getting about as much attention as this Pearl one got.

I think you miss the actual cyoa is

Like I said the last thread, the discussion from last thread is bleeding over, and it'll take a while to calm down the storm.

Post it in the next couple of threads, and you'll probably get more responses.