Primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D9OozYupowA
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-08-16-ug-modern-infect/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-08-16-dredge/
magic.wizards.com/en/content/modern-masters-2017-info
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tiers are usage-based. A Tier 2 deck can be better than a Tier 1 deck in a specific metagame.

Thanks for the good thread, OP.

Anyone have any experience with Shadow? I hate Steppe Lynx with a passion and consider shifting from the traditional "Delve Shadow" to "Delirium Shadow" with Gnarlwood Dryad and Traverse the Ulvenwald. Thoughts?

then you wouldn't have the explosive power that Become Immense brings to the table.

Why does deathtouch matter at all when you're pumping your guy to obscene levels anyway? Dryad is bad

not defending dryad but death touch would be mostly irrelevant.
they would be nacatls 4~6. but i think lynx are better

youtube.com/watch?v=D9OozYupowA

what you guys think of this ?

it is good ? could this can be improved ?

pic not related

Do you not understand how trample and deathtouch interact with each other?

I do. It's not that great compared to what the deck already does
Are you the same people that thought thing in the ice was going to break formats?

They run both. There's a similar argument for Hooting Mandrills and Tarmogoyf and they are fine.

What's the best budget infect deck?

depends, do you want a chance at winning or just trying to play vs friends?

Just buy infect
On a side note, any infect players have any spicy tech? Currently running a stock list for he most part, I don't like become immense in the list, I cut 2 of them to have a 2/2 split between it and groundswell

I run 2 spell pierce/dismember/Apostle's blessing mainboard and 1 twisted image

Should a dryad arbor be mainboard?

>I don't like become immense in the list

I should add that I don't like A PLAYSET too often I've had 2 or more in hand

Grafdigger's cage is comfy shit.

Dryad arbor should almost always be mainboard. It's too good and versatile to not be mainboard. I understand sometimes you need to side it out and that's ok but I don't see why not.
Also, always run the FTV version to confuse newer players :^
And get all your forests altered to look like the FTV dryad arbor too.

thoughts on eldrazi werewolves?
do you splash them or base a deck around them?

How the fuck these things even fight? theyre just a mass of tentacles attached to wolf skulls

>watching random SCG vods or whatever
>girl on camera
>she always turns out to be trans

Welcome to Magic, where all the best women are actually men pretending to be women.

No one said Eldrazi were designed to fight.

Anyone have experience playing BW Processors? I've built a list that's running 4 relic main board and 2 surgical extraction sideboard and I feel like 2 and 2 main would be better.

A gentle reminder to pick up your Thopter Swords while its still at rock bottom price after the post-unban hype and no one's paying attention. Remember, Kaladesh is an artifact block.

>Remember, Kaladesh is a standard legal block

What are you expecting that's going to help Thopter Sword? Affinity maybe because they're more general artifact users, but thopter swords would need something more specific.

Mistakes into miracles, friend

Its a powerful shell that only needs a slight push to see exposure again. It can be anything. Thopter Tribal? Some other lynchpin artifact? The point is it can only get better.

I doubt thopter tribal will be that helpful. You're already in a good spot if you can get a bunch of thopters out from your foundry, giving them +1/+1 isn't super important.

So there's going to be a Nahiri/Dredge level memedeck that does well in one event, makes SCG a fuck ton of money, then drops off the radar as we go back to the normality of Jund/Infect/Burn/Affinity assfucking the meta?

Yes thats correct. Please drop all your GY hate, dredge is a joke deck and should be ignored. Pack artifact hate instead.

Not that guy but if I had to choose one or the other I'd take artifact hate. Affinity is still scary as fuck. Guess that's deck dependent though, my dredge match up is alright.

I fucking hate dredge though. With affinity, even without the hate I still feel I can win; with dredge if they draw a good hand, I feel helpless as fuck. They just attack from a different angle, conventional removal doesnt work unless its Anger or Path, or something like Cyclonic Rift

>I fucking hate dredge though
shh, it's ok maro, just think of standard and big green creatures

SotM + Foundry does not need lords to be good you tard. What it needs is time to get on the board and start generating value. Sadly it won't happen because aggro decks are too fast, and the combo decks deal too much damage. Go ahead, gain 5 life and make 5 thopter tokens. I'm just gonna swing with Primetime and get 2 Mountains, triggering these 3 Valakuts and dealing 18 to you. You survived? Cool, I'll do the same next turn too.

Decks that try to win by slowly generating advantages struggle in Modern because you can't get your engine going in time. And even when your engine gets started, the value you generate is just too slow to compete with stupid shit like Valakut or Flinging a 50/50 Death's Shadow at you.

Why apostle, the card sucks. Just run a second Twimage for affinity/mana dorks/spellskites, slip through space or the third pierce/dispel. It's not like you're supposed to let the game go so long that Pierce doesn't 1:1 trade for removal.

Just wait until they reveal Aether mechanic on Friday with thopter tribal support. You only had to listen.

I would be embarrassed to lose to a shitty pile of cards like this. There is zero synergy beyond some black devotion towards a single gray merchant.

You realize that a Thopter lord would render Sword of the Meek useless, right? They wouldn't enter the battlefield as a 1/1 anymore.

You could get a bunch of thopters then play it for a quick win.

The advantages to mono colour decks are:
>You can leverage your manabase consistency to make better use of utility lands
>Not needing to shock yourself gives you a better matchup against aggro
The only annoying thing is that there's no good lands in Modern for punishing your opponent's manabase. There is no Wasteland or Port. Ghost Quarter is meh, Tectonic Edge doesn't really do the job you want it to.

That's a terrible idea and you should feel bad for suggestíng such a thing.

I know. I said thopter tribal wouldn't be good for the deck.

>Play this
>Name "Edge"
>You now have an edgelord in play

>Implying the push for thopters is the pump
>Implying its not the combine mechanic

Edge isn't a legitimate creature type user

Fine I'll name "Shit" and have a shitlord.

Ah yes, only a matter of time now before Shit tribal decks take down a GP.

>Still más he sold his Nahiri's at 8 bucks.
Keep telling to yourself that is a meme, if that helps you sleep at night

newest piece to my blue/white artifact deck

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-08-16-ug-modern-infect/

What do you think of my infect sideboard teegee? My meta has a lot of affinity and I am thinking how to jam thirds Nature's Claim in it. But I also want third Kitchen Finks to not get roflstomped by Burn, which is rare in the meta but still happens. Pls advise

Probably doesn't know what Modern is.

I'm pretty happy with the deck as-is at the moment, Tome scour on turn 1 is generally on par with Neonate and better than Looting in a matchup i need to go fast in, and in the matchups I need to be grindy it's usually on par with a looting.

As far as the low land count goes, you just need to aggresively mull for hands that do stuff, and hope you dont get a hand with only a single Mine.

Yes, but the advantage of stuff like Neonate and Looting is that you can choose to draw in case you're looking for specific stuff, like lands for example. Tome Scour dumps everything in the yard. Also, for 1 CMC you can just as well use Shriekhorn, easier to cast too and you're able to mill 6 cards through it. I can imagine that it doesn't matter that much, but to state that it's better than looting seems a bit of an overstatement. Really curious to what your 60 looks like then.

Also, Tome Scour can't get cards from your hand into your yard, so you have to rely on a random five from the top.

I don't like Shriekhorn, because it takes 3 turns to do what Scour does in 1.

I still play Looting and Neonate, I'm just saying I like Scour.

Just got off my phone, this is what my 75 looks like at the moment.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-08-16-dredge/

litterally no one runs a playset of become immense

it is literally the best card in your deck

Looks neato, happy with the bridges? I started cutting them because they never really performed on their own enough/felt like a bad imitation of Vintage/Legacy.

I run pretty much the same creature base, but with Haunted Dead instead of the Skaab, for surprise blocking.

Burning Inquiry is one of these love it or hate it cards, but they always seemed to fuck with me more than my opponents, so I don't run those anymore.

I'm pretty sure you could lose one Rally though.

>magic.wizards.com/en/content/modern-masters-2017-info

Predictions?

Bridges either win me games or do stone nothing, but more often than not it makes blocking for the opponent really bad, so I like them. Obviously side 2 of them out when I bring in Darkblasts, or are playing against decks with lots of small blockers or sac outlets.

The second rally used to be in the side, but I put it into the main for a faster game 1 clock instead of a Darkblast.
Replaced the Rally from the board with a 3rd Gnaw, because my meta has a bunch of burn/affinity/other aggro.

I love burning inquiry. My favourite thing with it is playing against Infect, I played it t1 on a risky keep, opp discards forest, inkmoth, misty, and I discard 2 dredgers and an Amalgam.

A Damnation reprint hopefully

goblin guide.

Thought Knot

Lightning bolt with new art.

Nah man, it should be Lightning Bolt with no flavor text and with Alpha art in memory of Christopher Rush.

The only thing I could think that would help out Thopter Sword is something like looting effects that help get Sword in the graveyard, and efficient Thopter creating effects that could use the sword for a beatdown plan if the combo isn't going off.

Just play it in a Esper Gifts control shell, you can literally tutor for anything with that.

>trip through Innistrad amd Return to Ravnica
Shocks
Lily
Snappy
Decay
Voice

>goyf at mythic
>liliana (new art) at mythic
>snapcaster at mythic
>bunch of shit non-sense nobody uses at rare, uncommons and commons
>shitty packaging, limited printing, high msrp, damaged cards

just the usual modern masters

Only mm2 was bad

Esper Gifts is too slow for the format. What needs to happen is for Kaladesh to somehow facilitate an aggro/midrange deck that can survive without the combo, and then sometimes blow out the game with it later on.

What's wrong with her neck

>her

too much choking

>implying

I just bought out Phantasmagorian. I'm a masochist.

>Phantasmagorian
It's my first magic card ever
Does it see play anywhere ?

Manaless dredge in legacy, I think.

Perhaps some memedecks in modern.

Nobody plays bad cards like that. You're retarded for buying any copies

I only have one copy, someone gave it to me a long time ago
That's why it's my first magic card ever
I know it's shit

Manaless dredge doesn't function without it.

Why don't you inform yourself properly before spouting shit, you dumb faggot?

It is seeing play in manaless dredge in Legacy, and some T9 memecombo modern decks play it.

Extinct yourself

I would love that so much. And no flavour text either.

This is the modern thread

Wow, the powerful dredge engine still does alright when you put a few shit cards in it. Put some broodstars in affinity and I'm sure you'll win a few games too. Maybe try a bit less edge too

>doesn't function without it.
Bit of an exaggeration

How good is Temur Delver right now ? I'm tempted to buy into it. The deck seems fun and I love tempo.

I see it took you 10 minutes to write that witty reply, mister Dredge Expert.
Are you genuinely this fucking dense that you believe people will maindeck a playset of a dead cards just because?

You're the dumpster-tier player here, seeing as you've been proven wrong on Phantasmagorian.

Come back when you top 8 an event with broodstar affinity. Until then, kindly fuck off.

It absolutely trashes decks with little interaction like infect, affinity, abzan coco as well as burn.

Midrange is difficult but with the printing of Bedlam reveler we have an amazing sideboard plan against them.

You're replying to obvious bait and getting incredibly mad. Please take a break dude

How does Bedlam Reveler helps against midrange ? Just a way to refill your hand ?

Yes. You get into topdeck mode and refill as well as have a big prowess dude. Normally they're at low life from beats and killing themselves too.

Maybe it doesn't seem that great but it works. I should mention I bring in a couple other totally fair cards like blood moon

Could you share your list ? The only competitive Temur Delver lists I could find are a bit outdated.

I've switched out a mana leak for remand but otherwise I'm playing this.

Sideboard is
4x Traverse (may cut one)
3x Bedlam
2x Pyroclasm
2x Blood Moon
2x Natural State
1x Grafdigger's
1x Pithing Needle

The monkey grow forum is a decent resource on mtgsalvation. Modern nexus also runs articles on the deck frequently.

I'm thinking about getting back into Magic, how badly would a competent modern Goblin deck rape my wallet?

Competent might be a big word for a Goblin deck, but look up 8Whack and see what it will cost.

Thanks that helps a lot.

How do you deal with dredge with a single cage in your sideboard ?

mm1 was VERY limited and had a bunch of draft bulks too.
Yes it was better than mm2 but that's not saying much