How would you go about building a kingdom in 5e?

how would you go about building a kingdom in 5e?

pic related in a very loose way, i guess

There should be a third book and they should be arranged in a pyramidal formation

As in 5e D&D? Find some exploit to make infinite money and buy it.

the author died in WWII before he could finish Feudal Society

its a great work on society during 10th to 13th century western/central european history, regardless

As a DM or as a player?

I'm kind of interested in both. My players are currently evacuating their homeland from an apocalyptic event they uncovered, and might be forced to carve out a new homeland elsewhere.

I found 'A Magical Society - Western Europe' to be pretty good.

I'll post some stuff you might find useful

Here's Adventurer Conqueror King's alternate domain system, which is just 10 pages. Should be readily compatible with 5e, maybe with a bit of tweaking.

>believing your DM would let this shit happen

I bet you signed up to that shitty Player's Manifesto

I'm not familiar, but the implication is horrifying.

Well first you're going to need a king. Then you need to get that king some dirt. Then you take some people, call them "subjects," and make them live on the king's dirt. Bam. Kingdom.

thanks mate, not the OP, but its time to read some books

You know historians are rejecting that there ever existed a feudal system now right? Its a meaningless word soon

Not OP. I can see the many failures of a too-broad definition of feudalism, but what then do we call the political and economic system in which land is held (at least nominally) by the sovereign, which is divided into land tenures to the aristocracy, who then define the commons and land tenures of villeins and other serfs within their demesne; where land rent dominates in the form of a goods-paying rather than cash; and the mass of labor is in some way bonded to either the land itself or to a set of economic obligations to a lord?