Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Would you like to see more tauric races in Bloodforge: Infusions? I think the only taur we have in DSPfinder is the decataur. They're cute, but could we use more?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HEfOp_pz_j4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Goddamn you complete fuck.

Please put on a trip so you can start getting banned.

Mooooooooooods!

Fuck I was late. I was gonna post a new thread with the new AP book as a picture but this autist beat me to making a new thread.

So make a new one and link to it in the old thread, we can all just stop posting in this one.

Fuck you OP

>Huge buff well-dressed gentleman martial princess-carrying the adorable, fashionable sorceress after she twists her ankle wearing heels at a nobleman's party

That would never happen, everyone knows magic feet slot items turn into magically comfy heels for girls and cute boys!

Why don't your characters wear heels, /pfg/?

Redpill me on Path of War 1. What's wrong with it and why does it need errata so badly?

Quick example:
>5th level character with Steel Flurry Strike, Bronze Knuckle, and any +1d6 stance (there are tons of these
>18d6 bonus damage as a standard action, before accounting for your weapon damage, which, with a sansetsukon, is basically 3d10+4.5*STR+whatever

Specifically I've got a game where we're all starting at level 1 with 25pb. I want to make a not-paladin with a bigass sword, so I'm making an OD/ZS warder with Scarlet Throne and Silver Crane.

Apparently this is overpowered? Even compared to Color Spray/Sleep?

I don't want to make an unarmed character though.

>I don't want to make an unarmed character though.
Sansetsukon isn't unarmed. Alternatively, take a greatsword and Weapon Group Adaptation to use the greatsword with Broken Blade.

Damage alone can never break games, you doofus.

A level 5 wizard is way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than any PoW1 character shitting out damage, isn't he?

Would you rather have a level 5 wizard or a level 5 full "broken" PoW1 warlord/warder/whatever in your game?

>hurr numbers can't be too high
You're fucking retarded.

What about Silver Crane and Scarlet Throne at level 1 then? Are they still broken?

Not at level 1, but Scarlet throne gets combos comparable to what I said above for Broken Blade by around level 5. Within 10% damage difference or so, being slightly weaker.

Damage CAN'T be too high. There's an upper limit (enough to one shot enemies).

A level 5 wizard is already taking multiple enemies out of any fight AND doing tons of crap out of combat.

Tell me again, would you rather have a level 5 wizard or a level 5 full broken PoW1 warder/warlord/whatever?

I'd rather have the wizard.

Same as this one:
I'd rather have a wizard than someone with stupid high numbers to the point of trivialising CR+5 enemies.
Especially if the initiator in question can do AoE damage and wipe out multiple enemies.

You all are aware this has never once been used in a game, right?

Some people actually go for it quite frequently.
I'm currently DM'ing a campaign and I'm having a bit of a difficulty scaling encounters as our Warder deals more damage than the rest of the party, taken together.

Not true. Had a PoW game where the gm allowed that crap. Everyone said either kick the munchkin or kick us, he chose to give up

Oh god its you

actually to elaborate. The final straw was when we were supposed to fight a lich with 5 more levels then we head ontop of being a lich. He fullrounded the lich and the lichs 2 skeleton body guards. We were supposed to flee the fight and it basically derailed the game.

No, it didn't, because it didn't happen.

Nope.

[Citation Needed]

Here's your (you)

I think it's cute. Fuck the haters.

Better Thread

cute the first few times, 100th or so fuck it. Need some variety.

Stop doing this. You're worse.

Anime waifu Ren & Stimpy Catdog?

How do I make an X-TREEM character who uses a BMX (like an actual BMX bandit), roller skates, a skateboard, or something equally ridiculous?

There's got to be some technological item for it, right?

Hey EhnJolly, how do YOU rule kitsune vigilantes to work? The whole dual identity thing, I mean.

My GM thinks Scything Strike at level one is overpowered, so apparently yes.

no, he isn't

Doesn't Mithral Current have a level 1 strike that's even better?

Does Pathfinder have a BALANCED merfolk race yet?

Like, one with a legit fish lower body but still balanced.

Iirc, it's a Piercing Thunder each, but it's Scything Strike with a +5 reach incease.

Check out Cerulean Seas by Alluria. Like, 3/4 of the races are variations of merfolk.

No, no, Mithral Current, Tidal Blade.

Totally better than Piercing Thunder's Piercing Strike, which is ass.

What class should I be if I want to be a Dex/Cha assassin in nothing but a slinky dress and high heels?

... At level 1?

Chabinger

Someone mentioned Aerial Wings from bloodforge, last thread, and how it required Vestigial Wings (the feat). I remember there was discussion about whether the tiefling ART counted for that or not, but I don't remember the result. Not that I have high hopes for being allowed to take it since >3pp, but I can dream can't I?

Also, thank you based pathminder site creator for saving me the trouble getting and digging through a BF pdf.

What 3pp is allowed?

If your DM was cool, almost anything that granted weak wings or a glide speed could count.

Doesn't exist. Still uses armor and/or a long coat.

Paizo only.

What races in Paizo/Bloodforge are TOO powerful to allow at the table?

What race is the thing in the OP?

Aasimar/tiefling/skinwalker decataur?

It's some weebshit race DSP made.

it's danbooru fapbait

The wizard, no question. 200% easier to DM for.

Why would it be easier to GM for a narrative breaking level 5 WIZARD than a level 5 PoW1 warder/warlord/whatever?

How can you seriously say that?

He's pretty cool and very lenient, but not well versed with 3pp, so if he does allow it he'd probably go with that. That still doesn't really answer whether it was ever confirmed as "officially" working with the ART in place of the feat, though.

>captcha makes me select street signs twice, trains three times, then popcorn
>five captchas in a row, all of which were successful
Captcha pls

Because I have a lot of experience DMing for wizards and optimized martials.

When someone plays an optimized wizard, they have a massive amount of narrative power. This is /good/ because it expands the amount of stories I can bring to my players, makes their thumbprint on the world far more interesting, and, most importantly: it's easy to counter parts of it without making the game unfun for a player.

If a wizard has ten of their fifteen tools accounted for by an encounter, that means that the encounter is difficult but there's still things for them to do, and it remains fun.

For an optimized PoW/barbarian/lance charger/standard damage dealer, they do one thing.

Damage.

If this damage is high enough that it's causing problems, then there's a couple possible solutions:

>(a) counter the player directly. Because of how martials get built, this will, most of the time, basically mean the player's character becomes useless and they sit out of the game for a couple hours. The opposite of a good situation.
>(b) up HP on enemies. This means that the damage can be dealt with, but it's an escalation that causes everyone who /isn't/ a high-damage option significantly less useful, and pushes people towards save-or-X's.
>(c) do nothing. Encounters get ended easily and quickly, which might be fun for a while, but will eventually lose its charm.

So yeah.

Give me a batman wizard any day.

>If the martial isn't able to do damage, they have nothing else to do.

What about combat maneuvers?

>CMD is the highest scaling stat in the game

Oh...

>Optimized PoW striker
>Can only deal damage
That's some top tier bullshit. An optimized PoW character will be able to easily swap between ranged and melee striking, weaving buffing and debuffing into the mix, including stuff that doesn't realy on AoOs and one or two defensive counters at hand at least.

Then I'd suggest rogue, ninja, or something like that. Maybe even bard or vigilante.

>ranged and melee striking
Damage

>weaving buffing and debuffing into the mix
Most of these buffs are just combat buffs, increasing their ability to do more damage. The debuffs are fine, but most of them are mathematically inferior to just picking up Tons of Damage. When discussing a "full broken" PoW 1 character, then I'm gonna assume they went for broke.

Many PoW characters are super fun to play and DM for. The ones that focus buffs and debuffs, or have a wide variety of stuff. But PoW, like charging lances or raging barbarians or archer paladins, still tends to push towards "kills things instantly" levels of damage.

Their tools still tend to be just ways of getting into fights and past obstacles to deal more damage.

>counters
Yeah, that's really good. I like counters and what they do to fights.

But don't all of those use armor?

Won't a full optimized PoW1 damage dealer still be MASSIVELY MASSIVELY outshone in the story department by any wizard?

Who gives a shit? Let him one shot encounters, but the wizard is the one dictating the story.

Addendum: The fact that PoW characters are so good at delivering damage in mixed ways means that if their damage is game-breaking, it makes it even more frustrating to DM for.

See , but add in the fact that damage-focused PoW characters take increasingly arbitrary bullshit to "counter" them and make encounters more interesting.

I like the 6-level initiators and harbinger a lot for this reason; they're cool and PoW is great, but they're ever-so-slightly lower on the power scale for damage, and do interesting things nonetheless.

They don't have to plus you could have either an armored dress, a magic item (later on) that makes your armor look like a dress, or you could maybe go monk.

>Harbinger
>Lower on the scale for damage
Ohhhh boy. You're in for a surprise with these ones.

Yes, they will. This is a problem.

>Let him one-shot encounters
That means that the other four to five players (including the DM) at the table will spend a lot of time basically doing nothing. It's no better a situation than an optimized full caster making everyone else useless out of combat.

I give a shit because encounters are more fun to /run/ when they get every player involved and interested. The other players give a shit because encounters are more fun to play in when they can contribute.

Everyone should be doing stuff both in-combat and out of combat. The fact that wizards and similar casters have disproportionately strong narrative power is a problem as well, and one that takes different fixes. My group tends to handle it by using 6-level casters. Optimized wizards can be frustrating to DM for as well, but for different ways.

But for the question of "wizard or optimized PoW martial?" I definitely prefer the wizard. I would rather the players have strong narrative power that necessitates different stories being told.

Nah. Harbingers focused on strikes do less damage overall.

Compare a Victory Gambit Warlord cycling Time Skitter with Rapid Shot/Manyshot, or a Warder with Seize the Opportunity hitting everything in the fight with Vital Strikes every time they move.

>Voices in the Dark (Ex): Like a dark voice on the edge of hearing, the harbinger persecutes her enemies.
>Starting at 18th level, a harbinger can initiate a strike
whenever she would normally be able to make an attack of opportunity (she still expends the attack of opportunity). She can only initiate strikes with an initiation action of one standard action with this ability.

Comes up far later, but setup this with an Omen Rider w/Seize the Moment, Paired Opportunists (using Horsemaster's Saddle to share feats around) run with SM style line and a 15-20 weapon, swift to activate style then chargepounce, and you end up doing an increasing crapton of damage, particularly if you have standard-action strikes that let you make more than one attack at a time. To note, w/ a Training Weapon and a Dwarf Commander's Helm you can get up to two extra feats to reach the minimum for the build.

Yeah. At level 18, everyone is going to be insane and ridiculous. That's fine.

This stuff I'm saying applies more to the level 5-13ish range, where things are slightly more sane.

But none of these are happening at level 1.

>monk
Not Dex/Cha.

>That means that the other four to five players (including the DM) at the table will spend a lot of time basically doing nothing.

If the PoW1 guy ends the encounter in one turn, then the fight's over and there's no problem.

Well, that's 30 minutes to an hour of nothing. And then the game doesn't really have fights other than that in many cases.

Can somebody else throw an alchemist's bombs?

I think there's a monk archetype somewhere that swaps WIS with CHA.

Is it poor form for a GM to insert magic high heels, pantyhose, and bunnsuits into a treasure hoard?

Just bite the bullet and use a light armor class then either don't use armor or wear a haramaki, it's minimal armor but it's still cloth. You could also wear leathers under the dress.

Sort of? At the very least, it raises a few questions about the person who owns the hoard.

I wouldn't mind at all. My character would wear it.

Depends on the owner.

On a scale of 1 to HOLY SHIT, how bad would it be to allow a Kung-Fu genius style feat for every class.

i.e Swap one Mental stat with another for class features.

What's a decent, balanced way to introduce my group to Path of War? We're starting at level 1 with 25 point buy. Both Path of War and Path of War Expanded are allowed.

Starting at level 3 or 5, for one. 6-level initiators. PoW E disciplines more than PoW 1 ones.

What about a Dex/Cha assassin sorcerer?

The owner of the hoard is a lusty dragon. The dragon uses kidnapped teenage human women unbeknownst to him, secretly kitsune as models for the magic skimpy clothing.

Would you buy this explanation as a player?

Would you be willing to take the gear off the captives?

Then the knife would be largely useless. Sorcerers mostly just need charisma but you could build an eldritch scion magus.

>eldritch scion
Don't you dare inflict that on anyone.

I'd think you'd be magical realming and taking the stuff depends on the character, if the captives are alive, and if they want the stuff gone.

Not if the captives are underage girls like in your picture, user.

Kitsune and human age of adulthood is 15 in Pathfinder!

If, and IF you intend to EVER suffer using the eldritch scion, ask for these houserules:
>4+Int skills/level
>Mystic Focus is swift action, 1 pool point, lasts 1 minute per point used
>mystic focus is a free action to activate if you enhance your weapon at the same time (IE: spend 2 points, enhance weapon and activate focus)

It's not hard to fix, but it's obnoxious AF that it even needs it.

Nope. Broken Blade is broken, rest don't need errata. Except Primal Fury maybe. And Steel Serpent.

Would it be believable to have kitsune whose secondary form was something OTHER than human?

Like an elf, if they grew up in an elven nation?

Or even a halfling?

Bitch, have you SEEN the Scarlet Throne/Shattered Mirror builds 2hu made at level 5?

Or, like, the Elemental Flux/Shattered Mirror builds also at level 5...

Shit man, the EF/SM builds are busted as hell and they don't even use PoW1!

Would a kitsune be relentlessly bullied by other kitsune for having a tiny tail like the one here?

They're ancient relics from a more decadent age and originally belonged to the king Hugo Mars Henfer the third, last ruler of the Paleiboiean empire. He was known for his excessive sexual appetites and exceptional prowess, and is rumoured to have sired hundreds of children, both legitimate heirs and bastards. He was a decent enough ruler, but during his old age strife arose between his children and grandchildren over who should succeed him on the throne. Henfer did name his 32nd son the official heir and managed to keep a lid on it while alive, but after his death civil war erupted even before the coronation of the new king could take place. Literally dozens of his descendants declared themselves king or queen of the empire. Within months it became obvious that no one of them could realistically defeat all the others militarily, negotiations also failed as there were simply too many claimants. The once great capital was abandoned after years of being besieged by varying temporary alliances of Henfer's offspring as noone would let one of the others hold it. The civil war technically continued as a low-intensity conflict with occasional larger campaigns that solidified the splintered empire into increasingly large territories. After a few decades, Henfer's children began to die of old age themselves, and after about a century there were 11 kingdoms where there once had been an empire. De facto at peace with each other by then, Henfer's great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren didn't ever talk much about that history. It was a bit embarrassing to them.

That is a problem when most classes in the game are designed to take on the same encounters, and now find themselves with nothing to do.

>tail
>not bulge

I tried to avoid it. They forced my hand.

>tits
P U F F Y
V U L V A

Have every player's character be able to solo the encounter, let the characters know it, too, and have them roleplay it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HEfOp_pz_j4

I'd say that's reasonable. Any humanoid honestly.

>no tits to be seen
>androgynous
>moonland artist
>perpendicular bulge
>all that's missing is a curvy older woman/milf/mother/his mother walking up and saying "hey, boyo, wanna /ss/?"
SHOTA
DICK

Those are tits dude. Small, but still tits.