AMONKHET, EGYPTIAN PLANE RULED BY BOLAS CONFIRMED

AMONKHET, EGYPTIAN PLANE RULED BY BOLAS CONFIRMED

GET HYPE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CkaX6tyq9pI
youtube.com/watch?v=W__yxEAACQs
magic.wizards.com/en/content/amonkhet-info
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah but that Kimberly chick is the head designer so get ready for WE WUZ kings. And don't forget lesbians, because Kimberly loves her little lesbians. JUST fuck my shit up WotC!

Holy shit that prediction about a egyptian plane was right.

Fuck I want this so much more than Kaladesh right now.

I will predict the plot while the plane like Tarkir will be a mix of white and brown. Black will also be extremely prominent. The story will be there once was a great king who was Black and he was killed by Bolos, now many generations later his offspring will be a Queen that lives in the shadows and she will be a lesbian (WotC will write an article about how they hired a gay consultant) and the gatewatch will work with her and her lover to over throw Bolos control of the plain. But Bolos will blow up the plane and the queen will get her spark and leave as the gate watch leaves. This will be the gatewatch's first major loss and will add the first gay watch member.

I pray I am completely wrong

>implying there will be lesbians

Dem wimminz are for us kangz bruh.

I am physically incapable of getting hyped about anything MTG related after the shit show that was the new Zendikar and Innistrad blocks.

Please keep posting so I know when I might return to the game, after the autistic fucktard(s) running it into the ground right now die.

WE

WUZ

user, what you described is so in line with Wizard's current sjw views that I fear I have to ask you for the lotto number.

KANGZ

You guys seriously want Wizards make a set of nothing but straight white men?

Straight white Christian men, user.

>giving an actual fuck about the plot or characters in a magic set

Don't worry, the cards will be shit too.

If you think the new innistrad block was bad you have objectively bad taste

HOL UP

I can see /tg will be physically incapable of actually discussing this block for at least a month

>>>/plebbit/

SO YOU BE SAYIN
*smacks lips*
WE FINNA BE
*drops pants*
SOME KINA
*steals a TV*
PLAENSWALKAHS AN' SHEEEET

Thread Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=CkaX6tyq9pI

Sultai region was not egyptian area...

So we have exactly one image of the set, but we already have the one meme that will be spam to death for months.
Great.

>Ruled by Bolas
Source? Nothing I'very seen about Amonkhet has mentioned him. If he's involved I will be very hype.

tbhfam, I'm more excited about Commander Anthology and Archenemy 2. I don't give two shits about WEWUZ unless it has Mummy tribal

Watch the Announcement Day video.
youtube.com/watch?v=W__yxEAACQs

I think he's just going by those big horns in the background

Who's Ana Cordero?

Ana Cordero

the sigil of bolas is literally all over that image user. The doors are in its shape the the pyramid in the background has it on there three times. Not to mention the giant Bolas horns behind the anubis head.

magic.wizards.com/en/content/amonkhet-info

the cringe is real

Why would you be angry about a potentially awesome set being ruined by social justice shit before anything is announced

Why would you do that to yourself

Aether Revolt symbol is like Bolas head.
Kaladesh may be just a prologue for Bolas story...

Being a minority, I would still prefer than another Khans-level inclusion fest.

>Kaladesh starts as a UW vs UR story of orderly inventors and slapdash Izzet-style experimenters
>Bolas intervenes and brings enough black to the UR side that they revolt
>The UW side buddy up with the elves to try and restore order
>Grixis vs Bant: Indian edition

Just have the brits put down the rebellion

Never understood the "we wuz kangs n sheeit" issue.

I mean, even if egyptians weren't black they were still really really beige.

A black man said something stupid in a stupid voice. There's nothing to understand, it's shitposting

Set needs Exodia.
>an uncounterable wincon for Ad Nauseam
>Standard would finally have a combo deck.

It's a combination of /pol/-tier hyperbole of the black identity and black nationalism sentiments combined with a shitpost audio file.

So, you know? Normal internet stuff.

Blacks want them to prove that they were (and by extension, are still) relevant. Historians and virtually everyone else doesn't care.

It's kinda like when the durka durkas try to claim credit for algebra or Persia or when the Chinks claim continuity with ancient China. The west does this too, half the monarch titles in Europe are references to Caesar - we wuz Romanz n sheeeeeit.

Because it's a more succinct form of communicating the incivility of negroes (and brevity is the soul of wit, as one knows) than pointing out that it is statistically probably that somewhere in America, in any given waking hour, a negro is committing rape. Negroes rape several thousand whites every year; whites rape negroes at a rate of "how many years back do we have to dig to find a single case"? But crime statistics and other walls of text are booooring, so you get WE WUZ KANGS as a much briefer mockery of the supposed accomplishments of a rape-happy, murderous, retarded criminal underclass that people are sick and tired of having to pander to.

When members of group A are raping members of group B a thousand times more often than the reverse, it really fucking grates on group B to be told that they're the ones supposedly /oppressing/ group A. Collectively, institutionally and structurally oppressing, even.

Personally I still find WE WUZ KANGS preferable to lynch mobs, which would arguably not be an entirely unjustified response to sexual proclivities of negroes.

Found the klansmen.
We can all go home now.

Nothing he said was wrong, though, even if he does hate blacks.

Given how much we fetishize Rome and shit, despite the Rome we fetishize being super fucking dead and we having no real tie, just friggin' give them Egyptian history.

>pulls rape stats out his ass.

>truth

bullshit

I don't actually hate blacks. I have contempt for blacks (on average). I hate the segment of the political class that uses blacks as a prop in a "good cop, bad cop" play: grovel and acknowledge your racism and fund some more Africana Studies, or Malcolm X will be by to burn down your neighborhood. If there weren't blacks around, these politicals would find some other mob to use the same script with.

Y'all ready for chocolate elves, or do you think they'll keep them white/light tan?

What prediction?

>a gay consultant
gotta have that extra insight in the intricate mysteries of fellatio and buttsex.

You can look these up on the FBI website yourself.

It crosses the ocean, too. Sweden actually stopped recording the ethnicity of rapists because it was always a north African or an Arab.

Ultimately it's the weird racial dichotomy that America has. All of history can be sorted into whites or blacks.

If Jesus wasn't white, he was black. If Hannibal wasn't white, he was black. If the Egyptian weren't white, they were black.

Because no one can accept the fact that the majority of people are some shade of brown.

I'm 90% sure there's gonna be Phyrexians on Kaladesh. The story today has an inventor accidentally ripping holes into the Blind Eternities. If that doesn't end up letting Phyrexians in, I will buy a hat and eat it.

>You can look it up! It's totally legit!
Show us.
Link actual proof.
You're convincing no one.

>Christian
You get that shit out of here. You can worship Cosi, Urza, Avacyn, or nothing.

We yugioh now

returning mechanic is going to be traps

Thanks guys, all I saw was the OP pic and two pages on the Wizards site. Now then

BOLAS CONFIRMED
I AM SO
FUCKING
READY

> announcing this before kaladesh spoilers

is kaladesh the designated shitting plane ?

It's finally happening
Egypt world
It's one. Of the worlds I most desires. Its here. Bless you wizards.

I'm really not that invested, dude.

They announced Kaladesh before Innistrad 2 spoilers.

This is just how they do things now.

>floating pyramid tops

That is such a terrible sci-fi cliché.

You say that to Bolas' face

Or stargate. We getting pyramid spaceships.

>what is statistical fallacy

Blacks rape more whites than the reverse because there are more white people than black people. Same goes for every other instance of "black on white crime." Show me the statistics adjusted for population and we'll talk.

The statistics adjusted for population show that blacks commit way too fucking much crime for how mercifully few of them there are. East asians, not whites, are the most law abiding per capita.

>bullshit
I shall charitably interpret this as a polite request for citations to a neutral source.

US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, National Crime Victimization Survey, table "Percent distribution of single-offender victimizations, by type of crime, race of victim, and perceived race of offender" (usually table #42 in the last few printings), entry for white victim, black offender, category rape/sexual assault.

I've made my own estimates on roughly how long a rapist will engage in his crime and what fraction of "rape/sexual assault" are rape proper, which you may not share, but whatever numbers you plug in for them, the raw data clearly indicates that interracial rape in America is a thoroughly one-sided affair.

>Blacks rape more whites than the reverse because there are more white people than black people. Same goes for every other instance of "black on white crime." Show me the statistics adjusted for population and we'll talk.

No, you're the one engaging in statistical fallacy here. Majority group can reasonably be expected to commit more /total/ crime because they are majority of offenders; not so in interracial crime, where group sizes appear in both numerator and denominator (there are both more possible white offenders and more possible white victims; the number of possible intergroup interactions is identical both ways).

But sure, adjust for population. Because in most of the NCVS data by year, the estimate for white-on-black rape/sexual assault that year is _zero_ (with a footnote about "small sample size", aka sample size also being zero in this case, lol) and the estimate for black-on-white is thousands or tens of thousands.

>jatice league is going to btfo bolas

It's going to happen

So then you're full of bullshit and are trying to play it off cool when you get called out.

A more interested party already indulged you, if you scroll up. I suppose you'll tell him facts are racist, though.

>he politely ignores how most of those crimes is either petty theft, aka purse snatching, or white people going to the hood to score drugs and getting rolled
>also doesn't check the statistics for conviction rates, which stand at 95%+ in all arrests
>or how most of these statistics come from the same handful of blighted, destitute urban centers that have been shitholes literally for generations
>but statistics with zero context are almighty!

>Egypt plane
>As expected /pol/ feels the need to crawl out of the woodworks and shit up the thread.
Weren't you guys going to quit magic or something over your dreaded Ess-Jay-Dub-Us?

>factz iz racis yo dat white bitch had it comin nahwhaimsayin EYYYYY

You mean like black do most of the crime despite being a minority in the u.s.a standing by the gov site?

Why not address his point instead of doing an infantile imitation of how stereotypical blacks communicate?

Your turn to post a citation.

What if the plot is that the original Coptic Egyptian kings were overthrown by evil Nubian invaders that worshipped Bolas?
Oh wait black people can't be villain ever.

Your both equally cancerous and should stay in your containment boards.

When I heard about Kaladesh as the next one, I thought the Egypt guy was bullshitting.

But now we know it was truth. Anyone have a screencap of what he said? Or an archive link?

You don't make a point. You try and argue that the crime doesn't count because it was "petty" or the victims had it coming, as if either were relevant. Stupidities get stupid responses.

>Why not address his point instead of doing an infantile imitation of how stereotypical blacks communicate?
Because as explained at and then demonstrated in this very thread, posting arguments gets people demanding stats, posting stats gets people demanding citations, posting citations gets people complaining that the citations are oversampling urban blight, et cetera, and so it bogs down into basically "nuh uh" "uh huh" with fancier words. Nobody's being convinced anyway; shitposting memes is much more fun and an easier way to rile up your tribe against the other tribe.

They can in Magic.

The real problem with Magic now is that non-Planeswalkers can't be....anything.

>we wuz kangs
>not a reddit meme

Kaladesh is next. Egypt plane is the one after Kaladesh.

It needs a name like the Chewbacca Defense.

what an insightful nonshitpost this is

It's not entirely accurate but close enough for me to be suspicious

Oh man I really hope we get more traps on Amunkhet

In ways more than one if you know what I mean

He's absolutely wrong on everything but Egypt plane though.
>Name of world
That's wrong but I'll give it a pass
>Small scale mystery plot
Bolas is off his throne, and probably doing shit. That's not a "small scale mystery"
>Completely seperate from any other storyline
Nicol Bolas
>Both names of the sets are almost completely off.
Only thing right is that both of the second sets have huge "FFFFUUUUUCK!" names.

Going to agree with this user in at least one way.

>Oh man I hope we get more traps on Amonkhet
Yes
>In more ways than one if you know what I mean
No

It has a lot of historical spirit science backround to it.

Leave Bolas to me...

>both /pol/ and 40k fags will descend on these threads

The containment boards aren't working....

>Weren't you guys going to quit magic or something over your dreaded Ess-Jay-Dub-Us?
No that was a "threat" they made. They seem to think that anyone gives a fuck about them and are hoping their threats will cause someone to pay attention and completely change the entire creative direction MtG is taking. The reason they haven't just fucked off already is because they knew quitting will hurt them 100x more than WoTC; assuming the latter even notice. So here they are, shitting up thread after thread.

This one

Holy shit, that user was right all along.

Yeah it's not very accurate. Guess it was just my initial reaction of him getting the egypt plane thing right.

On another topic the product info mentions five gods. Will those be proper Theros style gods, some vague "not getting their own card" stuff or some bullshit made by Bolas?

>that Kimberly chick

is there something she's done lately I should be aware of? assume i know nothing about magic writing/stories/lore