Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Objectively Superior To Thrall edition

The Horde's Greatest Hero edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs.

Previous thread:

Reminder that arthas was a real human bean and a true herrow

Does anyone else ever think about how badly they fucked up integrating silver moon into the rest of the horde cities?

Legion. All satyrs were made by the legion.

Xavius is like Cho'gall, he's on the side of whoever seems the coolest at the time

Is he still azshara's lackey?

Xavius works for the Legion. He's using the Nightmare for power, which was originally a creation of the Old Gods.

You'd think the legion higher-ups would find that a conflict of self-interest.

>was
Yeah, for like 3 missions in the campaign

Thats not Garrosh

Burning crusade fucked the lore

Xavius is still a thing?

Doubt it. The Shadow Priest Knaifu says the Nightmare was Yogg-Saron's creation, and he's dead now, so I'm sure the Legion is okay with grabbing the reins of what seems to be just a non-sentient metaphysical tumor and using it to open a second front against the people who beat them the first time.

Plus, assuming it's mostly Kil'jaeden calling the shots on this one, we don't know how much he and the rest of the Legion infrastructure even know about Sargeras's hateboner for the Void and the Old Gods, or whether he just points them at planets and says "Yo, burn that shit" and they don't ask for any more reason than that because they're demons.

yes.

Not N'zoth, for whom corruption is his thing?

>Xal'atath whispers: To see Yogg-Saron's nightmare in full bloom fills me with jealousy... and some pride.

Why has his tongue been nailed to his stomach?

Just because he leads the nightmare, doesn't mean he can't live his own.

This design seems totally wrong for Xavius.

I like it, very monstrous and try-hardy.

If I were a warlock, I'd enslave him.

Mom's gonna freak!

I think Xavius should look wiry and thorny. Like a standard satyr, only more so

I agree. He was always depicted as an immensely strong and brilliant Satyr, rivaling Malfurion and even Azhara at her time, but he never showed it through visual effects. It's smarter to appear weak, and then show your enemies that you're not. Sounds like something Xavius would do instead of this shit.

t. thrall

Mercenaries didn't happen till mission 9 or 10 user.

Yeah, he's more the evil goatee vizir type using subtle spells and manipulation than some sadistic demon bully with whatever is in his back.

Kinda wish they had made Xavius a boss in every expansion and he always escapes, leaving behind loot until now when we can finally defeat him in Legion. That would have made me want to play the game again, just to finally stick it to him.

I'm glad I can finally snuggle up with Rexxar on those cold Broken Isles nights. Is there anyone who can give better hugs?

The old official WoW lore site did mention that most demons don't give a fuck about Sargers' vision. They just like setting things on fire.

Apparently he shows up as a more normal satyr (although with the red and black color scheme Emerald Nightmare seem to be going with), and only shows as mr. Always Skip Leg Day when he's a raidboss.

Are there friendly naga in Legion?

>Warcraft
>lore

Too bad they never really did anything with the Emerald Nightmare before Legion, despite it being mentioned all the way back in vanilla (well, there were those four corrupted dragon worldbosses). Didn't they originally resolve the plotline offscreen in some novel?

They did, it was so they could bring back Malfurion in time for Cata.

>4 portals to the Dream since vanilla
>Raid bosses guarding said portals
>Game files contain an entire area and some props
>Only thing you ever see in-game is just phasing and some filter slapped on

He's so lonely, must be the best in the world at that.

You had the Sunken Temple too, related to Eranikus, yet another corrupted dragon. Said Eranikus also came back as a wolrdboss for the last AQ opening quest (aka midnight server stress test).

Sunken temple was so weird. Infested with Hakkar-worshipping trolls and then all of a sudden nightmare-corrupted green dragons.

So I just finished Stormheim, and it's as if Blizzard made Skyrim here. Even if, getting a lore dump for the Vry'kul has reignited my 7 or so year old question of why the fuck aren't they playable yet. Maybe it's just me liking old viking stuff, but getting a glimpse into their pantheon and the origins of the Kvaldir left me hyped again. Alliance could do with a really tall race, plus they're an offshoot of the titan-forged, which also fits into what many of the alliance's ancestries lie. Plus with how hyper aggressive they are, it'd be easy to keep up the red vs blue without constantly painting the Horde as either incompetent or plain evil.

No clue what race could go Horde to compensate.

>pic related is just how I've played my gnome rogue since the start of Legion.

>tfw legion isn't here yet
t-tomorrow it is then

Alliance has their tall races in NE and Worgen, but i honestly think they could just add new beards and hairstyles to humans to represent a refreshed interest in their ancestry. Horde could get moosehorns.

Where do you live, china? Legion's been out for two days.

I paid for it with a gift card and it was sent monday night with 48h-72h travel time.
>mfw the shop that sends it it's literally 30 minutes from my house but I can't pick up on store

>Vrykulaboo humans
kek

>Horde gets shitty Player 2 color-pallet Tauren
>Not Nerubians
>Not the Nerubians who have already been set up with Cata removing the alliance-side Azjol'nerub quests
you fucked up
big time

>Cata removing the alliance-side Azjol'nerub quests
wut.
Isn't azjol wrath?

yea
they updated the single nerubian quest giver in wotlk with i think a single new quest that was horde-only

Horde would get Ogres (finally) to their extra-tall humanoid race.

I feel you user.

Vrykuls for alliance, Ogres for Horde.

Boom, done.

>mfw when I realised World Quests were actually quests that would scale with your level, can choose to do any zone whenever wherever

Well played Blizz, well played.

>Vry'kul and High Mountain Tauren sometimes just butt heads on eye contact, bashing pointy hats against moose horns
>this is somehow considered casual greetings among them, as a friendly test of strength, and helps with diplomatic relations between red and blue somehow

Blizzard pls, this expansion is already good, just make this happen and I might take back all I said about you, or at least most.

I'm surprised no one ever complains the Vrykuls are just giant humans when they come up as a possible race.

I feel as if they make Vrykul ever playable, they would be neutral and there's plenty of reason to allow that, they could be attracted to the horde for all that Honor and Glory culture.

They probably (certainly) would be complains about that, but people are never happy.

But vrykuls and ogres would be complicated to implement from the start for a very simple reason. They're too tall. There's a metric fuckton of doors they wouldn't be able to pass. Already in standard cities you end up having to dismount to pass this or that door, god forbid you have something like an elixir of the giant or a vrykuls horn active.

That's another thing, what if additional races have limits that make them double as player challenges?

Like, if you're ogre, you can't fly ever.

Help me i'm actually liking the lore and stories we're seeing in Legion so far.

Yeaj, well Worgens are just humans who occasionally get fluffy.

this could have all been avoided if we had just purged all the harvest witches

This I would be okay with, as the similarities in their war driven culture, they can still feel a certain kinship.

Though after Sylvanas' shenanigans in Stormheim almost upsetting their pantheon, I don't think that's something they would easily forgive.

>again, the bitch queen drives another faction into the alliance

This is the real reason we probably won't get them though. Unless you make them JUST as tall as Tauren and more hunched to hide their true height, it'd be hard to pull off.

>implying getting based Genn Greymane into the picture is a bad thing

>Implying worgen are not a great addition as the alliance darker, fiercer side

>Based Genn

GILNEAS WILL BE REBORN!

Also had the least useful instance map of the game.

make Gilneas great again?

> Playable nerubians
> Falling on your preys from the celling
The starting zone would be too spooky, people may side with the Scourge/Faceless/whatever enemies they would have.

Come on user, let's not start down this road.

Vrykul are too fucking tall and don't give a fuck about your Alliance, you midget milkdrinker

I really like Worgen, I just wish their models were better. They look kinda bad now compared to the new models.

Any Stormgarde fans?

For the longest time until this quest I thought it was stormgarde. I feel like an idiot.

>implying they wouldn't be impressed by the Alliance's honor and ferocity after stopping Sylvanas's shitfest trying to chain one of their figures of worship for guaranteed immortality

Let me dream.

Sylvanas is still a lost cause staining the integrity of the Horde, and based Genn will lead us to victory

So, what interesting racial abilities would the two have, Krul and Ogres?

Would either need a racial mount?

Give ogres rhinos and Vrykul... Something. Bears? Big ass bear mounts?

> /flirt ing as a female belf dh
> "Demon Hunters take on the powers of the demons they killed. Did I tell you that I slew a whole army of succubi?"

Is that a bad thing user?
It's ok to not hate things.

>It's ok to not hate things.
Wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

Naaaah vrykuls could get proto-proto drakes, without the wings, like small T-Rexes.

On a board where we can discuss a game without having to skimming through memes and shitposting. Thank fuck for that.

Shoveltusk and thunder lizard/clefthoof/kodomodel, probably.

If you're a demon hunter you still get Lady Vashj loyalists as allies in your order hall, but apparently they don't see eye to eye with the main Azshara-worshipping Naga.

That's sexist as fuck, i'm offended. Remove it!

>Lady Vashj
Say what?

Can Blizzard just shit out a list of all the characters they're going to rezz already? It gets tiring killing something to watch it pop back a few xpac later.

I read that as sexiest assfuck, Im rearended Remove it!

>Lady Vashj loyalists
He didn't mention she herself lives, but rather that some of her Naga stayed loyal to Illidan even after she herself died.

they didn't res lady vashj, she's still dead, but there are still naga loyal to her ideals.

>might I remind you that a volcano issssss no placccce for naga
the demon hunter quests are fun

Bitch if my kind did a whole questline Under Da Sea, you can bring your scaly ass to a volcano.

Who's the human chick in that pic?

Li-Ming, the Diablo III wizard.

Diablo 3 sorceress.

N O

F U T U R E

>2 cinematics
>absolutely based each time

Really glad with what they did with him.

>random generic enemies get new models
>harpies are now flying Jewesses
thanks for the boner Blizz

At least they can walk now.

not for long

Blood DK, Vengeance DH or Resto druid for this expac?

Blood DK for me.

The fact that they finally feel like a 3rd party and Bolvar bitchslapping pretty much everyone made me come back to them.

We do what the living cannot.

(spoilered image but forgot filename... fuck)