Tell me about that character you've had in mind but have yet to play Veeky Forums

Tell me about that character you've had in mind but have yet to play Veeky Forums.

Whats their back story?

Afghanistan/Iraq War veteran with subtle PTSD (he's still functional, not some kind of drama queen) who is currently a DEA agent.

Yes, I did recently watch Sicario.

We're planning on setting up a M&M game in the Four colors setting and I put this together the other night.

Alan Tully. Veteran of the Great war. Returns home a changed and stoic man. He finds work as an Ice deliveryman and spends a year or two doing that. Keeping mostly to himself.

One chilly morning he's out at the lake cutting out blocks like he's always done. Except he stumbles across some bootleggers executing someone. They catch him. Beat him withing an inch of his life. Throw him in the boot of their car and drive him into the woods and dump his body in a ditch with the other corpse.

He manages to struggle to his feet once they've gone. Dizzy disorented and unsure which way leads back to civilization. He spends 4 days in the cold.

But that cold isn't what gets to him
The hunger isn't what gets to him.
Its the silence. Everything muffled by snow.
And he's struck by the juxtuposition of it from his time in the trenches. It drives him a bit mad but he's powers through it and eventually makes peace with it.

On the Third evening he's managed to get some sort of fire going to keep warm. He huddles close to it listening to the crackle and feeling its warmth.

He closes is eyes and holds his breath for a moment to prevent his beard from frosting further. -- And the crackle of the fire ceases.

He opens them to see the fire is still burning.
He exhales. And the sound picks up.

He's developed the ability to create a sound nullifying field around him while he holds his breath.

He makes it back to civilization. Now thought dead.
And becomes a masked detective. "The Silence"

The character that has been at the back of my mind for the longest time has been a Heretek.

They aren't so much for the full-blown chaos artificer method of 'shove demons into it until it works,' but rather a fringe radical who actually wants to build up an understanding of the various technologies they work with.

A mechanically-augmented genius, they actually grasp a lot of how things work intuitively, but to test their theories they insist on taking things apart to see how they work, and then putting them back together again.

Now, with your basic las-gun or even the occasional bolter, I imagine that's relatively simple and standard. A certain amount of low-grade tech heresy is probably to be expected and to some extent tolerated in brilliant young tech-priests.

But once they have an understanding of the most basic of the imperium's technologies, able to disassemable and reassemble basic weapons, basic machine parts, basic armour just from their understanding of how it works rather than rote knowledge, they start to turn their curious ocular-perceptors to rarer technologies, more difficult to understand.

Plasma guns, power fists, entire tanks- maybe even terminator armour.

But when they try to take these more precious items apart, well, that's when the imperium's machine cult comes down on them like a ton of bricks.

Forced to flee, leaving their research behind, they fall in with cultists and monsters, resenting the fleshbags both for their ignorance, but also for their veneration of petty and malicious gods as they try and build their own cult of enlightened tinkerers - only to probably eventually fall to the seductive power of chaos, maybe selling their internal servos to tzeentch for a shot at some genuine knowledge, who knows?

Oh, and their sarcastic autonomous servo-skull minion called Severus Cranius

The son of an innkeeper in a small town, as a boy he always wanted to travel the world, have adventures and stuff.
His uncle, a retired adventurer and captain of the town watch, decided to teach the kid the basics of swordsmanship.
At 15, a few days before his coming of age, he was wandering in the forest when he came across a recently dead adventurer. He brought the body back to town for a proper burial, keeping the man's swords for himself.
He spoke to his father again about his desire to travel and make a name for himself. His father acquiesced, on the condition that he wait until his two younger brothers were old enough to help out around the inn. He agreed, and spent his free time for the next two years figuring out how to use two swords together.
Once his brothers were old enough, he signed on as a guard with a passing trade caravan, and left to find adventure.
At the start of the campaign his contract with the caravan has just ended, and he's looking for more work.
The swords are a longsword and shortsword, of good but unremarkable, craftsmanship, though clearly meant to be a pair.

Still trying to decide whether to give him a sweetheart back home to write letters to, or just have him send them to his little brothers.

Grognag the Barbarian, Human Fighter.
His mother is the "Queen" of a small conglomeration of Barbarian tribes. Named her son "Grognag the Barbarian" to show people that he doesn't fuck around. But he grew up to be more interested in academia than Barbarism. Learned everything that the Barbarians in his tribe could tell him, plus what little snippets he could from prisoners.

He believes he got an amazing education, and eventually decided to strike out on his own to teach all those who were not fortunate enough to have an education like his. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, he is as stupid as he is stubborn.

Believes that the sun is an illusion created by mages to one day hold the world hostage, that goblins have a secret committee that runs the world, and other such ridiculous conspiracy theories.

His mother is extremely dissapointed in his choice of career.

Good taste/10, user.

Here's hoping for some nice operating, in and out of cars.

May the high speed, low drag be with you.

D&D LE Monk.

She's living by the age old creed of the strong should prevail and be able to do whatever they want and is quasi-compelled to challenge everyone remotely important to a duel.

Has absolutely no idea how to act in society, ain't nothing to do but fight, train, fight, rinse and repeat in the monastery where she grew. So manners like an animal, swears a lot, constant bravado, poorly dressed. That kind of things.

Back in the monastery, everyone was in the same spirit of "training to fight and kick things and be strong is the path to perfection". So things went pretty well. Until she stopped controlling her strikes because it seemed way more effective and attacked like a madwoman everytime. This resulted in two students maimed and one in a Stephen Hawking-like state

So, she's banned of the monastery, no one wants to teach her because no one wants a fucking animal for a student.

Walking the earth and kicking stuff to prove to everyone that fuck it, I'm stronger and I'm gonna come back and high kick the whole monastery to hell and back.

R8, and tell me where you think it can be better.

Pic maybe related for the look, Seven Swords is an über dope movie.

About to take part in a fate game that's half supernatural horror, half neo-noir.

I wanna run a somewhat crazy old cryptoid hunter.

The Dresden Files system works fine for that.
Never totally understood the shit it gets on this board.

A fighter or maybe Paladin who's completely insane, but wants to right the wrongs of the world. Think Don Quixote.

A younger man/woman, haven't decided yet, who wants to follow in the footsteps of their late Paladin father, but have no idea how. I just thought this character up yesterday, but I think it might be neat to play up to becoming a Paladin rather than starting off as one.

When they come across actual giants will they think they're windmills?

It gets shit because it's FATE. Whether the system is legitimately bad or Veeky Forums just doesn't like that sort of game is beyond me, though.

Trundle from League of Legends.

Bard/Illusionist, can be in any setting with magic really.

He's an actor, show magician, comedian, can sing and dance, general entertainer. Was on his way to making it big, but he got most of his acting deals and breaks with help from the equivalent of the mafia. Ended up getting deep into using his skills and magic to help with assassination, thefts, information gathering, and generally helped them get huge. When he "got out", his newlywed wife and infant son were brutally murdered shortly after. The mafia told him it was because some of his enemies wanted revenge, and he was no longer under their protection.

Basically, a few screws become loose, he begins to lose sight of what his personality is. Not so much multiple personalities, but he treats everything like a joke, or makes things needlessly dramatic, effectively acts like he's on stage 100% of the time. Doesn't necessarily become evil, but he begins to not care much about doing the right thing, and instead settles for whatever he feels like at the moment.

I would go with the brothers. After all, they're family.
Also, nice story. Simple and comfy.

Faldo Thrile, Human Bard

>not particularly good at music, but great at public speaking.
>fights for the cause of the common man
>hates elves with a passion, particularly because an elf stole his spot at a Bard's college
>bitching facial hair

may or may not be literally hitler

clown Wizard searching for new audiences and or tricks

Nice. I just finished Kubo, and want to play a young adult Kubo as a bard just travelling the world telling the story of what happened to his village, and how he wants to travel the world seeing the beauties it has to hold with his one good eye.

D&D 5e College of Lore bard, Folk Hero from Kara-Tur. Most spells reflavored to reflect flying pieces of paper and different origami.

Teenage Dwarven Monk who wants to be boxing champ of the world.

Dumb but lovable, charismatic, jovial and portly middle-aged father of two who works in a tavern kitchen at night, and goes to wizard school during the day to provide a better life for his kids. Low intelligence wizard who just doesn't get proper magic; is actually a wild magic sorcerer.

An Alchemist from a port town. Years of watching the kingdom ships unload spices from distant kingdoms and their fragrant scents inspired him to be an Alchemist. Seen as a promising candidate. His brother, a skilled slayer has gone missing after an lucrative contract takes him far from home and his father is ill with a treatable disease but too expensive medications even with his alchemy skills. Moonlighting as a drug dealer he draws the attention of an combat drug addict who is an accomplished adventurer. He offers to recruit him with a signing bonus on the basis he keeps his drug needs fulfilled.

I want to play a Hunter. Just me, a shotgun, maybe some body armor if I get lucky, and three other dudes just like me. No world spanning shenanigans, no great and evil conspiracies, just four dudes against any kind of creepy crawly that tries to fuck with our neighborhood's shit.

It requires social interaction, and you can't minmax your character. Of course Veeky Forums hates it.

Dr Ghost.

Mutants and Masterminds character. A Doc Savage style hero from the Golden Age who wound up getting thrown to the other end of the universe. On his way back he's gone through a number of Sword and Planet style adventures, fighting alien menaces, robot hordes, mad scientists, etc.

Now he's a man out of time, an oldy time super-adventurer with oldy time beliefs and mannerisms having to adjust to the modern age. I imagine him to look a lot like the Phantom, but in a lab coat. He's basically my excuse to have a low-level Cosmic character (stolen and adapted alien tech).

Also: Pencil-mustache and domino mask. Classy.

Had a similar thing but with a Rogue Trader, too bad it's always shot down.

I don't have any of the M&M books but seeing the generals (and being all about My hero acadamia/OPM) got me to thinking of a few heros:

1. Street Geist - Essentially a psychic Ironman. He was going to be used as a psychic battery of sorts sort of like the people plugged up into the Hyron project so had a majority of his body replaced with cybernetics powered by his latent psychic powers until he was rescued. Now he wears baggy cloths and a coat over a hoodie to hide his helmeted face because he can't take off the armor. He can be found lotiering about floating or sleeping atop buildings so he looks like some kind of hobo ghost.

Also, since I'm all about EP I wanted to make a character who makes use of F rep being a celebrity athlete either being a Hyperelite MMA fighter or a Barsoomian MX racer who helped founded the league during the early days of Mars.

>Cleric who forsook his faith years ago out of bitterness over some incident, only to later call upon his powers in a desperate situation and find that they still worked, despite his continuing sacrilege.

>Clouded Oracle with a deep fear of orcs for reasons, forced into a party with an amiable half-orc.

>Blind Witch with permanent Beast Eye effect with her familiar.

Haven't found an appropriate game for any of them.

>You can't mimax your character
But that's wrong. Seriously, nearly every time I play FATE, at least one person tries to minmax the fuck out of their character.
It's retarded, but it happens a lot.
>I want to put all of my points into a Magic skill so I can cast cool spells whenever I want and change the definition of the power fluidly.
>What do you mean 'that's broken, you can't do that'? Fuck you, DM, you're being unreasonable!
I seriously had a conversation with a (former?) friend of mine who seems to have a complex where he automatically picks a dark and brooding magic user whenever he gets the chance. And I do mean WHENEVER.

Noblus Gwenricus

3rd son of a count in [anywhere] raised in the capital to become a knight and fight for the throne no matter what.

Fucks the king's daughter and get her preggo, not being such a smart guy he runs only with his horse, his sword, and his shield.

Not to dishonour his family's name he begins a penitent quest by joining the "local" knight order, the Grandmaster is literally satan and being a idiot he is he runs to [totally not magical america].

A halfling fighter, but what the other players don't know is that he's actually a paladin who hates bragging/pride. I'd have to keep it secret from the players because they can be metagaming chuds. Hopefully, I can reach a moment where we are vastly outgunned and then start smiting foes in a blaze of glory, only to give credit to everyone else later.

A high level psion character in DnD.

I forgot the name of the prestige classes but basically there's one that allow you to have followers like with the Leadership feat but you can kill them or whatever and new ones arrive the next day. There's another one which allow you to put people into cocoon and suck their vital energy for power.

I'd have plenty of expendable followers and present myself as the prophet of some God, telling everyone that the end is near. Key part of the character is the "hell chariot" : a huge flying chariot pulled by my follower in rags, despite this being useless. On the vehicle, a golden organ being constantly played.

Get them to pay refresh (like a stunt, possibly more than 1 refresh it they use it for everything) to unlock more uses of the 'Magic' skill, just like the rulebook tells you to. Sure, they'll use 1 skill for almost everything, but they'll be lacking in terms of stunts and refresh.
Just set some limits on what it can do in the setting.

Yeah, well, he wanted it to be his +4 skill and wasn't willing to spend Fate points to be able to use it on everything, which boggled my mind.
>Me: Dude, I'll just compel it and slap -2 on it for a +2 skill towards everything, you can use a Fate point to make it +4 and break the compel. That's broken as shit already, why do you want it to be +4?
>Dude: Why should I have to take the -2 penalty when I have a +4 magic skill?
>Me: Because if I let you use your +4 skill for everything, it's broken as fuck.
>Dude: So? It's magic!
I really hate that this isn't an exaggeration. Fuck the 'Magic always fixes everything at no sizable cost' meme.

Oh the brothers exist and will get letters either way.
It's just a question of if a sweetheart also exists.
And thanks, it's kinda what I was shooting for. No angst, no real tragedy in his background, just a kid who wanted an adventure.

The best thing to do would be to do a lot of compels on the aspect he took to be able to cast magic and make him take a different stunt for each magical spell/effect, e.g. fire, ice healing, etc. So he pays points of refresh to use 1 skill in place of others and has to keep on burning his limited fate points on compels if he tries something really broken.
Even better, don't let him burn whole buildings down unless he buys 2 or more fire magic stunts.

I tried to do that, but he wouldn't hear it.
And this was literal years ago, anyways.
Unsurprisingly, his favorite class was Dread Necromancer or some sort of spellcaster, and he enjoyed anything that summoned undead/let him have undead templates.

He's a young son of a blacksmith, who answered the call to adventure with nothing but a simple sword when his villagey was destroyed by (insert the antagonist here).

It's time to reconstruct tropes, Veeky Forums

The old Star Wars D6 game had something called a "Quixotic Jedi" that I'd always wanted to try. Maybe the next time my group runs EotE or something...

FATE is meant to be collaborative between the GM and the players, so I can see him rejecting it, but the other players should get a say in worldbuilding too. Just have a group think-session/vote on how magic works, integrate his ideas into it and charge him refresh accordingly. And if he won't hear of it tell him that the group says magic works that way, so he either goes along with it or doesn't play a wizard.

I had a Drow OC called Jathal the Whiteguard.

The concept for her was she was a bitchy noble who got outbetrayed and lay on the rogund bleeding to death.

In desperation she pledged her soul to whoever, whatever could save her.

But before Asmodeus or Orcus could claim it, a minor god of Rainbows and springtime jacked it and saved her first.

As a result she's forced to do good deeds, only promised her soul back when she genuinely understands the real meaning of friendship.

Imagine a CE cleric forced to follow the paladin oath.

Stealing this
Stealing this so hard

Brilliant. I'd make it a little less childish by replacing 'friendship' with something more along the lines of 'selflessness', but that's just me.

It's an Ilithid that finds out how the overbrains really work. Meaning that illithids that get merged with them don't retain their individuality. But he/it knows he can't tell the others, he'll be wiped out for daring to question the foundations of their society. So he escapes the underdark.

Now, at first, he merges with society and thinks of getting by with the occasional bite of human brain, but then an idea comes to mind.

Eating an overbrain. Or at least part of it.
Of course he could never go and beat it by himself.

Then he joins a party of adventurers who are venturing to the underdark for other reasons -possibly to deal with the illithids too-.

He offers his help in guiding them there.

I'm prepared to rp with full -semi Nixonian- tentacle mouthed accent.

And how will the illithid resist to the party's mage?

The idea was that the god of rainbows is incredibly childish and using the logic of
"Good turns evil is extra evil, therefore evil turned good is extra good so I'm going to make her a good guy and be the best god ever."

Inevitably the pair turns into a Raven and starfire dynamic whenever I explain it to someone.

Okay, hear me out.
>Young boy with a strong bloodline is adopted by a kind king and is raised as a prince.
>His real father kills the king and raises the prince without ever telling him about his parentage.
>His mentor, who is his real father, is killed and he is left to become king.
>However, he has no power because the secretly corrupt council is in league with his adoptive uncle, who is evil.
>He's sent out to adventure so he can be killed in a non-suspicious way.
>He is extremely talented but somewhat selfish, self-important, and impatient.
>Falls in love at first sight with the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, they actually end up being hitched with little to no thought put into it.
>His best bro is a warrior monk, and they get along like a house on fire.
>Eventually, he is entrusted with a plot device and sent off with his new best friends to kill his evil uncle, but it's a trap.
>After getting defeated by the more experienced evil uncle magician, he is betrayed by a former ally and left to die.
>His wife is pregnant with his twins, and he's afraid his enemies will have her killed, so he makes a deal with dark powers to live.
>However, despite his best intentions, his deal ends up backfiring and getting his wife killed, his twins spirited away, and himself transformed into a force for evil.
>Now he seeks vengeance and has fully devoted himself to the cause of his infernal master, becoming a dark contrast to the spiritual warrior that defeated him and a shadow of his former self.
>The only person who could redeem him being one of the twins he never had the chance to raise, who are being taught the same spiritual warrior skills that left him the way he is.
So how many points do I get on the Cliche-O-Meter?
Keep in mind that this actually happened in game, his full development from Chaotic Good to Lawful Evil.

You mean and not eat him?
Illithid knows he can't take everyone on the group and since they're going to underdark, it's good to keep their force united and in full power.

Plus, having mostly lived in the underdark with non-illithid being mind-controlled slaves meant for food, he finds the experience of interacting with the above-world and its inhabitants educational.

Spirit trapped inside Huge suit of armor with skeleton being his "face and body."

Died in glorious battle but fucked up earlier in life (committed a "sin".) so he can't go to heaven until he completes a task (Maybe like the Grim Reaper's assistant or something I don't know).

Think he would be badass but also kinda goofy and a smooth talker.

Hamlet-Star Wars crossover?

>He offers his help in guiding them there.

The question, besides how to get a illithid stated for a pc campaign (Let me know how you do it, I've wanted to have a Beholder who through a critical fail hit itself with its own charm ray and is now charmed by EVERYTHING ELSE. So it's both compelled to listen and do anything the other pcs tell it AND is convinced it's in charge).

But why would the pcs believe him? Im not trying to naysay, but your playing a magnificent bastard rogue agent of a race of magnificent bastards. If I saw your character i'd assume it was a trap by said overbrain.

Close enough.
When I first made my character, I thought, "This guy's gonna turn into Anakin Skywalker, isn't he?"
Man, I have never been more coincidentally right in my life.

they don't have to absolutely trust him

they have to be aware he's the only one who knows the way through the caverns

An old animatronic sheriff from a cowboy theme park.
He's rusted up and falling apart but still wants to bring justice to outlaws and make kids laugh.

A skellington cleric that was once a human who worshiped a good diety, but near the end of his life he lost faith in his god and prayed to a really seedy diety to "prolong his years anongst the living" (exact verbage). He dies and was revived as an undead, then is promply driven out of his temple and is being passively hunted by the cleregy of his former god. He is now indebted to the seedy god and soon comes to regret the decision, as he is not an inherently evil person and the clergy of the bad god demands increasingly terrible things from him.

Also, he is raised with no voice, all he can do is rattle and gesture. I always wanted to RP a silent character.

I'm really sorry, that sounds like a great character and all I can think of is Festus from NV.

I'm the illithid and crying through my tentacles now.

Me and my friend wanted to run a necromancer and skeleton fighter combo. The skeleton is actually the necromancers brother, a pit fighter who died in a rigged fight. The sister turned to necromancy to bring him back, but due to the way necromancy works in the setting we normally run with he retains he base personality but his memories are wiped.

Will never happen because necromancers in setting are (rightfully) abhorred and no self respecting party would tolerate one. Even if they did, everywhere they went they would be killed on sight.

Has the necromaner considered looking for the philosopher stone?

Blackbird Raum, ranger-cum-bard. Woodsman's son from a backwater town. Loves to sing, spends his time between chores composing little songs and writing little stories. Eventually gets noticed, gets kind of popular in the surrounding villages. Strikes up a friendship with a local travelling troubadour, who helps him refine his music, and in exchange he uses his honest, down to earthness (and occasionally skills with a bow) to get his friend out of trouble. They adventure together, Blackbird to earn money for his aging father and live out the dreams of adventure he's always had, and the bard to get cash and ass.

Nothing like it exists

Unless your making a FMA reference. Then yes, and she has metal limbs and is small and doesn't afraid of anything

THE character I want to play is heavily setting-related, and the setting being a somewhat obscure Fading Suns you'd probably not want to hear how exactly the (al Malik) powers that be have in mind to reclaim Hargard without either triggering the Hawkwood neither giving the planet to the Emperor. Which means heavy, HEAVY Mutasih involvement, a veritable trove of information to be bartered (most probably two or even three jumpkeys for other Lost Worlds), a bizzarre church-house alliance that could be pretty dicey for the entire Al-Malik dominion, because it revolves on non-Istakhr nobles.
This while she, being a (former) famous space fighter pilot of an actually pretty innovative shaprutian airspace force, has no idea what the hell is actually happening at the start.
This without covering the actual character history and details. And hell, I even have an idea of how she would dress at a gala in Byzantium Secundus AND how she could go on the cozy group spaceship.

>basically, I don't have only the idea of the character: I have the backstory for the campaign. Which means shit is almost unplayable. Too much imagination could be a bad thing.

I've played Dresden FATE twice now, and it was super fun both times. We did San Francisco and London. Pretty swank.

An earnest, heroic knight who believes in heroism and tries his best to be valorous and defend the defenseless.

So basically you can't play him because nowdays grimndark is the norm?

Pretty funny shit.

If you want some inspiration, watch the anime Samurai Flamenco. Stick with it even if it starts to lull a bit.

No, because my group always expects my characters to be eccentric clerics, Wizards, or other "cerebral" types, and I'd hate to disappoint everyone.

That's... actually pretty strange. At least in my group anyone who had played the same character type for some time got the usual talk "buddy, how about changing that a bit?".

I didn't think the opposite happened.

No, it's a pretty strong informal rule that the funnyman is always funny, the dickhead rogue is always a roguish dick, and do forth. I guess it's a form of specialized labor.

MoroM coalmind/coalmined

Dwarven firstborn of a coal mine operator and merchant.

After mining coal for many years MoroM broke through a thin vein and saw light in the cracks. Alone in the mine he opened the crack wider, exposing a small hole in the solid rock. Big enough for him to stand in. He felt warm, and there was a smell that burned his nose. But he found the source. A thick vein of metal, with crystal clusters growing out of it. The metal and crystals glowed

He spent hours down in the mines, slowly mining out the strangely hard metal, making mightily seem soft. The crystals were the opposite, easy to shatter and thinking them valuable he spent more time slowly pulling each one out safely. After many hours he finally pulled the last green glowing bits off the wall, and packed up his incredible find. He would call the metal, morium. And the crystals romium.

After leaving the mines he found the glow from the ores lit his path brightly and quickly reached the main tunnel, where his father and other miners stopped to stare slack jawed at the glowing dwarf.
Morom waved and ran to them. Excitedly explaining the new ore he discovered that glowed. He removed the now, inflowing ores and frowned. For he could still see the glow from it. On his hands...on him he was glowing! He had absorbed the energy from the ores and he glowed from it!

>Obviously it's radiation, basically I have 2 scenarios, 1. He forges the ores and crystals into a mace which can absorb radiation from him to do extra damage, plus is basically indestructible due to the strange metals and crystals

>Or 2. The radiation fuses with his innate magic and turns him into a strange nuclear wizard.

Unfortunately radiation isn't in any game I play which is a huge bummer.

A Warrior-Bureaucrat, ex paymaster of a mercenary company currently "between jobs" (read; wanted for embezzlement), he manages the party's finances and complains that they could get this whole adventuring thing done a lot more efficiently if we'd just hire contractors; ideally the party would refuse these requests categorically to act as a foil to my ambition and give me a reason to role-play a passive aggressive penny-pinching egomaniac.

He'd fight with a crossbow and a battle axe; his shield would be in the likeness of an ancient oversized silver coin and bear the portrait of a winking Statesman in a toga.

He would wear an armet with a real laurel wreath; if his laurels start to go brown he complains until the party stops in at a town, where he promptly buys himself some bay laurel, makes a new one and ceremonially bestows it upon himself.

I just want to play a dapper gunslinger of some sorts.

Or maybe just some campaign where killing has huge consequences but firefights are unavoidable

Terrible idea, but made me kek

the bastard son resulting from an affair between a noble lady and a mysterious, handsome wizard. grows up recognized as the noble lady's noble husband, but stops training to be a knight at around the age of 12 after a freak accident that leaves him with several toes missing and a shortened right leg. starts reading and getting into esoteric magic stuff. leaves to study at a monastery at the age of 17. after meeting his true father at the monastery at the age of 21, and discovering his true ancestry, he leaves in a fit of confusion and anger in the night. he's now a wandering wizard with a proficiency in history and high wisdom

it may seem a bit autistic, i guess. but i really want to do this if my group begins a new 5e campaign

>recognized as the noble lady's noble husband's son

fixed

One of the children of an old character, with no idea as to her heritage.
Alternatively, my old tiefling paladin who got offed within in-game hours from meeting him in Curse of Strahd, with the gag being that he keeps getting killed in increasingly mundane ways but somehow always coming back.

Native American Cyborg Ninja

A not very intelligent "fallen" paladin. He would hold himself to really high moral standards, and then after making a simple mistake, would become convinced that he had become evil. The fact that he couldn't register anything after trying to use Detect Evil on himself would be seen as proof that he fell and lost his powers.

Toraminus the Everliving, He Who Defies Death.

A brilliant necromancer who was hounded by sickness and disease all of his childhood, who saw his brothers and sisters fall one by one to violence, hunger, and plague. He held his mother's body as she lay bleeding after bandits ransacked his his family's farm. Yet through all of this he did not give up, he did not give in to despair and malaise. He instead stood defiant and angry. Angry at the world that took and took and took and gave nothing back. Angry at the cruelty of lords who would stand by idly while brigands ran rampant through the backwaters of their counties and kingdoms. Angry at the gods for presiding over a world of such horror and doing nothing to alter it. Just angry.

He isn't evil though, despite pursuing undeath. He'll raise undead, but he won't defile souls unless they're evil. When adventurers and townsfolk rise up against him, he makes a point to subdue then rather than kill them. If his undead cannot subdue them, he'll order them to maim them instead, but to keep them alive. He only kills and torments those who make an effort to inflict harm, those who are cruel to others. He deals with devils and the like to gain knowledge, and never commits fully to any actual pacts, only conversing with them and using his spells to extract information.

His end goal is to become powerful enough to kill the reigning god of death, and take his place to create a kinder, gentler world where the innocent need not fear the cruel. Death would still occur under his regime, but he would make the end easier, he would allow souls to converse with their loved ones during a transitionary period after death, to ease the pain the living would feel.

Holy fuck, it hurt to read this.

Gnoll Paladin that was exiled from his pack and picked up by some Melora worshipers. Struggles with Yeenoghu whispering all the bad shit in his head and is ferocious in combat. Still does things like eat carrion if he has to because that's just natural as long as it's not off of dead sentients.

Pretty boring atm but I don't have anyone to play with so I haven't really bothered fleshing him out all that well.

A swordsman that tells the party he's a great warrior dedicated to unlocking the secrets of the blade.

He's actually just a NEET whose mother is having trouble supporting the two of them, so he's adventuring for some more money to help ma pay the bills.

I have things I want to do
>Vomit alchemist
>generic fire swordsman
>dual shielder
>super buff dude

Well this pretty much confirms I have to actually make this character asap.

Just so you know I'm stealing your idea as a basis for a short story.

How'd you come up with the idea?

Wow that's pretty cool user.

And honestly I couldn't tell you a direct inspiration, I think it's probably just the result of a mental bukkake of ideas.

A bag of sentient marbles.

Typical adolescent female protagonist in typical fantasyland setting. Raised from childhood by a creepy, demented stepfather (who was a failed adventurer) into becoming a living fulfillment of his ideal "player character". Her life revolves around treating the world like some kind of codified questing experience. One day her dad got arrested, he told her that she now has her tragic backstory and should go out and have the adventure she's been training for.

Why is it always a blacksmith's son?

Is it just so the hero can have a cool sword?

I wish I had any ability to rap or sing but after being apart of a Shadowrun game that fell as fast as it came up I regretted the character I was going to make (A transhumanist baby from Evo who left because they wouldn't let him do what he wanted) when suddenly I came up with the idea of a up and coming artist and rapper who's essentially a pyro maniac who ran the shadows with the hopes of building his own music label and purchase the block where his old home was burned down.

Sentient nude greco roman statue

I've been part of a Dresden files game for about - shit 3 and a half years now?

Its set in North Jersey area.
We're nearing the end of the 5th campaign in that setting.

The longer you play in a city the more it comes alive.

The current party consists of:

A ex military sniper who found jesus.

A Bar owner who can turn into a fucking bear

Former drummer in a shitty local band. Current crazy son of a bitch wanted for domestic terrorism.

A barbarian who fell deeply in love with a medusae/gorgon.

Banished from his clan because harboring a forbidden love.

Keep sculpting little figurines in bone, ivory and stone to give to her. Leave jewels and necklaces near her lair with a little wooden figurine of himself.

Absolutely refuse to hurt or kill snakes as he belives it will bring a curse on him.

Dream of finding a way to be able to look at his lover's eyes directly.

I have played this exact character.

His task was fixing an issue caused by a badly thought-out deal between the Gods and the Lords of Death that was going to cause the end of the world.

His 'sin' was picking up the item that designates someone as royalty to the lords of death, despite not being royalty.

He died transmuting his and the BBEG's blood into lightning using a sympathetic blood magic spell.

He was incredibly charismatic but also completely guileless. Also a drunkard. After he died he floated around as a ghost for a while until the party got hold of a suit of magical armour that kept souls trapped inside. We filled it with meat to replicate a body, wrapped around his skeleton, then filled the space around it with moonshine (he also had the ability to infuse alcohol with part of his essence due to some very poor choices in play...), lit it on fire and hey, presto! Suit of armour with flaming skull walking the world trying to fix it.

Drow Thief.

Houseslave caught stealing from nobility and was going to get executed. Dwarves attacked the City. He took the chance and somehow escaped the warzone and made it to the surface where a bunch of wandering murderhobos took care of him.

So you made the Joker.

If I recall California's Shadowrunners actually are celebrities who do shit like that so you got your hook.

if you do it, you have to play him straight and see how long it takes the other players to realize who he is...