Warhammer 40k General:

Prisma is love, Prisma is life Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WlIJBWBIGS4
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40000-Kill-Team-ENG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the DKOK assault brigade any good?

Has anyone here had any experience fielding or fighting against Imperial Guard Rough Riders?

1d4chan has very little information on them and I wanted to know if they can be used reliably enough to warrant me making some.

My plan was/is to make a 5-6 man squad of rough riders and equip 2 of them with meltaguns or flamers. Which would give me a fast(12 inch) unit that can melt armor or burn infantry depending on what I'm facing for around 60-80 points.

Also do you all think that Rough riders could be useful for Kill team?

Another question Since Rough Riders are cavalry they have the special rules fleet, fast and hammer of wraith. This should mean on a charge given that they have a hunting lance, las pistol and close combat weapon they get to 2 attacks normally, a extra attack because of charge and a extra HoW attack. Considering that the hunting lance has the one use special rule does that mean for 10 RRiders on a charge do they 10 hunting lance attacks and 20 normal CCW attacks or does the hunting lance last for the entire first turn of the assault?

They are S3 with 5+ armor. Ultimately that's a death sentence but they are ideal for counter-charging once your blob guard gets into melee.

>orks

>space marines

youtube.com/watch?v=WlIJBWBIGS4
Could you see a great unclean one singing this with his nurglings?

So, I got some models arriving Friday for me. 1 Archon, 5 Grosteques, 5 Wracks, 8 Warriors, 6 Reavers and 1 Venom for $130. Can't wait to test these out. Any tips?

> "a 32-page softback Kill Team book, featuring full rules for playing skirmish missions"
> "a small-format softback copy of Warhammer 40,000: The Rules"

Will each marine be his own unit? How will this game play, Veeky Forums?

Probably like previous Kill Team rules. You get a set number of points, can only take troops, fast attack or elites and each model is an independent character.

Autosaging desu.

Bosting this here as well since autosage:

So assuming the new Chaos disciplines are copypastes as rumours are saying, what's the ideal setup for a 5-man ML1 Cyclopia Cabal? Unmarked.

Was thinking ideally you get Invisibility on 1 or 2 dudes, NotFulmination for the 18" teleport and the rest in Librarius for Veil of Time. Of course in practice it would be me rolling on Telepathy till I get at least 1 Invis and the rest in Fulmination. At the very least, even if I roll all 5 on Telepathy, 5 shrieks are pretty decent too.

>just bought two sets of DW off of a box splitter
>paid $40 extra for the rulebook
>this comes out

A unit of marines I could convert to DW, some Tau I could use for tabletop RPGing, the rulebook AND killteam book for $110? Fuck me I got gipped.

Are beast the best non vehicle unit type in the game?
>12" movement
>ignore all terrain
>usually cheap as chips with good melee statlines

How do offical kill team rules and HoR differ?

Official KT uses the normal codices; units are BOUGHT as units but models ACT individually.

In HoR, you buy each model individually from their fan-reconstructed (in some cases fan-built) codices. There's some extra rules and missions tacked on too.

Also, points limit in KT is 200 with a strict FOC, HoR is 250 and it's a bit looser.

I'd imagine the one-use thing is just for the round that they charge, since they're explosive-tipped lances, right? Heck even if they're normal lances you'll probably lose them to splintering or the chaos of battle (as it would happen IRL).

If you play with a solid group of friends who are cool with adjusting things, you could take DKoK Death Riders as normal IG Rough Riders. They're better in every way.

>crisis suits are allowed

With Militarum Tempestus, just thinking of...

>Hellrain Brigade Formation
>Command Squad - medic and four grenadiers
>Lord Commissar - carapace, power sword
>Scions - Tempestor with plasma (will deep-strike)
>obligatory Taurox to cart around the Command

>extra unit of Scions with volley guns in a Taurox for bulking things out
>will serve as fire support and meatshields for the Commissar

Then of course I have Inq and retinue and some DW to pad things out for 1-2K points. I was just wondering though, is this usage of the Hellrain cheesey? I mean I've got a squad of plasma/melta suicidally deepstriking in, and just going back into reserves when they die. Also yeah, would I be better off with taking melta or plasma?

im looking for the updated ghaz supplement. the link at the top still has the old one without the Decurion. any help would be appreciated guys.

I liked using them back in the day. Purely with the lances. Kept them in reserve so they wouldn't get blown away before they could charge and with the Officer of the Fleet bring them in and where I needed them most. Worked a treat against SM.

>Cadian rough riders

Anyone have the pic of that thread with an Ork claiming to be a green space marine?

2+ is too strong

except when you take it on a crisis suit squad leader

This one?

Some tips

>grenadiers
never
>medic
Can only take 4 upgrades total. 4 special dudes and a medic is 5.
>commissar
carapace is okay, but if he's in melee you're doing it wrong. Drop the Psword.
>deepstrikers
Plasma's okay, but I'd generally only take it in command squads since they can order themselves Twin-Linked. In Hellrain it might actually be okay if they Get Hot and die since that means you can deepstrike them somewhere else.
>extra Taurox
meh. They're expensive, squishy, but can put out a decent amount of fire.

If I were you, I'd keep the Command Squad with HSVGs and the Commissar in ruins on an objective in the mid-to-back field. Deep strike the scion squad onto things, blap it, attempt to either keep killing things or get yourself killed quickly.

So I've got enough models that I need a decent-sized carrying case for them. A little over 4000 points of tyranids, heavy on the monstrous creatures. The GW brand box is big and comes with foam, but it wouldn't fit everything and I'd have to cut the foam to shape. My other plan was to buy a big toolbox at home depot for 50 bucks and buy pull-foam or preshaped foam as I need it.

What are your recommendations?

So if the rumors are true are you ready for Demon Prince with Might of Heroes?

No it's like from a thread, like a screenshot

Reposting from earlier today:

Version 7 is up for the Space 0din Ork Codex 7th Edition Update Fanfiction Murder Mystery Dinner and Organic Horticulture Lawncare Guide 2016: Don't Be a Min-max Spammer Dick Edition.

>Waaagh! lets ranged attacks re-roll 1s instead of TL, because fuck BS3 TL every turn with Orkcurion.
>Bosspole lost +1 LD because it was way undercosted & an auto-take, but...
>Iron Gob is back for 5 points, +1 LD
>600 point "Stompa -" from IA8 back as an option, loses all the HH-style bonuses & 2-shot Deff Kannon, but keeps improved Effigy & 'Ere We Go!
>Killkannon is just Large Blast--Primary Weapon too good for the points.
>Clarified some language on some formations like Killskwad.

LINK BELOW

Bit ly/Orks7ePDF

LINK ABOVE

Have fun with your games, & always talk it out with your opponent before the match. Good sportsmanship can preclude or at least ease the need for quality rules writing LMK if you find the latter anywhere.

***End of Repost***

If he rolls on it sure, still a 1/6 chance though. I feel there's some semblance of self-balance on the psychic table since you can't build your strategy around invisibility f.ex. I struggle to see if any power is OP due to this.

So I'm considering getting some allies for my skitarii, I was considering getting the stormtroopers, space marines, or grey Knights. What are the pros and cons of each

Oh right shit, 3 grenadiers sorry.
>never
Why? The point wasn't for optimal firepower, the point was for cheapness (making them a less ideal target), and so that they could move around the back lines, giving orders/leadership aura and just pumping out supporting fire (because assault 1), switching grenades as needed.

>but if he's in melee you're doing it wrong
Point of the power sword is that if he gets into melee, he has a slightly better chance of cutting down some dudes, if not surviving. Same reason I tend to take power weapons on all my squad sergeants or equivalent, I mean they often aren't allows to take two-handed guns so why not just slip a power weapon in.

>if they Get Hot and die
That's the idea, but at the same time melta will get the squad into a suicidal range anyway and punch harder, hence why I'm torn... I would just make up two plasma and two melta Scions and switch them out depending on opponent, bt not only is that even more cheesey but it would require one more Scion than I will have.

>extra Taurox
>meh
How else will the squad get around? I don't want them to deepstrike too otherwise my Inq and Command will be alone on the table turn one just to get shot at. Plus it gives me more heavy weapons, which Tempestus direly need.

2+ what? Crisis armor is 3+

That being said, crisis suits rape the shit out of marines.

Probably still better off with a Chaos Daemons prince since they get better artifacts, disciplines (in that they aren't forced to waste a die on a garbage discipline), and in-codex support.

Librarius/Sinistrum is also hell situational. Psychic Fortress, Psychic Scourge, and Null Zone are all highly dependent on the enemy having Psykers and/or units with good invulns. Veil of Time is nice, but if that's your goal, Tzeentch Princes can do it a lot easier. Fury of the Ancients is extremely mediocre and the primaris is okay.

Heretek is the only one that will really be a boon to CSM, as cracking open transports has always been an issue. The real question is whether we'll get any good formations for mechanized CSM. We won't. Every spoiler about this book has just been another disappointment. More Khorne? Check. Recycled loyalist content? Check. Another Possessed heavy formation? Check. I want spoilers on the detachment and core formations to come out so that I can finally stop hoping.

>Crisis armor is 3+
iridium armour isn't special kit anymore, you can take it on any regular squad leader

Ditto. I just want to see those to see if I can run the units I already do in a CAD to see what free shit I can get, however mediocre.

Would you take a look at please? Could use your feedback please.

The reasoning is that being able to shit out 16 AP3 bolter shots is a lot better than 3 or 4 S6 AP4 shots against anything except vehicles (and you can bring a CAD of double command squad + double scion squad to deep strike or ride in Inquisition vehicles and deal with that). Medic also isn't worth unless you have plasma.

>commissar
Well he'll die anyways because he's I3 and no one is gonna charge him with less than that initiative or with low numbers. If you really want to give him a power weapon, give him an axe. I seriously wouldn't reccommend it though, you're wasting points that could be going to HSVGs keeping you out of melee in the first place.

>cheesiness
You're playing a faction that has 5 units in its entire codex. I don't think anyone could give you shit for "list tailoring," it's all you can even afford to do.

Who is the extra Taurox squad carrying anyways? The Command Squad already has one Taurox, and your suicide bombers are deep striking on top of something anyways. If you mean to DRIVE those dudes up, don't do it. Bring a Rhino or Razorback from your Inquisitor and you'll have a cheap suicide transport.

>firepower
Meh. Jokaero weaponsmiths can be quite good with the Inquisition's cheap psyker support. Razorbacks are BS4 and with TL psybolt heavy bolters can reliably hit 3 shots of S6 AP 4 (for cheaper than your command squad too, mind).

How many points are we talking here? Could you draft up a list? It'd give me a better idea of what you might actually face and what sort of threats you need to counter.

Any news yet on the new imperial armor book?

Fair. So no signiture items. What are the equivlant items in other codexies called?

Not him but unsure. For CSM f.ex you have Special-Issue Wargear and Artifacts (Relics). Signature systems always struck me as being a mix of both.

What are you doing with the Cabal? That will determine what spells you roll on.

If you're deathstarring it up, you're going to want Invisibility, Shrouding, Veil of Time, Endurance. Electrodisplacement and Magnetokinesis aren't as useful since you're going to be on bikes and embedded in either Beasts or Bikes.

Telepathy is still the most important discipline, since it has two ace defensive powers. Biomancy is still ace because it has several fantastic melee buffs, and excellent defensive buff, and a healing spell. Depending on catch-up, Librarius and Technomancy can also be extremely useful.

there are no real equivalents in other armies

I am running them with bikes together with spell familiars. My aim is to roll on Telepathy until I have at least 1 Invisibility, hopefully 2 just to cover my ass. Then I will have that always on and will zip around shooting spells willy-nilly. Might even give one the Burning Brand of Skalathrax.Not joining any other units, the cabal takes me 500 points already and I don't field anything that can accompany them.

I'd consider Technomancy if I'm facing lots of vehicles but I wouldn't class that more important than Fulmination honestly. Librarius is hard to justify since half the powers are psyker specific and I rarely go up against them.

>New Tyranid codex comes out

>Every unit gets the 'Beast' type

Would this fix the codex?

Also by Biomancy healing spell, you mean the Geokinesis thing instead?

>you can bring a CAD of double command squad + double scion squad
Too many points, I'm having to squeeze in an Inq and retinue plus some Deathwatch as well to bring some heavy weapons to the table. What I like about the Hellrain is that thematically it gives the impression of a large Tempestus force whilst only requiring me to purchase one squad of Scions to run it. I do get what you're saying about shots though, volley guns do look much nicer.
>Medic
You realise volley guns have Get's Hot! as well right? Also the plasma pistol my Prime will carry. So I'll keep the Medic thanks but just change the grenadiers to volley gunners.

>You're playing a faction that has 5 units in its entire codex
But I'm also taking some DW and shit, I dunno just endless Tempestus seems powerful when they're backed up by a Killteam or two and Dreads.

>extra Taurox squad
It's a Scion squad with Taurox dedicated transport. I don't like anything to do with Rhinos, I'm planning to kitbash some Taurox kits with the Tauros Venator to make something thematic and somewhat unique, so I don't really care for how optimal the Taurox is or not.

I might draft something up after work but really, I'm just playing friendly games. I don't want all this optimisation you seem to be going on about.

They need to get rid of the awful rules of the current instinct behaviour.

It would be a shitty and lazy fix

No, I mean life leech.
Magnetokinesis just isn't worth rolling on a table that's mostly useless.

A five man Cabal with no chaff is a stupid idea. Find the points to include some spawn at the very least.

soo, which one do people play more? which is more balanced?

The "Poisoned" rule for melee weapons makes them wound on 4+, and reroll failed woulds if the strength of the weapon or the poison is equal to or higher than the target's toughness. How does this work for values like "Poisoned (2+)?" Does it reroll failed wounds on toughness 6 enemies?

Why don't you just read the rulebook instead of vaguely misremembering something that looks sort-of like the actual rule?

You're reading it wrong, it's just if str is higher you get the reroll.

No; they are too expensive.

no. a lot of point cost changes or minor stat adjustments would be in order as well as changing the way that synapse works, giving them good psychic powers, decent anti tank

Thank you.

Volley Guns don't have gets hot anymore, it got errata'd out. Check the GW website.

Plasma Pistol is also a waste of points. Gets Hot, one shot only, 12" range (which is a lot closer than you want to be for protecting the Commissar). Your Inquisitor can get one for 10 points, though, and 3+ armor with better CC options. So you could look into it there if you like.

Sorry if I came off too "cheesey," generally if people ask for army advice I go all the way and let them scale it back as far as they want. But I play Scions and Inquisition as my main force. Trust me, they aren't that powerful, even in fluffy games, even fully optimized. Scions especially are one-trick ponies (ie special weapon hogs). Even Hellrain is pretty limited, though it helps them do their job more functionally.

I'd be more worried about the Deathwatch being the cheesey bit. Dreads aren't so bad, but you can spam special and heavy weapons pretty easily through your Kill Teams.

So have you ever had a favorite most fun game thread? I've played a game versus Grey Knights as IG and we ended up laughing our asses off and double tabling each other. God damn that was a fun game.

im making 200 pts KT for KDK
i have a squad of zerkers all with chain axes that puts me at 186pts so 14 points left which is an awkward total. i could cut a chain axe and that gets a plaspistol but that seems very meh or a combi bolter and a combi-something but i'm doubting the efficacy of that with ap5 and most elite units in KT having power armor but i could use the rapid fire to good effect against spam-heavy teams like guard or cultists or whatever

what do you guys think

The best games are those that are close but not important - neither player thinks their reputation or honour is on the line so they can both just relax.

The worst games are those where one or both players thinks that losing will mean they need to commit sudoku or something, which subsequently brings out the worst rules lawyering possible.

I played a 515 points game with my Skitarii against a lone Imperial Knight a while back. We agreed that he could take literally anything (multiple relics, double guns, etc.) while I took 6 squads of Vanguard w/ Arc Rifles. It was great balancing moving in close versus getting smashed to death. Ended with a lone Arc-Rifle wielding motherfucker toppling the monstrosity. It was hilarious to play, and the model got a bigass purity seal on his backpack

Fun times

>just got 18 kromlech grav-cannons
>picked up 3 drop pods to add to my current 4
smugpepe.jpg

You'd be better off making space for a rhino.

>just got 20 count as flesh hounds of khorne
>might get more

You're not going to want stormtroopers. You have better bodies already. What you want is a space marine chapter, cult mechanicus, or a knight. Space marines will provide some resilience in the form of big, harder to kill targets, some moderately better anti-tank, and some assault units if you need them.

The grey Knights will give you psychic powers and good cc with some firepower that works wonders.
Dark angels are space marines with some good bike units.
Deathwatch are fun, have good rules, and do work. I reccommend them.

>You have better bodies already.
admech doesn't really hate the idea of deep-striking meltaguns

Or, shit, deep-striking any special weapons. Flamer command squads are funny.

>just got 10 more deathwatch veterans.
>need them tabletop ready for sunday's casual doubles tourney, as well as my blackstar and 5 other vets.
>STILL not even done with cleaning up and highlighting pic related as well.

Just shoot me.

True, but sm sternguard do it with more precision and less mishaps if you drop pod them in.

deathwatch too, but pods are for babies and stormtroopers are the coolest

Is the new KT shit out yet?

you tell me

games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40000-Kill-Team-ENG

Now I'm kicking myself. I didn't even think about putting a helmeted head on my watch master. That looks so much better.

>unhelmeted deathwatch
absolutely disgusting

I bet you didn't convert the overkill men to have helmets, either.

Absolutely.

No need to be sassy.

I wonder why they only went with 4 KT collections.

I haven't gotten to putting them together yet.

But so far everyone in my Deathwatch force has helmets except for Artemis and the Watch Master.

>Stormtroopers
Pros: decent amount of affordable Ap3. And look at those models man, they sweet as fuck
Cons: Everything else. They're as flimsy as us, aside from a handful of upgrades are fairly underwhelming.

If you seriously want an ally, you should pass on them.

>Space Marines
Pros: they're the best generalists in the Galaxy, have cheap, survivable units and can bring some hilariously overpowered stuff.
Cons: Their shooting is worse than yours, and the basic stuff isn't amazingly better anywhere else. They only get to a must-have level at the bigger points, and even then for all it requires the Admech will likely end up more like allies.

Overall probably the safest pick for sheer variety.

>Grey Knights
Pros: Fuck those other guys, the Space Paladins have the sickest models! Shit those helmets are awesome! And what are the two areas you lack most? Melee and Psychic shit. What ar they fantastic at? Melee and Psychic shit.
Cons: Fuck, they have Dreadknights. Forget the cool model stuff. Aside from that, they're expensove as fuck and can eat a decent amount of points without doing a whole lot. Plus your army becomes very specialist, and if you aren't on your feet they'll quickly get roles confused and ruon everything.

Overall a good pick if you can be clever with it, an okay one even if not.

At the end it's your choice- what do you lack and who foxes that best? You'll have to choose that for yourself

not if they were sounded like that man in the begining, fucking christ

That would be the Great Unclean One, though. I imagine their voices would be like gravel shifting beneath a sewage-covered boot.

Autocannons or ectoplasm for my forgefiend?

Also should I do Hellbrutes or Ferrus infernum dreads

not in kill team. The rules (at least in the past) explicitly did not allow any models with 2+ armor saves.

Explain this shit

they have
and have not

kill team's rules aren't exactly standardized, and have gone through at least four (official) iterations

I'm not sure if the latest one mentions no 2+ saves

Simple, it's umm... well, I mean... it's just that... uhh... oh, right! GW is retarded.

Autocannons, if you absolutly must field that thing. Maulerfiend if you want something that does not cost too much.

Helbrutes (single l). and only with the datasheet formations, because deepstriking helbrutes are useful, the ones that have to walk over the map are not,

how do you orks in killteam?

How are 3 str8 ap2 blasts not worth it?

Hey Chaos players, how do you kit out your Havocs?
I haven't played since 5th and I have zero experience with Chaos in general. Is anti-air an absolute necessity?

piss poor range on an expensive platform.

Autocannons

Any Deldars here? How do Ravagers and Talos compare to one another? They're pretty similar in terms of their role, though I suppose a Talos is exclusively anti personnel.

At a certain point, a walking vehicle stops acting like a vehicle and starts moving like a creature. These walking tanks are extremely reactive to their users to the point of being an extension of their body rather than a vehicle being piolted.

Any thoughts on a build with all flamers/meltas/plasguns, or do they just wind up becoming a target without the Razorbacks that loyalists get?

I've been asking myself this question ever since Maulerfiends became a thing

You mean like a dread or a fiend?

Lascannons and Missile Launchers.

If you got the bitz, autocannons are nice but eh. You can anti-air pretty good with heldrakes and forgefiends.

thats retarded, even if it moves like a creature it would still be constructed like a machine, and therefore should still have hull points rather than wounds
the arbitrary system GW uses, if there is indeed a system, just doesnt work, especially since vehicles are far worse than their MC counterparts

I get the Dreadknight, but the other is unforgivable. It's quire literally a walker, whereas the DK is more a mechsuit. If Tau were more mech than walker, I'd be okay with it