>Dawn Age
>City-Staates
>Empires
>Decadence
>Exhaustion
>Catastrophe
>Dark Ages
>New Beginnings

Exhaustion sounds like it has room for fun.

For adventuring?

Catastrophe.

For living in as me? Empires.

>picking one
>Not letting your players influence the setting, building empires and watching them fall
>Not running campaigns from different sides
>Not jumping back in time for flashback sessions

Confirmed for shit GM

Pastoral.

I like City States.

Dark Ages.

The mighty empires have fallen, the people are weak, the churches no longer provided faith, the armies are not disciplined, the nobles decadent and aloof if they aren't out trying to kill their competitors or pressing their heels on the masses, bandits ply the woods and roads, mages are few and far between as the colleges have collapsed under their own bureaucracies, and ruins dot the land.

I'm partial to Desolation

I'm a fan of Empire sliding into Decadence

Excess is everywhere, the strong do as they please; wars are waged for prestige and loot by vainglorious nobles, driven by vanity and greed, courtly intrigue abounds as the rich fight amongst themselves, debt, depravity and debauchery rise, entire nations are gutted to sustain the Empire no matter the cost.

>no age of heroes

It's like you dont want me to roll up a hero

You're gonna love the next 4 years then.

We should have made Washington king when we had the chance.

Bump

Some folks decided to follow this up a while back. Washington's heir apparently lived in Texas but died two years ago. No clue who would be his heir now...

Dragon Age.

You can be a hero at any time famalam.

Might as well bump with another of
For Catastrophe

>It's the end of the world as we know it

Now I'm imagining the US as a HRE-style collection of principalities, dukedoms, free cities and things - maintaining that refusal of central authority while still being a kingdom

Last one of the 5 paintings, chronologically the first - Dawn Age, for OP's list

Bump

Roll back the clock to the dawn of time and sing this song with me.

The best state to play in is Pastoral following Desolation.

forgot my image

How is that not just the lowest of the Dark Ages?

You

I like you.

They literally tried, he didn't want it. He's even the reason it became convention to cut off the presidency after 2 terms.

Have to say, I kind of wonder why.
Maybe he reckoned it'd just cause trouble down the road.
Or maybe he legit just didn't want to be doing the job for decades, it's not easy running a country

He also just short of begged the people not to form political parties in his farewell address.

He believed political parties lead to people voting based on blind ideology and tribalism and prevented pursuing the common good.

Well, yeah, obviously. The purpose of a political party is to subvert the constitution. We designed government so that the branches would be semi-independent, checking one another's power. Individual members of government would do their duties based on their judgement and conscience, rather than group affiliation. Political parties fuck all of that, make the whole thing a "fuck the enemy team" sport.

Of course, there's no just way to prevent people from forming parties, which is why you need a parliamentary system which is designed to handle them.

City states just before they start forming coalitions against each other/a common threat.

>>New Beginnings

I always wanted to play a game where i colonised new planet. A little like Sid Mayers Civilisation Beyond Earth. I even have a very basic kit for colonising a planet, pic related, however what pic lacks is a cat. Because i love the idea that my kitty will be the first on the planet and that all kittys on that planet will decend from just my one. Im working off of the idea that all colonists are allowed to take a certain weight payload of kit with them.

>Washington's heir apparently lived in Texas

Lol, appropriate.

You want to be careful with cats - there's one species of bird that is often (falsely) claimed to have been killed by a single lighthouse-keeper's cat - it's more likely the cat was pregnant, or that there were a few cats - the island was said to be "swarming" before the last bird was eaten.

It may be a Dwarf Fort meme, but cats can make a lot of descendants pretty quickly.

Roll back the rock!
Turn back the clock!