Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/7R1QD7hP

Let the tempest rage on edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
A few tweaks to the resources pastebin.

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-vampire-counts-en.pdf
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-wightking-blackaxe-en.pdf
blacklibrary.com/all-products/black-library-live-2016.html
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Battletome: Soulblight when?

Probably never.

Why do people cry about gunlines, if you play AOS how it's meant to be played with objectives and lots of terrain (LoS) blocking it should be no trouble to beat them

>play beastclaw raiders
>close in a completely wreck them

Cry for the everwinter comes and the alfrostun needs meat.

From watching videos of various factions, AOS seems to suffer from a lack of charge reactions and the ability to move and charge in the same turn. I get the vibe that the charging unit is at quite an advantage, moreover because players roll off each turn, units can cycle charge without punishment.

Everything else I've watched seems fun, but bumrushing your opponent, so long as you roll well and don't charge a unit vastly better than yours, seems like a strategy with minimal counterplay

My experience with my Brayherd is that despite charging being their strong point they always either get shot before reaching combat or just don't do very well in melee

Good evening Bitches!

Not much to report. Finishing my second Varanguard tomorrow and picking up the White Dwarf and my 11$ Bloodpriest along with MAYBE an exalted chariot of Slaanesh if the shipping gods be at my store's side.

I read the Silver Tower novel, fucking love the Gaunt Summoners. Fantastic and the ending was very filling for me.

In other news, Everdank story time!
>Talking with new player in our group
>Plays death, mainly flesh eaters
>Tells me he bought some new stuff and ordered more on the way
>Ask him what he got
>"Some ghouls, a Varghulf Courtier, and two giant ghouls from forgeworld"
>WaitWhatNow
>"Yeah, they have the weird name but they are the giant ghouls with the huge mouths and missing their legs"
>You mean Mourngul?
>"Yeah those things! They look cool! I love zombie giants so I grabbed a couple"
>Have you read their rules
>"No, I thought they came with the model when you bought them."
>Oh...
>"Well I will get them ready asap so I can try them out!"
>I know the guy enough to know he probably really didn't read the rules and just bought them to look cool and fit his army...
TFW my friend is innocently going to turn the powerlevel of our game group up 11 notches of crazy...
TFW I have no real answers...

I want it... so... much...
There probably will be one, but it will be tricky for GW as the Blood Knights are insanely costed money wise. If they released a SoulBlight book I would want it with new plastic BloodKnights with more options, the old models are showing their age and are finecast... I hate that shit.

Gunlines are very specific "rock, paper, scissor" kind of army that can get shit on very easily when fighting any army that either:
A. outrange them
B. Is too tough for their shooting
C. Is fast enough to get a 20in charge reliably

Any of these armies would rape the shit out of these kinds of armies and YES objectives and mission types fuck with them as well.

Well everything comes down to the rolls naturally, 10 zombies could beat an entire army if the rolled 6 every time and the other guy rolled snake eyes. But just from my viewpoint, tarpit skirmishes and cycle charging seems to be a more valuable tactic that ranged combat and flanking. I might be talking out of my ass, I haven't been able to play a game yet but this is just my observation.

I think bringing back charge reactions: stand and shoot, hold the line, and flee. Would give greater depth of play and a way to mitigate cycle chargers

WTF is this M8's? REEEEEEEE

does this mean I can just repaint my unforged/drag. slayer and he can proxy as grombrindal? anyone have his warscroll?

forgot image

Asked this on the last thread and didnt see an answer:

Does the Gorebeast Chariots damage boost on the charge special rule really combine with the the Bloodstoker?

The stoker adds 3" to the charge, but the Gorebeast seems like you need to roll an 8 and would thus not gain the additional three damage if you rolled less but still moved three inches.

I just want to be well informed as I plan on using the combo and have some cool friends with rule nazi alter egos.

No, the gorebeast rule needs the ROLL to be an 8 or higher.

The Bloodstroker increases the movement by 3", its not a modifier to the roll, its a modifier to the movement.

Yeah pretty much, however we don't have rules for him yet, he might not be allowed in points games if you play those mainly. I would wait until we have more information before repainting anything.

>Going with the Slaanesh chariot

You wont be disappointed with it. Welcome to the best side of chaos.

Glad to know.

Will update 1d4chan with this

Someone who owns the mag, pease post Grombrindal rules.

Pretty sure it's been uploaded before, but I'll do it again anyway

And here's the Silver Tower stats

Thanks. Does he not have a points cost? Does he have any AoS fluff?

Uh yeah we do. Just not points.

I meant rules in that first sentence, we have the scroll just no points.

We don't have points, he might not be for matched play, at which point it really gets annoying but we will see.

Thanks! Painting and building will be a bitch but I look forward to mowing the grass with this thing!

looking at how the other models change from base to named
warden king 120-->belegar 140
engineer 80 --->Grimm burloksson 100
I dont see why
slayer/unforged 100 ----> White dwarf 120
couldnt be fair

Ded thread ded game

Anyone have any tips or suggestions for painting GW zombies?

Make them dark. They look bad when painted bright and really show their age. This is generally true of most older models.

Dark in what way?

Here's a wip I did of some Zoms last year, they're finished in a case somwhere.

In hindsight I wish I hadn't made their guts and open flesh all wet and fresh

Earthy tones, grimy skin. Like actual zombies, instead of the rather clean GW paint scheme.

How would you do grimy skin?

Looks nice, I like he purple. Why not do wet look guts?

I dunno, I figured if they've gotten to the point where they've half rotted to a spoopy skeleton, their innards aren't still wet and fresh, more like yellowed and rotten

Pale yellow or lightly green tinted cream might look good.

hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Have you even read that warscroll for him! Iris fucking evil...pretty much undying, can pop up next to any unit close enough to fight, re-rolls all over the place to the point he can buff another hero so he can REROLL ALL DICE RELATED TO IT! That is evil

Oh ho ho ho, I just got a, frankly, staggering / incredible bonus I don't really deserve for helping to sell a $120m IT infrastructure project to a customer who never intended to buy anything

As well as fixing up my shitty house I will now buy two age of Sigmar armies.

Tell it to me straight, how is Nurgle as a solo army for Daemons? Could I also add the Glottkin in there? Does that work?

I haven't played since... 7th?

For my zombies I used painted a skin, then washed with the gw camoshade (can't remember what it's actual name is) but a good greeny yellow makes them good and grimy

>Tell it to me straight, how is Nurgle as a solo army for Daemons? Could I also add the Glottkin in there? Does that work?
Nurgle daemons work well, they're not really hard hitters but really hard to kill, their durability probably helps a lot when you have to occupy objectives. The Glottkin work great with them.

I, too, am maybe planning zombos in the future. Would a black undercoat with rakarth flesh, kislev flesh and maybe either or both green and flesh washes be you think?

I dunno, experiment, zombies are great to play around with as (having studied forensic anthropology and spending too long staring at dead and rotting corpses) corpses never look the same! They are a good way for you to get the feel of how paints (and especially washes work). So if one you do looks too dark, skip one of the washes next time. They are one of the few units that look better if they are not all uniform.

That being said, I would suggest some more greens, blues and reds than just straight flesh, may look a little too fresh. (I would suggest ogryn camo, highlighted with nurgling green for instance, with the camo wash and maybe a blue or red wash in different areas)

Haha well his save is garbage and he has no actual general abilitues so maybe 140 but Im not sure if he could be 160. Dwarf lord on shield bearer has a better dave more wounds and hero abilities and is almost as expensive as dwarves get barring high king at 220.

Glottkin is the best leader for a mixed nurgle army since his command ability just says "nurgle models" and doesn't specify mortals or daemons

Yes, but his immortality ability that lets him only disappeared from the table if you roll a one, and on a 5/6 get him back with d6 wounds more than makes up for the lack of save or wounds

To support this, here's the green knight warscroll, and he is 200~ points

I just can't get into AoS. The models are cool, but none of them except this one appeal to me, in all honesty. The Sigmarites look too much like Sigmarines, and I don't really get why they changed the Orkz name to Orrukz. Nice models though. Just not my taste except pic-related. I love that the rules are free though, that's pretty nice.

Looks like I'll just stay home and paint my 30k stuff. I just can't play a game I have no interest in, and that sucks.

Them Quads... so butiful

And yes, that model is based as fuck!
But pay what you want man!

It's a shame he's finecast, I've only ever heard bad things about finecast. Plus he has a square base, when most of the models are switching over to round ones.

Also, I just found out his old lore from before AoS when his model was a unique character named Krell.

Khornate warrior who was so good at it he was resurrected by Nagash to be one of his 9 Mortarchs, or something along those lines? Awesome.

You have good taste in models user

Wait, I just realized I got two quads on Veeky Forums today. 5555 and 6666. Yay.

Thanks user.

Anyone know how this guy's size is compared to a Chaos Space Marine? Wondering if I could use him as my own chaos champion, or something.

He is perfect marine size, I used one for a blood angels chaplain. I just made his left hand have a sanguinary plasma pistol arm and the axe fit right in... so amazing

I've got him on my desk!

Looking to start playing AoS after playing 40k for awhile
How is the start collecting malignants box and the start collecting skeleton horde box?
I'm planing on buying both

death outside of flesh-eaters and tomb kings sucks, don't bother unless you go one of those two. Go another faction.

Pretty sweet, the knights can be made into hexwraiths or vice versa in either set, so pick either and make a unit of 10. If you want to maximize models, build the coven throne and make a necromancer out of the spare, and build some horses off eBay to make whoever you don't pick as a mortarch into vampire Lords. I'd make either Arkhan the black or Manfred, the latter being stronger, but making more sense to build Arkhan if you build the Lords on mounts.

Honestly though, you'll probably need more skeletons. When you decide what you want, remember that the tomb kings warscrolls are available to you, with Necrosphinxes being pretty solid, and giving you a wide array of ranged options

Oh, sweet! Thanks bros!

How's chaos?
They seem more interesting in AoS
Specifically a Nurgle and Khorne based army
I'll keep this in mind thanks

Khorne is pretty strong, nurgle daemons too. Look up the top 3 lists from the recent Alliance tournament. Third place was a nurgle daemon list

Finecast is...okay now. Not preferable but not nearly as bad as it was.

Square base is no big deal and is perfectly legal.

You can do Krell('s model) + a horde of skeleton minions pretty easily. It'd look great and be fun

But dont take them together. There's no rules synergy between them

Eh, I guess so. The square base still triggers my autism, so I'm probably either going to give him either a 28 or a 32 round. Anyone have pdfs of the rules? Only one in the OP says that it's too big to be opened without the app, and I have no wish to download the app.

Which, Krell's warscroll or the WK with black axe? Unfortunately his model was subsumed for the purpose of giving a model to a black axe king, so krell himself does not have a points value, if you're planning on matched play. For open or narrative, you can use his legacy scroll.

Either's fine, user.

Then first: here's the vamp counts legacy pdf including Krell.
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-vampire-counts-en.pdf
I don't get how to link the pdf through phone, so just grab it off GW's website. Oh, and you can of course do the same for the black axe wight king too, free warscroll on GW's page.

And I just found it for you anyway

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-wightking-blackaxe-en.pdf

Do the Glottkin have the worst unique spell in the game? Have a wound! But you lose it next turn, if you only had one wound and suffered a wound you die!

>Nagash casts hand of dust on Archaon
>I pick the wrong hand
>Archaon is now just dead
WHO THE FUCK CAME UP WITH THIS RULE

I thought all those silly "ebin" rules were removed in the granf alliance books, theyre still there? lol oh wow

>The Everchosen: Roll a dice if Archaon is affected by a spell cast by an enemy WIZARD. If the result is 4 or higher, he is protected by the power of the Dark Gods and the spell has no effect on him (it will still affect other units as normal).

Too bad I rolled a 1

>blacklibrary.com/all-products/black-library-live-2016.html

>'Nagash: The Undying King' by Josh Reynolds, a new Warhammer Age of Sigmar novel exclusively available from events and Warhammer World's Black Library store

Fucking GW Britfags would you stop doing this?! Don't release exclusive event books that nobody outside the UK or goes these events can buy.

I just can't drop everything and fly to the UK for just one book. Be a little considerate.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

That's how GW works
>UK get all the cool material releases
>US gets all the cool community stuff like the LVO/BAO

Also
>ebay

Use Kairos Fateweaver to change the dice to a 6

>ebay

Geee i am sure hyped for buying the book for triple the price + shipping just because I ain't a Britfag.

Unforgivable!

I'm sure you can find the digital copy somewhere... Is there a digital copy?

No.

Just the hard copy. It's an exclusive for the event.

That's what you get for declaring independence isn't. You get your representation, but you lose your books

>tomb kings
>good
>death lords
>bad

Lol touché GB. Touché.

>Have a wound! But you lose it next turn

Cast this on horde unit with 1 wound, bam! They are freaking tough and lose only 1 model max at next turn. This is the best defensive spell in game, trust me.

I am going to a 30k games night tomorrow but I just wanna play AOS instead, 1st world problems.

They were never called Orks. That's why.

>image.jpg

What a surprise.

I have a question.

In Book 9 (Mortach of Night), it has monologues of Nagash going on about "MUH SOULS RIGHTFULLY MINE!". Is that him monologuing AFTER Book 10? Because in Book 10, he doesn't seem to know how Sigmarines are made. When Mannfred manages to semi-capture the Stormcast, he finds out that it was made from a soul that used to be a mortal in Shyish.

But since that's found in Book 10 and Nagash seemed to want to help Sigmar, did this discovery of the fact Sigmar was stealing the souls for Shyish what made him change his mind?

If so, why did we get the monologue in Book 9? It's like he knew about the souls being stolen before he knew they were being stolen.

A better General's Handbook pdf is up: mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

I don't get it :(

What's the advantage of ironbreakers over longbeards? I see differences but they both seem to fill the same role in my mind

>I don't get it :(

For example, you buffed a unit of 10 marauders, if they suffered 9 wounds, you should remove 4 guys instantly, and 1 guy at the next turn(skip battleshock). Without the spell, you just remove 9 models, that's a huge difference, imho.

Oh goodness, how stupid of me, thank you for explaining.

I'm new to the game, any battleplan recommendations? What are your favorites?

>Just learnt how painful layering White onto undercoat spray is
Next time i'll just Grey base into layer/brush White

At least my wings turned out ok

Can somebody explain to me why Ogors are OP? I've not got through their Battletome yet and I can't remember the rules in Destruction.

Also, is it me, or does Lord Kroak seem stupidly overpriced and pathetically weak? Alarielle, Nagash, Archaon and Celestant Prime are insanely powerful. Kroak is just shit. His abilities aren't even unique OR good. Stardrakes can do the same spell EVERY hero phase, without a chance of casting fail, which does more damage.

Kroak also only has 10 Wounds. Everybody else has 16.

You missed Soulblight the last piece of the unholy trinity. Blood Knight armies are insanely good!

Question?

Armour of the Barrows: Halve any
wounds or mortal wounds inflicted on
Krell (rounding fractions up).

Can someone explain how this works.

If 10 handgunners shoot him, 6 of them hit, and 5 pass their wound rolls do I half THOSE, do I take my saves and then half THOSE or is it related to damage and thus would still take one damage for each? Its weird because you roll to wound, then take damage... which is wounds as well.

Blood Knight charge juggling combined with vampire Lord buffs and bat swarm debffs. Positively diabolical

Ironbreakers are a little tankier with their ignores rend -1, while longbeards are a little more killier with their great weapons and shields and buffs.

Ignoring rend -1 may not seem like much but it goes a long way as most dedicated killy units have just a rend -1, that combined with shieldwall makes them pretty damn tough.

Shame there's no tome for SB yet
I'll just have to keep Neffy as my General until then...

But then you do not get battleline blood knights

Halve the wounds that get through the save

I've posted my list many times here so i won't do it again
I use 3x 10 Zombies as battleline, and apart from Neffy and a Necromancer, the rest are all SB

I can't wait until we either get Bats as BL or just better rules

Whats SB? Son of a Bitch?

Soulblight
:^)