WH 40k Thread

WH 40k Thread
Is there any power lvl tier list? If not - feel free to say what do you think, which armies are broken, which suck.

I'm thinking about collecting Admech, they seem very fresh and interesting. What is their power level? Do they suck? Auto-win? Mediocre?

Who gives a shit? Look at them. Look at them and say that power levels can even touch those sick robes.

Yep, they look awesome as fuck. Like, relly...
But do I need to field other army with Skitarii to not lose instantly? Cult Mechanicus maybe?

They feel like mix of Tau, Necron, steampunk, "Dune", and Skaven. And of course pure awesomeness.

My 1850 tier list:

Elder God tier: Eldar, Space Marines

God tier Prime: Necrons, Daemons

God tier Secondus: 5 knights lists, Dark Angels, Tau

High tier: Admech, Space Wolves

Okay tier: Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle, Dark Eldar

Meh tier: Blood Angels, Tyranids, Orks, Chaos Space Marines

Lacking a Range of Units tier: Everything else

They're pretty solidly mid-tier. They need a combined codex. FW doesn't like you because they were going to make you, but then GW did it without telling anyone as a surprise. But you are the best army in 40k, lore-wise, of course.

Ave Omnissiah, brother.

how to build kill-team admech? GW rules, 200 pts

heres a rare admech pic

Yes and no; I've played games with just Skitarii, and they do pretty well by themselves and can take on a high mid-tier list and do okay. However to really compete, you'll want some allies. Cult mech are good for Destroyers, they'll give the anti-Elites to compliment the unholy levels of anti-vehicle and anti-infantry Skitarii have access to. For a good list, the general frame seems to be:

>Tech Dommy
>2 Destroyer Units
>2 Vanguard
>2 Rangers (if you're an objective holder type)

Then you sprinkle in whatever flavors make you happy and it'll end up pretty good. The Omnissiah protects his little tin soldiers, and everything in both codexes is very good, if not situationally brilliant

There's no one right way. Take 2 10 man of Skitarii and laugh your ass of as they overwhelm all the 3+s with firepower (unless the rumors that some ways of getting 2+ are true)

Or if that's not your thing then just grab some Infiltrators and realize 4+, 6++, 5+ FNP, and 4+ cover in the open is fucking insane. Sprinkle in either taser lasers of swords for hordes and it's a chill time.

But hey, maybe that's not your thing. So why not just take a bunch of Dragoons and spam eclectic murder or sniper harassment and laugh as all the S4 guns do nothing.

Hell, even a mob of electropriests will do a pretty bang up job against most things provided they aren't gunned down before they can get close

Do what the clear function of each option tells you to and you'll kick some ass, just be open to adapting and analyzing the situation as it is, not how you want it (which you should do anyways)

Put Convocation in secundus, put a new level above elder god for Eldar, put BAngels in okay tier and Dark Eldar in meh tier

what do you mean by skitarii in your first line? vanguard, rangers, both? thanks for your input by the way

Space Wolves #1

Sorry I should have clarified, I meant vanguard. They're 100 points for a 10 man and with the lone character thing will fuck over most anything simply because they'll fail more saves than you'll lose models.

is rad poisoning really worth more than 30" ranger range and AP4 (as opposed to 5)? or everything is viable and i'm just thinking about it too hard

+1 shot and rad poisoning is amazing, rangers are decent but Vanguard are great

It's all good, and you might be overthinking it a tad.

If you're facing 4+, the Rangers will utterly wreck your opponent. D/Eldar, Guard, Necron and Tau basics will be terrified of the 30" Ap4 guns looking their way. But in all likelihood, you'll face off against cheap MCs, bikes, and waves of 3+. And as we all know, Rad is the raddest thing for killing high Toughness models.

Seriously though, are there 2+ allowed in Killteam now? I saw someone in the general mention it, isn't there a rule saying it's not allowed?

My local gaming group is pretty small, but from what I've gathered:

Top Tier:
Eldar
Tau
Necrons
AdMech (with War Convo)
Space Marines
Chaos Daemons

Mid Tier:
Sisters of Battle
AdMech (without War Convo)
Grey Knights
Harlequins
Inquisition
Khorne Daemonkin
Militarum Tempestus
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
Dark Angels

Bottom Tier:
Chaos Space Marines
Dark Eldar
Orks
Tyranids

in the older rules of KT 2+ saves aren't allowed. I don't know about the one that was just released. It's only really a problem when it comes to crisis suits anyway, I can't think of anything else that would be broken with 2+ saves.

Most Forge World armies are also mid-tier

Most are bottom-tier, barring Ordnance Tyrants. The additions they can make to regular armies, though, are great

Top - Eldar Tau

Good - Daemons Necrons

Average - Space marines, Wolves, Knights, D Angels, Ad mech

Meh - Dark Eldar, Blood angels

Shit - Chaos, Tyranids, Orks

MAYBE move a couple of the space marines into good tier

>SoB
>that high

Nice. So what should I buy to get ready with my rad army? "Start collecting Skitarii"? Seems gud

I've found they're surprisingly capable of holding their own against most of those mid-tier armies. Against AdMech in particular, my SoB have close to a 1:1 W/L ratio.

The lost in space robots will fuck through a SoB army as they have no real way of killing them (at least killing them fast enough). Now I don't disagree SoB have some cool tools and are great in a few matchups but overall they have the weakest codex in the game.

Tyranids dominate the game at the moment, flying hive tyrants are nigh invulnerable and do all the dakka Tervigons allow them to spawn infinite amounts of ground troops for free, which means Tyranids just can't lose in the air or on the ground and will win any objective game or anything else through numbers. So your list will need to factor that in if it can or you could just jump ship and start a Tyranid army.

this guys fucking trolling you OP, sorta, flying hive tyrants are OP but they're also the only good unit in the entire codex. tyranids are trash

Yeah, I think I've already found my army. For the Omnissiah!

right on

This must be bait, nids are low tier, Flyrants are good as fuck yes, but focus fire WILL kill them, they are however one of the better units in the game. Everything else we have is pretty low, tervigons are objective holders and that's it, in 1-2 turns they become sterile on average and have weak shooting and weak CC

> 4+ cover in the open
how is this the case?

>average
>space marines

Literally top tier. They rape tau and eldar.

Don't forget the role of Dark Glass in the Golden Throne project... (ref: 'The Path of Heaven')

It could be interesting to look more at the Iron/Stone/Golden Men, except then we would be pre-Age of Strife and it wouldn't be anything to do with Warhammer 40,000 anymore. I'm not saying it's impossible, just unlikely at this stage that we will see a full series or anything like that. That's not really how GW operates.

Interesting note - from Alan Merrett's lips, the Golden Men were a genetically engineered master race, with selective breeding kind of like in 'Dune'. The Iron Men were, obviously, machines. The stone in Stone Men refers to silicon, as in they are organic intelligence, created artificially. I like to think of them like the Thirteenth Tribe from 'Battlestar Galactica', the organic cylons who left Kobol and began their own civilisation.

yeah i think that was a typo he made
they get 4+ av 6+ invuln (5 with refractor field) 6+ fnp and stealth for 6+ cover in the open

Humm, with I4, you could have a 4++ quite happily, and the FNP is 5++.
so the champ can be 4+/4++ 2 wounds with 5+FnP and +1 cover save

Noice

this might sound like a dumb question but a unit cannot fire with non-assault weapons and then charge yeah?

Unless they're relentless, which the Skitarii troops are.