Warhammer Fantasy Battle Thread

Glory Glory Caledor Edition

last thread >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Thread Topic - Why can't elfs get their shit together and conquer all of the other races if they're so superior (oh yeah, it's cause they're not). Dorfs/Ogres = Best.

Endhammer Dudes, the Beastmen poll is pretty much open and shut. There's going to be a beast kingdom. Next strawpoll is Friday for the High/Dark Elves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WY46l51kA_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Prince:
He is trampling out the stunted where the gobs and rats are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
His truth is marching on.
Glory, glory, Caledoria!
Glory, glory, (glory) Caledoria!
Glory, glory, Caledoria!
His truth is marching on

>tfw Karl franz shouts "the empire endures!"
Is TW:WH the best thing to happen to fantasy in a long time?

without a doubt. And it's only gonna get better.

>Vlad, Helman and Volkmar FUCKING TODAY

>playing as the tileans leading your men into the chaos wastes to kill the norscan tribes
>this song starts to play in your playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=WY46l51kA_8

post music you listen to while playing.

Best since Age of Reckoning.

>Empire griffons are hugeass eagles
>High elven griffons are lithe falcons
What did they mean by this?

it means elves are hungry for BIG HUMAN COCKS

they also have Phoenix and Dragons or Great Eagles.

>ruins thread with op about elfs and forgets to update thread topic dissing elfs

>implying anyone's reading the second half od an OP

THE
ERECTION

Falcons and eagles are both members of the Raptor family of birds.

Maybe "Griffon" is a larger animal family with different gens and species within it?

Something I always wanted to see was a Marco Polo/Charles Darwin-esque Naturalist adventure of Warhammer. Something along the lines of Gotrek and Felix, globe-trotting with a small band, but one of the band being a scholar from the Imperial Academy wanting to write a taxonomy of creatures (especially the weird, magical ones)

he'd have a hard time getting a foot on to Ulthuan though.

What I've been thinking of a lot was a Greenskinologist trying to get his work recognized and experimenting on snotlings and goblins.

When Tomb Kings coming to TW:WH??

I need some Mummy action.

Not for some time. I going to guess that they are going to put in the factions that can fit in the current map first

After wood elves and before skaven according to leak.

cutest Prince incoming

Nah.

I want to rub the Lady's shoulders and tell her it's okay she's an elf.

>a human

age worse than milk

in 500 years, not even dust will be left of Franz while Imrik still has a fresh baby face

Okay, but which lake is THE lake?

BY SIGMAR NO

But he outlived Imrick and lives to this day in, in some way, at least his body didn't rotten away and he got beard.
That is beauty of humans, they quickly fade but shine bright.

*shine bright among other humans

all the "heroes" and noteworthy rulers of the empire aren't even known outside the old world, Magnus the Pious is one of the most famous rulers of humanity and considered little more than a funny
acquaintance of Teclis.

all the "muh humons" wank comes from settings where the races have to be balanced out, but that's not the case with warhammer, some races are playing in completely different leagues than others. And the creation of the Empire wasn't even noticed until Finubar double checked.

>be elf
>be living in magic island for years
>judgemental.

Elf 'heroics' aren't known to humans or dwarfs either, yet sigmar is considered a true friend to dorfs and a god.

>implying this cunt isn't secretly a dark elf fag trying to make us look bad

So we can all agree woc who go around bringing giants demons and monsters to heel as a pastime are the best faction

Every time you Asur faggots fuck up, it's always 'WAA, IT WAS THE DRUCHII, WAA'. Own up to your own fucking inadequacies, you useless cunts. It's not like the Druchii are even a different race, you're just stuck in the middle of the worlds shittiest civil war.

The whole "muh humans" wank comes from people who play too much WHFRPG and think the setting is supposed to be about "muh common man" going on little adventures and political intrigue.

Neither elves nor dwarfs hold humans in very high regard, dwarfs are just easier to impress with honorable acts and swore oaths to Sigmar. Plus dwarfs know that humans will pay good money for their shit and their services, and form a good meat shield. The fact that the dwarf word for "shoddiness" also means "man made" says enough about their attitude towards manlings.

Elves see the humans as a set of living ramparts who are easy to manipulate. Until Finubar checked the old world they didn't think the humans were capable of anything but building mud huts and sharpening sticks. Even now they see humans as little more than apes (or orcs) and even the best of human heroes are held in contempt. In one of the Turion and Teclis books, Tyrion is amused the first time he sees a human speak elvish in the same way it would be to hear a dog talk.

Well at least the Empire Schism thing was resolved.

that man was also as drunk as a freshman at a frat party.

the elves of ulthuan barely knew anything apart from the druchii and the odd colony

FFS, they don't even know that athel loren is a thing.

>WHFRPG

Seriously, how do you people sleep at night?

Imagine being Isabella Von Carstein in Sylvania and having to be all like "damn, Vlad Von Carstein, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your undead body and horrific rotten monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my living version and the real undead me." when all she really wants to do is suck another 16 year old's blood in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Isabella and not only sit in that throne while Vlad von carstein flaunts his disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing his necrosis and leathery skin, and just sit there, war after war, hour after hour, while he perfected that necromancy. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on Sylvania tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, VLAD VON CARSTEIN LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his ghoulish fucking zombie face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of WISSENLAND STUDS and PRINCES and later alleged 'disappeared' virgins for your ENTIRE LIFE coming straight out of the boonies in Sylvania. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the necrosis that's breaking out on his dimpled stomach as he sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get married to sit there and revel in his "statuesque (for that is what he calls himself)" beauty, the beauty he worked so hard for with vampirism in the previous eras. And then the count of Sylvania,Otto calls for another proposal, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the sylvanian security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Isabella Von Carstein. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

I wonder how they're going to keep them from being OP as fuck, they have all the game advantages of the vampire counts plus excellent shooting and decent artillery

Probably penalty if they fight far from Nehekhara.

>tfw you find that artillery spot just right

so what do we know about the armies of tilea and estalia?

>so what do we know about the armies of tilea and estalia?
Mostly mercs, so just the Dogs of War stuff.

Tileans have a lot of mercenaries and use pikes, apparently.

Mostly pikemen and crossbow men as infantry, some artillery and firearms, knightly orders and duelists. They're more "realistic" than the empire or bretonnian armies since they're tailored more to fighting other humans than things like Orcs, beastmen and chaos warriors

To be fair, Tileans also never bought the "Skaven are a lie" thing and fight them openly and regularly.

They fight plenty of skaven and, interestingly, lizardmen.

And it's still really goddamn funny because in pretty much any version of the Warhammer Fantasy games out there your average human, elf, and dwarf aren't that statistically far apart from each other and are generally well matched.

Again its you with your drunk stories Victor. Next thing you'll say that Leitdorf was right.

>human, elf, and dwarf aren't that statistically far apart from each other and are generally well matched.
>Elves start with nearly double the initiative value in 1ed as a base. Dwarfs could sometimes start with double the toughness.

Your average elf compared to the average man is +1 in all categories except Strength, toughness and wounds. Initiative is +2 and they have always strikes first. They're esentially better than most human elite troops

Your average dwarf is +1 ws and toughness, +2 leadership, -1 movement and initiative.

Elves confirmed best race

The RPG is a better guide to the differences than the tabletop game.

Empire troops like the Free Company can often just be people who got fed up and grabbed the nearest sharp stick and walked off to join the army.

Elves could spend decades perfecting the perfect stroke and guard.

The RPG at least shows how characters from each race from the same relative starting point can differ.

I disagree.

Archaon grabbed an unruly Chaos elf by the scruff of his neck and lifted him up. The elf struggles were futile in Archaon's human grip. He was like a child to Archaon.

From this who can summarize that a fit adult human is superior to an elf.

Archaon is half-daemon and warriors of chaos aren't humans.

All in all those really aren't massive differences though. The advantages are THERE, but they're not as absurd as you'd expect reading some of the quotes from the fluff and they're not so much that a bad luck on the rolls won't get your average squad of elves butchered by human swordsmen.

And there they're not colossal either; often boiling down to about a ten percent advantage in some areas and parity and others. Again, it's a nice advantage, but elves and dwarfs ain't godlike.

>warriors of chaos aren't humans.

Weak bait is weak.

>All in all those really aren't massive differences though

The differences in the statistics in the Tabletop are not linear. S6 is way more than double the strength of S3, for example.

>And there they're not colossal either; often boiling down to about a ten percent advantage in some areas and parity and others

For comparison, Elves start with around double the initiative to Humans, and Dwarfs can start with nearly double the toughness.

Keep in mind, a ten percent advantage is literally a third again of human norm. An elf with WS 40 vs a human with WS 30 has 30% better WS in comparison.

This isn't something to sniff at, given that it can take years of experience to make this difference up.

Additionally, the biggest advantage Elves and Dwarfs have over Humans is just lifespan. They can just live longer. Gives them more time to get better at whatever they choose to do.

Do you understand that they are same kind as astartes? They don't need to eat, sleep and they are fused with armor.

"dear dammaz kron, today the umgi were brettygud"

>This isn't something to sniff at

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying that it's not an impossible or unbeatable amount. Hell, I've rolled starting humans slightly tougher than the warrior dwarf in the party in WFRP a couple of times.

How they are going to clean book of grudges of that blood?

>Do you understand that they are same kind as astartes?

Your bait is getting weaker and weaker.

>I'm not saying it is. I'm saying that it's not an impossible or unbeatable amount. Hell, I've rolled starting humans slightly tougher than the warrior dwarf in the party in WFRP a couple of times.

True enough, and yeah - an elven swordsmen can easily get dropped by some drunk humans. But those aren't the sort of stories they really tell, so they aren't as prevalent in the lore.

Gotta love that massed battery fire breaking entire units of orcs before the clash.

Our forces reform on the hillock while our cavalry launches a fresh sortie to harry the orcs

Even as our cavalry charge is spent, the orc lines begin to buckle, separated from his men, Leonardo Catrazza fights on, his ring bringing ruin to the greenskins

A decisive victory for the men of tilea!

Well, keep pretending that WoC are same mortals as state troopers then, they say delusion is bliss.

Weakest bait is weakest. But for your own education, go do some research on transhumanism and read up on what it means to stop being human.

How is the game? I've been tossing up between getting it or not. It looks fun, but how's the feel of the setting? Is it better than the Gehemeschnacht (sp?) mod for Crusader Kings 2?

I literally don't know how to interpret that. Is the game not worth getting?

It's good fun, but I haven't played it much recently because I don't care for any of the current factions that much. I'm waiting for Dark Elves, or whichever Elves they put in first.

If you like WHFB it's certainly worth getting. They'll keep adding features, units, heroes and factions so there's always something to look forward to.

What's the game like when you're not fighting massive battles? Is there plenty of interesting events/agent interactions to keep you interested, or is it just a WFB simulator?

The campaign map typically has something going on, be it battles between other factions, news of happenings in your territory, etc. It's not totally a battle simulator, though with skirmish and online modes you get that too. It's very similar to other Total War games with lots of WHFB flavor.

If you've played the other Total War games, how would you rank it in comparison?

I only have the original Rome and Medieval to compare it to, but I'd say it's slightly below Rome: Total War in quality. It might be nostalgia talking but I also really love the WHFB setting so I'm not eager to put it down. It gets bonus points because it is Warhammer, and the devs managed to implement large creatures and magic really well. It's a solid game.

Might give it a try through Skidrow before I commit to a purchase. It's a damn crime that games don't offer demos these days.

Say what you will about AoS and it's fuckery, at least the rules are freely available to peruse. Same with Infinity, now that I think about it.

Now that I think about it...

Question For All:

Would Warhammer Fantasy have done better or worse if it's rules were freely available?

One thing that's interesting is that if you play, say, the Empire, you actually only start out as Reikland; the early part of the Empire game is basically getting the band back together by diplomacy or by force.

>skidrow
>he doesn't know.

..w-what?

What don't I know?!

Game isn't cracked, you can't pirate it. By giving money for it you pay for last chance of seeing Old World.

That's interesting - I'd seen the Empire armies having different colors, so I assumed maybe you could chose which province's colors you wanted to be your primary colors.

Does every faction need to pull itself back together? Is it like Medieval 2 with a lot of grey neutral areas, or more like Empire with lots of minor factions?

>so I assumed maybe you could chose which province's colors you wanted to be your primary colors.

Willing to bet you can in multiplayer, at that.

Really? A quick google search is saying otherwise. But even if that's wrong, it'll only be a matter of time before it is.

>Does every faction need to pull itself back together? Is it like Medieval 2 with a lot of grey neutral areas, or more like Empire with lots of minor factions?

From what I've seen there's a sizable number of minor factions, but there's also a group of "Empire Secessionists" you have to go kick the dicks of as one of the first things that needs to be taken care of. Dunno about the other factions yet.

Another thing to note is that it seems like if you fuck up badly enough the other Elector Counts can kick Karl Franz off the throne.

>there will never be the WFB game that you really wanted

Fuck.

Wait, they're actually adding factions? I thought they decided early on they weren't going to do that. Was one of the reasons I quit following news about the game.

They added beastmen and WoC already, next will be Wood Elves and Bretonnia. There will be two separate expansions with new races and map.

Son of a BITCH.

You must've been masturbating under a rock all this time. They've said on Twitter that they're eventually going to add all 16 main factions (which includes Chaos Dwarfs).

Well, not under a rock.

But in all seriousness this does mean I have some catching up to do.

What would your perfect WFB vidya look like?

Are the Tyrion and Teclis books worth getting?

Only those wearing chaos armor. The rest just wears heavy armor.

Don't feed the trolls.

Only for the hardcore crowd. Otherwise just download and reading them on a Kindle.

wocs are giant bootlickers and in the end are just a power creep device that makes chaos itself look bad

>oh yeah? you know how powerful this greater daemon is? he's so fucking powerful! but guess what, this champio is even morw powerful, he killed 8 greater daemons with his bare hands alright, that's how powerful he is

like a kid hyping up his toys to always one up his frieds

Asking here because I can't find the answer, google failed me.

8th Edition Gold sigil sword vs ASF - How does it work?

An Elf player started an argument yesterday, and it has never come up before - He insists that, because the sword only strikes at initiative, he still "counts" as a higher initiative, thus he gets his rerolls on his elves who has a higher initiative if we ignore the gold sigil sword.

Never heard anyone argue that before, and literally everybody else have played it that you don't get ASF rerolls if the opponent has a gold sigil sword.

I am tempted to just free up points for sword of swift slaying to stop his bitching, but neither WE, DE or QB vampires have even vented the idea that they still get rerolls before, so it took be a bit off-guard.

Bonus question: How the fuck does Ogre Kingdom deal with massed Ethereals? A new guy is spamming about 4 units of the fuckers, and I don't seem to have anything that helps against it. Yhetees?

Elf players full of shit. He's literally just being an asshole.

As for your undead problem, fraid you're fucked mate. Shit's a hard counter.

The men of tilea march into the southern empire in support of their dwarf allies.
Our plan is to sack several empire cities and use the riches to fund an invasion of estalia.

Our forces set up on one side of the narrow vale, overlooking the forces of the empire on the other side. Leonardo Catrazza looks spectacular on his griffon

our cavalry moves up the flank to harrass the foe into attacking us. If it fails we have no choice but to withdraw.

our harrassment is successful, seeing the brave carabiniers crest the top of the hill, the entire wissenlander army charges downwards to engage our line.