Mecha Space Pirate Quest LIV

Welcome back, Kestrels, to the fifty-fourth installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest. As always, I am Wong, your host. Today you are once again Admiral Roarke S. Starwind of the Iron Kestrels.

Today is a special day for reasons that will be revealed later in the evening.

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Today is a big day for you. You're going on air after lunch, to make several announcements to the public, a few of which at least might shock the populace of the solar system. Nonetheless, you wake up bright and early, go for a long run, exercise, enjoy a good breakfast, and make your way to the mech bay. After all, you're curious about how the Knuckle Kaiser is coming along.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YUbKCLSP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>once again Admiral Roarke S. Starwind
Fucking awesome

As you can see, we're having a little diversion before the interview. This is intentional, it gives you time to get together the points you want to make during the interview, arguments, and particularly impressive lines. It's always good to get your story straight. For instance, I noticed some Anons in previous threads discussing using the fleet to establish an independent state in the asteroid belt, or at least take over some more territory. Whether you want to announce that, and how, would be an important thing for me to know before we get into the interview itself.

BIG MOTHERFUCKING ZHAM

AAWWW YYEEAAHHH!

We should wait to declare ourselves intil after Haman and the Martians leave our colony since we don't want them coming and trying to haggle with after we basically tell them that we are taking the belt

>just finished going over the archives
>my first thread, and Roarke's back
BUENO

YAHOOOOO!
FINALY! I waited so longo for this...

As always, if someone is interested in Brigada Ligeira Estelar, you can talk to me for any informations you might want... My english is very rusty from desuse but i will do my best to answer in the best way i can.

My second thread here, welcome aboard kouhai!

*Yoritomo Intensifies*

"Unacceptable!" Barks out a sharp, upper-class female voice with a refined Martian accent.

"I must admit, it is NOT the sort of thing a proper young man from Mars would do! I'm rather shocked with you too, Mohammed." Adds a voice with a similar accent and tones, but richer and more womanly where the first voice was more high-pitched and girlish.

You look around, spotting Fatima by her height and the way the mechanics are sort of diverging around her like a stream around a particularly haughty rock. She has one of Mohammed's ears caught between forefinger and thumb, and is pulling on it. Shukriya has his other ear, and is tugging even harder.

"It's haram." Fatima states plainly.

"Absolutely haram!" Shukriya insists.

"Completely against the dictates of the Caliph! Don't you know a high emissary from Mars is coming here? I was hoping to introduce you! Is this how one of my former knights should act!?" Fatima scowls at the poor boy.

Mohammed seems to be at a loss for words. The expression on his face is one you've seen on Harpy pilots who've gotten a little too close to a rocket fusillade. He spots you, though, through the crowd, and his eyes fill with hope.

"A-Admiral!" He calls out, and the two women notice you as well.

>[Good luck, Mohammed! A man should solve his problems himself!]
>[Protect Mohammed's smile! You can't let your officers be bullied, even by Fatima!]

Give him a thumbs up, turn 360 degrees and walk away.

>[Protect Mohammed's smile! You can't let your officers be bullied, even by Fatima!]
no one gets left behind.

Hey, it's up. Finished off the Delphinus and Beiji designs, trying to get them as close to the original Gundam and it's rediculousness as possible.
pastebin.com/YUbKCLSP

Shit. I want to get a chair so that we can sit down here and watch.

>>[Protect Mohammed's smile! You can't let your officers be bullied, even by Fatima!]
His is a smile that must be protect, just like his hair is the hair that must be ruffled.

>>[Protect Mohammed's smile! You can't let your officers be bullied, even by Fatima!]

Yeah... You are right, i agreewith you on that, hamam would probably try something...
What about doing things in this order?
1-The Idol Concert
(wait main Jupiter's Forces go away at the end of that,start the Tournament!)
2-Negociations
(Wait the emissaries go away)
3-The Final From the Tournament and the announcement
of the Libertarian Anarchcapitalist Pirate Principality of the Belt

I'd say announce it at the end of the tournament

They're probably saying something about him piloting a humanoid mech. For fuck's sake.

>>[Help...Give him the ropes, but let him get himself out of trouble alone]

Been rereading the quest during my downtime (Currently at the Master Training arc) and I think I have the third SOUL B member deal figured out.

First, the real third member is Lysa, Jesus' girlfriend. I noticed how he seemed kind of betrayed during the Third Mate reveal when we picked up Doctor Clancy and it would explain why he was perfectly willing to go along with the doctored footage during his interview on air.

Now the Priest (Who's name I forget) plays the double role of being both the official 'face' of the third B member, as well as being Lysa's bodyguard. There's no way in hell Ceaser meeting him in the church while Lysa was there was a coincidence.

Now why they would go this far to keep the real pilots identity a secret, most likely either Lysa doesn't want to deal with anymore comparisons to Red Siren than she already deals with, or she doesn't want her role as a military pilot to publicly clash with her hippy liberal idol bullshit.

>she doesn't want her role as a military pilot to publicly clash with her hippy liberal idol bullshit.

Fucking gundam hammer. Seeing one of them come around the hammer is almost as bad as seeing the fucking O in gundam online.

The only thing about that is during one of the fights Roarke noticed that the S-Slayer's pilot was better than him, and that was weird because he's an ace and should know anyone on that tier. Lysa is a teenager, and all of the teenagers we've seen, even the really badass ones, have dicepools of 16 or so at best, how would she get that good? Is she a grown-up Puru?

Gotta keep the officers loyal

By the way, Wong whats your opinion on Genocyber? I finally got around to watching it this weekend and it was kickass. Elaine would make a good daughter for Clemmy

Sry, its already established that first mate was the saboteur onboard the Jaburo

Remember guys she also told us that she has a better shade of hair then we do, so its probably someone with a similar shade of hair, ie Reccoca

Pretty much. Lysa seems too much like a political mastermind than a fighter. There is also the fact that Reccoca managed to pull off an act to escape with that whole 'Violate' scenario.

You look up at where the Zulfiqar is resting in its rack. Polished almost until it glows, its smooth, organically curving lines and transparent display surfaces give it an ultra-modern appearance. It's a damned strange thing, to see something like this in the bay of a pirate ship. On the other hand, it's a damned strange thing to have a pirate ship this size.

You clap your palm to your forehead. For fuck's sake, is this what they're bullying him about?

You make your way over, the hope dawning in Mohammed's eyes.

Shukriya smiles triumphantly, "Sir Admiral! Please, although you are not Martian, give guidance to this reprobate. He's flouting our traditions and shaming the Ahmad family!"

"The Black Ogre does not transform, why should my Zulfiqar?" Mohammed sulkily insists, trying to tug his ear out of her grip unsuccessfully.

"Why...well...because...tell him, Cousin Fa! Cousin? Cousin!?" As the expected support does not arrive, Shukriya glances in confusion towards Fatima.

[Continued]

Well heres the plan I made a while ago

>1.Interview with Gretchen
>2.Invite Stern, Kycilla, and Soul A to concert/tourney, Make sure they know its important
>3.Train with Master Asia until Tourney
>4.Have Stern, Kycilla, and Soul A sit with us and Haman during the show to keep her from pulling shit
>5.After Haman leaves sit down our Navy friends and tell them everything we know about both sides and tell them our plans
>6.Ask them to join our side or at least work towards getting rid of Haman
>7.Announce our new Kingdom before the final match up between us and the finalist so the max amount of people are watching
>8.Profit

All the while recruiting as many of the competitors as we can during the Tourney

Fatima's expression has gone from stern to gently doting, "Good morning, my wolf~ Did you sleep well? Ah...your hair is all messy, hold still, I'll fix it. Did you eat already?" She lets go of Mohammed's ear to fuss with your hair, combing it out a little with her fingers and smoothing it down with headpats.

"Yes, I had breakfast. Anyway, about Mohammed..." You try to cut in to defend your subordinate, but Fatima is relentless.

"Good. You need to eat at least something every morning to keep your strength up." She gives you a sunny smile, "I cleaned your jacket, I heard you're going on JNN today and I wanted you to look your best."

"Cousin!" Wails Shukriya.

Fatima glances at her questioningly.

The younger Martian girl pouts, "Are you abandoning your own family?"

Fatima considers it, then kisses your cheek, "Priorities, and Roarke IS part of my family."

"You're not married yet! Can't you take my side just a little longer!?" Shukriya pleads.

Fatima sighs, "Roarke, Mohammed is an upstanding Martian boy and for the sake of my cousin I am obliged to ask you to be a good moral compass to him. His man-shaped mech is not in keeping with the image of a proper Martian ace."

[Continued]

But hes not a Martian ace now, hes a PIRATE ACE

Yup. It's a good old fashion piece of 'fucking your shit up' technology and I tried to do it justice. Looking at it now that I statted it, the Delphinus and Beiji would actually be damn good for a sudden orbital drop. Would be harder to spot coming in and could preform a rather nasty decap strike if done right.

>Fine by me, he hasn't been a Martian ace for a while Dejah Thoris

How does reentry work in this system?

I was thinking a neat idea for a pirate machine would be something that can enter and exit the atmosphere as it wanted. For example you can just stick the ability onto a harpy for an extra 13CP.

He's a pirate first, Martian second.

A man needs every edge he can get his hands on to survive out here, no chance to be picky about it.

You need to buy the system which becomes more expensive the heavier the machine is. 1 Cp per 10 tons or so. You can have it be external, which gives you -2 for Mv, or internal which eats up space. So I made it internal and used space efficiency. It can only be used once before having to be recharged, but considering getting out of the atmosphere requires a crazy MA to begin with, there is no reason to have it be multi use.

You nod solemnly, "You're right as always, I have to set a good example for my people to follow."

"I knew I could count on you, Roarke Starwind." Fatima's voice is warm, but there is a flash of suspicion in her eyes.

"Be like me, Mohammed." You pose, "...A true pirate."

Fatima sighs, "And there it is. Oh you wolf..." She grumbles, but without any bite to it.

"Yes! I, who pilots a humanoid mech, carries off highborn women over his shoulder, and eats lots of bacon sandwiches!" You proclaim proudly, as Fatima facepalms.

Mohammed's eyes shine with the light of youth inspired by their teachers, "Yes, my Admiral!"

"Be your own man! Break down the obstacles in your path!" Infusing your words with the fire of your warrior soul, you point dramatically at him while hugging Fatima with your free hand.

Shukriya just stares in noncomprehension, "But Mohammed is part of the Ahmad household, he should..."

"Mohammed is part of my household, he's one of my treasured officers. He wears my uniform and pilots a mech for the Iron Kestrels. He is by definition a pirate ace. It's fine, everything he does reflects upon me, not Fatima." You squeeze your Martian bride-to-be and she smiles tolerantly.

"Fatima, say something!" Shukriya demands, stomping her foot.

Fatima glares at her, "It can't be helped. Now stop pouting, it will give you wrinkles. Since you insisted on coming here, go make yourself useful. I don't see any oil on those hands, how are you earning your food and lodging exactly? Are YOU a hostage?" Her eyes narrow as she stares down the younger woman.

"N-no, but..." Shukriya's shoulders droop.

"No buts. I may be slightly disappointed in his decision, but that's how it is." Fatima's stare doesn't waver a single micron.

"If it helps, humans don't have horns like that. Or such big forearms. It's clearly patterned after a...a..." You fumble for a name from Species of Earth and then decide to just make one up, "A Greater Crested Ape, native to Chad."

[Continued]

So if we get it we can piledrive a mech into a planet from space?

>Roarke bringing more Earth knowledge

Dude is educated as fugg.

>A Greater Crested Ape, native to Chad
You can trust that Roarke Starwind fellow; he's seen "Species of Earth" over a dozen times!

That and those vehicle pod cockpits are both technologies being researched by the UJCIDF.

Transat Ability is the same thing but its a 0.15 multiplier that also lets you exit the atmosphere in jet form with a one off refuelable booster and as far as I can tell lets you do re-entry as much as you want.

Pretty much! The stuff protects the user, but if we were to say.. body board a mech to the earth, they'd likely lack the same thing. Another thing to consider, this only prevents you from the issues of reentry. Boosters, flight, or parachutes are required not to become a metal pancake.

>A Greater Crested Ape
Moe's face when.

She crested macaque if you know what I mean!

You can't make a monkey out of Roarke

They are both good things to have for a war. Pinpoint strikes that are hard to detect make for great moves, especially for dealing with planet scale campaigns. The vehicle pods also protect the ever valuable pilot, which allows them to escape and simply get in another machine. The Beiji may cost 3 pumpkinseeds, but in the hands of a good pilot, it will last quite a bit longer.

Took me a second.

The fact that Mohammed is, to my memory, a sword user and has a mech based on a ape terrifies me.

Though I suppose if Mohammed really wanted to he could find a way to compromise.

Nonhuman mechs are not so big a penalty that Mars got xed out of being a millitary powerhouse using them.

All he needs are grapplers on the feet to quad wield swords.

"Eyaah!? Really!? Oh wow, I didn't know you were so erudite, Admiral Starwind! Although of course, I should have expected it from Cousin's husband-to-be!" Shukriya's eyes shine, and she nods vigorously to express how impressed she is.

You nod too, "Yes, it has extremely large, bushy eyebrows, so big they stand up above its head. The alpha males have the largest eyebrows, creating an appearance of horns."

"Oh wow! Poor Mohammed, I am so sorry..." Shukriya begins patting his head as if it would soothe having his ear yanked on.

"A Greater Crested Ape, hmm?" Fatima looks at you sidelong. You don't need telepathy to see that she isn't buying it for an instant.

"Yes. From Chad." You confirm, as seriously as you can.

"Of course. From Chad." She repeats.

"Have you ever been to Chad, Cousin? You've been offworld, right? With the whole masked ace thing...oh no! Was I not supposed to mention that!?" Shukriya claps her hand over her mouth, looking stricken.

"Chad is on Earth, so no." Fatima sighs, "I suppose it wasn't going to stay a secret."

You look down at her, "I was going to ask you about that. I heard about this Martian ace named Dejah Thoris, she's supposed to be extremely talented, do you know her?"

[Continued]

You could always just mount them directly to the legs.

Well no, all he needs are grapples and knowledge on how to coordinate four swords and leg sword fighting styles.

Though I cant argue, my oc mech involved a salvager welding as many salvaged arms to a torso as possible in some abomination to every god of ethics known.

Roarke is bullshitting. Regina Hatsheput didn't even think about anything but making a "darling hero mech for my darling Mohammed and it's going to be cute and fancy and have AoE beam blunderbusses~" when she had it built on board the Jaburo.

Beam blunderbusses you say? I must know more.

Well it's cute so it's okay.

Now we just have to wait and see how shes going to react to Shukriya

She's coming to the concert right?

Fatima snorts, "Hmph. You've got to understand, there are certain things people say about an attractive young woman who has outstanding talent with a mech and becomes famous. If you don't believe me, ask Red Siren. Even if those rumors are completely empty, it can be enough to put off an insecure suitor and I have a duty to marry well, so...I put on a mask. Even if it was a paper-thin deception, the fact that I was making an effort at modesty made my flying more respectable." She smiles, "My mother had a book, 'Jon Carter of Mars', about a wonderful warrior from Earth who rescues a princess. Even though it got so many details of Mars wrong, for it was written in ancient times long before mankind set foot on the Red Planet, I still loved that story and the brave red princess. Anyway, I was pretty young, on the edge of seventeen, when I drove a group of raiders out of a village bordering my family's land with one of my father's tanks. It hadn't been painted with our livery yet, and as I was leaving one of the village elders called after me, asking to know who I was. It was the first name that popped into my head, and after that, I just...went with it." She smiles, "It's an embarrassing nickname, isn't it? You're smiling, are you laughing at me, Roarke?"

You shake your head, "I know a thing or two about embarrassing nicknames, I'm still Dude McCool to some of my friends."

Fatima bursts into well-bred laughter, and after a moment Shukriya joins her.

You rub the back of your head, "I, uh, didn't want anyone to know my middle name was Susan. It's not very tough, and back then I thought the strong, silent thing was cool. So Captain Ozark renamed me and called me that even after I told people what my actual name was."

Fatima smiles and shakes her head, "Dude or Roarke, you're mine and I treasure you." She kisses you, "I'll go get lunch started."

You look askance at her, "But I just finished breakfast."

She winks, "I hunt my own rabbits."

[Continued]

So has Sam talked to her brother about marrying Roarke or is poor Pierre about to get broadsided by the news broadcast?

M.O.E. System Energy Pool x2: 57 CP base, 6 spaces, 20 CP of power available per weapon, 10 kills, 5 tons
Form 1 Beam Buckler: DA -1, SP 8
Form 2 Beam Pata: WA+2, 7K, EMW (treats SP as 4 less than usual), Quick
Form 3 Beam Blunderbuss: Range 500m, WA +1, 6K, Wide Angle (Hex, essentially each attack is an AoE cylinder with a radius of 150m extending from Mohammed to the endpoint of the attack, Infinite Ammo

It's in your mechbay so it's kosher to show you.

>that pic

Even better, wonder how Clemmy's family, or Red's family is going to react

I think the dude figured it out by now. He's not stupid. Just unfortunate.

Moe is packing a lot more heat these days.

Thats a pretty nice weapon to be honest. Takes out mook swarms like a champ while still able to ATATATATA a man to death with beam blades. I'm sure he'd get along swimmingly with Simon.

Hum... What about giving a mask to Mohammed and making him our own masked ace?

That would end the haram problem... No?

So how should the structure of the interview go anons?

I was thinking something like
>Questions
>Hype marriages before commercial
>Talk about Toureny
>Then Marriages

And I need to take an hour to eat dinner since I will be typing nonstop after that. See you at 11:30, everyone. Polish your silver tongues, you love the public and the public loves you.

He's kind of known.
And more importantly, its a religious thing. If you only follow commandments because people are LOOKING you aren't actually following them and as a pirate why be pious if you don't intend to pray?

I actually really like the space muslims so id prefer a haram mech (Lets get some motherfuckin zoids), but Mohammed has explicitly never given a shit.

Rolled 8 + 16 (1d10 + 16)

Alright lets see how the dice are feeling today,

Rolling to seduce all of Gretchen's listeners again

Where the fuck is that reaction image for this? I swear I have it.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Never Change Thunderbird

Do we have a product to plug?

I'd do it the way i see talk shows go. They talk about the event, then we talk about us and our deeds. Roll clip of ass kicking. Then we go talk about the rewards and why we are doing this, amp up the feels ( I actually DONT know why we are doing this I forgot) and surprise everyone by having secretive Bluegill Joe ace Dejah Thoris personally duel us live at bluegill joe to be available to people who watch the show online or live since we don't have a band.

Rolled 9 + 16 (1d10 + 16)

I do what I can user, lets see if we can seduce all the woman in the solar system

The product would be the tourney but were using the questions from the fans and marriage talk to draw in the views so the most people will be watching when we announce the tourney. Were using the tourney to recruit mooks and aces and see if we can find a better grunt mech then the Harpy

Pretty sure we are doing it because we thought it would be cool.

THE DICE GODS HAVE SPOKEN!!

Okay,Lets think this through before he come back.

So, anything more besides the marriages and the Tourney?

Are we going to say anything about the concert?

Which style of competition you be this be? any catch?

Will everyone be able to participate if they want?

And more, about our kingdom...what are your opinions about how should we rule it? Is this going to be some kind of Absolute Monarchy like Avalon? Or some kind of libertarian(is this the word for it in english?) propriety without taxes and with Hookers and Blackjack allowed?

The tournament is a means to kill multiple birds with a zaku sized rock. First off, publicity and money from bets. Second off, seeing which mechs do well can serve as the basis for our fleet and give us something sturdier than a bluegill. Third, we want ace pilots and those interested in us to pop in. Fourth, takes eyes away from Lysa and Fairchild.

Hum... This makes sense... but THINK ABOUT MOHAMMED CHAR!

lol

We have our line of Yoritomo products...
But i don't think Fatima will agree in playing Bluegill Joe... Because of the "man-formed" thing

>kill multiple birds with a zaku sized rock
Fucking Doan.

Just spitballing, but in order

We can talk about the fight with Avalon and all of our recent battles/adventures

We should promote the concert mostly focusing on Red

I was thinking battle royal to weed out the mooks and then normal tourney set up with how ever is left

Anyone who can pay the 10 grand entrance fee, or they can put up their mech as collateral

Kind of a mix, Roarke is the king and all citizens are either working on the colonies or joining our crews. But there won't be many rules and will kind of be like the wild west that way

Isn't it going to be Fatima Char? She's actually masked.

>kill multiple birds with a zaku sized rock
This
What about Zakus?

Hehehe, i'm kidding

but what about Pumpkin Seeds II? Aren't they 120CP like Wong wanted? I don't know much about this system yet... But i belive we could do some minor modifications for our tastes if it's necessary.

Their a symbol of the Jovians if we want to start up our own faction then we need our own lines of mechs to show were legit, a retooled Zaku might actually work well

Could be more a protection sort of thing. Supply machines services and the like and you are under Kestrel protection. Any pirates that mess with said colony get a visit from the Kaiser. Colonies we take over however we just take a fee from them. No looting or killing, just a charge of services and the like which would be relatively higher due to us putting our own machines there.

Eventually we will get our Pirate Solomon/Nice Colony with war capabilities.

You are forgetting Something, Removing the major corps from our space, they don't give a shit about people, and should not have too much of a presence in the belt, lets keep it that way

Thing is we want control of the belt since it's like being in charge of Gibraltar, you control a major way in and out of the system and can then raid ships that have to cross the area or we can charge then a fee to cross, we can't do that as much with a mafia like set up since the colonies might just let them through

Agreed we need to start up our own mech building companies with Cornelius as its head

No, in fact they aren't.
Don't you remember what irina said? They got discredit because of Roark and that was why she ended up in the middle of nowhere.

AND by doing that we would be ashaming Jupiter by turning an better version of their symbol against them and one more time proving them incompetent even in using their own weapons....

Zakus are the shit man, I'd be more than okay with them being our signature mook mecha.

But why not just make our own mechs? I'm sure that Karen and Cornelius can come up with a better design instead of us just relying on the Navy to come up with our ideas

>not having z'gocks

First you need a place of power that is not the Auditorium to host the factory.

It's not our capital to have, it's Siren's and you can't trust all your laifu with a single waifu.

Not that she'll betray us but if we depend on Siren's stuff for everything it makes the others auxillaries. Like how Richard and Miles dont really matter that much anymore.

Plus we can pimp another place out for production and defense.

Well, the entire ransom for the Pally will likely be more than enough to buy a colony or two. The factories and Fatima's connections should help there and with Karen's help we got a skilled designer mechanic who will make sure the assembly line will run smoothly.