Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How do you all feel about the new Triple H pact wizard, the most broken archetype in the whole game? Would you ever allow it?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Forrest's Novaburst Savant playtest: i.4cdn.org/tg/1472696308225.pdf

Old threads: (contains complete Haunted Heroes Handbook and pact wizard) and

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tg/1472696308225.pdf
docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing
paizo.com/paizo/news/v5748eaic9ux1?Paizo-Announces-Bestiary-6-for-Pathfinder
1d4chan.org/wiki/Lamia#Pathfinder
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/lamia.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Forrest's Novaburst Savant playtest: i.4cdn.org/tg/1472696308225.pdf

Is that even a playtest? I thought it was just homebrew. Also didn't Forrest leave?

Taking Jolly's post, because it was forgotten yet again

Reminder that despite not being in the OP, the Legendary Villains: Vigilantes playtest is still going on.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

paizo.com/paizo/news/v5748eaic9ux1?Paizo-Announces-Bestiary-6-for-Pathfinder

>Satanic Panic! Truly legendary heroes require truly legendary foes, and now these world-ending menaces have arrived! Within this book, you'll find hundreds of monsters for use in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Test your mettle against Archdevils and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, two-headed dragons and the Wild Hunt, conqueror worms or living statues haunted by dead gods, troops of goblins or strangely sentient oozes, and myriad other menaces suitable for all levels of play! Yet not every legend needs to tell of foes, and within these pages you’ll also find that new empyreal lords, dragons from Heaven, and the mythical Green Man all stand ready to aid you on your quests—if you prove yourself worthy.

>Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 6 includes:

> More than 200 different monsters.
> Strange new player-character-suitable races like the canine rougarou, the watery fey naiad, the crazed monkey goblin, and the Lovecraftian yaddithian, Darklands-dwelling munavri.
> Powerful foes from myth and legend, such as the Archdevil Mephistopheles, Charon of the River Styx, and that notorious haunter of holidays known as Krampus!
> New animal companions, constructs waiting creation by skilled spellcasters, and a new category of true dragon from the Outer Planes.
> New templates to help you get more life out of classic monsters, including the shape-changing vermin-themed entothrope and the intelligent hivemind swarm.
> Appendices to help you find the right monster, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat.
> Expanded universal monster rules to simplify combat.
> Challenges for every adventure and every level of play.

What are you most excited for here?

>Strange new player-character-suitable races like the canine rougarou

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Darklands-dwelling munavri.

... oooo... ooo... oo... o.

Roil Dancer was a playtest in disguise too.

That's true.

Though I suspect it's more that anything Forrest writes is a candidate for being published by DSP at some point. Fool's Errand was also homebrew, according to her in the irc, before she tuned it up into a real disc.

So, I'm wanting a Lamia-like race that's not too strong to be used like players. The snake-girl kind, not the lion-taurs. Preferably more "constrictor snake" and less "I have lots of SLAs" if possible. Any ideas/suggestions? I plan to use the "despite being large, uses weapons like a medium creature" stuff from the Lamia Matriarch, at least.

I seriously hope Rougarou are actual wolfpeople like Baknarla or you motherfuckers are gonna be awooing till judgement day.

Sthein from Bloodforge 1!

They make great grapplers.

Medium size, +2 str, +2 cha, -2 wis/int (I dunno)
Give them a constrict attack when grappling, minuses to saves against cold effects, bonuses/immunity to trip attacks.

Hey there Curse. How you doin'?

Forrest! Is the novaburst shitname a playtest or homebrew?

Oh, that's nice. I could tweak it a bit to make them into the powerful jungle dwellers I'm looking for!
Thanks muchly!

Just use lamia commoners.`

The common Lamia are actually lion-taurs, not the snake girls I'm after
Seems a case of mistaken identity, friend. Never gone by that moniker before.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Lamia#Pathfinder

Nagas are cute snakes

Lamias are SHIT

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Lamia#Pathfinder
Ah, they're from something I never heard of, I was thinking of the ones here: paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/lamia.html

My apologies.

No prob! Hopefully that works for you.

It was the easiest thing from the actual books to grab as a "similar to this", the goal is cute jungle snakes with a focus on "strong" rather than "magic". They just wanna cuddle you for your warmth!

pls don't put races that are your fetish in your game tia

Man, I wish they had a constrictor-style alternate racial that gave them a... well, a constrict. I suppose they would both qualify for Final Embrace, though, which would give them a grab AND a constrict.

Forrest was encouraged to seek publishing by her supportive teammates.

1. Mistaken identity, again. Seriously, I go by the handle Mokou-tan, just to stop this from happening more.
2. You can't stop me, nobody can. Besides, I'm adding monster-girl races for my players more than myself, which is why I was asking for ones that could be used by players.

Here

Reading over online reviews and some of the side material on PF, man I am reconsidering running this at all.

It seems the bigger problems with core show up when the game hits the mid levels, and I was thinking of running a low level campaign from the beginning, but apparently the best way to easily solve the balance issue would be to just veto the wizard class entirely? How does that sound?

I ran into some issues with my previous game where one of my players was way above the others in overall capacity, and I'd like to not have this happen again.

You guys told me to use SoP and other DSP material, but honestly what I wanted by switching from 3.5e to a new system was to keep things simple and side material to a minimum. Apparently PF is the wrong choice for this.

Man, I just don't know, I'd appreciate some more tips and feedback for a beginner GM trying to run PF as the new ruleset for his group.

tia is short for thanks in advance

What I'd suggest if you're worried about caster supremacy is just limit casters to the 6th level casting classes.

I'm sorry, what?
You mean a side material or just restricting magic up to the tier 6 spells?

No, not using the cleric, druid, wizard, sorcerer or the like, and allowing only caster-classes who can reach sixth level spell maximum.

Note that this doesn't necessarily prevent them from making items that use 7th+ level spells - it just makes it harder to succeed at making those items.

Is it just me or am I the only one really confused on how her panties are working?

use the classes that naturally only get spells up to sixth level.

For 1pp, that would be: bard, alchemist, inquisitor, magus, summoner, hunter, investigator, skald, warpriest, mesmerist, occultist, and spiritualist.

Ok, so what I said about veto-ing wizards then.

I'd think this is the most simple and clean solution, but I fear it might not resonate well with the group.

>Mokou-tan

Forrest please go.

Look at how many classes are in .

If your players can't find SOMETHING they want to play out of all those + all the martial classes + all the 4th-level casters, then slap their shit and get a new group.

Well, most of those aren't in core either, in fact from that list I can only see bards in the core book.

Oh christ, don't play core only, what the fuck is wrong with you?

You'd be better off banning core entirely than that.

So? Core is garbage, and usually is for RPGs.

This should surprise literally no one who has designed something ever: your chances of getting it right the first try are basically zero.

The whole "splatbooks are what ruins games" is only situationally true.

How would I know, I have never play this.

The issue here is that I don't want to have to browse through 5 books every time we have to play. Keep things simple. Hence why I said maybe PF isn't the ruleset I need.

D20pfsrd is your friend.

Yeah, it's not.

(everything's on d20pfsrd, but if you want everything in one book, you're not gonna get in in PF by any means)

May I recommend Fellowship? Broken World might be good, too, if you've got players wanting bullshit kung-fu adventures. It's somewhat locked into its setting, however.

You could also try Strike!

Please don't do this, this was a perfectly good thread and you're summoning the hounds.

Stop shilling Strike!

Why does Veeky Forums keep shilling Strike!?

Guess I'll google that.

Anyway, what would be the "must have" books for pathfinder? I was told Path of War, and Spheres of Power too but that seems a bit too complex a solution for my liking.

Nah, that is entirely outside of what I'd like to run. I'd like to run something with low magical/fantastical presence.

It's one person, and we're not a fucking hivemind.

Then you want Runequest, not D&D of any type.

I like PF, but that's not what you need.

Strike! works for low magic, low fantasy.

>You guys told me to use SoP and other DSP material, but honestly what I wanted by switching from 3.5e to a new system was to keep things simple and side material to a minimum. Apparently PF is the wrong choice for this.

It really is.
PF is just 3.5e with a different set of stuff.
If you want simpler, run 5e.

dude, everything you're saying makes it seem less and less like you'll be satisfied with PF. It's definitely not a low magic game.

It'd a derivative of a dungeons and dragons ruleset above 2e, no it fucking doesn't.

Yes it does. Magic isn't even assumed to be default in Strike!

what's wrong with awoo

Please, they'll be doing it anyways.

I might have not chosen the best words. By low magical I meant without magic supremacy, not without magic. I had something like Fire Emblem in mind; medieval fantasy without being balls to the walls Willy Wonka magical in nature.

Even so, from what I gather 5e might be a better choice as it's apparently much more simple. I'll talk it over with my group next session.

Thanks a lot for the all the help.

Yknow what? I don't even know anymore. Thinking on it, awoo has been the most tolerable of all. You normally just show up, awoo once or twice then go have a nap. Compared to everything else lately, you've practically been saintly.

So yeah. You keep on keeping on, awoo. Just dont fuck it up.

5e is better and easier to run low magic game with

5e assumes there is a high bound for AC (like 20 or so?) that pretty much can't ever be exceeded, meanwhile Pathflounder assumes you can raise a monster's AC to as high as possible by whatever combination of templates and magic items and feats and spells and horribly inflated natural armor values and whatever the hell else you can, and requires that DMs give players access to items and spells to compensate

5e has NO CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

I'll talk it over with my group. It might be better since I was also hoping to get some new people too.

But just to know, what does "1pp" entail?

1pp is first party stuff. Things paizo have done.

1st Party Publisher; the primary owners, writers, and publishers of a particular game. Paizo is the 1pp of Pathfinder.

1pp is First Party Project - that's anything put out by Paizo in a book that they publish.

3pp is Third Party Project, which is anything made for Pathfinder by a non-Paizo person or company. Spheres and Path of War are 3pp.

Oh, that's simple. Thanks.

Fuck you OP.

>you will never get to play princes and princesses in an Adventure Path that isn't shitty-ass Kingmaker

Why even live, /pfg/?

I actually got a gm to let me play ameikos brother in jade regent. I made sure ameiko died early on so I was prince. It was worth sitting out large parts of the early campaign.

Okay, just whipped this up. Based on the (quite frankly superior) Fighter Class from the Trailblazer ruleset. For those not in the know, it was a small alternative to using Pathfinder that I was particularly enamored with back when PF just came out.

Basically just allows Fighters to change up their style a little while adding power. Second ability might seem odd, but in short it just moves Armor Training to a different level progression.

Rate.

What if you made a witchwolf kitsune?

I worked with a GM in 5e to play a princess of the main nation the party was involved in.
It's great, I get to command the party paladin around.

Why would you want to be a prince/princess in an adventure path of all things?
You're railroaded into the path of a normal adventurer so hard you might as well not be a royal.

I want to play an optimized Spheres Conjuration caster with the Planar Binding advanced talents from 1st level onward, and use nothing but bound minions in combat for the whole game.

Contrary to what you may believe, kitsune isn't a template you can apply to any fucking race you want.

But skinwalker is!

Do feel free to elaborate.

I want to play a character with wings. What are some good races that allow me to do this? Tengu and Aasimars can only get them at level 5 and 10 respectively plus they don't really fit with what I want. (I just want the wings, nothing else)

Strix?

this tbqh familia smdh btw

At least with kingmaker you're free to ignore module 1 and 6 for a decent game experience

Skinwalkers can be of any race.

You can be a witchwolf catfolk. What would that look like?

>Naked redhead with a choker
Goddamn, I think I'm in-love.

Skinwalkers, much like Tieflings and Aasimar, can technically be of any humanoid origin (although mechanically they are the same across the board). You can have an elf-descended Aasimar, an Orc-blooded Tiefling, or a Skinwalker that was born and raised entirely among dwarves.

Sorry, it's just worst fox slut Ahri.

An aasimar and a tiefling who have a skinwalker babby

>(although mechanically they are the same across the board)
Except for size, which is inherited from the humanoid side, meaning you can start as Colossal at level 1.

Chokers are truly the best thing ever.

Because there are rune giants and eclipse giants with the Giant template?

Ya.

To be fair, that also means your ancestry is chock full of huge sluts, both humanoid and outsider.

Is there a more noble lineage, one full of so much love?

Enjoy being stuck as a furry then. And being able to turn into another furry.

Hmm, how about reflavoring merfolk and giving them the strongtail version as core? They are a bit strong, but not that much so. I would remove the amphibious trait and give them 20 feet move speed.

Not the only one...

>how her panties are working?
One side of panty coated with special adhesive substance. Chains on the sides just decoration.

>adhesive
Ow.
I don't care if you wax it, that's gonna hurt to pull off.

Of course, if you do wax it, you're used to gut-wrenching vagina hair pain, so it'll probably just. I dunno. Be a turn-on or something.

Scales, bro. A snake wouldn't have body hair there either.

But she has head hair.

If it's a human vagina it's gonna have human hair, dude.

Aren't those monmusu twats always going on about snake cloaca?

Is there a reason to play Brawler or PHB Monk now that Unchained Monk exists?

Brawler, yes, because armor, and weapons with unarmed damage dice.

Core Monk no. Unchained monk makes them obsolete.

PHB Monk, no.

Brawler, sure. They're similar in that they punch dudes and do it a lot, but are otherwise different.

>because armor, and weapons with unarmed damage dice
They hit worst due -2 (TWF like) in brawler's fury, but I guess if you have +X magic weapon will compensate over the +X amulet of expensive fists