Map Making

Post your maps, WIP maps and related geographical stuff

This is the WIP rough map i use to plot out locations, travel time and such for my PCs.
They never gonna see this guy, though i am working on some inked maps for them to hold on to, with less info though

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/kSQ8OUd.png
donjon.bin.sh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you use this? It's hexed, so I'm assuming you have an accurate base-floor scale, but the height of the mountains and ledges are drawn over the surrounding hexes.
I'm not criticizing, I'm genuinely curious.

This is the smaller map (fits into hex F4).
Im gonna do a rough map in charcoal and hand it to them in the first sexxion. It will only have the basics on it to represent the quickly drawn map an npc will give them as they finish the prologue quest so that they can navigate the area they begin in.

After they finish up here and take the fort in the middle on the ^above map, im going to hand over a spiffy, if somewhat blank map, of the larger quest area done in black ink.

and this is the WIP of the whole area of the game

Its mostly for design aesthetic.I will guesstimate according to what i feel works best when they travel.

The REALLY big mountains at the top are just cool looking and since its the "borders"of the map i wanted to give the impression that its impassible. Plus got lazy towards the end
They (hopefully) wont be going past the plateau until the end of the quest chain and by then i will probably have given them

Hex papers for travel and stuff
(Mountains in the captcha, awesome. I love drawing mountains)

im gonna start dumping random maps.
would appreciate some other user contributors adding more maps and OC

A map i drew to test some ideas and colour schemes

the actual colour version. damn scanner

Here's my WIP map. I'm planning on doubling its size, adding area to the south of it. Then it'll be ready to start a campaign in.

I'm really happy with this thread.
Dumping some of my maps.

How's this?

i.imgur.com/kSQ8OUd.png

whoops

All in favour of /MapMakingGeneral/?
Cos i sure as hell am

It looks really fucking good. What program did you use, and whats the scale?

>What program did you use
the coastline was from donjon ( donjon.bin.sh/ ) the colors and features are all MS Paint, and the labels were done in publisher. all programs that are likely on your computer right now.

>and whats the scale?
when I make these maps I use the default presented in "Ultimate Campaign" which has each hex measuring 12 miles across from corner to corner.

i was going to use adobe illustrator myself, scanning in my maps then laying a hex over them.
I also have a couple of .pdfs that i am going to cannibalize and make "generic" scenery that i can copy and past to make good looking, if simple, maps.

Any recommended cartography resources?