/swg/ - Lego One Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

So Lego models for Rogue One was just announced. Will these two get a late announcement for X-wing wave X soon?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/br_boarding_shuttle
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!134:-1,-1,133,21,61,-1:-1:-1:;125:-1,135,178,-1:-1:-1:;120:27,162,-1,-1,118:-1:3:&sn=Flying Bawks
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!64:26:-1:25:;64:26:-1:25:;64:26:-1:25:;66:27,143:-1:-1:;67:57,26:-1:26:&sn=Nice Swarm Cunt
community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/137909-you-build-the-character-5-scum-villainy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's also this one.

>trying desperately to avoid spoilers
>every day /swg/ posts spoilers
You're trying my patience, Veeky Forums... You really are.

Alright that does sound pretty cool, definitely leaning Mask of the Pirate Queen now since the party is pretty suited to space combat.

Didn't realize ship designs counted as spoilers for some.

>trying to avoid interesting Star Wars information
>visits a place where people discuss interesting things about Star Wars every day
wot

I'm mostly just concerned for you user. Sincerely too.

I daresay that TIE has a rather long cockpit. What do you think, ordinance or troops?

Consider yourself clued in.
Oh sorry, didn't realise this one /rog/ (Rogue One General). Thought we were here to discuss the 30+ years of Star Wars (with an eye towards the various traditional gaming products out on the market) not this one upcoming film with NO traditional gaming tie-ins yet.

who's hyped for jedah to get death star'd?

>yet
And there's the rub, you salty bitch.

Rapid response troop ship?

So basically a TIE shuttle 2.0?

What this thing?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/br_boarding_shuttle

So, I just ordered Slave I for X-Wing, as my first purchase. I'm thinking of getting into Scum, then maybe branching into Empire. What am I in for?

Fun. Slave-1 is prettt solid for Scum. But you'll want Most Wanted as well, because that's where the Scum stuff comes from for that kit. Also, it gets you a Y-Wing and a pair of cannon-fodder headhunters.

Well, you'll need the core for dice, templates, rules and junk.

Firesprays are big and beefy with 2 fire arcs. They tend to drop to sustained fire, have pretty big blind spots in their sides, and tend to get a bit pricey. Some good pilots, lots of potential builds, should be fun

Got a mate who's got a load of spare starter stuff who's setting me up with the basics.

Scum stuff as in...?

>Will these two get a late announcement for X-wing wave X soon?
Egh, maybe. It's possible the only reason they're being announced right now is because certain products are being opened up for pre-order tomorrow, of which LEGO was announced to be part of.

So while I'd say it's safe to expect stuff for X-Wing and Armada on Force Friday (or soon after), I'd say you shouldn't get your hopes up for actual announcements/previews from FFG until day of (like what happened last year).

Pilot cards. The Scumm-version of the Slave-1 pilots have different (better) abilities, and are needed to play it as a scum ship officially.

Scum, as in te Scum and Villainy faction to X-Wing.

Slave I originally came out when the only factions were Rebels and Imperials, so the pilots in the box are all exclusively Imperials.

The Most Wanted box, in addition to coming with Scum versions of the Y-Wing and Headhunter, comes with Scum pilot cards for the Firespray and HWK.

Grab a hwk for a great scum support ship. Star viper is an alright choice. My favorite scum ship is the yv 666 (hounds tooth expansion). You can load it up with lots of crew and broadside with it.

What all are the freighter options available so far?

Aggressor, mist hunter, and jumpmaster are the 3 other scum freighters. Mist hunter is the only freighter on a small base

Ah, I see. That's annoying; I guess I'll play it as the Imperial one til I get the Scum starter.
Yeah, I got that.
I was definitely thinking of getting the Hound's Tooth, it's a bad-ass looking ship.

I love this build with the yv 666 geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!134:-1,-1,133,21,61,-1:-1:-1:;125:-1,135,178,-1:-1:-1:;120:27,162,-1,-1,118:-1:3:&sn=Flying Bawks
You can always proxy cards and buy them individually off of ebay if you dont want to buy a ship solely for a card

Its meant for atmosphere work and base defense. Ordnance seems more likely.

But its meant to be a faster tie adapted for in atmosphere combat, so I'm guessing its just bigger engines and maybe shields or something.

I wanna know who came up with the idea that Boba Fett was a good bounty hunter.

I mean sure, he looks cool and he's kind of badass, but when someone develops enough of a reputation for being trigger happy that their employer has to specifically tell them that "I want them alive" means "NO disintegrations", I'm pretty sure that makes them a BAD bounty hunter.

Ignoring all the EU/legends/non-movie material on this matter, because that would make it too easy:
How about the fact that when the right hand of the emperor calls the galaxy's six most notorious bounty hunters up for a mission, he's one of them, and the only one that successfully manages to track down the Falcon after it fooled an entire imperial fleet? Having a "Disintegration" incident in the past hardly negates any other positive traits.

This.

The only bounty-hunters called to the bridge of the Executor, were Dengar, IG-88, Bossk, Boba Fett, Zuckus, and 4-Lom (later written to be Zuckus' partner). Out of the entire goddamned galaxy's worth of bounty hunters. It is pretty safe to say that those 6 are probably 6 of the top echelon of bounty hunters, and certainly some of the few who the Empire has contracted in the past.

Aggressor's not actually a "freighter"... It's an assault fighter, built specifically for combat. It seats eight, but only the pilot actually does anything. The rest of the space is power systems and guns.

It's one of the few places where the EU's "That guy you saw for 10 seconds is actually super badas and important!" feels justified.

That's been my general view, as well. Yeah Boba Fett just stands there looking cool during the two movies, and his only real accomplishments on screen are successfully second-guessing Han, and knowing where to stand to have a good view of Leia's goods when she was in her prime... But he was one of the 6 best bounty hunters, his clone-father put up a damned good fight against Obi-Wan (and still escaped), and even Han practically shat himself when Chewie told him that Boba Fett was there before he knocked him into the sarlac pit.

I'd almost consider it a general statement to all of them. I'd say that Vader spoke to him specifically for the meta fact that Boba was the only one to meant to speak, or get any development beyond that scene.

As for his ability, I think it speaks for his reputation when he is called on by not only Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt, as well as being the bounty hunter to actually catch Solo.

Could be the Imperial answer to the U-Wing, a TIE-D gunship/transport hybrid?
Either that or its a precursor to the pilot in the front and the gunner in the back style of TIE we saw in TFA

One of the things that I find interesting, is they head to Bespin, and Boba Fett watches them go and guesses that that's where they're headed. Then relays that info to the Empire.

Them on Cloud City, Lando greets them, goes through a bunch of political bullshit, betrays them, and says "They arrived right before you did."

That tells me that either Boba Fett's ship is fucking fast as hell, and beat the Millenium Falcon to Cloud City, or that after relaying that info the Empire course corrected their whole fucking fleet faster than it took for the Falcon to get there. Or that the Falcon's hyperdrive was seriously fucking gimped.

Wasn't one of the original design ideas for Boba (and the Mandos in general) the fact that the Mando's are all but dead by the time of ESB? I remember reading somewhere that the idea for Boba's armor was he was a deliberate throwback to their warrior past, a vengeful ghost straight out of a history book

They didn't HAVE a hyperdrive, remember.

I think the correct answer to all of that is yes. IIRC the Falcon was limping into Bespin after the asteroid belt escape.
That and I'm pretty sure Vader 'only' redirected one ship to catch Han, even half blind and crippled the Falcon would have clocked an Imp fleet with a SSD in orbit

They spent some time hiding on an asteroid. If you watch, there's a *time passes* cut before they go outside and investigate. That cut could have covered hours, or even days. Plenty of time for an Imperial Fleet to get to Bespin.

>Or that the Falcon's hyperdrive was seriously fucking gimped.
They were on the backup, which is like a class 20 or something, compared to class 1 or 2 for most imp military ships, so yes, gimped

My friend's coming over in a bit to play X-Wing. He almost always uses a TIE Swarm and I keep getting outgunned. What's a good counter? I have:
>T-70 x2 (Core and Expansion)
>A-Wing x2 (Aces and Expansion)
>X-Wing x1
>Z-95 x1
>B-Wing x1

Jango/boba were definitely meant to be the last of the mandalorians in the earlier days of the canon, yes.

Assault missiles on Blount will make him sweat.

Buying them individually seems expensive, but I guess for one or two it's cheaper than a ship.
Are there any cards that aren't in Slave I/Most Wanted that are must-haves?

Asteroid was before they shook the Imperials and took off for Bespin.

A TIE-swarm lives and dies by timing and movement. Hold back from engagement, throw out a 1 move, position your starting ships in one place, then skim around him. When it looks like he's about to rush you, throw out a 5 or 4 forward, try and get past the wave (if you had a medium base ship of lower PS, I'd say try and block).

After that, lead him through the asteroid belt, force him to break his swarm up. Also, ask him if you can set a tournament-style 75 minute timer at the start of the match, so you can 'practice' for one of the tournies. Swarms do not like a time limit.

Here's the list I'd try with the above tactics. Hunt out his swarm leader with Poe Dameron, use the other generic T70 to pick off whoever you can, fly Nera conservatively, and use her 360 degree Ion Torpedoes to disrupt his swarm at opportune moments.

It's not ideal, but it's what I'd take in your position.

Beyond list tailoring with assault missiles or bombs, here's some ways to outfly swarms.

Put asteroids in the middle of the table and slow roll to force him through. He either takes free damage or you break up his formation.

If howl is there, kill her ASAP.

Don't fight head on, you will not trade favorably.

Actually yeah I forgot about Blount , replace the generic T-70 with Blount.

Blount also give you enough to take Predator on Poe if you had it.

For Scum, or in general? Engine Upgrade is a big one, but it's available in the Falcon and Houndms Tooth now. Dorsal Turret and/or Twin Laser Turret are important, but only available in the Ghost (Dorsal) and K-Wing (TLT). Otherwise you're stuck with Blasters (suck), Ions (best with BTL-A), or Autoblasters. Punishing One has some good integral cards, like Dengar crew, Boba Fett crew, gangster R5-P9 and Atanni Mindlink. Mist Runner has the illicit Cloaking Device. Advanced Sensors (particularly useful on Aggressors and Starvipers) are found in the E-Wing and Lambda Shuttle. Lambda also has the Sensor Jammer, which is useful as well. Autothrusters are only in the Starviper. And Crackshot is found in the Khiraxz, and Imperial Veterans.

Both, I guess. I've ordered the Most Wanted pack as well now, so I'll have them and Slave I. I think my future buys will be Hound's Tooth, Kihraxz, and either StarViper or Mist Runner.

>tie/br
hue

You could skip on the Kihraxz, for now. I'd probably recommend Hound's Tooth, Starviper, and Mist Runner.

Question: Why does the Red squadron veteran have guidance ships but no ordinance?

Any particular reason why?

Mis-click for Integrated?

whatnow?

He misclicked while commenting about a misclick.

Talk about being meta.

Kihraxz is pretty fun, but not stellar and anything it does can be replicated/done better by another ship.

As it is, the only reasons to buy it (besides it being fairly good looking) are Predator, Crack Shot and Glitterstim, all three top choices.

I see, that's a shame, it's a nice looking ship.

Mainly because the Kihraxz' big draw is that it's a bog-standard fighter, with a decent dial, and comes with Predator, Glitterstim, and Crackshot.

The Starviper is a snazzy super-fighter with terrible generic pilots (too expensive), but a lot of flexibility. It comes with Autothrusters (the all important), Inertial Dampeners (helpful), and dat fucking Guri. . . One of the best PS 5 pilots in the game.

The Mist Hunter is a heavy fighter, and is effectively the Scum version of the B-Wing. The dial is similar, the statline is similar, and the price range is similar. It comes with Zuckus, 4-Lom, Cloaking Device, Adaptability, and Tractor Beam.

Overall you'll (most likely) have more fun with the Starviper and Mist Hunter, as they feel like "quality" ships, that can punch above their weight. The Kihraxz isn't bad... But Gaz the Hunter is terrible, and Talonbane is expensive and suffers from the "Wedge Curse" (a.k.a. anti-Biggs; or a serious threat that gets focused on first).

People have been having some success using Talonbane (the top Kihraxz ace) with a Cloaking Device (comes from the Mist Hunter) and the Stygium Particle Accelerator (only comes with the TIE Phantom).
Makes for a damn fast and unpredictable ship, and Talonbane hits HARD.

Vectored Thruster will come with the ARC-170 (due to release in september-octoberish), and those should give the Kihraxz some much need maneuverability.

So, yeah, not a must have, but neither an "avoid at all costs"; probably won't win you any tournaments, but it's damn fun for casual play.

Since you're new to the scum faction, I am obliged to tell you this: Scyks are not cost effective at all, avoid them.

I still hold out hope for a "Vaksai" title to upgrade the 'rax a bit.

Least Wanted expansion fucking when?

Not necessarily... It is a solid, 5hp, knife-fighter. The generic is 20pts, and the Black Sun Ace comes out at 23 with an EPT.

The problem is its just plain by itself. It's like ordering vanilla icecream, when the Starviper is Cookies and Cream, and the Mist Hunter is Jamocha Almod Fudge. Kihraxz are what to get when you're set, would like a PS 9 option, and wouldn't mind having a 20pt filler otherwise.

This.

I love the little things, but the Scyk is an anemic little ship that was balanced (point-wise) entirely upon the possibility of carrying a Heavy Laser Cannon. At 23pts for PS 2, an HLC Scyk is costed effectively. And it's still too easy to kill.

People have had luck with Tansari Vets with Ion Cannons in Atanni Mindlinks. But I'd still rather take something else.

If you ever feel like spending some money to make him never want to use TIE swarms ever again.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!64:26:-1:25:;64:26:-1:25:;64:26:-1:25:;66:27,143:-1:-1:;67:57,26:-1:26:&sn=Nice Swarm Cunt

>At 23pts for PS 2, an HLC Scyk is costed effectively. And it's still too easy to kill.
Maybe a fix would be something that makes it harder to kill? Like, a 0 point, Scyk-only title (since fucking nobody uses the pile of trash that is Heavy Scyk) that gives a point or two of extra shields or hull?

I still don't get the full reasoning behind this. I can see how being able to fit 5 HLC scyks would be a bad thing, but it would have been enough to make them cost 21 points to prevent that.

I hope for a fix that still let's them equip cannons, I like the idea of small, nimble cannon ships.

Not him but, if someone just wanted to amass a Headhunter swarm would it be better to buy two Most wanted packs or should I buy 4 expansion packs?.
Also how good is Scum at running a Headhunter swarm compared to Rebels?

I'd say that scum swarms are better for having the illicit slot, PS1 instead of PS2 doesn't really matter. Headhunter swarms with Dead mans's switch are potentially hilarious.

Feedback Arrays are a bloody terror. A swarm or mini swarm plus ace is potentially terrifying.

I see, thanks for the pointers.

Heavy is reverse-chardaan.
The cannon slot is inherent to the ship.

Too late to change that now tho.

Would the following list work against an elite-heavy tie-list (generally speaking)?
Because that is what i'm trying to accimplish with it.

Firespray-31: · Boba Fett (39)
Push The Limit (3)
Proximity Mines (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Dengar (3)
· Slave I (0)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Z-95 Headhunter: Black Sun Soldier (13)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Dead Man's Switch (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Dead Man's Switch (2)

I usually play expensive imperial lists, so i dont have much experience with scum.

Wait, shit, no Heavy DOES provide the cannon. I'm a retard and thought that was a bomb icon.
I guess it'd have to be an Upgrade.

Is playing ships with the upgrades/crew etc they come with a viable thing to do in normal, friendly play?

Thank you! Sounds terrific.
I think I'll go ahead and get some most wanted packs. Any fun lists to build with the extra y-wings?

That depends on whether everyone has roughl the same amount of stuff, sonobody has "optimal" choices. If one guy has all the shit he naturally has an Advantage.
That being said there are more than enough listbuilding tools available, with a lot of them giving you the option to print the list (including the cards' text).
Just make sure everybody is cool with that beforehand.

Sure. But Z-95s definitely do not need Engine Upgrade. Keep that for ships like any large base without it, Talonbane Cobra, or simply adding a repositioning option to a named pilot. In that setup, you could drop the Engine Upgrades for Guidance Chips (Tie Adv Prototype, Punishing One), to help those missiles hit harder. That should net you 8pts to play with. Dump them on the Firspray, or shave off 4 to 5pts from the 'Spray to get a generic chump Z-95 in there.

This

>Prox Mines on high PS
>Engine Upgrade on Zs
>23 point Zs

Christ Almighty, user, get your shit together.

Scum Boba doesn't really need dengar since he has rerolls and engine upgrade helps you close to range 1 easily. PtL on a ship without green hard turns is dicey, VI is better for bombs and boosting. Go seismics/thermals/protons on high PS so you know where your targets are when you drop.

Keep Zs cheap and expendable. PS3 has a hard time locking anything worth hitting with missiles.

Fearlessness (1)
Proton Bombs (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Tactician (2)
· Slave I (0)
Glitterstim (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)

PtL actually works alright on Kath Firspray, due to wanting to get in front of ships and shoot them from her ass. PtL therefore gives you your Focus and extra mobility, or evade; and works well with K4 Security Droid.

Boba however, I agree. Part of what makes him difficult to build for Scum, despite how awesome he is, is figuring out what to give him. His ability makes K4, Target Locks, Predator, Lone Wolf, and Dengar all moot. And he wants that dial opened up to it's full potential every turn. Veteran Instincts is always a good choice on him, but I'm coming around to your idea of Fearlessness. I think that will work well.

The engine upgrade is supposed to improve the aim with the rockets, but i think this guy's suggestion is actually much better

Also: can you tell i never used bombs before? Like ever?

Based on input i would try this instead (it's only 98 pts though):

Veteran Instincts (1)
Proton Bombs (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Navigator (3)
· Slave I (0)
Glitterstim (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Z-95 Headhunter: Binayre Pirate (12)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)

Not sure about the choice of crew, i just figured that with bombs you wanna be as mobile as possible

Navigator on scum boba is pure unadultered "I'm gonna getcha", 10/10 please play it and take a picture of your friends face when you casually stroll into range 1 and rape whatever you set your eyes onto

I'm guessing i accidentally stumbled over an actually good list?

Kandosii ner vod

Any good stats out there for these two? I'm running an EotE campaign, and I'm thinking of using them as minor villains.

Yeah. Navigator on Fett was a combo back when the Firespray was only Imperial. It's still useful there, but not as potent as on Scum. With Scum, Boba wants to be in R1 of everything, and adjusting his bearing to a better one as he sees fit, is awesome.

The Boba Fett + Navigator combo is better known as "Fettigator".

One armless, other dead.

Iv'e never been entirely sure what navigator allows you to do, Say I select a speed-2 right-bank, can I then only change that to a speed 1 or 3 right-bank, or could I change it to a left bank?

community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/137909-you-build-the-character-5-scum-villainy/

Scroll down.

Navigator is fun, as they said. Bombs are brutal once you get the hang of them. One shot phantoms without ever rolling a die.

You could drop down to adaptability and swap navigator for gonk, tactician, or tail gunner. That 4 points buys you cluster missiles and you already have extra munitions. That range 1 shot will hurt.

>can I then only change that to a speed 1 or 3 right-bank
This.

Think of it is as similar to Juno Eclipse's ability. It allows you to change to a different speed of that bearing. So if you picked a 3 bank, you could switch it out for a 1 or 2 bank. If you pick a 1 forward, it could become a 4 forward. If you picked a 3-speed K-Turn, it could become a 4-speed K-Turn.

Thanks this looks good. Looks like I'll need to grab a K-Wing now too.