Space Marines are the best warriors of the Imperium

>Space Marines are the best warriors of the Imperium
>Vindicares aka ''Ork snipers'' can still stomp them
>therefore Vindicares are actually the best

why even bother with those expensive, corruptible, mutated fucking marines if you can just send Vindicares to brain enemy commander instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_monopole
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause Vindicares still need someone to hide behind while they snipe.

>sniper can easily kill a elite soldier (of the non-sniper variety)
>Therefore we shouldn't have elite soldiers, just snipers.

Tanks can kill snipers. I suppose we should have an army made exclusive of tanks, right?

You fool, tank hunters can easily best a tank, clearly we should have armies made entirely of tank hunters.

Melta bombs can kill tanks. We should have an army exclusively armed with melta bombs.

Yeah, we'll just equip every soldier with a ton of melta bombs. That sounds like a REAL--

Let's do that actually. That sounds potentially effective.

No, we should have an army OF meltabombs, dropped from space.

>later
>BABOOM KSHHHH BOOOOOM
>imperial headlines
>"militara tempestus conquer entire galaxy, say 'it wasn't really that hard'"

>Veeky Forums reinvents suicide bombing

Welcome to fifth edition IG.

Considering the number of fanatical followers and penal soldiers the imperium has it's a surprise they don't use suicide bombing en-masse...

Actually it's not surprising, because GW would probably get in shit if they did, but you get the point.

Penal legions don't do a form of that with their bomb collars?

It's really the next logical step

Inwardly facing shaped charges I think, blows the head off but not much else

Well, because space marines and arcoflagellants are more glorious

It's called Necrons.

Idiot, when winter comes the tank hunters will all simply freeze to death.

So naturally we must make an army of winter? You brilliant son of a bitch, I think you've cracked it.

hordes of poorly amoured cannon fodder can kill tank hunters, clearly we should have en entire army of hordes of poorly armoured cannon fodder

But elite soldiers can beat cannon fodder. Clearly we should have Space Marines, whole chapters of them.

Guys... what if our army had many different specialized units that we could individually deploy based on the exact composition of enemy forces and terrain?

Meet
And the cycle continues.

That's heresy, user.

Which assassin is best and why is it Eversor?

>Russia's strategy in both world wars

And against Napoleon

And the Napoleonic wars and that one with Sweden.

It's a time proven strategy, now we just need to find a way to export Russian winters, and train them not to damage friendly troops, once we fix that problem we have the ultimate weapon.

>Climate change is a long term strategy to beat russia in WW3

They do, it just normally involves sending them into melee with a Carnifex, then firing an Earthshaker at their location while it's busy eating them.
The shell carries a larger payload than an equivalent number of conscripts, so it's more cost-effective in the long run.

imperial guard human bombs used to be a thing, you paid for the penal trooper and the grenade (which could be plasma if i recall) then run them forward. There was a chart to roll on, 1: 1-5, detonation, 6: Emperors mercy, bomb fails to detonate and model is removed as he leaves the front line and returns to his unit.

The fluff explained that they were deliberately designed to have a small random chance to malfunction, that way the troops would chose it over certain death ( i.e they would chose probable kabooming over certain kablamming) and the Emperor could spare the truly innocent through his mysterious will.

From what I learned about snipers is that you'll always need some sort of infantry to reveal the positions of enemy forces. One sniper could not a regiment defeat.

But the assasinorum best "norum".

>leaves the front line and returns to his unit.
I love the image of a penal legionaire, hopped on drugs, charging into the front lines, failing to go off, awkwardly shrugging his shoulder, then just walking back to the rear.

Except that it looks like the sun allied with Russia. Maunder Minimum.

Considering the IG's typical strategies melta bomb equipped troops would be super effective, especially versus Tyranids.

Only problem would be when the Commissar tries to blam one Guardsmen and wipes out the platoon.

I like elite armies and psykers.
Which faction?

That's crazy talk, user. Get those silly 'combined-arms' ideas out of your head and go human-wave-rush those castles with me.

>making more of Russia arable and open to colonization

Climate Change is Russia's security of a future

>managing to turn SitW from some neato psykic EW into just spectral bugs

Artist ruins everything again.

Vindicares are even more expensive than space marines; all imperial assassins aside from Death Cultists are.

Do you remember how well it went the last time the administratum tried to tell space marines what to do too often?

Do you think it would go over particularly well if the high lords told the astartes they were no longer needed and should politely all die?

Basically, there have been a dick ton of space marines since the legions, they die like cockroaches, and no one in the imperium wants a civil war with them.

>Daemonids

Space Marines are the best SOLDIERS in the Imperium.

That's why they could kill the master of assassins when he went rogue.

They are not soldiers as they are not a part of the army, they are marines as the name suggests.

the artist needed an easily recognizable way to convey "this psyker is experiencing the shadow in the warp, which is a tyranid thing"

>naval infantry aren't soldiers
uh

Different branch of military.

Soldiers are specifically army. As opposed to sailors or airmen or marines which are usually a type of sailor except in the states where they're their own branch.

>I suppose we should have an army made exclusive of tanks, right?

yaaaassssssss!

Not accurate enough. We need to equip penal legions with meltabombs collars and send them against the tanks.
Let's prove the tyranids that they don't have a monopole on sacrificing their troops!

To be fair SITW is just all the nids chattering to each other and relaying information, it sorta makes sense?

>I like elite armies and psykers.
>Which faction?
Craftworld Eldar. Elite armies and psykers are pretty much their two main idiosyncracies.

But space ships can kill tanks.

Is this/k/s waifu?

>mfw

In terms of marksmanship Vindicares outmatch Marines by a longshot, but they'll still get easily slaughtered by said Marine in CQC.

Also Marines are still much closer to humans due to their organs not being hereditary and do not require genetic manipulations.

Not at all, a Vindicare is outright superior to the average Marine in most forms of combat. The thing that makes Assassins non-viable is their absolutely horrific recruitment procedures (we're talking at least double the potential candidates for a tenth, at most of the produce) and how stupidly expensive they are. They're all armed to the teeth with Archeotech/Xenotech, and it wouldn't be far off to suggest all of their implants are either Archeotech or performed by a machine of such calibre.

Good thing CQC shouldn't fucking matter in a setting with plasma rifles to begin with.

>ork trukk barreling towards your line doing 200
>shoot it with plasma rifle, doesn't stop
>trukk hits your line, orks get out directly into CQC fighting

Git gud.

Grey Knights
>All Psychic
>Cheapest model is 20ppm

Sounds Elite and Psychic

I always thought they fucked around with gene-seed bioenhancement to give assassins those rediculous stats. Like pseudo-Astartes or near-Astartes stuff.

>not shooting it in rear armor with your stealth cadre

do you even play this game dude?

>do you even play this game
>ork players
>existing

They exist only online where they can live in their own imaginary world without crunch. If they believe it hard enough, they can make their army is relevant, or at the very least, shit up every discussion possible with their fanwank.

Given some of the things we came up with during the Cold War that honestly sounds like it could be the truth

Aren't all Assassins exclusively blanks, which are extremely rare, even for the Imperium?

In conclusion, Aspect Warriors are the best.

You misswrote Jeanstealer.

Eldar boi. Ya got your Aspects for elite infantry and your Seer Councils for psykers.

Are Blanks still called Pariahs?

No. Since Matt Ward changed the necrons, Pariahs don't exist anymore.

But that's not how you spell Wolverine.

Only the Culexus.

Just them? I thought all assassins were blanks, to prevent psykers from noticing them or interrogating them.

We're all missing on the true question here : can eldars get spanked?

No, but every single one of them is trained/tortured to make sure that nobody can read their minds or get info by beating the crap of them.

they have butts, don't they?

No

>trained/tortured
There's a difference?

Probably not. If they get off to something, they die.

>If they get off to something, they die.
DEldar manage just fine, and spanking leads to BDSM, which the DEldar also manage just fine.

The difference is what you want to the subject.

I guess that
equalizes giving ones soul to she who thirsts as the path following bigot he is

*equalizes giving ones soul to she who thirsts with death as the path following bigot he is

>xenos in charge of speaking Imperial
Take a good look, everyone. This is the Tau's ideal.

How do I build Eldar at around 1k points without making it TOO good? What kinds of models would I be looking at?
I do wanna run a Seer Council which I know is pretty good, but I could like Rangers. Could sprinkle in an infantry theme, ie, no bikes or anything, just footsloggers
Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent over Wraithguard, too

Sounds like ork snipers are better than Vindicaires if Vindies borrow their reputation to do dirty deeds.

Orks da best

You're a fucking retard

The bomb collars are specifically designed to explode inward. I imagine this is so that you don't accidentally blow up an entire penal legion when one out of the mass is being a heretical ass.

I mean, even for the Imperium, it would be a dick move to tell a guy that he has to earn the Emperor's forgiveness through battle, and if that if he survives long enough it's a sign that the Emperor himself forgives him, and then you strap a bomb collar on him and make it clear you're going to blow him up as soon as he gets close.

>play eldar without making it TOO good
Even running just straight guardians with an HQ, you're still a solid army.

Just about everything the eldar have is better than it should be.

ITT: xenos & heretics

>>imperial headlines
>>"militara tempestus conquer entire galaxy, say 'it wasn't really that hard'"
Real monopoles don't exist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_monopole

Probably would have been better if he'd drawn a thousand tiny ones.

i don't even wanna do that though, that's fucking boring
are seer councils busted?
what if i spammed rangers and war walkers and said "it's a scout force"

A have a question. If you manage to kill a Callidus while she is possing as someone else, does the drugs on her stop working, like melting away or not?

Maybe.

How is it that pretty much any Imperium assassin can pretty much shit over anyone and anything including Harlequins?

Harlequins are dancers first and assassins seconds. They're like amateurs who picked assassination as a second job because it sounded fun.
Imperial assassins do it 24/7.