Set up an incredibly cool story arc where Garruk wants to hunt down other planeswalkers

>Set up an incredibly cool story arc where Garruk wants to hunt down other planeswalkers
>new set finally takes place in Innistrad again
>completely fucking forget about Garruk and don't even mention him once
>The Lilliana is now a good guy even though she murder fucked Garruk to death and ruined him
>he will never get his revenge
>she will get to be a hero

ITS NOT FAIR

He should have just finished her off

That's your problem?
>Forgotten Realms starts
>story about how Garruk's curse weakens a bit thanks to the Cursemute but isn't cured
>Odric captures him
>gonna take him to Avacyn
>wow, we got a lot of great feedback on this story
>we'll come back to it soon, so stay tuned!
>never
>happens
It's been over four years.

I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up on kaladesh desu. Think about it, they've already introduced 2 new walkers so they aren't gonna make another, probabaly, neither of the new walkers we've seen look black, at most Dovin is esper, and Lilana can't get a card cause she just had one, that leaves them with space for a black planeswalker and Garruk seems the best fit to me.

I mean god knows what he'd be doing there but I think It'd be cool.

>I mean god knows what he'd be doing there but I think It'd be cool.
Hunting the most dangerous game

What, a bunch of insufferable academics and stiff bureaucrats?

He's doing the paperwork to get his hunting license renewed as well as a few extra planeswalker tags so that he isn't charged for poaching by the ministry, and then he hunts the most dangerous game

one of the magic duels games was the fucking follow-up to garruk meeting the cursemute. garruk got a hedron wedged in his brain and mellowed. a bit. they did do a story follow up to that, where a planeswalker in a mask came after garruk and got wrecked, then garruk basically told jace "just stay outta my way" and hulked off as he is wont to do. garruk's gonna come back when the tale of lili's veil and a ob nixilis gets back in the spotlight. even as they try to keep magic lore sequential and connected they still have a pretty damn wide rotation. i miss the shaggy asshole but this isn't as bad as it could be He could be on kamigawa

>Set up an incredibly cool story arc where Garruk wants to hunt down other planeswalkers

this isn't cool desu

Bigass fightan' robots obviously.

The strongest people that ever existed being hunted down by greatest hunter is pretty cool.
Its like magical reverse Rambo

Just abort the Gatewatch already and make another arc. How long has this shit been going on already?

>The Gatewatch won't end due to Garruk finding out about it and hunting each member down individually.
>He will never hunt Nissa first, to prove a point.
>He will never save Jace for last.

They already announced that the next 10 sets will prominently feature the gatewatch in some way. It wont be for a very long time if ever.

>Liliana using red mana

Can't wait for hedron on head Garruk

DELETE THIS

>5 more blocks of this garbage
End me

More like magical Kraven.

Silly user, Garuk was a muscular, straight, heteronormative white male; he wouldn't have been a good fit for Magic's new and diverse storyline

No he was a zoophile.

So real talk here. Is Wizards just going to pretend Garruk never existed because of that one fucking card?

M15 was focused on him and that was after Innistrad block.

Yes. In all likelihood that is whats going to happen since any time his name comes up is a time that sjw can cause a shit storm. Remember WotC is touchy on a lot of things but they are owned by hasbro which is REALLY fucking touching on sjw issues. Hasbro wants zero controversy and will bow out the second one starts to brew.

No, Wizards is just going to pretend Garruk never existed because he doesn't mesh with the storylines they're trying to push.

And I don't even mean shit like "oh, he's not diverse enough." Wizards current MO on storylines is that characters need to be fantastical and relatable - they need to say things like "dude gross" and act like stupid fucking milenials.

Garuk is a fucking badass with his own challenges and flaws, but he isn't relatable. Therefore, he gets the axe.

I just want a mono green planeswalker that's not Nissa the retard

ha, axe

I miss Garruk.

Freyalise is cute. Cute!

I know, user. I do too. Thing is, you're gonna have to let go.

Wizards storytelling formula has changed, and that means that Garuk, Tezzeret, Elzpeth, Ajani, Karn, and many other characters are gonna be left at the wayside.

This happened before, with Urza and Gerard and all the other Dominarians, and now that its happened again, there's nothing we can do but move on.

She has very beautiful eyes :^)

excellent taste.

I just want a mono white walker that takes it to the extreme and gets into the evil territory. But I'll never have it since planes walkers cant be evil anymore. Only good guys.

>Freyalise is cute. Cute!
And Eladamri had to reverse psychology her into protecting Skyshroud from winter and Keldons because she didn't see the problem with letting them all die. In the middle of the Phyrexian invasion.

She's as pure a 'Wizards, no sense of right and wrong' as only an oldwalker can be.

>Elspeth
>going to be left by the wayside
user, I don't know how to break this to you...

Was the Shadows over Innistrad block Jace's block like Battle for Zendikar block was for Gideon's? Or was it Liliana's?

We're gonna get one block with her AT MOST whenever we return to theros in a couple years, and then wizards is gonna forget about her completely instead of only partially.

No idea but we know he got locked up on Ravnica for fucking about on other planes instead of doing his fucking job. So we wont see him in Kaladesh.

>Every member of the Gatewatch is white.
>Sorin, Thalia, angels, Olivia, every named non-walker character in BFZ, also white.
>Look in the background of that art, an black person
>Stupid WotC pushing diversity everywhere.

>angels
>white
Goldnight Casatigator

At least you're aware that this is nothing new and not frothing at the mouth about the NWO

Not a named character

40% of the gatewatch is gay.

aslo
>implying gideon's white :^)

Isn't Ob Nixilis still evil?

Also Bolas.

user, she's dead. MtG Zeus killed her with his spear and she died. She's never coming back.

Yeah, but Theros has an underworld, and people regularly come back from it, so...

Ob Nixilis is yes but he would more likely fall under demon as that is what he is known for and how everyone I've heard talk about him referred to him as. Also When was the last time you saw Bolas? I haven't seen him in years.

Bolas was last seen in M13. Apparently there's going to be some sort of Bolas Archenemy product in the near future and that Egyptian plane that was just revealed may have some sort of connection to him.

Well of course, we might lose sales if any of our primary cast weren't white heterosexuals! We need to keep our diversity outreach where it belongs: in the background or consisting of characters you'll never encounter again.

This way we can show that we're a progressive, forward-thinking company without having to worry about our bottom line or internet bloggers making a fuss.

Fate Reforged. When Sarkhan went back in time and watched Bolas fuck up Ugin.

>Egyptian plane that was just revealed

Oh shit? When was this? That could be amazing though with WotC's track record it will look amazing but have shitty mechanics.

I wouldn't say that counts. I'm talking Bolas doing plotting and putting plans in motions. Something like Alara.

Can't have a big strong, and most of all, confident white man who was falsely accused of rapule, we gotta phase him out of the limelight and into the villains woodwork to make way for our braindead nigress elf who has never not fucked when the stakes were high so people can sympathise with our cardboard so they'll buy masses of product for shitty chase rare cards.

They revealed the Egypt plane a few days ago.

Its obvious Garruk is going to show up sooner or later due to being one of the most popular and marketable characters in Magic history. Anybody who says otherwise is in all likelihood a meme-spouting retard that should be euthanized on the spot.

No single card could ever keep Garruk off the game.

I mean, that sounds like a semi-sensible, big-picture sort of stance to take.
>Dude, this forest and the elves in it will die if you don't do something!
>You don't see the bio-mechanical monstrosities rampaging across the world and spreading plagues? I've got bigger fish to fry.

Except it was more:

>Why did a tropical region overlay with Siberia?
>What the fuck Rath? That's not how Planar Overlay works. That's not how it works at all.
>Freyalise, we'll all die if you don't save us.
>Wow, Eladamri, sucks for you.
>I bet you just can't use magic that destroys winter.
>What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Clan Ruby, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Tevash Szat, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top green mage in the entire Nine Titans of Dominaria. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Plane, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of elves across Dominia and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Tolarian Academy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>And then Freyalise proved that she could save a forest from winter, thank you very much
>And they all lived happily ever after, except Eladamri who died.

.>He embraces his newfound darkness and considers every Planeswalker to be his prey.