Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How excited are you for the new rougarou race in the upcoming Bestiary 6? What do you want these "canine" AWOOOOOOOOers to be like? Will they be better than witchwolves and wulfkin?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy9oge?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Bestiary-6-Hardcover
docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/FJFHEVFa
imgur.com/a/ePbU3
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/witch-patrons
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/slashing-grace-combat
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/fencing-grace-combat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What they won't be is cute anime doggirls, you stupid furry.

Fuck you OP

Fuck you.

MOMIJI IS NOT A DOG.

SHE IS A PROUD WOLF.

You mean they'll be furries?

They know what kind of wolves we want.

What is the best new vigilante archetype in Legendary Vigilantes?

I nee to build a social tank. What's the best way to do it? Cavalier? Bloodrager?

They said "canine," not "lupine."

paizo.com/products/btpy9oge?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Bestiary-6-Hardcover

Inquisitor with a dip in Fighter

Thank you for FINALLY including my playtest, OP.

37th time's the charm!

>Wolves aren't canines

Grey wolves are Canis Lupus you twat, they're both.

Plus the term Loup-Garou is also used to refer to werewolves.

too bad you didn't include your tripcode.

Do Skinwalkers have heat cycles? Do they give birth to litters?

What would a Skinwalker/Human child look like?

ca·nine
ˈkāˌnīn/
adjective
adjective: canine

of, relating to, or resembling a dog or dogs.
"canine distemper virus"

Wolves status:
[X] BTFO
[ ] Not BTFO

Kyoko is a yamabiko, you enormous faggot

I am the scrub, it is me.

>Family: Canidae
>Genus: Canis

Also, the term Garou literally translates into werewolf. It's apparently french.

Momiji is a tengu, not a loup-garou! But Kagerou is!

Can we stop with the underage sexualization at the least? For fuck's sake this anime stuff is fine, but when it gets to this shit it starts getting creepy AF.

Rougarous aren't necessarily werewolves in Pathfinder either.

How do you know Kyoko is underage?

Mercurial Duelist, as weeb swordsmanship is the best.

Kagerou is a werewolf.

I don't even need to know the character to know that looks like a prepubescant girl, user...

How do I into a Sound Striker?

Kyouko is a healthy lady!

Ackshually, Momiji is a traditional rendition of the Tengu as a heavenly dog.

Her closest analogue is the Agathion-blooded Aasimar!

What would an agathion-blooded kitsune look like?

You just posted one, user.

Other examples include Ran Yakumo or Tamamo-no-Mae.

is there a monk archetype that doesn't suck?

What do you mean by "Social Tank"? A character who can do all the social stuff without being easily-affected by it themselves? A tanky-in-combat character who's good at social stuff out of fights?

Unchained? Qi? Zen archer? Monk 1 / Druid(cleric) 19?

He quoted the Cavalier, so he wants a character that can be a party face and a party tank.

Ordained Defender Warder with Conversion Domain.

I didn't think Warders got Domains, user.

docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing

I've been tinkering with the Magical Tail feats to try to make them better/make them work with the new subraces.

Comments are highly appreciated, especially about the subrace spell lists, as this is a first draft.

I meant inquisition

Ordained Defender is a Zwei-friendly archetype that replaces Int with Wis and gives you a Warpriest domain.

I was going to sperg out and tell you how bad Magical Tail is, but I decided to look at it and was actually pretty okay with it. It's almost exactly how I'd do it.

Warpriests don't get Domains, they get Blessings.

That's right. The party is a wizard, a rogue who dumped CHA and a vermin hunter. I need someone who can take a hit and not be autistic out of combat.

Should have mentioned 1pp only, sorry.

Inquisitor 1/Cleric X, using the Conversion inquisition. Also another Inquisition for more WIS-SADness.

After that, just build it as a battle cleric.

>Someone else started doing what I was doing
>It's probably less convoluted and overall better

brb committing seppeku

Alright /pfg/ how do I best build a character around confusion and insanity? Any material allowed

How would you make this work with Spheres?

Draconic Avenger's pretty cool, helps make drakes not shit.

Very specific Sphere talents at a specific CL for each.

Alternatively, leave them exactly as they are. Those spell effects don't translate perfectly, and that's fine - they still exist as rituals. If anything, it makes the feat better in a Spheres game if you can pull of shit that would otherwise need a time-consuming ritual.

How can I make the sexiest kestrel Companion to the Lonely in Pathfinder?

Don't worry. You can specialize in foxfire and be foxfire-user!

Please tell me about your favorite underwater encounters

(combat, noncombat, all welcome)

What does everyone think of the new Pact Wizard in the Haunted Heroes Handbook?

Is it as overpowered as we all think it is?

Stop being gross, please.

Invest in Charisma.

That's about it.

Does getting Charmed, Suggested, and nearly drowned by a cute mermaid (male) count?

My character was a female kitsune fey sorcerer, so she got a taste of her own medicine...

Has Haunted Heroes been leaked yet?

Is that a Shiny Kitsune?

I guess? That wasn't even the thing I was focusing on though, it was the magical tail rework and the archetype that resulted from it. I guess since I brought it up, I might as well post the last version I have pasted: pastebin.com/FJFHEVFa

>What is this though?
A rework of magical tail. Yea yea the other user has been putting theirs up and it's probably way better but I've been at it for so long I might as well keep iterating. There's also other tacked on feats, and then the Vigilante Racial Archetype.

>What is the archetype?
"At-Will Spell-Like Abilities: The Archetype". It doesn't stack with the feats, but I threw unique talents at the wall to see what sticks.

Yes. Pact Wizard = god

Yup. Full book in an imgur album.
imgur.com/a/ePbU3

>Rivethun

Oh hey look it's Crystal's transsexual archetype.

Funny how that didn't come up in the book itself, you walnut.

What makes your version of Magical Tail so good?

What about Strange Aeons? I skimmed the last couplethreads but didn't see it.

Rule #1: If the party needs it, there's an oracle build for it

Decently armored Metal Oracle will be your friend.

You mean it wasn't implied with the "discord and heterogeneity, connection between body and soul" part?

No. Especially for a class dealing with spirits.

Sorry user. I didn't realize.

My bad. I can stop and leave you to it if you want.

It's too late, they're gone. May as well finish what you started and dedicate it to them.

I didn't say it was good, user. Just that I've been plugging away at it for longer. If you want to know why I made it? I was trying to keep the "End result of 8 SLAs" but cut the feat cost and give you the ability to pick SLAs. Then get to make them At-Will.

>implying I have monopoly

You do you, user. I'm not going to tell you to stop, I'm just jealous yours is so well-received.

So, which Patron is your next Wizard picking up?

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/witch-patrons

Is there any way for a bladebound magus that uses a rapier as his black blade to get dex to damage?

Either by somehow getting the agile enchantment on it (which I guess doesn't work for bladebound magi) or maybe some feat or something?
I'm not too sure about how the black blade works in terms of "normal" passive magical enchantments, or intelligent items in general.

I really want to play a dex based bladebound magus with a rapier, since I kind of dislike the idea of dervish dancing and rapiers are just cool.

But it seems I either have to give up the rapier or the bladebound archtype to get dex to damage.

Get a Hamadryad patron and experience the joy of heat cycles!

Endurance!

Spontaneously casting Miracles is fun!

Slashing Grace lets you do dex to damage with a single one handed or light slashing weapon of your choosing.
However, you can't dual wield with it. Spell combat counts as dual wielding, so keep that in mind.
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/slashing-grace-combat

Hey pfg, what are the best spell picks for a level 1 alchemist or summoner with maximized casting stat?

Convince your DM to use the elephant in the room rules, they get rid of a lot of feat taxes and make all light weapons finesse (auto dex to damage and CMD).

You're looking for fencing grace. It's a feat that gives you dex to damage with rapiers with a few stipulations. Not sure if spell combat counts as dual wielding for the purposes of this feat

Being confused and insane? Anything will do. Wizard if you want to go "knowledge beyond mortal ken."

Causing? Wizard. Mind-affecting spells will do that for ya. Watch for immunities, though.

actually, hold on, there's a feat that's a better version of slashing grace but applies ONLY to rapiers

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/fencing-grace-combat

it's basically the same thing but you get +2 to DMC and BMC as far as disarming goes.

What content is available to you, and how much do you trust your GM to ignore shitty errata?

Slashing Grace/Fencing Grace are both 1pp feats, but they both require weapon focus, and both were errata'd to not work with spell combat "because fuck you paizo knows best".

I'm actually assuming no because it specifically states "fighting with two weapons"

How would you rule a character who uses a cestus in one hand and a gun in the other? Would they be able to reload the gun or drink potions using their cestus hand?

What exactly does it mean that “You do not gain this benefit while fighting with two weapons or using flurry of blows, or any time another hand is otherwise occupied?” Can I use a shield? What about a buckler? Can I use flurry of blows? Brawler’s flurry? Two-weapon fighting? Spell combat? Attack with natural weapons? What if I throw the weapon? What about swordmaster’s flair?

Slashing Grace does not allow most shields, but bucklers work because they don’t occupy the hand. Flurry of blows, brawler’s flurry, two-weapon fighting, and spell combat all don’t work with Slashing Grace. Attacking with natural weapons beyond the weapon you chose for Slashing Grace also does not work. Slashing Grace only works with melee attacks, not thrown attacks with a melee weapon. Swordmaster’s flair should have a sentence added to it that says “Carrying a swordmaster’s flair counts as having that hand free for the purpose of abilities that require a free hand, though you still can’t hold another object in that hand.”

Dude, read "Call of Cthulhu" and base the character off that.

More specifically, you are a male Andoran Bard specializing in art (sculpting) and poetry who is plagued by nightmares that spur him to create macabre, eldritch works.

Or make them an Oracle with the same focus.

>The cestus is a glove of leather or thick cloth that covers the wielder from mid-finger to mid-forearm. The close combat weapon is reinforced with metal plates over the fingers and often lined with wicked spikes along the backs of the hands and wrists. While wearing a cestus, you are considered armed and your unarmed attacks deal lethal damage. If you are proficient with a cestus, you can have your unarmed strikes deal bludgeoning or piercing damage. Monks are proficient with the cestus. When using a cestus, your fingers are mostly exposed, allowing you to wield or carry items in that hand, but the constriction of the weapon at your knuckles gives you a –2 penalty on all precision-based tasks involving that hand (such as opening locks). A cestus can't be disarmed.

So yes.

Clearly it was implied heavily enough for you, but it seems not anyone else. Enjoy your impotent rage and probable real world impotence.

>specializing in art (sculpting) and poetry
I too, enjoy The King in Yellow.

Which is the best patron for a level 8 solo wizard never getting to level 10?

But the guy in Call of Cthulhu was literally a sculptor, he made the clay figure of Cthulhu.

The poetry was just to make Bard work.

With all this talk about the Pact Wizard and patrons I'm curious /pfg/. Who is your witches patron, not just the bonus spells and theme but the specific entity.

Oh, right. Well The King in Yellow has sculptors and poets too. Whoops.

My character literally made a deal with Time itself, though.

You all look like pic related. Do something about it.

I'm actually only 140!

That seems like an unfounded accusation to me.

But I look like pic related

>medals pinned to full plate

I'm sure you are. At least when metric measurement system is used.