Fictional Drugs

I need Veeky Forums's help. I have a load of fictional drugs for an urban schizotech setting (you got runes in my nanomachines!) but I'm on the look out for more. Things gangs could manufacture using anything from plasma membrane filtration to chanting around a circle of sacred salts. Effects are fair game, though ludicrous effects (turns you into a clown or some shit) probably mean the drug isn't all that widespread. Since there's a diverse population here, feel free to come up with backstories for drugs made by groups of people (or monsters or AIs or whatever) you like the sound of. Anything helps!

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Transmetropolitan
youtube.com/watch?v=jgSC8Qle6nA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Novel ways to use said drugs, their effects, etc. would also be amazingly useful. More detailed things are more likely to show up in the campaign, since I tend to GM with little planned and go off details I can remember.

Afterdust is a powdery substance left over from spent magic circles used to contain otherwordly creatures as the materials for such circles tend to be esoteric in nature (i.e. various plants and minerals ground in a mortar and pestal).

The effects of Afterdust was discovered by an enterprising apprentience who accidently inhaled some of the dust while tasked with cleaning up the circle expereincing what can be considered an electrical surge in his mind and soul and brief glimpses of otherworldly things.

Since then, the apprentince was careful to collect the dust and would test them on various animals before moving on to people finding that different creatures contained offered various affects:

Celelstial creatures such as angels and devils and would cause spiritual euphoria and feelings of enlightenment while the containment of mortal spirits would cause intense emotional responses similar to what the spirit felt (or may have felt).

Long term exposure to the drug causes addiction, physical and spiritual dependancy and degredation often causing the spirits of users who die from over dose to become twisted spirits in their own right who frequent around areas where magical circles are drawn.

I like it. The idea of a gang of callers channeling ghosts with happy memories and binding them for short periods to manufacture afterdust is a good one. I also like the thought of areas where a lot of junkies OD on the stuff being haunted to shit and back. Crack dens full of ghosts.

There could be gangs who use religious circles to summon lesser beings from their spiritual circle and then getting fucked up on the afterdust to supplement cult rituals and the like.

Who's the say there is any certainty that the ghost you are binding is a happy one? If you have what literally amounts to a haunted crack houses you could just use the spirits of those people to make some really fucked up magic cocain, that and it would probably be cheaper then going out looking for happy ghosts.

The guys making the good shit might have some means of communing with the dead they call, where the knockoff sellers (who probably want more money for the good shit) just bind a ghost, dispel them and then let's scrape that shit up and ziploc it cause we got money to make.

Eating the flesh and brain tissue of artifical beings gives you a measure of control over them. however, the magic nano bots you get from doing so causes an immune response that has noticable effects such as calcifying of the skin and insanity from absorbing memories and physical and emotional experiences.from them.

I'd imagine that 'zombie-ing' would be popular in certain gangs that loved ultraviolence for its own sake.

Gossamer- was made by a weapons development company for a possible means of assassinating someone with little suspicion. It comes in a thin fabric which feels like fragile silk. Generally, it is worn as/sewn into clothing. It takes a while to kick in, say about four hours. When it does, the user experiences impaired judgement, drowsiness, calm, and lesser control of magical powers. The latter effect generally manifests as little energy bits coming off the user in erratic pulses.

Gossamer (street names Gossy, Paris Fashion, Ameline, Angel Cloth, Mistress Soft, Scrap for particularly shitty gossamer) is currently in a legal grey area similar to marijuana as it is relatively harmless. Well, aside from increased risk of skin cancer and stronger reactions to allergies.

>Assembly line summoning of spirits
>The magic circle is drawn incorrectly due to carelessness
>The process of calling them plus latent malevolence turns them into an evil spirt and they rampage and kill everyone

Fantasy DEA is going to have it's hands full.

Also:

Shadow Silk is a thin whispy material that is actually graphed onto skin. The material is formed from the flaying of creatures (particularly sentient creatures) from the lands of the dead. Once graphed, the individual has the ability to interact in a limited capacity with spiritual creatures and shadows. however, creatures can also sense the pain and suffering of the creature the graph was made from and will make them hostile towards that person.

The fantasy DEA has power armor and protective mantras, they'll be okay.

I like shadow silk being a rarity, something like rhino horn on the chinese black market.

'Bitting' is what frequent users call the uncontrolled fluctuations in aura that create these energy bits. The upside is that anyone wearing Paris Fashion for the evening will be a huge hit at the raves for the visual effects alone. The downside is that hiding from the cops when high is a pain, especially if they have auravision glasses.

Shifter Blood is a mildly mutagenic narcotic substance created from the blood of a lycanthrope or other, "berzerk," type of shifter, one that loses control of themselves when they change. Those that take it experience rampant, temporary muscle growth resulting in increased speed and strength; heightened senses resulting in, among other things, enhanced reflexes; and the growth of teeth and fingernails into fangs and claws respectively.

The drug has a few side-effects: First and foremost, those taking it lose control of themselves, entering a blood frenzy where the scent of blood will cause them to attack anything near them. In addition, the expanding muscle tissue will tear the skin, causing pain and blood loss, immediately triggering the blood frenzy in 100% of cases.

If the loss of blood does not kill the person taking it after the high passes, the dying, atrophying tissue that is left behind, trapped beneath the skin, after the high passes often will.

This drug is often seen as a last-ditch effort, or injected into hostages that the hostage-takers never intended to release, leaving them as a sort of living trap for the people trying to rescue them.

I don't imagine too many people wanting to get something like shadow silk graphed onto their body.

maybe it's something you do to people when you use them like fishing hooks to get shit from the dead like capturing them or something since they can physically interact with them so it might as well be a death sentenced to have the procedure done to you.

Ranceur is a fast acting, high-powered combat healing agent popular in all but purely civilian hospitals. An extremely potent on-site-injection cocktail, Ranceur seals bloodloss and helps protect against infection in seconds, while its true effects take a few more minutes to kick in.

Ranceur regresses affected cells to a stem-like state, triggering a reproductive frenzy that will slow down and redifferentiate after several hours. This is enough to initiate regrowth of even major limbs and organs provided the victim can be kept alive that long, though anything larger than a thumb will still require several weeks to resume proper function.

The only real side effect beyond causing enough itching to drive people into a rage is in a near homonym of the product name; if even remotely precancerous cells are affected by Ranceur, the effects are swift, devastating, and rarely anything short of utterly fatal.

After all; Ranceur uses Cancer.

That is a crazy good trap. I think this drug would probably have been produced by gangs looking for an edge on the militarized police. Likely, it's not as common as it once was, but you'd still see wrist-injectors full of the stuff on ganger heavies that would rather die swinging.

Oh my god, it's the Veeky Forums drug. If there's cancer, they let it grow out of control and just watch until its dead.

Seashine
A side product of large scale healing magics, Seashine is a blue tinted liquid that makes the user feel both utterly euphoric and sharpens the senses.

However black market versions produced by constant torture of a sentient being then casting healing onto it, known as BlueBlood or simply Ultra is surging the streets, it's not as effective and is usually mixed with highly addictive substances by drug dealers.

Also true Seashine has the effect of increasing your healing abilities incredibly for a short time but after this even papercuts will take a week to heal. Overuse of Seashine leads to leprosy-like symptoms.

"Shinies" Could be those who have contracted the side-effects, but still crave more. Shitty seashine is called 'Seawater' by locals, but it's often hard to tell the quality at a glance.

Sleepless dream is the currently accepted classification of a special substanced found to be used by some psionic religious cults.

The legality of the drug comes into question because it's synthesized from the various hormones and brain fluids from dead psions, particularly those who have practiced the art of "Dreaming".

it is believed that with rigorous spiritual and phsycial practice, those who embibe the Sleepless Dream will be able to see past the illusion of reality and see the truth of all things.

It has been reported that some samples of this drug have been stolen in the past and possibly a version of it has found its way into the recreational market being pushed as a means to truely expereince one's own dreams with vivid and intense hallucinations however it's also been reported to cause the manifestation of creatures believed to be made from the person's own fears and nightmares when one overdoses on this drug.

Those that survive complain that they are stalked by their nightmares and have to be induced into sleep via drugs and having difficult going into Rem sleep often dying from exhaustion and sleep depravation.

Higher purity versions of it have more pronounced effects with anything under a certain level not being worth it, and moderately high purity versions putting them on par with power-armored security officers.

No one's ever used the 100% pure stuff, mostly out of fear of it killing them instantly.

I'm adding this to my campaign now thanks man, the drug was already part of the campaign, it's a naval focused story hence the name btw

The process of "Hulking out" could cause the cells in the body to go into hyper mode and essentially burn themselves out by hitting their cell division limits. Even if that doesn't outright kill you the strain on your heart and organs from transforming will cause rapid organ failure as well.

"Pinpointing" is the term most people use for users who have decided to forego sleep and have late-stage addiction. It refers to the very small size of the user's pupils during this time, similar to fatal familial insomnia.

I love coming up with slang for fiction. Slang is just fun in general. Another idea: someone who gets a bad batch 'got the salt', a reference to the salt spray of the ocean of course.

Someone who burns out from this is "A Bruce".

Although I imagine after only one or two such hostage situations, there's no longer hostages in the eyes of any law enforcement forces.

>"The perps are 12 gunmen, one leader making demands, and their 48 shifters"
>"But those are innocents being forced into that state by drugs"
>"We will have reason to believe we may have been fearing for our lives. Deploy thermobarics on these three buildings and arrest anything that still moves afterwards"
>"Uh, boss, aren't those on the wrong side of town?"
>"You heard me, Lew. The longer this hostage thing stays on TV, the bigger the budget we'll have next year"
>"That's pretty genius boss"

Depends on how obvious the effects were and how common the drug became, but given that this police force that deals with rampaging demons, sentient powered armor on rampages, and gangs of coked-up catgirls with assault weapons they really could give a fuck about collateral damage so long as the majority of the area stays intact and that only a certain threshold of citizens die. You go to the scummy sectors, it's murderhobo central.

You're pretty fucking good at is as well.
Do you have any slang terms connected to sonic weapons, I have an upcoming cyberpunk dystopia campaign in which one of the weapons is a modified sound weapon used by the police to deter rioters into a deadly weapons that essentially shatters whatever you point it at?
Also I've got another thing from this campaign that I'd love to expand on, can you think of any slang terms connected to these things?
Sailors who's prosthetic limbs have magical runes carved in which give them buffs

Pirates who use water breathing magic to attack ships from beneath

Colossal invisible sea creatures that have a habit of destroying docks

Any flags that you could think of, like a fantasy version of the jolly rodger

Any of these would be incredibly helpful, just trying to make my world more believable

Caretakers are artificial life forms created through highly illegal alchemy and Necromantic practices.

They are bio-mechanical creatures who have life functions similar to regular humans although they are capable of greater levels of body modification due to their bio-mechanical nature.

When it was discovered that their brain tissues can be consumed and used to give psychic like control of others of weaker will many took to essentially poisoning themselves ingesting poisonious substances that human bodies cannot handle.

It's been discovered on more then one occasiona when a person who eats Caretaker flesh is found dead of organ failure due to the presence of highly toxic substances in their system

Sure! 'Wailers' sounds like a good one for the deterrent weapon, with 'Crackers' or maybe 'Divas' for the shatter version, for cracking mirrors or the musical idols who cracked glass with their voice.

for the rune arms, I'd go with "Ledger". A shipman's ledger was used to keep track of supplies and crew, and often was a spidery scrawl like most people's handwriting is. Someone with a bunch of runes on their arm might evoke such imagery in some.

"Bullfrogs" works for the water-breathers, because amphibians. Maybe "Gill-boys" if you like things more on the nose.

"Plankeaters" is my choice for the dock-destroying monster, though it's hard to come up with slang when you don't know what the thing looks like. "Splinter spirits" is a runner-up, but IMO it's not as catchy.

As for a fantasy pirate flag, what's valuable around those parts? Putting it on a flag with a cutlass beneath is sure to indicate their wants.

Sounds like Dresden Files' 'ThreeEye' drug would fit right in.

It's a potion that forces open people's magical Sight for a while. they see the absolute truth of things, pierce illusions, see all the magical stuff that's just out of sight, and the lingering effects of magic. They are also completely unable to forget anything they see and looking at bad juju with the Sight is mindbending.

Take it in a nice safe grove or temple, get baked and have sex with your girlfriend and you're in for a pleasant trip that you'll always recall fondly. Happen to live on an ancient burial ground, or had a bunch of people killed in your building, or a demon rampage through the area? Prepare for the worst acid trip of your life that you will also never be able to forget, no matter what.

I actually have had threeeye in this system, along with Neuroin, Frenzon, Redeye and a whole host of fictional drugs from other settings. Plenty of juve gangers whacked out of their minds talking to the dead old ladies who talk in their apartment.

>Drug name: Panic

>Reason it's called this: Real drug name in a 15-syllable abomination, "panic" sounded cool.

>Method of use: inhaled from inside pressurized plastic bottles.

>Effects: (Positive) Panic acts as an anxiety regulator, effectively bypassing the modern generalized anxiety about the future and events occurring globally down to a localized laser like focus. Users report sensations of understanding, altered perception of the passage of time, and a very strong urge to perform constructive activity, laboratory tests demonstrate curiously enhanced problem solving skills and a "purposeful nature".

If you get a good trip, you start building furniture, from raw lumber. You might get as far as varnishing before you come down from the high.

>Effects (negative): people who use Panic while under significant stress experience many symptoms in common with schizophrenia, including auditory hallucinations, paranoia, and violent episodes. Unlike many other narcotic-induced psychotic episodes, those induced by Panic involve significant degrees of premeditation and plans for alternative occurrences.

If you get a bad trip, you build a guillotine trap into your neighbor's pet flap, because that damn dog has shit on your lawn for the last fucing time.

My god. The evil Macguyver drug. I'm in love already. Totally gonna have there be 'Panic attacks' from people in office jobs and factory work trying to make that deadline and giving in to the stress, then turning their whole office floor into a deadly version of home alone.

Thanks user, you've managed to come up with more in world slang in five minutes than I managed to get over 2 months
I don't want to keep pestering you creative user but if you could I'd love some more stuff for my next campaign (I can't decide whether I should just write a short novel about it, I love the world that much)
It's set in 2216, WW3 happened over 40 years ago, China, Japan and Russia now own nearly all of Northern America and Europe is nuked to all hell.
Augments are a possibility for the rich, but for the poor it's something only gangsters get done. Manhattan is now New Tokyo, however most of the cities that still have Americans or Europeans in are shit holes due to lack of policing (picture modern day Detroit after a civil war)
Somewhere between Escape from L.A, Deus Ex I guess.
Anything you could think to add to this world I'd love to hear, not just slang but any ideas at all.

Hell, I'm here to think up shit and have other people come up with drugs for me, might as well give something back.

I love that kind of john carpenter post-apoc/cyberpunk, so lemme think. For one, who are the power structure, post-nuke? Like, are governments still scraping by, have corporations stepped in, is it anarchy and gangs rule the streets, or is it some mix of the above?

Salt of serenity is not so much a drug one takes so much as an after affect from surviving contact with a physical manifestation of a spirit.

In rare events, a spirit may grow in such strength that it can form a body composed primarily of salt though it will not exhibit any of the qualities unless the creature is "killed" in which case the spirit will discorporate.

Those who are attacked and given near fatal wounds by such creatures may sometimes expereince what is a sort spiritual allergic reaction where a similar substance begins to form in the brain. Those affected by this have been found to emotionally dull and serene, often calmly accepting of whatever is happening or may happen to them.

This affect is similar in ways to Afterdust which is the byproduct of such spirits summoned and contained in magic circles.

As if now, Scholars have not found a precise method of determining who has such a reaction to such creatures but it has become something of a morbid option for those suffering from conditions with certainty of death who wish to have their emotional anxiety stunted which leads to a sort of black market of those who hunt and contain such creatures for this purpose.

Government are controlling certain areas like Quebec and L.A which are beautiful utopias, think Mirror's Edge.
The areas where the players (or main character ) would be is run by gangs but is just about a functional society.
You can get through a day without being assaulted if you know the right streets to head down, but at night you better have a weapon
Originally the New Tokyo Government attempted to police New Tokyo hence the modified sonic weapons but they just gave up and focused on their own cities and peoples.
Strong racial prejudices as well due to immigrants entering the cities since a lot of Europe is uninhabitable.

I'd imagine it'd be popular with the depressed or those wishing to commit suicide as well.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Transmetropolitan

Sounds like a fun setting to play around in. some things that immediately pop to mind:

- A nativist gang. Not necessarily racist, but it's made of citizens and not those coming over from europe or anywhere else that's been fragged. A uniform could be black tophats with blue stripes, similar to Bill the Butcher's Bowery Boys in Gangs of New York.

- The last vestiges of a police force, possibly abandoned. act as vigilantes with secondhand equipment and have gone all batman levels of crazy with traps and gadgets.

- A flashy Vietnamese mob. Whenever people do asian gangs they always do yakuza or triads, but never Veitnam. The place has a cool culture and a crazy criminal underworld. Give them mirrorshades and hawaiian shirts to set them out from the dreary surroundings they live in.

- A hobo gang, mostly war vets, that basically run camps and shelters since there's nobody else to run them. Surprisingly heavily armed and hooked up with home-build flamethrowers and spearguns, and tons of molotovs. A little unhinged, but as close to the good guys as possible in this kind of world.

- Nitro raiders. I made a gang in my setting called the Nitro Raiders that were your average 80s movies raiders. big shoulder pads, facepaint, spikes, all that crazy bondage shit. I add mutations and nonhumans and the like but if this is more reality-based just make em nuts and give em some mohawks. If you want a nod to my campaign, have a big one named Letter with a big industrial crane scoop grafted to his back like an adeptus mechanicus priest. have him talk about huffing gunpowder and other such 'ultramanly' shit that he has to do at all times to prove how fucking crazy he is. Name comes from: youtube.com/watch?v=jgSC8Qle6nA

Soma is memetic line of code usually distributed as a visual audio recording that can affect artifical beings such as Caretakers and humans who have extensive cybernetic enhancements to their brain.

On particular deadly version of this memetic drug is call the "Rings" named after a popular horror movie in which various disturbing images are shown in a precisely timed sequence along with audio ques and subliminal noises that can imprint certain feelings and emotions onto the victim, often extensive hallucinations and feelings of dread and anxiety that can result in actualized manifestation of injuries such as scratches or even organ failure.

This drug has been used by various terrorist organizations in wide scale attacks although the effects can be mitigated to a degree by blocking one of the various sense ques used, typically hearing by shutting off sound or closing one's hands over their ears to block out the sound and looking away.

Just the thing for a terror cell looking to strike at technological wonders. Thank god for all those dryad luddite militias who are willing to use the weapons of the enemy against them, no?

Yes, especially those who have been used in the creation of Artifical beings

Philip K Dick had a bunch of 'em:

Chew-Z: An alien fungus that connects you to what may be a malevolent demiurge, allows you to travel between realities and time periods as a kind of "Ghost". Prolonged use may result in becoming unable to differentiate reality from the hallucinations of the demurge, a robot arm, metal teeth, and cybernetic eyes.

Can-D; allows you to project your consciousness into an artificial world you create in miniature and the idylic life of the main character who lives in it. (For this setting, it's a drug you can take to experience totally immersive hallucinations of any entertainment, setting you can conjure up with some kind of image or physical layout).

Ubik: All purpose reality enforcer. Good against predatory psychic ghosts and all manner of existential terror. Available with or without gold particles, in spray, salve, tonic, pill, inhaler, vape cartridge, or cranial nanobot injector! “Ubik ... Safe when taken as directed.” May be God.

"Substance D". Totally not a mind control agent produced by an evil cult that uses it's rehabilitation programs for it's brain-scrambled victims to advance a nefarious agenda. Side effects may include split brain syndrome, loss of consciousness, loss of the ability to understand your own existence, loss of ability to experience consciousness, and dry mouth.

JJ-180: An alien chemical warfare agent. Highly toxic, totally addictive. Allows you to travel in time.

All of those have now been written down in my notebook.
Thanks user

Have a number of these in-universe already, particularly substance D (because both the story and the movie are among my faves). However I didn't have JJ-180 or ubik, so thank ye!

Also, yardies are another type of gang you never see. Jaimaican gangs like shimmer posse and the Sandbar Boys would be big smugglers for just about anything someone needs to get into the country.

"Marooner": drug that makes you think you're doing magic but you're actually just going "Bzap!" and gesturing wiht your hands at things.
Side effect: loss of dignity
Method of induction: Must be soaked into scalp like a shampoo

"Marauder" - drug leads to hallucinating so strongly that local reality is shifted and anyone who gets near you is forcibly induced into the hallucination and anyone in that zone has to sruvive by the internal logic of your hallucination
side effect: if anyone dies in the hallucination they are written out of the consensual reality outside of the hallucination
Induction: Soaked through scalp.

"Nami": Causes face-phasia so everyone you see looks like the most attractice woman you know
Side Effects: Mistakes are made.
Induction: applied to knife and cut into your back.

"Spiders": makes every spider in a mile's radius swarm upon your location but keep a respectful distance of at least 1 foot at all times
Side Effect: there is no positive effect.
Induction: fill a shot glass with the substance then smash it into a fire.

"Ampersand": Control sand
Side effect: A doppleganger is produced while you sleep 2 days later. Said doppleganger is a jerk and hates you and can only be banished by blowing sand in its face.
Induction: Injected into a plant your keep within a foot of your bed.

"Australia": Turns gravity upside down in your local vicinity, though you are unaffected by it.
Side Effect: You pee out your ass and shit out your piss hole for a week afterwards.
Induction: Footbath.

"Comprehend Language": enables you to understand any language you hear or read.
Side Effect: Renders you incomprehensible to humans and animals while in effect.
Induction: Applied to sugar cube and melted onto tongue.

"Self-control". (mildly stolen from Greg Egan) It's a drug that gives you the ability to totally rewire your brain. Probably created by an AI who thought they were being benevolent but didn't really get humans. Effectively it allows you to freely associate responses in your brain to various stimuli. Works as an effective cure for depression, PTSD, love, boredom, obesity, anorexia, self, bipolar disorder, or memories.

The problem is, "self-control" doesn't actually give you self control. Knowing when to stop rewiring yourself is hard, particularly because at first it does make you better. It's just being able to shut off negative stimulus is not a good thing. It's pretty common for long term users to just starve to death as they can make everything, even hunger feel good.

Any authority that gets effective control of any scrap of territory tries to ban it. Allegedly because of the people starving to death, but mostly because a pissed off person with a few phials of this can turn themselves into the kind of Travis Bickle killer motherfucker that many angry losers see themselves as but aren't willing to do the pushups or take the risk of getting shot.

Angle is a drug that allows its users to perceive the world from the fourth dimension. Users of said drug display the ability to "see everything", as well as minor prescience. However, extended use of this drug frequently results in insanity, as the mind simply cannot process what it perceives.

can't tell if you took too many marijuana or just the right amount of marijuana

"Friendlies"
Not actually a drug by itself but rather sitting somewhere between sybiote and parasite these nasal introduced organisms will make their way to the thinnest part of the skull within the nasal cavity and then burrow their way to the brain producing anesthetic so as to not stress their new host.

Pros: So long as these little gribbles are livin in your noggin you'll experience a general heightening of positive feelings, a sense of contentment, the ability to sense and instantly get along with anyone else with these little brain ticklers and the constant sense that you are in the presence of someone you know and love and are loved in return

Cons: Increased food needs as they spread throughout your body, mild degradation to coordination and general cognition, an insatiable desire to try and spread your source of happiness to everyone you meet.

What do you get when you drink the ink from a squid, boiled in Deep-weed and mix a healthy dosage of paint funes? Not only an effective high, but the ability to tag truly impressive street murals, grafitti, and other pieces of art by breath alone. Users typically smugged the liquid in empty cans of spray paint and wear gas masks to keep the fumes in their system till they find the right canvas for their work

This talk of fictional drugs has reminded me of Transmetropolitan as well. There are drugs in there that defy reason, and even, "drugs," that are bits of code designed to replicate the effect of narcotics on sentient machines, as shown in that picture.

What I'm really remembering is the fact that there's a type of drug craze mentioned later on where a human and machine get high on the same thing in tandem, with the machine making connections inside the human that the human can get a high through, which don't go away when the high wears off. The more they do it, the more machinery they end up with inside them.

In my homebrew, there is one month of complete darkness, so one of the more popular drugs is called "light" or "shine"

Its pretty much an addictive nightvision potion that gives the user glowing eyes. Used at day or abused too much will make one go blind

Tyr, a drug that causes you to weep openly and uncontrollably, but leaves you feeling stronger and more confident afterward. The more you do it however, the longer the weeping phase lasts and the shorter the after-weep high is. People you see on the subway crying the whole way are filthy junkies.

Drop, a modified form of acid. It's effects are more forgiving, resulting in less intense trips, but with the bonus of less chance of a bad trip.

Rush is made by extracting adrenaline from the kidneys of a still living human, and with a spark of magic as the catalyst, fusing it with a stimulant. Its high lasts for hours, and keeps you going like the Energizer Bunny. Rumor has it the drug is so potent it even makes the vampires feel alive while they're on it. The lower class gangs that manage to make Rush use methamphetamines, bath salts, flakka, or just about any stimulant they can get their hands on. The further up you go in society, the better quality the stimulants become and the less likely you are to become a face eating cannibal.

The drugs in the pdf are probably a little tame for what OP is looking for, but I think having some "baseline" narcotics might make the crazier ones stand out more.

Here's a couple standouts.

>EIEIO
>An infectious interactive novel written by Aleister Zion. Users hallucinate that they are a character in the story, acting out their version of the events. Since the drug/virus is infectious people they interact with also become dragged into the novel. The storyline is a post-postmodern mess centered around Tiffany Protagonist (the first infected person), a mystic courtesan racing to deliver a message to the right person in order to prevent/hasten the apocalypse. As the infection spreads other people become involved like the unlucky inventor Cowboy (who may or may not be responsible for triggering the apocalypse), the hard-bitten road warrior Takeshi, a sinister meteorologist that appears to lead the opposition to Tiffany, a Buddhist game designer that might be the author himself, a telepathic assassin/corporate executive and an entity whose face is the universe. Infected people gain some of the personality, goals and mannerisms of the characters, but retain their normal skills. Somewhat unsurprisingly the novel-virus is quite disruptive when it plays itself out, leading to sex, murders and acts of terrorism.

>Stand Up
>Triggers orbitofrontal witzelsucht, making the user see themselves as terrifically funny. They make puns about everything, tell inappropriate jokes or stories (with no concern for their appropriateness) and generally have a roaring good time. Usually deeply annoying for bystanders unless they are also taking Stand Up, in which case the bad jokes become immensely amusing.

Wow, thats an oldie

Taking both at the same time allows a person to "survive" the Shifter Blood effects. For the few gangs who are ballsy enough (or stupid enough) to actually steal from a military hospital and survive, they have the ability (though perhaps not the capacity) to create this powerful cocktail.

The bigger issue is when to inject the Shifter Blood in relation to the Ranceur. As Ranceur takes a few minutes for the healing to properly start, the user may inject either too early and cause himself to lose control or die before the regeneration starts or too late and the Ranceur wears off before the user comes down from their Shifter high, causing death.

The military are testing methods that release the drugs at appropriate intervals through pills, and are encountering mixed successes.

Circine
Developed by a Mexican medical institute to help treat federal agents struggling with PTSD. Circine, when taken correctly, helps relieve painful memories and psychological trauma associated with them. It functions both as a mild euphoriac and an amnesiac. The amnesiac effect may be nothing but placebo, and further clinical research is being done at the moment to prove it.
Known side-effects of circine include lethargy, forgetfulness, gluttony, and minor respiratory complications (characterised by grunting and snorting in circine users). These symptoms are more pronounced in subjects that use circine acquired from the black market, or those who self-administer the drug without medical supervision.
A person who abuses circine or has received incorrect dosage will fail to identify close friends and family members. Loss of identity is also documented, as well as violent episodes when the user is reminded of past trauma.

>Succubus horn
>add to water, use as lube.
>Turn you and your lover into sex beasts for the night
>Next day male contraception, woman has extra energy
>sterile women use it to allow men who want to fuck their wives, but not have children.
>Also used by wetnurses to ensure pregnancy (need to keep that lactation going somehow) the night of use so they can increase liklihood of pregnancy.

"Lemme tell ya kid, this thing is the tits. It's called the Eternal High. People take it and they're tripping for days. Weeks even! What is it? I dunno kid. The labbies made it, not me. 'Course it's safe. There's someone just over there who's on a high right now. They lookin' like they're unsafe? 'Course not. There's a good girl. One gulp. Don't that feel better?"

"The Eternal High" is a bacteria that produces chemicals normally similar to LSD. The drug is often mixed with other drugs to further alter the perception of the user above and beyond what would normally happen or take on the effect of the other drug. However, the drug, in addition to acting as a normal batch of LSD, also feeds on magic. This gives it it's unusually long effect time. People with stronger magic have it last for longer than others.

However, this means that the drug drains your magic. It is not advised for anybody to take this drug if they don't know what strain it is. Some strains only drain magic until a certain amount of magical power is left, which is comparatively non-damaging unless the user wishes to use magic while they are effected, but other strains drain magic until there is none left. Losing your magic is like losing your blood. You die if you lose too much. Such strains are cultivated by being removed from the corpse of the drained person which is then resold. They reproduce in the body so there is more in the corpse than there was when they originally consumed it.

Weakly bred strains are used in hospitals with morphine so people can have them constantly producing small amounts of morphine for people on death's doorstep. People who want to die quickly can elect to have the strains that fully drain their magic to get a massive morphine hit before they die if they're allowed to ask for euthanasia.

There, OP. I've made a drug that makes more drugs more effective for you.

>schizotech
Fuck you, retard

What's wrong with magitech?

Oh hey, I came back to my own thread hours later and decided to post just to tell you to fuck off. I'm a grown ass man and I'll have fun in whatever fantastical setting I damn well please, and so will those around me.

Fuck me. You guys have a lot of good shit. How much for a key?