Shinobi Quest #35

Shinobi Quest #35

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, the Preliminaries of the Third Round of the Chunin exam had begun! After a promise to Nori, Tsuki and Company watched their peers face off in single combat to determine who would move on to the next round- with some fights being more one sided others.

Pulling the Number 5, Tsuki was matched with the Sound Genin, Dosu. Undergoing a plan to taunt Dosu into revealing his strengths, Tsuki was able to skillfully avoid the enemy Shinobi’s attacks. Eventually, using his own anger against him, she was able to defeat Dosu by unleashing a combination of her Great Fireball and Lightning Strike techniques.

The clear victor, Tsuki resumed watching as the fights continued, until it reached something she had been dreading….

Sweet

Any garaa fags exist out there?

Oh boy, time again for ohohohodventures

Yes.

If he'll take our name and join our village then yes, too bad that will never happen

Not that guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing something different.

“Genin with the number EIGHT, please come forward into the arena!” he calls.

Hinata takes a deep breath, and heads down- looking across the arena, you feel a knot form in your gut.

“Hinata Hyuuga vs. Neji Hyuuga!”

Your grip on the guiding rails tighten- Neji.

There was no way Hinata was ready for this.... or is she?

Your teammate continues down into the ring, her face a mask.

No. You must cheer her on! You'll be damned if your friend is beaten by that lout!

"GOOOO! HINATA!" you cheer at the top of your lungs.

------------------------------------------------

Non crazy Gaara is great. But the issue is that he would have to take our name and join Leaf like says and I don't see that happening.

Can't wait to see neji get body slammed 20 times the get hit by the piledriver on top of the steel chair

Well...his village is afraid of him and he fucking hates them, maybe there is something that could be swung there.

>The Sand letting go of a son of a Kage
>Thats a Jinchuruki
>Ever
We have a better chance of Minato switching to Roots point of view

The issue with that is a lot of the reason he becomes less crazy and sociopathic is that he comes to terms with his village and they become less afraid.

If we get enough people to be nice to him and convince him hard enough he would probably leave his village and join the leaf which would also mean the Sand gets turned into a complete hellhole

No chance in hell user. Hes literally the son of the kage.

See

It'd still be pretty bad politically.

How about we worry about this little family scrap first and wonder about the husbando-hood of an insane serial murdering demon-host foreigner we've never had a conversation with later?

Yea still a bad idea

why does he have to move to the leaf? why cant we move there?

Your not the boss of me, if I want to talk about husbandos I will

Nah, make him fall in love with us and then become Kazkage. Then use him to control Suna from the shadows.

Sure thing. You go ahead and hurry up the QM until we get to a decision that needs to be made or a post to read. Until then we can talk as we please.

We had one conversation user,the one were we broke him

>Leaf village
Full of life, plants, friends, and money
>Sand village
Sand and death
Gee, I wonder which one is better...

Can't chat during an update user?

>Tsuki leaving the Leaf.
Yeah nah.

We need heirs that take the Norihime name user. Also bad politically.

>wanting to betray the leaf
Have you even been following this quest?

>We need heirs that take the Norihime name user. Also bad politically.
We don't need to do anything, we just need to string him along and keep him under our thumb.

"GOOOO! HINATA!"

The cheer echos throughout the arena- Tsuki-hime’s voice!

You turn slightly to see her- eyes full of vigor, blue curls bouncing vivaciously. Nori, standing nearby, is laughing at your friend’s enthusiasm- while Itachi-sensei gives you a knowing nod.

Right… your friends believe in you- you won’t let them down!

Turning to face Neji, you recall the promise you made with Tsuki in the memorial park that day, months ago.

You would beat him. You’d do it!

You are Hinata Hyuuga- heiress of the Hyuuga clan!

Today is the day that father will see your worth!

[You are now playing as Hinata Hyuuga. Fight mechanics will play out similarly as before, although you have access to the BYAKUGAN, allowing to you see well beyond normal vision.]

Hinata Hyuuga

Ninjutsu 2.5
Taijutsu 3.5
Genjutsu 1.5
Intelligence 2.5
Strength 2.0
Speed 3.0
Stamina 2.5
Hand seals 3.0
Total: 20

Skills:

Eight Trigrams 16,32,64 Palms

Revolving Heaven

Vacuum Palm

Gentle Fist Technique (Passive)

Summoning Contract: Snakes

Shunshin

Prepare thyself!

user you realize we would be the biggest hypocrite in the world and we would make danzo cry if we did that

That's basically what Naruto did but unintentionally anyway

Add to that the current leaf kage has a Jinchuruki somewhere in his family.

aw fuck

Here we go.

Ahh yeah. Look around, memorize the room. I know we got BYAKUGAN, but we gotta be smart and can't focus on anything but Neji during the fight. Gotta know where we are and what we are near at all times. Angles to play and all that

A rich girl moving to some super shit pit of a village in the middle of a shitty desert just to be with a psychopathic killer possessed by a giant trash panda demon.

[Spoiler]I wonder if Garra has inherited any other tanuki traits?[/spoiler]

Hype. Ok open with a technique while we close the gap. Then begin gentle fist off. Once we have a Lil blood on ourselves back off and summon snakes. When neji moves to engage snakes out the sleeves and bite all the pressure points. He begins rotating pop snakes out the ground to bite, poison and restrain then go forcthat finish

You're assuming way too much.

Its Kung Fury time

You take the stance of the Gentle Fist- the same stance you’ve practiced since birth.

You take a small breath, then activate your Byakugan.

The Byakugan’s vision is something that takes practice to master- the sudden influx of Sight can be disorienting for the unprepared. Thankfully, Father’s training has honed your Sight to a razor’s edge.

It allows you to see the entire room- foreign and domestic shinobi, along with their Jonin teachers, all eager to watch two Hyuuga tear each other to shreds. Even Hayate, the proctor seems a bit on edge, although he’s pretty good at concealing it.

The arena you’re in is nothing special- no particular tactical advantages to be had.

It’s simply you and Neji.

Your cousin, however, seems rather relaxed. He hasn’t even taken up the stance….

“Give up, Hinata. You know it’s pointless.” He says, that smug grin taking hold of his face.

“You’re too weak to beat me, Hinata. You know it, I know it, and the elders know it. Lord Hiashi wouldn’t have even allowed this fight, if he were here to see it. Give up.”

“W-what!? Father wouldn’t-”

You catch yourself- he’s trying to psych you out. Tsuki-hime does this a lot to people- it might give you pause if you weren’t used to it by now.

You….

1. Respond to Neji, letting him know exactly what you think of him.

2. Take advantage of his lapse in judgement- attack!

>2. Take advantage of his lapse in judgement- attack!

Speak through actions, not words.

>1. Respond to Neji, letting him know exactly what you think of him.
The phrasing of this makes me think she is going to chew him the fuck out.

We'll psyche HIM out.

2. Take advantage of his lapse in judgement- attack!
How about we let actions speak for us

Shunshin behind pop Revolving Heaven. Shut him down

One way ticket to the pain train, destination: Neji

Gimme them rolls, boys.

1d100, first three.

Rolled 43 (1d100)

Rollan' it

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Rolled 8 (1d100)

Rolling

Rolled 93 (1d100)

Waaahhh

Too funny

Balls!
DOUBLE BALLS!!

Should have been faster.

I got like three quests to roll for cut me some slack

no

especially if one of them is that terrible Future Boruto thing

Neji was right.

A simple change of continuity can't touch that fact

Not going to answer that

He seems ready to continue his spiel, but as far as you’re concerned, the conversation is over.

You utilize the Shunshin taught to you by the Fourth- it should be quick enough to catch him off guard!

You unleash a quick series of blows- but none of them collide with anything but an afterimage.

“Tsk. You’re gonna make me hurt you, Hinata. I wanted to avoid that- seems it can’t be helped.” his smug voice says from behind you.

Spinning on your heel, you try to strike-

-and he knocks aside your blow.

His Byakugan are active- but he doesn’t move to counter.

“Give. Up. You’re outmatched.”

No….!

He can’t be that far beyond you, right….?

You….

1. Give up. Better to save everyone’s time than let this continue….

2. No- I won’t give up!

3. Do something bold.

>2. No- I won't give up!
>3. Do something bold.

>3. Do something bold.

activate his branch family curse seal

>3. Do something bold.

how could we not?

>3. Do something bold.

Mystery box. Here. We. Go.

>2. No- I won’t give up!
>3. Do something bold.

>3. Do something bold.
Fuck it! If we cant beat him, the will of the Norihime can! Maximum OHOHOH!
...and snakes. lots of fucking snakes

>3. Do something bold.
Snake to the eyes

>2. No- I won’t give up!

> inb4 Neji gets triggered by the snakes and goes full hand-wings on back retarded

Will it be like Augur of Ebrietas from Bloodborne?

I give it good odds.

That bitch kicked my ass the most in that game.

>3. Do something bold.

Seizing the day.

Roll me... 1d100, first 5.

Rolled 20 (1d100)

Better this time!

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Rolling

Rolled 35 (1d100)

We can't lose we have to win for Tsuki

Rolled 7 (1d100)

Well yeah, you didn't roll, Silly.

Rolled 16 (1d100)

Rolled 69 (1d100)

Rolled 6 (1d100)

>2. No- I won’t give up!

Yeah whoops. I'll keep it in the holster.

BOY I HOPE THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH

it's not

> Wargle_takes_a_drink.gif

He's probably right though.

eh it's probably enough to continue the fight even if we don't accomplish much with the roll itself.

He hasn't killed that many characters yet user

AYYYYYY

First time I've made it to a thread, I want on this wild ride.

I've been catching up in the archives a day late and a dollar short since thread one.

NORI BEST, GODDAMMIT.

Nori's alright. Hinata is definitely a better girl.

Tsuki is best girl.

Is Hinata going to summon... Shnisissugah?

Nori has potential for bro tier, hinata is adorable sister tier, Tsuki is Big Money tier

You bite down on your tongue- hard enough to draw blood.

Your slight whimper of pain seems to intrigue Neji.

“It’s ok, Hinata- you’re just admitting to your weakness.” he says, craning his head closer to taunt you-

You spit the blood in his eyes.

“Agh- what?!”

Immediately, he backs off, desperately trying to wipe it off-
You swiftly bring your right thumb to your mouth, then paint the blood along your left arm; across your summoning tattoo.

“Ssssso, she summonsss us at lasssst. We ansssswer the call.”

A small white snake, head topped with a purple bow, peeks out from the collar of your uniform.

“Hmm… that’s the boy? Seems you got him with some venom of your own, Hinata~” The creature purrs with a feminine voice.

“That’s him, Neija. I need your help.” You plead quietly. Meanwhile, Neji seems to have recovered- you won’t have much time.

“I honor our contract. We are yours.” Neija answers, amused by your plea.

She was the first snake you were able to summon that could speak- and there seems to be a bond between you; even if she views you more as a curiosity.

She tucks her head back into your collar, hiding for now. Neija says she’s too small to be a frontline fighter- best to use her for stealth.

“Until I grow even more magnificent~” She would always explain.

[Snake Summoning Contract Active]

Eyes clear, Neji races towards you, eyes wild. Seems like he’s done speaking as well.

(1d100, first three to dodge or counter Neji!)

Rolled 27 (1d100)

D cups