/hhg/ Horus Heresy General

Your lack of Bread is disturbing, Edition.
Not enough bread to sustain my bitterness sub-edition
You don't get a summary, only bitterness. And Decimation.

Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Mechanicum-Secutarii-Hoplites-Upgrade-set
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads//Secutarii_Titan_Guard_Download.pdf
forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Mechanicum-Secutarii-Peltasts-Upgrade-Set
youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blast them with chainswords! CHAINSWORDS UP THEIR DADDY'S COCK!.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Time for decimation. You know what to do. Roll a d10 to see if you have been chosen to die.

Can my warlord be from an allied detachment in 30k? Unlike the normal rulebook there is no mention of a restriction.

do we get DECIMATED on a 10 or a 1

10, of course user. Decimation is the removal of every 10th man.

Rolled 1 (1d10)

>777
>rolled 7

he took all the luck

everyone is gonna get decimated

Rolled 9 (1d10)

i aint scared, im gonna beat some bitch nigga to death with my shoes

You were REEEEALLY lucky we established the 10th man was going to be killed, rather than the one who rolled a one.

Say, if we are to ever do non-IW/AL memes, we need to know where the other legions are.
Otherlegion dudes, are you there?
Or is this an Iron Storm shrouded in mystery, shoved up the ass of an enigma? That's only 26% of /hhg/
Heh..."only"...
We gotta have people other than IW/AL/WB/IF/NL/DG...right?

>kill 1 in 10

Redeemer, he's doing it wrong again!

No. This is a bitter thread for the bitter brethren. You know this, Brother Scorpion.

help

>Standards must be mantained

>that guy lighting his helmet
fucking amazing

>It's also a flamethrower
Vulkan would be proud.

So, how do i use these guys? I also have:
Ancestor lord in exo armor,
Attack bike w/multimelta
10 guys with carapace and a mix of bolters/lasguns that i could swap out
5 guys with various heavy weapons, mostly heavy plasma and multimeltas that can be swapped out
3 mortar teams

Imperial militia obviously, but what set up?

Be they the species known as Squats? Wat. How. Huh? I dunno.

>Ancestor lord in exo armor

Power armour force commander.

>Attack bike w/multimelta

Militia doesn't have bikes. Multi-melta sentinel would probably be the only option, but minimum unit size is 3.

>10 guys with carapace and a mix of bolters/lasguns that i could swap out

Grenadiers, probably, but units need to be equipped with the same weapons.

>5 guys with various heavy weapons, mostly heavy plasma and multimeltas that can be swapped out

Support squads, but I don't think Militia gets multi-meltas and plasma cannons.

>3 mortar teams

You mean quad mortars? If so, quad mortar rapiers.

What if there was a Knight that had a Barrage weapon?

>Power armour force commander.
That works
>Militia doesn't have bikes. Multi-melta sentinel would probably be the only option, but minimum unit size is 3.
Yeah, i don't think there is any real option for it
>Grenadiers, probably, but units need to be equipped with the same weapons.
I can swap them out so they are the same
>Support squads, but I don't think Militia gets multi-meltas and plasma cannons.
I can swap them out for Heavy bolters.
>You mean quad mortars? If so, quad mortar rapiers.

No, i have 2 quad launchers (shown in pic) i mean i also have 3 mortars with crew. I think they are the old style mole mortars but they can work as a regular mortar depending on which way it is pointed.

I also have a standard bearer that could be converted into a psyker if i wanted to.

It is interesting to note that the models are so small that the plasma cannons and multimeltas are the size of current plasma guns and melta guns. So i could just use those as the non heavy versions, explaining away the shoulder mounts as the troops being really short.

I also have three guys with the old IG shoulder mounted lascannons and a few extra gun crew models, .i could model a power pack with a cable linking the gun crew models to the gunners and call them weapon teams with mulilasers.

Any admiration my opponents have for me using such old models is going to disappear the instant they realize how badly i can abuse cover and line of sight rules isn't it?

Am I the only one who wishes that the sponsons on vehicles were more like Leman Russ sponsons? I just love that WW1 aesthetic.

Do any of the BL HH books or any other lore ever shed any light on the walking dead army of the Xana incursion? Spoopy 30k Legions a best.

I hope not. I really don't want Black Library to fuck up my favorite forgeworld.

>Force Commander
-Power Armour, something-something weapons
-Warrior Elite, Abhuman Helots
= 145pts.

>Grenadier Squad (10x)
-Bolters
= 95pts.

>Fire Support Squad (5x)
-Heavy Bolters
= 125pts.

>Rapier Battery (2x)
-Quad Mortars
= 120pts.

485pts. total. Throw in some upgrades for grenadier sergeant and force commander, like power weapons or something and it's a clean 500pts. which can be used as allies, for example.

You're left with the bike and mortars.

smacks lips profusely
SO HOL UP HOL UP
steals relics
SO U BE SAYIN
gets jiggy wit it
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
picks up flamer
AYYYOOOO SO U BE SAYIN
checks for nearest KFC
U BE SAYIN
praises the emperor
HOL UP HOL UP
licks teeth then smacks lips
AYYOO U BE SAYIN
purges xenos
SO U BE SAYIN
opens up a 40 and pours some for his homies Vulkan and Ferrus
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
throws a basketball
WE WUZ
Forges armor
KINGS N SHIET

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Mechanicum-Secutarii-Hoplites-Upgrade-set

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads//Secutarii_Titan_Guard_Download.pdf

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Mechanicum-Secutarii-Peltasts-Upgrade-Set

Which consul should I buy for my Alpha Legion ?

With which gear ?

For now I only have 2x20 blob marines with power daggers and power fists sergeants

I made two 1,850 taghmata lists, which one would you rather face? I know I'd personally bring the punchy one mostly to fuck around and attempt to drown my opponent in zombies, though still having the potential to actually achieve something.

Saboteur + Combat Augment Array = Alpha Win

Something for the weekend.

No rules to use them in AoD games, as far as I can tell. That's a bit of a surprise. Is there a 30k admech update coming that'll add the skitarii stuff? (Or has there been one and I completely missed it?)

Might be a good thing they're not in 30k though, that kinetic hammershot (on a 12pt, relentless, BS4 model) is some shiggedy.

Any have any experience with Ursarax? Been thinking about adding 6 with power fists into my Ordo Reductor list.

2 with roman numerals and 11 with arabic, good job

Am i be free of this bitter life?

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Sons of horus represent.

who needs bitterness when you have pride

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Let it be me

TSon here, just waiting to see how they turn out in Inferno and whatever might be in the BaC2 box. 'Course, at that point I'll probably get called a bandwagoning faggot, but there we are.

>college football teams wins first game
>on the way back to my dorm it starts raining
I bet Magnus or the Word Bearers were behind it.

>Imperial Fist trips

Someone asked for the part about the Warp layers from "Path to Heaven". I am providing.

>‘I do not know the warp as you do,’ said Yesugei. ‘But I know is not that simple. Otherwise, no movement is possible at all.’

>‘There are layers,’ said Veil, impatiently. ‘Yes, there is stratum aetheris, the shallow ways. There is stratum profundis, the greater arteries, plunging deeper. There is stratum obscurus, the root of the terror. How does this help you? No living man can navigate the deep ways. Even he could not.’

>‘But you try to map it.’

>‘It could not be done.’ Veil shook his head with frustration. ‘He was wrong about that, at least. It is not a mirror. It moves like a living thing. It is a living thing. Touch it, and it trembles.’ He briefly lost his certainty. ‘I do not have the Eye, but still I have seen things. I have studied what they study. The complexity is… immortal.’

>‘Try to explain.’ Yesugei spoke softly. ‘I am fast learner.’

>Veil exhaled, his eyes widening. ‘The Seethe is an ocean. All know this–it has currents, it has depths, it has storms. Near the surface, you can see the Cartomancer’s light. You can follow it. You can use your Geller aegis, and you are kept barred from the Intelligences. But even then, you are just below the upper limits. Go deeper and the aegis shatters. The lights go out. The Eye is blinded. When men say that they traverse the warp, they boast, for no mortal does more than skim across eternity’s face, like stones thrown by a child. We do not belong there. It is poison for us, and the deeper in, the worse the poison.’

>‘Achelieux try to go deeper?’

Forget about being called whatever. I've been a 1KS player for a decade and am beyond hyped for Inferno and possible boxed set, no-one bitching about that shit or the Sons getting played more often should dull down your hype.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Die related.
I imagine there will be plenty of TSons and Swolves after infurno.

You and me both Sorcerer-bro, you and me both.

>‘Who knows? Maybe. He did not succeed. Do you know why not? Because it is impossible. It takes the power of a tormented sun just to puncture the shallowest shoals. No energy in our arsenal could possibly pierce further. String the reactors of a dozen battleships together, double their potential, and still it would not be enough. So no, he did not succeed.’

Turns out the Imperials are just skimming the surface layer of the Warp. They do not truly plunge into the Warp. Going deeper requires tremendous amount of energies that no ship in the Imperium can muster and no Geller field can survive the pressure.

Why didn't anyone of you guys tell me this all these years? This changes my understanding of the Warp and its travel. You have failed me, Veeky Forums.

So if
>Tau can only half skinny dip in the warp
>Tyranids make slow bounding leaps in and out
>Imperium goes in shallowly with Gellar fields
>Deeper in is the realm of the gods where we all go mad

Then top prize goes to the Orks who walked right the fuck up to Khorne's citadel.

So that one picture that described what we thought was an overblown way of how a Rogue Trader does Warp Travel is right? Are daemons really made out of lemon juice too then?

?
The Warp's been likened to the seas for years and years m8y.
People sailing the Warp's tides on ships that can shoot broadsides and ramming prows and torpedoes and have to batten down the hatches while navigating the currents of the Warp and the people inside listening to the creaking of the hull and the scrabbling of the shoals of predators happens in basically every book with space travel.
Then you know, there's the times when it's called the Great Ocean.

The fluff you posted is just spelling out the imagery in more detail. If you've never thought of the Warp as having depths, currents, riptides and some daemons as akin to those horrible fucking fish with the teeth and the lightbulb on their heads in terms of horror, well, I guess I'm glad your imagination has been expanded now.

>>Tau can only half skinny dip in the warp

The Tau skim engines don't even enter the Warp. They skim the void between real space and the warp.

And this was retconned in 6th ED. Tau now use near-light propulsion engines.

>>Tyranids make slow bounding leaps in and out

Retconned in 5th ED.

Tyranids use ships called Narwhals to harness the gravity of systems and pull themselves forward. They do not rely on the Warp to travel.

>Then top prize goes to the Orks who walked right the fuck up to Khorne's citadel.

Actually, Tuska the Daemonkiller was teleported from a daemon world into Khorne's realm by the Blood God himself.

So now Merrett is gone will we see return of the squats and maybe even a lost enclave of the men of stone and men of gold?

>Tyranids use ships called Narwhals
ffs

Do what to the who and the why?

Imperial classification, just as for anything else they have mate.

youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

I would have played thousand sons had they been given rules and models when I started heresy gaming. But now they can be allies with my iron warrior host, if Primarchs can be friends then surely their legionaries can as well
Space marines are not negroids so he wouldn't speak like that, and sans white scars I'm pretty sure geneseed makes you more Caucasian as that's where the emperor was originally from and geneseed is loosely emperor DNA

OMG? He's gone??

Can someone photoshop this guy into that collage of the mechanicus art with the sergeant and his mace at 45 degrees

Which picture?

01000010 01010010 01001111 01010100 01001000 01000101 01010010 00111111 00100001

I can't find it so it doesn't matter.

Never mind I found it!

Yep. Gone gone.

What happened? Should we be worried or not?

user, you do realize that the Salamanders are not black people, right? They just have reverse albinism.

user, Iron Warriors are Distruested Allies instead of Sworn Brothers, unfortunately.

We've been over this before. Could we not?

That's the joke ...

This is why everybody here plays the autism legion (IW)

Let him gents-agree it, the same way some people do it for WE/WB forces. All in the name of fun.

>11 pairs of arms with weapons
>11 heads
>10 backpacks
>23.50£
Oh wow

Autilon Skorr

it's in case you want to make a unit of twenty

Read Riven and the Keys of Hel

I did like that they were too lazy to include bits for a basic dude with an omnispex or data tether (like how it's done in normal skitarii squads) so just made it so you put those on the alpha.

Oh, and remember it's actually £47 because you need the plastic skitarii box as well, although this really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone browsing these threads.

The rumours say that the new box will be MkIII w/ Phobos Bolters.

>tfw wanted to do an all MkIII with Tigrus bolters army

What rumours? That one guy shitposting last thread?

This, you simply can't go wrong with that guy.

Eh?

>it's actually £47 because you need the plastic skitarii box as well
Yeah, my point exactly. It's too much for the small amount of stuff in the set.

Nah, there's a dedicated thread on BaC. Yiff players are still butthurt that FW said no Bjorn ever.

Well it makes sense, the guy was a literally who during the Heresy.

Have they mentioned who their SW special characters will be

No. Right now they're arguing whether there will be a SW character, or whether the Custodes and SoS are the special characters.

>the guy was a literally who during the Heresy.
Alexis Pollux was a newguy ascended to HQ, and most FW characters, especially those from HH1 are literally Who's, or invented guys

Rolled 1 (1d10)

If the Primarch wills it

Polux commanded the fleet at Phall. The guys from HH1 are the loyalist commanders at Isstvan III. Bjorn was a regular line marine during the entire Heresy as we know it, and is only known for killing the daemon at Prospero and getting Russ out of his depression at Alaxes

This. It won't be until after the Scouring that Bjorn comes into his own. Parting of the Ways goes into detail about it.

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Aye, Lord.

Can someone post the pdf of First Heretic? I accidently deleted mine.

But is that the short or the long straw you've drawn?
>Perty forgets to tell his troops if they're killing the guy that gets a 1 or the guy that gets a 10 in each squad
>Not wanting to upset their primarch further, the legionaries just beat both to death
>Perty's face when his legion seemingly can't do basic maths

10 is the number of decimation, user. So far no 10 has been drawn.

Just find someone to swap with, there are plenty of people out there who prefer phobos to tigrus so you shouldn't have trouble.

The important question is, did perturabo include himself in the draw or did he pussy out.

is Golg any good?

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Naturally I will never ask my legion to do something I would not do myself.

Cheapish, some good rules and gear, effectively give you two rites.

He's pretty good, not a warsmith so you'll need a siege Breaker to run the hammer

He exists to combine Termiewing with another RoW. He's a regular Prateor that exchanges one attack for his squad gaining HoW, and one Ld for his army to use his Ld9.
He's best used along allied Butchers

>hordes of Marines swarm perty while his AP2 Fists smash them to bits.
Like a strongman fighting toddlers

Thx, not a problem, I was planning golg+siege+MoS for HoO

Thx for the info, but I'm heading to HoO so no allies I'm afraid

Wait, Golg has Cataphractii in his wargear, yet his picture looks like that of Tartaros?

I thought that at first, but you can see the termie hood is inside a Cataphractii box

Heading to a 30k events day on Sunday. Prepare for battle reports.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

This may be a waste of valuable resources, my lord