What's the biggest secret any of your PCs have kept from the rest of the party?

What's the biggest secret any of your PCs have kept from the rest of the party?

That he wasn't a real elf. Just an elfish impersonator.

I came in here to post about a party member who was keeping it a secret that he was an elf.

Mostly my body count, or my contingency plans to kill them all if it becomes necessary, but im pretty sure that's part for the course. Nothing really special about that. Killed royalty once without the party knowing, that was fun.

Well found this table on here that you rolled for your character's fetish and the party all announced there's while I didn't announce my character's love for gender bending/androgynous women. The same character also managed to go the entire game without telling any of the PC's that the Bard's real name which he's embarrassed of.

That he was really an ape of a man who carried a blade near his stomach.

Don't worry, user. I got it.

Oh, hah. Clever git.

Not me, but my friend is currently keeping the fact that he sold our cleric's soul to a demon, has an artifact of vast unholy potential hidden away, and is working for a demon from the rest of our party. Only myself and the DM know OOCly, and I only know because I was in the room when he sold my cleric's soul, albeit my character was unconscious.

My character caused 2nd impact.

That he (the Autumn Knight), and the King of Autumn are both Loyalists.

Eh, not bad. I do tend to see secret loyalists in positions of power in changeling a lot though.

You crazy old crippled cyclops son of a bitch.

Usually my characters all have at least one secret.

My Shadowrun street sam used to do wetwork for Shiawase, specifically murdering a lot of innocent people who got in the corp's way. It wasn't something he hid exactly, he was just very ashamed and didn't bring it up until it became unavoidable.

My exiled barbarian wasn't actually exiled because of an "affair of honor". He was exiled because he was a coward who ran from battle.

My Rogue Trader has an inoperable terminal illness. He's desperately seeking a vast quantity of H'rud Panacea because of this.
the twist is that he intends to sell it, make the rest of the crew stinking rich, and clear out his debts so that when his daughter inherits from him she'll have a clean slate to become the sort of hero he knows she's destined to be

She's a changeling.

My party thinks the high elf wizard I play is a man when she's really a woman with 5 charisma.

Its like the positions of power provide some sort of security.

The other player and I earned that shit though, we lied through our teeth under Sight of Truth and Lies and didn't get caught.

The party warlock stole a macguffin and betrayed the party fighter to save her sister from her warlock patron who held the girl captive.
Out of character, everyone in the party knows this.
The Fighter later showed up alive with no explanation, looking a bit grim and tired. That's when he officially left the party, as did his NPC wife.
He was later killed in a revolution he helped wage against a slave-holding nation one of the other former PCs was opposed to.
The party fighter had made a deal with a devil and slaughtered his nation's high council save for a few he spared by banishing.
He then took command of his home nation and used it to wage war, generating worship of his patron.
He commanded his subjects not to tell his allies any of this so that he wouldn't have to fight them.
Eventually he became the BBEG of another campaign and was killed after being possessed by his patron.
None of the party ever asked anything about how he survived, so he didn't lie about anything.
All they know is that he died in a war against the other nation and they bought his weapons from a pawn dealer who got them from a mysterious salesman.

Point. I mean it makes sense, to a degree, though that also depends on how your storyteller runs it. Technically in the source book it says in many cases you can't join a freehold, or hold a position in it, without swearing binding oaths. They tend to include things like don't help the true fae. But honestly I find pledges and oneiromancy to be criminally underused in changeling games. So much potential.

Also, how the fuck did you get away with that?

I was the BBEG. My GM was okay with it.

If all he wants is money then why would he be specifically after the panacea

My warlock holds himself out as a cleric, which is a paper thin facade, but the paladin of all people hasn't figured it out yet. The kicker is that his patron is pic related and he has a small but growing cult of followers that was meeting in our underground stronghold. The wizard and fighter relegated that to a house that used to belong to our now dead rival band adventurers, but have basically greenlighted me to do whatever I want with it. I'm thinking of turning it into an orphanage or women's shelter.

Big mean gruff mercenary, money grubbing as all hell and has outright tossed a weak kneed coward to the dogs to save the rest of the group.

Frequently sends home most of his earnings to fund the orphanage he grew up in, so the kids don't have to grow up to live like him.

Dragged the party on a hunt to bring down a bastard who apparently "stole money from him" when it was the messenger who took the money and ran.

He sends money through the banks now.

That my warlocks mystic artifact had trapped us all inside a pocket dimension(they just thought a teleport spell had accidentally sent us to a far off land) for its own amusement, and the only way to escape was by causing maximum chaos.
Unfortunately life kicked the GMs ass before we could finish but I had managed to start a small civil war and make half the party insane before it all fell apart. All hail chaos!

Meh. The Panacea is really rare I guess? I dunno. It just seemed fun.
Plus, if the crew finds out he's sick it'll throw them off his scent. They really like him.
Well, they sort of like him.
Some of them think he's alright I guess. The point is most of them would try to find a cure, rather than help him secure his legacy.

The King made a deal at the Market to get his memories turned into a trifle which gave him his memories back when he drank them. So when they questioned him, he had no idea that he was a Loyalist.

When they questioned me, the character had no idea what a Loyalist was. They defined the term in a way that I was not lying when I said that I wasn't what they were asking about.

Also, only the King swore to the Freehold, I've only sworn to the King. He avoids triggering the Freehold pledge's sanctions by really not wanting to help the True Fae, and actively seeking a way out of his situation.

I loved Arcadia, and occasionally want to go back. However, my Mistress has assigned me a mission, so I shall see it through. God his character hates my character.

Oh that's fun. Well played you magnificent bastard.

That she was a shapeshifter, and the same party member they abandoned to die.

Aaayyy!

I wish I could accept your praise, but I lucked out. If they had just left Loyalist as "Someone who serves the True Fae" I'd have been done right there. But they tacked on some bit about being forced to do it, so I was in the clear. If they had tried Wits+Empathy on me I would've been screwed.

>Party enters dungeon
>fucking zombies everywhere
>Level 1 is a harsh mistress
>"Cleric-user! Quick! Use your radiant magic!"
>"Nah. I'm good."
>"...What?"
>"Yeah, God wants me to keep using the bow."
>"B-but that fucking retarded! Use your goddamn abilities you...DID YOU JUST DO EXTRA DAMAGE WITH THE BOW??!!"
>"Yeah. It's...like a smite dealie. No problem, right?"

And that was how one That Guy playing a Rogue got everyone else eaten by zombies.

Pic related: Sorcerer-user's exact level of Rage.

Killed some NPC's whose camp we were in and it was all blamed on some BBEG skeleton who had just risen and was trying to collect his super special armor.

Funniest thing is I was playing the Pathfinder equivalent to a psychic vampire and I killed some dude to heal a party member and they didn't even notice even when the DM said the energy used to kill the guy was, "Vampiric in nature, like the life energy was funneled into someone else."

for a surprisingly long time my tech preist managed to hide that he was corrupted and quickly turning full dark mechanicus from the rest of my dark heresy party.

I'm fucking the Bard's girl on the side.

during a 3.5 campaign i played an ogre barbarian with a 14 int and a 16 wis. he would act like an idiot just so people would underestimate his intelligence.

this went on for 8 straight sessions to the point where half the party treated my character like he was a child with special needs.

I want to say it's been at least 20 sessions, but I'm not entirely sure as our group has lost and gained players.

Classic hiding gender/race from the party (with some actual story reasons, kinda!), we all know how that song and dance goes.
>Still amazed the party rogue hasn't tried to remove her helmet/armor and stuff in her sleep
>or he did and is keeping this a secret...

She roofied their drinks with her sleeping medication hours before the siege.
The reason they are all in a holding cell for now rather then riddled with bullets and having their replacements going through the once again erasing their collective existence before their entire lives are covered up is because she's the only one among them who's a coward.

That she was an illiterate peasant.

Being a powerful sorcceress with the forces of chaos and madness at your beck and call is pretty distracting from your origins, especially when you take skills like profession seamstress and craft clothier to make sure your clothing looks fairly nice and interesting.

Also, being able to melt someone's face off if they make fun of you helps.

He's a shapeshifter in the style of the thing and has been biding his time until he can infect the rest of the party, and take over the base.

Horror games are fun.

She has never killed a single person intentionally.
She has tortured, maimed and irreparably crippled many but never has she taken a life intentionally.

When she's been caught in shoot-outs fighting for her life, she's always aimed away, to buy her time and distractions. If she wasn't busy trying to stop her friends from bleeding out already.

Every time someone has died under her watch it's affected her greatly, further driving her towards a complete psychotic breakdown.

To bad her friends are serial killers and text-book sociopaths. Her teddy bear provides more warmth.

She's actually a gold dragon that is disguised as a dragonborn because her disguise skill is mediocre but damn it can she bring the SMITE.

He was cyrist spy in a forgotten realms game. The party was actively working against the Banite Zhentarim so technically they had the same goal. Unfortunately he got gored to death by a dire boar three sessions in and the party couldn't afford to get him resurrected.

The identity of the villain, in the hopes of redeeming him before the rest of the party found and killed him.

My last PC was a noble and a member of the guild of ghosts, the setting's human secret police. Never told anyone and a week after the game ended I was drinking with the GM and another player and the GM brought it up. Apparently I'm good at the secret part of secret agent.

His gender. They eventually defaulted to ''him'' after big debates of if I'm a man or woman.

That their group paladin wasn't a warforged, but a skeleton

>selling other people's souls
pretty sure it does not wok like this. If it did, then the BBEG would be the guy that first thought of selling other people's souls, and he sold literally every soul in existence for arbitrarily large amounts of power.

You can't sell shit unless it's your own soul.

That they were actually a Rakshasa infiltrator.

She had a child by another party member during a time skip during which they could not see each other, and never told him, so she could raise the child as she sees fit.

The poor kid's name is Penitence-before-Justice. He's going to have a rough childhood.

That I'm an agent for a foreign power. They all just think I'm evil because I'll occasionally act against the party's interests.

Currently, one party member is a vampire, and has actually been leading the other player (two player campaign, right now) around for his sinister plan to ascend to super-vampire-hood.

The nature deity I'm serving is actually a former god, now a demon, and I intend to sacrifice them all at our moment of triumph (when the veil between planes will be thin because of the BBEG's own plot) to drag him back into reality and restore him to godhood.

That he was a cleric of Zarus in a party of non human adventurers. He's even trying to convert them to humanity fuck yeah and is succeeding.

She's the daughter of the man who led a purge on my village.

That sounds pretty cool.
I've wanted to play a friendly Zarus worshiping character. He would see traces of humanity in his friends and use that to justify working with them.

WoD: Vampire - Tzimisce masquerading as Nosferatu. It was way too easy.

Sounds rad. Good luck with your betrayal!

I once played a binder in a 3.5 campaign, pretending to be a regular wizard. In a setting where pact magic was extradoublesuperheresy, and the party included a paladin and a church inquisitor.

I spent pretty much all my feat slots on being able to pull off the ruse. Took a feat to get UMD and Spellcraft as class skills, maxed out Sleight of Hand cross-class, took a couple more feats to UMD and Sleight of Hand more reliably, and took Quick Draw to be able to use wands without taking up my turn getting them out and putting them away. Basically, I mainly bound vestiges that gave spells or abilities that could be passed off as spells, and supplemented heavily with wands, scrolls, and a custom staff (made courtesy of the one vestige that gives crafting feats, I don't recall the name offhand), using Sleight of Hand to pass off the wands and scrolls as proper casting.

The inquisitor was the first to catch on, but astonishingly was receptive to my argument that no, really, it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. He actually agreed to help me keep the secret from the rest of the group, so long as I didn't do anything suspicious.

Then the inquisitor died shortly thereafter fighting a dragon, and my cover was blown wide open in the same fight. When next we returned to the capital city, the paladin reported me to her order, and I had to sneak out of the city alone to avoid capture. Then I had to hightail it to the edge of the kingdom where the king was leading the defense against the evil invaders, so I could beg the king for a special pardon to keep the church off my back until we finished our quest to save the kingdom.

That it's actually his fault that seemingly every single fucking secret organization in Gaia is after their asses.

I was helping another player go to the ends of the earth to create a perfect body for his dead wife's soul that we intended to steal back from hades.

The secret was I had a ticking clock on my crippled, dieing warlock, rife with corruption cancer. I was planning to put my soul in it instead to get a new life in a nice, young body.

This was almost 4 years of a campaign telling the party I was just trying to help th with some nonsense of why I was around and redemption through charity blah blah. Not a single one questioned or checked my bags of notes, ect.

I doubt I'll succeed. It would be kind of unfair to, right?

> Just an elfish impersonator.

I don't get it

Secretly a member of the Kolat.
Just a dumb brute who didn't understand the finery of haiku but always felt the need to perform it. The amount of syllables I broke the format with related to a coded message.

All fun and games making fun of the backwoods bushi, but the party never figured out how the enemy was always a step ahead of us. They almost figured me out when my handler didn't want to give me a killing blow, but they found me a day later having been tortured and they lost suspicion.

It was kind of great. I wish I could've planted suspicion on someone else, or perform a brainwashing but what is Important is that I got away with it.

That the cambion she was hunting was her daughter.

>elvish impersonator
~elvis impersonator

The gnome that joined the party a few days ago is actually a spy, sent by the high elves to keep an eye on the goliath barbarian in the party, as he's a prince and the countries share a border.
He's supposed to watch him and report whether he thinks he's gonna make a competent ruler

How, user? Did you steal a page of the Necronomicon from the Steiners or something?

Playing a Final Fantasy campaign. Our main objective is to rescue a king that got kidnapped by an enemy nation.

My Red Mage tried to make a shady deal with a local politician for more military funding. The deal was to kill the king when we found him. Red Mage figured "I'll pull some bullshit to get out of it, like advise the king to go into hiding for a bit while we root out any agents of the enemy nation while I tell the politician he's dead".

Turns out the politician fucking put a curse on my Red Mage so that he's bound to the contract, and forced to kill the king once he finds him.

None of the other party members know of this, in fact part of the curse is being unable to speak of it or the deal we made. Lord knows what Hell is going to break loose once we finally find the king.

He was a Chaos Space Marine

He sold his soul to Asmodeus(ie, Fantasy Satan) and was going to betray the party when they found what they were looking for.

>"Real world people sucked into fantasy land" game
>trying to find way out
>I die
>Resurrected by infernal magic
>Promise Asmodeus I'll bring him the secret to get to my world when we find it, giving him access to billions of souls uncontested

I reasoned when we got back, either he'd get there, take over, and I'd be in a good spot for an easy life from there.
Or the DM would pull the "magic doesn't work in the real world", and Asmodeus would be defeated by the US military, and with the way back closed, I'd get out of having to owe him jackshit.

In the setting anyone who has a proper holy object can perform divine magic, just like regular clerics who are empowered by being faithful and devout. My character is pretending to be a cleric of a god he doesn't worship while hiding the fact that all his power really comes from a stolen medallion made from the bone of a saint.

>>"Real world people sucked into fantasy land" game
ugh

the campaign was centered around the macguffin. my pc's secret goal was to eat said macguffin instead of whatever the fuck admirable task the rest of those dickheads in the party wanted to do with it. he stayed civil enough to succeed in doing so at the very end while they were all off actually fighting the thing that protected it

It wasn't that bad. We developed fantasy magic powers when we got there, so it's not like we were stuck being 3.5 martial characters the entire time

After single handedly slaughtering all his opposition he has had a monopoly on large-scale meth production on the continent the campaign is centered on.
He may also have thrown his empire away so the party can save the world.

I placed a feather token of tree in the rouge while I was preforming surgery on her after the cleric ran out of heal spells and asked me to sew her up. Now any time she's about to do something stupid or screw the party over (which she used to do a lot) I tell her "It's a nice day for gardening" which is code for
I'm going to make a redwood grow out of your chest". The Wizard and the cleric still don't know. Just me, the rouge, and the DM

I'm currently playing a pacifist surgeon forcibly turned combat medic. The character is pretty much built as a breakdown waiting to happen, and I can't wait for him to finally be pushed over the edge.

He ate grandfathers corpse to attach his spirit to him, as per his tribes tradition

Player of mine found out about a future demon invasion in our Pathfinder campaign. He started derailing the campaign into the party forging their own kingdom to stand a chance. The guy hasn't told any of the other players why they need a kingdom, just that it's a 'good idea'.

Pretty sure there is no such thing in 40k for people rich enough to have their own spaceships. Admech replace fucking everything, after all.

that aliens have contacted the leaders of the solar system, including this PC who was a captain of industry on Earth, and started organizing all sorts of Illuminati-status bullshit.

They revealed this to the PCs pretty decently after this bullshit had started wrecking shit for a lot of people.

I'm not actually a Barbarian beserker, just a barbaric fighter.

And when I go "Berserk" I'm actually slowly losing control to possession by a nameless spiritual parasite.

And that the people and enemies I've fought while "Berserk" that survive the combat become infected too.

So hopefully I manage to resolve my quest of killing myself by using whatever it is the BBEG used to kill the god of the land so that the parasite dies with me as its main host instead of just passing on down to the people it's infected and now has a connection to.

I play him as either very cautious and fight with bows when not berserking.

Everyone thinks I was banished from my tribe because I am a coward.

Well, the last time my group ran an Age of Rebellion campaign, I ended up playing the Star Wars equivalent of Huey Emmerich.

If you've played MGSV, you know what I'm talking about. I don't usually play evil characters, but damn, that was fun.

Huey was a good guy, though. He was just a scapegoat

That my Paladin was a loving wife and mother to two kids. Everyone assumed I was chaste warrior at 24. I have a 6 year old daughter. And a loving husband who works as an Artificier.

I play an amnesiac in one game. Out of character, everyone knows. In character, only she does.

He's illiterate, and in some kind of trouble with the criminal underworld of the main city of the setting. Haven't decided exactly what the trouble is, presumably stealing some shit from someone fairly high up in a gang.
They're about to head back to the city, so we might need to deal with that soon.

There could just be some convoluted circumstance he's just not telling us

From which SR is that?

my character is secretly in love with literally all the females of the party, who are all tieflings. one of them was part of the tiefling crew that slaughtered her village. how did this happen.

She has a penis.

My characters powers come from an imprisoned god of anger and hatred.

>Huey was a good guy, though

Huey was a spineless piece of shit that refused to stand up for what he believed in and chose to cower behind false assumptions of moral superiority when he really didn't have a leg to stand on.

>Non-canon-chan as based as always.

I'm mad at you

She's canon in my heart.

>Dark Heresy
>Out of nowhere an inquisitorial hit-squad of sorts is pursuing the party
>Spend so much time theorizing why we've been forsaken, have we been framed? Has the Inquisitor been corrupted by Chaos? Have we been warp-tainted and didn't realize it?
>Eventually get our shit stomped all over the place by agents of the Inquisition
>Before executing us, said agents reveal why they've been chasing us
>MFW it was because the chaotic stupid rogue took a shit on the Inquisitor's desk and never told anybody