/wg/ - Weaver Dice/Worm General #4: tfw no good pictures of blasto edition

Last time on /wg/: Welcome to the Wormverse, where everything gets worse. Additionally, people get superpowers by having the worst day of their lives, and then it somehow gets worse for them.
Yeah, things are bad here on Earth Bet.

If you want to read original story, Worm:
parahumans.wordpress.com/

If you're lazy and want to listen to the story, they've got an audiobook here:
audioworm.rein-online.org/

If you're looking for the game built by the author, Weaver Dice:
docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit

Enjoy your stay here...until a Cape ruins everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=capes of rain city quest
fanfiction.net/s/11060530/1/Mr-John-s-Storybook
forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/angushs-attempts-at-alleviating-awfulness-worm-oneshots-snippets.3280/
rpnation.com/rp/260-tinker-quest/
docs.google.com/document/d/1_glfQsPjDklbeZatO1Gsr5I3VNnGmESNUU2P28jL1x4/edit#heading=h.hxd67kdyilx
forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/heaven-and-hell-worm.3793/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blasto did nothing wrong except steal our hearts.

Everything gets worse:
the novel

I am kind of afraid of even seeing Blasto fanart because I imagine his skin mask to look creepy as fuck, other than that he was definitely in the top 5 for most based Tinkers.

"everything was shit then got more shit, couldn't get any worse could it ? and here comes a cape"

Blaster 7, Mover 3, Brute 5. Triggered when he was told he would be KILL BY DEMONS

more like most based tinker, no one else was fucking with endbringers and certainly not cloning them.

I know quests are controversial here sometimes, but some of you like them and they are big on the sb/sv/qq community where worm is also big.

Any good worm quests that you're reading/would recommend?

I BET CAULDRON DID THIS

capes of rain city on the quest board and on spacebattles there is the quests wildbow ran that i think are possibly cannon as well.

always cauldron those damn rascals.

There was a very popular one on here called capes of rain city, I haven't read it yet but it gets mentioned a lot.
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=capes of rain city quest

Seems to be on a hiatus right now because the creator had an accident, but AFAIK he is going to go back at it any soon-ish.

Should Worm start as a live action TV series, an animated TV series, a live action movie, or an animated series?

How would each one do? What will ruin each one?

I'm pretty sure his fungi mask just makes him look like a different person.

Enjoyed every part of it. Monotreme is a treat, too.

Way too long to be a movie, it needs to be a series of sorts. Also I think Wildbow was in some negotiations about a TV deal though it is unclear whether or not something came out of it, he said that chances were kind of low.

hope i don't fuck this up.

>Own bookstore with my son
> not the best but quaint nice little store
>one day businesses as usual then we both here a large bang
>capes come running into the store to escape from the prt
> "oh, please no!"
>one of them is literally a black hole
>prt comes in and starts blasting fire and lighting
> chase them out
>"thank god they're gone
> get shitty payout from prt,doesn't come close to covering losses
> thanks earth bet

Too long for a movie, the crazy deep lore might be a pain with visual mediums.

Thinker 2-3:

>blaster 7
Capes who can bring down buildings would have a lower ratings then that.
>Brute 5

Glory girl is a brute 6 and she can throw cars at an endbringer.

Looks like we're giving out prt ratings now...

Here's a question. How would you stat someone like Moon Knight?
His trigger is pretty obvious, being left to die by his merc team, but as far as stats go?
Something along the lines of?
Thinker 2
Tinker 4
Stranger 2

I wish I could remember if he should have a low level brute ranking in there too.

>Walking home to my family
>Suddenly a mass of bugs flies down my street and get everywhere
>Cleaning bug guts out of my suit for a week
>Thanks Earth Bet

I reckon the best mediums would be a comic, a tv show or animated series. with either of those you can really flesh out the world in a way you just can't with movies.

>no one maimed
>no one killed
>no horrible life ruining secrets revealed
>you didnt even beat, neglect, or molest your son

sounds more like earth aleph.

moon knight has sometimes had super strength in varying in some runs and had the moon phases make him stronger as well so theres that.

>implying Skitter would let any bugs splat you
PERFECT MULTITASKING

Can't decide between TV series or a metric fuckton of movies. Thing is, it has to be live action because I think The Killing Joke singlehandledly murdered the animated heroes scene for years to come.

I lean towards the movies, if only to troll the Young Adult fanbase.

>bring down buildings
Who says Doomguy can't do that?

>Brute
Not because he's strong (which he is, but I don't know if he's strong enough for a Striker rating) but because of his resilience and stamina.

Yeah, he would have a low level Brute/Mover package, that varies based on the moon cycle. And him being a Tinker is a more recent introduction, but fits the trigger.

I'm not sure how to rate the resistance to psychic bullshit due to multiple personalities, probably rolled into the Thinker.

So how could Taylor's shard manifest as other power classifications?

>Master
Rather obvious, I think. Khepri-lite.
>Tinker
Mind-control items?
>Brute
Small-item telekinesis with short range, sorta like Mush but less "pile of trash around cape" and more "Taylor-shaped cloud of TK'd gravel"?
>Blaster
Control of paths of projectiles inside radius?

>walking home from groceries with my daughter
> get home and notice people in my lounge-room
> the slaughterhouse 9 all crammed in the room
>bonesaw makes me and my daughter play games constantly
> daughter loves it
>threatens to make her into a puppet if i don't enjoy games
>this is the second time this month this has happened
>thanks earth bet

>This happens a third time (maybe even fourth, fifth etc.)
>Mother triggers
What would come out of it? Tinker or Thinker?

probably Trump

tinker, trump me thinks.

>yfw you will never blaze hitherto unknown dank weed with Blasto while he cooks you both up a botanical waifu

while making the meanest salad of your life that can taste like anything,truly the best character.

I will forgive Bonesaw for a lot, but not what she did to him. He was too pure for this world.

First thing that came to mind with playing games was video game consoles

>father, daughter and the S9 actually enjoying themselves some Mario Party
>Mother is in the back glaring
>"What's the matter ma'am? You want to play next?
>"NO! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE GAMES YOU'RE PLAYING! JUST GO AND RUIN SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE"
>Jack just winks
>storms out the room and locks self in her room
>opens up her desktop to play WoW or some other big MMO
>all her files are replaced with level 1 knockoffs named after the S9 and her family
>triggers
>thanks earth bet

>implying their names aren't already taken
You just know Jack Slash is a Blood Elf

yea that shit was whack.

> Mother comes out freaking out
> thinks she can take the s9
> whole s9 act like they can't attack or defend themselves and just scatter all over the house
> father and daughter have to fight her off
> fight her off but accidentally kill her
> farther looks over at tv
> triggers, because he saw he lost on mario party

>reinstalls WoT
>logs in with MY account
>makes me look at the MM screen
>trigger

>go back to garage
>he sold my premium and reward tanks and spent all my gold on gold rounds
>second trigger

How would this guy be classified? Just straight up brute 10/mover 10?

Brute Mover Striker 12+, which is the maximum ratings can go, only reserved for beings like the Endbringers, Scion and Eidolon.

Whether Legend is a Mover 12+ is debatable.

>not getting the joke that ranking him is pointless
>me falling for the bait of you pretending to not know that
This triggers me, what power do I get?

Your pretty good at every task you don't wanna do and you feel a really strong needs to do thing's you don't want to do and get a migraine if you don't do too many.

Shit, at least I won't fail on my nofap.

That being something you thought of alone shows that you will use this power wisely and well.

>can't kill the mosquito

I always had this stupid theory, or honestly a question, on why can't he kill the mosquito. This goes against topic in Worm so I'll turn it into a Worm question:

What if Brute X, Mover X were just sub powers to another classification that no one know's of? What if killing innocent or non-sapient entities goes against his shard's rule to make him so powerful and no one even knows it?

I'd personally consider her actual power damn close to Shaker as far as PRT classification goes.

Trump powers are an easy extension for Queen Administrator, it's just telling another shard what to do which is it's actual job as a shard. Since it's a natural trigger it'd be restricted to all hell of course.

Lots of Thinker powers available, many of them would be Thinker/Trump in that they relate to other capes. Like understanding people's powers, or a copy of Jack Slash's actual power, Cape Empathy. Or something more along the lines of Accord, large scale Thinkering, probably focused on making people cooperate, making organizations more efficient, streamlining things. Or being able to steal/use other peoples or thing's senses.

I'd prefer not to go for anything telekinetic for QA, it feels iffy. So I can't thinks of good Brute/Blaster/Mover/Striker ones, and it isn't a Tinker shard.

They'd start by assigning him a decent Brute rating, or Striker depending on what their theory on him is, and smaller Mover rating if he displays much. Like Brute 4/Striker 4 Mover 2 after he goes jogging and takes out some small fry. Then later the biggest baddest villain in the town interrupts his lunch and after a public beatdown he's Brute 8/Mover 6. Then an Endbringer visits town and he's labelled Brute YES, Mover, 10.

I had a thought. Maybe he has a trump power that lets his power scale to be able to one shot whoever he's facing.

QA coulda been anything except straight up enhancement Brute I reckon, like most shards it can do just about anything. The Entities probably give them all different restrictions and base functions every cycle.

Create a trigger for this power:
Striker with the ability to release napalm from their hands. An example would be running his hand against a wall and leaving napalm all across it, he is not immune either.

Dad keeps burning you with his ciggies, one day he gets drunk/high/bold enough to burn you somewhere visible. Think face, and you like your face. Can't let him, not this time. Trigger and slap his oncoming hand away, fwoosh.

that's a pretty good one, that dickhead would be getting fucked up.

I suppose, but TK still feels like a bit of a cop-out to me, it's justifiable but it doesn't really hit how I personally think Queen Admin should feel as a power. And classifications outside of Master, Thinker, and Trump should have aspects of at least one of those in there.

For Tinker QA I'd probably go for a Trump Tinker, inspired to be able to counter specific capes, or maybe inspired by nearby tinkers. But a Synergy/Teamwork-based Tinker might be interesting, and would work well for Taylor since her Dad is part of the dock workers.

The weird part about this power is that you aren't immune to it. It feels a lot like a pretty cheapo Cauldron vial.

create a power for this trigger:

Walking in the city one day you get hit by a mobsters car and for some reason or other he thinks you are dead. So he wraps you up and throws you into a swamp full of alligators and then you nearly get attacked by one and trigger.

it's supposed to be a really low level power that the character has to work around, at least to me.

A Worm thread, eh? So, uh... is this the place to ask for smut fic recs? Some f/f, maybe with Panacea or Tattletale?

theres a good one out there with taylor/sophia and some regent/imp stuff don't know what its called though

>taylor/sophia
She always goes for the ones with dark sk- I mean powers. Powers that have to do with darkness. You know, those dark capes.

i hate em and they stink, e88 rules tho.

>taylor/sophia
OTP
If you happen to remember please do tell.

here ye go big guy fanfiction.net/s/11060530/1/Mr-John-s-Storybook ,

It's suited to Brute effects, but depending on additional details and the person in question I could totally see a Shaker or Striker effect depending if you're worried more about being in a swamp of alligators, or the one individual alligator thinking your leg looks rather tasty.

My take on it is, you're still in a lot of pain from being hit by a car, wrapped up in a rug and drifting in and out of consciousness. Your vision is partially blocked, but you can still see birds, frogs, insects, small snakes slithering around, the buzz of mosquitos is all around, you can smell how full of life this place is, and then you start hearing things coming through the water and you know the gator are coming.

You trigger as a Brute/Shaker with a low-level Anti-Life aura that weakens and eventually kills organic things in its range, adding their strength to yours ramping up the Brute portion the more is being absorbed.

This is pretty neat, nice work. I am assuming that if nothing has been absorbed for a while the Brute effect starts dwindlind. Is the aura permanently on and the person in question has to be careful if they want to be near people or would that maybe seem like too big of a downside?

For the first part, yeah, maybe with a sort-of reservoir. You've got a baseline durability/strength increase, and can expend energy to ramp it up or regenerate wounds. Once it's full you can't store any more, but you can always directly turn absorbed life into super-strength even if any excess is just discarded.

I'd put the aura as always on, because I'm a bit of a dick, but it can be dialed down to the level where people around him just get sick more often, wounds heal slowly, and if he has a picnic the grass won't look that good by the end.

Trump 12.

Think about it. His main characteristic is that he's better than you. You're strong and fast? He's stronger and faster. You can take a ton of punishment? He can take more.

He's probably got some innate Brute and Mover power too, since he goes up against non-powered people, but his main classification should be Trump.

Trigger event:

The only thing you have left in the world are your friends, they have been more of family to you than your blood relatives and it has been like that since your teens. One night your group decided to go out drinking but you declined wanting to stay home once, only a few hours later comes a call from the hospital that they have been in a car accident. You rush to the hospital and to your luck find out that they all survived, even if injured.
From here on it was downhill, it started slowly as they seemed more distant towards you. You start suspecting that they are going out without you but they dodge every question you ask. As you getting ignored is getting more blatant and even your girfriend unformally breaks up and seems to be together with one of your friends in the group now you start breaking down. After a few months you decide to secretly follow and confront them for leaving you behind when you get attacked by some thugs from a local gang. They manage to rough you up before some heroes arrive and save you, you are thankful at first but as the heroes start reacting in a weird manner to you, you see that based on body type and mannerism they all seem awfully familar.
As realization sets in you trigger.

That's not how Trump works, he doesn't get new powers, grant powers or interfere with the powers of others. He's only always infinitely strong/durable, and nothing else.

Why would realising all your friends are heroes now be the worst day of your life enough to make you trigger?

there's a dude on quesitonable questing with some good taylor/lisa and taylor/amy stuff, and a bunch of other things too. forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/angushs-attempts-at-alleviating-awfulness-worm-oneshots-snippets.3280/

super vanilla. oops and immaculate were pretty good in particular. i think they're both on archive of our own too. not sure about the rest tho.

Alright, we all agree that Dragon is best girl right?

No.

move over

Yes. Ciara is a close second.

Dragon is best girl, Bonesaw is best daughter. Bitch is a good girl and is fine just the way she is.

Absolutely.

Some dude is running a kinda slow one over here about a genetics tinker: rpnation.com/rp/260-tinker-quest/

It's okay, but I'm kinda wishing he'd just hurry the fuck up.

Does Worm even have a chance of being successful after it gets an official release?

who knows? We might be hitting market capeshit saturation with all the stuff marvel and dc churn out

A chance, sure. It already has a readerbase and community.

Alright, so I'm kind of confused. Is there a conflict-resolution system for Weaver Dice? Because I'm having trouble seeing it... maybe it's somewhere under these character creation rules that I'm just not seeing?

>implying that conflict can ever be resolved
>implying shards won't fuck their host up to continue it

Wow, Weaver Dice's game design has some serious postmodern shit

By "conflict resolution" do you mean "Punching each other in the face?"
docs.google.com/document/d/1_glfQsPjDklbeZatO1Gsr5I3VNnGmESNUU2P28jL1x4/edit#heading=h.hxd67kdyilx

btw - Wildbow posted a WeaverDice update yesterday, there's finally armour rules! Now with 4% less sudden death!

Worm already has more of a fanbase than most genre fiction, despite being a a first draft and a cult work that can only be found online via word of mouth. If you check Goodreads, it already has thousands of overwhelmingly positive reviews there.

Worm, as a world, has a spark the likes of which I haven't seen since Harry Potter. If Wildbow can polish the work into one of genuine quality, Worm is poised to be very successful in the mainstream, with a bit of luck.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1_glfQsPjDklbeZatO1Gsr5I3VNnGmESNUU2P28jL1x4/edit#heading=h.hxd67kdyilx

I mean, yes. I'll look at this when I get the chance. Thank you!

>forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/angushs-attempts-at-alleviating-awfulness-worm-oneshots-snippets.3280/
Appears dead.

I only ever hear of people having played Weaver Dice in 1 on 1 sessions orginized on the IRC channel, does anyone here have experience with running or having played proper Worm games with multiple player characters?

IRL I have. It's overall really fun as long as you follow some of the pointers for character creation then use houserules to shore up unfinished portions. Also never running Tinkers as it says to in the book.

With multiple people it works fine, the ones I had were focused on parahumans in the Protectorate and a gang brought together by a mysterious benefactor to hunt down dangerous capes. It works well as long as there's a good reason for them to be in a group.

mfw cauldron was right

Who was best dad? Sad Dad? Prison Dad? Murder Dad? Gay Dad?

Probably prison dad. The Marquis had integrity, and they only took him down because he handicapped himself.

Mouse Protector is best, Dragon is second.

Gay dad, because he's one of the least awful characters in the setting.

Dr. Light Dad

He's a pretty sweet dad, but he didn't even try to raise his kids.

That's hardly his fault.

Who?

Richter

I mean even before he died.

Gay Dad > Prison Dad > Union Dad > Hitler Dad

Heaven and Hell on qq is good, if you like off putting not-quite-mind-control stuff.

forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/heaven-and-hell-worm.3793/

P.S. Madison is best girl.