Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How are monstrous race PCs treated in towns and cities in your games? As if they were terrifying monsters, or yet another bunch of weird creatures passing through? How much does this cast spotlight on them? And would you allow/play anything as monstrous as pic related?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=928455
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you OP

What kind of weird-ass pics are you using for your threads OP

docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing

I've been tinkering with the Magical Tail feats to try to make them better/make them work with the new subraces.

Comments are highly appreciated, especially about the subrace spell lists, as this is a first draft.

Sorry for the reposting but I'm trying to get enough feedback to tinker with it and properly evaluate if it's over/undertuned.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=928455
What do you think of my character?

>You gain first level abilities at 1st level, second level abilities at 5th level, third level abilities at 8th level, fourth level abilities at 11th level and 5th level abilities at 14th level.

Weird level progression with nothing past 14? Nah.

Why do kumiho get shitty touch spells they will never use?

So is this guy one person or multiple people at this point.

Because I feel like this fucker would need to be waiting almost 24/7 constantly F5ing to post this bullshit.

Will we ever have a Dex/Int kitsune outside of that kemonomimi book?

Why would there be a spell called Fox's Cunning that raised Intelligence if foxes weren't smart?

The progression is 'One slower than a bard' for stuff past first level and I was very hesitant to push them to getting 6th level SLAs as the original one never got past 5th level spells (But it could be expanded to that if people think it's too weak)

The Kumiho got spells I believed would work in the role of 'Cannibalistic ambush predators'. That's why they get the ability to rip out people's life with a touch and two spells that are very good for keeping victims quiet.

Do you think some other spells would be better for them?

Making a 10th level cohort using the leadership feat. I rolled 17, 17, 15, 14, 11 and 10 as their stats before racial modifiers (yeah I know I'm lucky, he's significantly better than the PC he's following).
I was thinking of making either an Oracle or a Bard because I want them to have high Charisma for RP reasons.
Currently the party consists of a Fighter, a Sorcerer and a Blood Rager (which is me), with one more player who hasn't made his character because he's been too busy.
We are only allowed first party content, but any first party stuff on d20pfsrd is ok.
I just want to ask whether the Bard is worthwhile. Flavour wise it fits my character pretty well, however it seems pretty average at everything other than being a skill monkey. Bardic performance is good and all, but inspire courage seems like the only worthwhile one (potential exception for inspire greatness, but given it requires allies to be able to see the bard, it seems less useful given he's probably going to be standing behind the party all the time). Build guides also suggest that you make a bard somewhat inclined to ranged or melee combat, and the fact that their spells only go up to level 6 seems pretty shitty. So am I just a retard who doesn't understand the bard, or is should I take Oracle instead?
Any other advice related to cohorts would be greatly appreciated too.

TL;DR does Bard suck? What's a good build for a lvl 10 cohort?

qt. QT!

sauce

make your own, fampai

I guess that with unchained barbarian going 1 level dip into lame oracle is ñnt worthwile anymore, does it?

Not if you're playing unchained Barbarian. If you're playing Blood Rager it's still worth it, although I prefer flawed scarlet and green Ioun stone and internal fortitude for rage cycling. This isn't as useful if you don't have a shit load of rage rounds per day, because you could run out and end up sickened for part of your combat. At the level that you can get internal fortitude you should probably have enough rage rounds though.

I have a couple stupid questions about Psionics if someone can help, mainly with Aegis. I should really just post my questions here instead of Paizo forums in the first place. I'm taking a 2 level dip into Aegis.

1) As an Aegis,if I have Astral Skin with Brawn and another customization, then switch over to Astral Armor, do I have Brawn twice, or once? Astral Armor gets Brawn for free, but Brawn says I need to be level 5 before I can pick it up a second time.

2) Does improved damage do anything to unarmed strikes of gauntlet damage?

3) My power points for a 16 int character are 2.5 at Aegis level 1 and Aegis level 2. Is there anything other than the Harness Shard or Power Stone Repository that can I can use Power Points on as an Aegis/Non-psionics class.

4) Astral Skin says it works as Psychoactive Skins. Does this mean I get one of the skin bonuses? Can I have the Psychic Warrior in our party eventually add one of the skin bonuses to my Astral Skin?

The problem is that there isn't a magic item market per se in our game, so the chances of getting a stone are next to 0

In that case you should stick with the Oracle dip, but it sounds like you've already gone with Unchained Barbarian, so there's no point.

Just make the thread before he can, it's not hard.

Fuck you OP.

Not really, unchained is the default I our game, but I think I can convince my GM to let me use old barb

Yeah you should do that if you can. Any reason for not going primalist bloodrager? It's essentially better than the vanilla Barbarian in every way.

Well maybe not 'every' way, but it has spells and the bloodlines (by which I mean like 2 of them) give really good buffs. Plus you have spells, and if you don't like your bloodline powers you can swap them out for rage powers.

What does /pfg/ think of Tomb of Horrors?

Is that the module where it's "Guess what I'm thinking or die?"

I want to play a high-level Entropomancer who goes to it and steals the sphere.

Otherwise, ech.

If that's the kind of game you want to run, then have at.

Personally, I'd rather just play Paranoia instead.

Will take a look

Can we just be honest and open for a second?

OP, you're being irritating purely for the sake of being irritating. Your pictures aren't that great, and they're largely off topic, and they're made even worse by the fact that you're doing it largely out of spite.

I don't get why you think that this is okay. Your pictures are terrible, and you always make your thread way too early just so you can get a bunch of people irritated by your lack of sense and taste.

I have no problem with anime or anime pictures, but you seem intent on just being the kind of weaboo that is irritating just because you lack self-awareness and don't care at all about other people, and that's why you really need to stop jumping the gun and making these threads before the old general even reaches its bump limit. In fact, in general, you should leave other people to make these threads, because they won't be doing it just out of some sick joy in being obnoxious.

Or, at the very least, use good pictures.

I find their jumping the gun much more annoying than the pictures, I can easily just scroll past them. I do hope this is the last time they make a thread though so that we can only have them when the thread passes the bump limit.

>OP, you're being irritating purely for the sake of being irritating.

Welcome to shitposting. He won't leave and no amount of reasoning will change that.

>lack self-awareness
Oh they know exactly what they're doing.

user, if you hate him why are you feeding him

Yannow, someone mentioned the Shattered star Sorshen clone trap last thread, and I'm curious about something. What would happen if someone's animal companion or familiar triggered the trap and failed their saves? Would they still be a companion/familiar or would the magic behind it all fuck something up? What companion creatures /can/ fail those particular saves? How would YOUR group handle a companion/familiar tripping it?

So I want to go Magus (probably Bladebound, hexcrafter of both depending on what my GM says), and I want to go Rime/Frostbite/Enforcer because my GM is afraid of big numbers in damage.

Two questions though, Once I cast frostbite with spellstrike do I have X "charges" where X is my magus level?. Any other nice cold spell in where use Rime spell? thanks.

>Afraid of big numbers
Your GM does realize that the magus is only about blasting out high numbers both on the physical and magical side of the spectrum, right?

>gm is afraid of big numbers
Your GM is an idiot
>Frostbite memes
I hope you never fight anythig immune to nonlethal or cold because you'll get screwed. Alternatively, ask your GM if you can just make it lethal damage somehow.
>Other nice cold spell
S N O W B A L L
Also I guess frigid touch is passable since staggered is ballin'.

You get a Sorshen clone familiar/companion with the mind of an animal.

You really suck OP.

The fun part is, that's probably a compliment to them...

Hey /pfg/. I don't think the positive/negative energy dichotomy makes sense. According to the FAQ: Positive heals the living or harms undead or both, negative heals undead or harms living or both. Yet the solar dragon deals positive energy to the living?

Fluff wise the distinction is worse. Positive and negative energy are opposing energy like fire and cold (though cold is the absence of heat). If positive energy is anathema to undead, why would they feed on life force? Positive energy and life force are more or less samey, so it makes as much sense as ice elementals eating fire elementals.

If you ditch the distinction and just make them into normal energy types completely separate from healing these inconsistencies go away, IMO.

What do you think?

Positive energy before that FAQ was exactly that. It only healed when it was specifically stated to do so.

I view it as: it only does the positive vs. negative clashing if it's used by a channeler, otherwise it just works as it's own energy type.

So you want to go the 4e Route?

I rather liked how they did that. They removed 'Negative' and 'Positive' and just had 'Radiant' and 'Necrotic' instead. Radiant opposed undead not due to life but due to the fact it was the element of the Astral Sea, which was fundamentally anti-undead.

For positive energy damage attacks it could be focusing on other elements to grow. Causing growth for infections, diseases, tumors and the like. For undead, you could possibly fluff it as "By violently taking away the life energy from others they cause it to break down and convert to its entropic form."

Like said, Frostbite combo is a meme since it doesn't work on things that are immune to non-lethal, resistant to cold or immune to fear effects. That's a ptetty big population of the bestiary for your "thing" to not work on. And to do that it takes 2 feats, a trait, and possibly a weapon enchantment for cruel.

Just go Improved shocking grasp with a scimitar. Dex based if you are starting at low-level and likely won't reach high levels. Str if starting at like level 5 or higher.

Warmth is good.

Getting too hot is bad. Very bad. It's based off the sun so it's more like so much positive energy is around you get burned to a crisp from all the energy.
It's all just dumb fluff used to justify generic fantasy dumbassary. Fluff it as you see fit

It gets worse when you factor in ravids since their positive energy moves shit around.

I think a better explanation would be: Positive energy may be tuned to heal the living, to harm the living (cancer, radiation, etc), and to flush stolen life force from undead. Negative energy harms, period. Undead are flawed and cannot be healed by pure positive energy: they must steal it from those who have already metabolized it, even other undead. In desperate circumstances undead will turn on one another for their dregs of life force.

Well it's also pretty bad when you realise that undead are safer on the positive energy plane than the living.

1). You only get it once, and have to chose a new customization in place of brawl.

2) Yup, it adds one damage

3) Deep Crystal Weapons. Add +2d6 damage on a hit for 2 pp.

4. No. It LOOKS like a psychoactive skin. You don't get any boni besides that ones that are listed

So intensify shocking grasp is the only effective magus around? damn

Have you ever met a qt trap in a dungeon?

Personally, I've always hated the connection between Undead and Negative Energy. NegEn is supposed to represent decay, necrosis, corrosion, entropy, and the inevitable death and loss that completes and compliments life and the birth/sustenance themes and factors of Positive Energy. It makes no sense that it "heals" or "empowers" the undead, as such actions are antithetical to entropy and decay.

Personally, I've always felt that Undead/Undeath functioned best as either a horribly bastardized form of White Magic, or better yet make it its own horrible abomination magic that violates and desecrates the natural order of the universe with its unholy stagnation, which would actually give credence to the Evil nature of Undead.

Its also why in my homebrew stuff I prefer the gods of Life and Death to be friends/family and to be in concert with eachother, as they complete eachother.

I've met lots of traps in dungeons, disabled them all too. Thank you mummy AP trait.

You have more than just "leveld6 of electric damage x times per day" You've got a bunch of cool other spells like Arcane mark/Brand, vampiric touch, bladed dash, various buffs/crowd control and even some utility spells. It's just that ISG is typically the best pure damage option, but don't discount the ability to change elemental enhancements on your weapon, use spells or hexes.

I'm in a game where it works kind of like that. Death is associated with passage and innovation while Life is associated (at least in the way the BBEG is using it) with stagnation and undead.

But have you ever cuddled with one?

It's the only CONSISTENTLY effective magus build. The complete lack of other good, all-around magus spells means you're basically stuck with either "pray it's not immune to nonlethal", "do less damage but do ACID DAMAGE! (corrosive touch?)", or the stock standard "intensified shocking grasp all day every day". Elemental spell being +1 SL is bullshit. There being no good alternatives is bullshit. Paizo will never care. Welcome to Magus, I hope you like pretending to be Ky Kiske.

There's always eldritch archer, though. The main draw there is that you get to full attack and throw spells at the same time. Don't spellstrike, it's better to just full attack and do a normal scorching ray or snowball spell.

What? Why would I want to do that. Traps are dangerous, they're full of poison, or banshee wails, or spike pits.

Hence why I prefer the second choice I listed, where Undeath is actually a a perversion divorced from the cycle, so as not to muddy up either side of the cycle,
Since honestly Dark Souls, while one of my favorite games, can be a bit silly about how it wants to paint its dichotomy

But they only want to hold hands with you.

>Elemental spell being +1 SL is bullshit.
>3.5 had it at +0 SL
My life hurts

Has anyone run a session of Stange Aeons?

They have no hands to hold, brah.

If I ever play a Magus, I'm shoving 3.5e elemental spell in my GM's face and telling him to use that instead. If he says absolutely not, then fine, I'll just play an Eldritch Archer/Hexcrafter and not have to deal with that shit.

I wonder if you can efficiently go Eldritch Archer with guns.

And AIDS and SJW , but at least not privalege [sic!]

No hablo.

Not unless you can reload. Gunslinger can't reload one handed guns until 11. If your GM allows third party (DreamScarred Press with Psionics/Path of War) you can go Warlord Archetype Desperado. He gets to reload guns as a free action at level 5.

Anything ranged other than bows are super gimped because of reloading. Crossbows can be fixed with a feat. One handed fire arms can be fixed with the above, but that is rather late into the game for the gunslinger. Two handed fire arms are dumb.

Rapid Reload doesn't work on guns?

It does, but I think only one handed antique firearms and all advanced firearms can actually be reloaded as a free action with rapid reload. That is, without class level investment, I mean.

Rapid Reload brings everything down one peg.

Light/One Handed Crossbows reload as free action rather than a move action.
One handed gun/heavy crossbow reload as move action instead of a standard.
Two handed guns reload as a standard action instead of a full turn.

You can't take the feat multiple times to help. Guns are stupidly hindered unless you take Gunslinger or Desperado.

>You don't use guns as well unless you're playing the class that's literally designed to work with guns.

Gee, I wonder...

Building items for everybody, and then making them worthless for everybody except this one particular class is a pretty shit move.

>anyone can pick up a bow if they've got martial prof
>anyone can pick up a crossbow
>a sizeable chunk of the classes can cast spells
>GOTTA BE A GUNSLINGER TO GUN BRO,

Any other class can take up a feat to be proficient at a stupid martial weapon, even exotics.

Even martial classes normally engaged in melee can do something with a bow and arrow.

It's almost like ancient era guns are difficult to work with. Even modern day firearms can be awkward if you don't know how to work with them.

It's almost like realism shouldn't take precedence before fun mechanics in a a game with flying fire breathing lizards and dogboys.

That's cool, but this is a fantasy game.

Two handed fire arms are stupid to take even as gunslinger.

That's a matter of opinion.

I mean, you can just Rule 0 the damn thing if it bugs you so much.

The whole fucking only reason guns got popular is that training someone to use them was massively easier than a bow.

Monte Cooke pls go and stay go

>It's okay to have shitty rules published because you can have the players put in effort to fix them.
Shit, why didn't I think of such brilliance.

>Whining in an anonymous forum somehow fixes the shitty rules.

Wow, I can't believe it was this easy all along!

Then why are Crossbows so shit then?
Also, firearms were used in battle and had already proliferated pretty well by the time Fullplate was invented.

Guys this is just that paizodrone from the other day that didn't want to improve himself. He's beyond saving.

You're right, I'll never call out shitty rules as shitty rules ever again.

>waaaagh, quite pointing out game design flaws, they hurt my feefees!
>>>/paizo/

>games should be balanced and have internal consistency in balance and design
>"lel das opinion"
fuck off

We literally dealt with this mongoloid yesterday

Alright, new tone.
I need to write an involved letter to a member of my group explaining to him, in detail, exactly why he is shit and everyone is pissed off at him, because apparently he doesn't get it.
OR I can write a piece of smut for my gf who is coming back from Cali after going out and doing a tour to fight the raging forests fires this season.
Which one?
>on topic
Is a dip in Aegis expressly for purposes of power gain alright, or does it make me an awful player?

Sometimes I just want to vent and don't care if I'm feeding.

Write the smut and tell the dude he's shit and what he has to fix or get booted.

Not even the same guy.

Complaining about something without giving a solution is called whining.

Sorry I tried to give you a solution to your problem instead of being a little bitch.
Clearly you'd rather just be buttmad instead of solving a problem.

>Talking about a problem without offering a solution is called whining user.

>Complaining about something without giving a solution is called whining.

>not the same guy
Really makes you think

Isn't the point of any class dip for gaining power?

Aegis seems like a stupid redone fighter for Psionics. It offers some cool bonuses to start with but it doesn't do anything from there. What are you suppose to do with 70 power points and no powers to use along with 26 customization points?

>paizodrone
Made me think someone else was being referred to.

But still
>ignoring the point anyways.

Man, /pfg/ has been super shit this week with the weeb-kitsune posting and rampant shitposting.
Just like every week.

And you can use alchemical cartridge to shorten time of reload.