Party is faced with a door

>party is faced with a door
>they want to pass through the door
>they can't do so via magical means
>next to the door is instructions on how to open it
>pic related are the instructions

How many years does your party take to open the door?

Five minutes, after the party gives up and tells them "manservant, open this door for me".

Three seconds after I read out the instructions.

>...Yeah, we do that.

It's a cheat code. Make the /v/ character do it.

"So, is that the actual combination, or does it just set off a tr-GOD DAMMIT, HANS!"

Is the lock a playstation controller?

This right here is a little to real.

Depends on how much time does the DM thinks it takes to make a hole big enough in the center to pass through it.

That is the question that players should ask any time they face a door locked with a riddle/puzzle.

Especially the last bit.

I gotta say, Freefall is the last thing I expect to see here

>I gotta say, Freefall is the last thing I expect to see here
Ye.

Also
>Cropping the comic

To be fair, you could probably lose the first panel for the purposes of this thread. Chopping the third one though prevents you from seeing the actual interface.
Also nice that the buttons use shapes instead of colours so colour-blind people can still get in.

Why? It's got a lot of material to mine for an enginehearts game and the ratio of one furry to 1 million normal people is sufficiently watered down to make it bareable even to the inquisition - Sam Starfall is also the err adventurer in general; confirmed virgin and kleptomaniacal to a fault.

You know if it weren't for the fact it would be a terrible idea I would base a rouge off of Sam

This comic became intolerably preachy and the main furry character is so much less interesting than every other character in the comic that it's physically painful.
>muh robot rights
>hundreds upon hundreds of pages about nothing but muh robot rights
just make it stop

>This just in, someone doesn't like something
>News at 11

For a comic with a furry character, that aspect is surprisingly toned down.

>muh robot rights
>hundreds upon hundreds of pages about nothing but muh robot rights
That's kinda the whole plot though.

>I knock on the door.

Not really.

I quit reading it for one reason:
Winston, the character, is a furfaggot.

Genetically engineered lifeform designed to fit in with humans falls in love with her veterinarian? Sure. It's even confirmed she has a secret indulgence for romance novels. Cute. Her mirror neurons are completely fucked up by design and she thinks her own species looks weird.
That's all solid Science Fiction.

Said veterinarian notices this and just goes with it 100% without thinking more than "well, it's not like there's any other women available on this colony to hook up with"?
Furfaggot. Inexcusable.

Dude, the robots are the best part of the comic.

>latent furfag gets triggered

It's okay kid, you can't catch it. Especially since you already have it :)))))

Hell man, even I think Florence is fucking adorable and absolutely ship them,
but it's just lazy ass writing for Winston which really kills it.

Depends, how thorough do we have to be when searching for traps?

I make doors with simple mathematical puzzles as the combination answer.

The trick is whenever the puzzle follows order of operations or not
It's actually random

What's the plot revelence of the OP strip? The door's symbols and the humor based on the fiddly doors in the containment procidures imply that they're in a spoof SCP Foundation right now, but otherwise it doesn't provide much context.

The door is to a police evidence locker. Police generally have very specific rules about how to handle evidence so that it is still admissible in court.

The AIs on the colony are 3 law AIs. When one is evidence in an investigation, the police don't want it receiving any instructions to destroy itself.

The robot inside in this case might also have software that could wipe every robot on the planet. But I doubt that possibility was considered when building this vault, as the software in question was meant to be kept secret unless the robots went crazy.

Cyberweapons appear to be a thing in the comic's setting, and the vault is a massive faraday cage.
So while the exact situation the characters are in was unforseen, the precautions taken do account for it.

It's pretty preachy, but still an interesting science fiction story.
Though to be fair, a lot of sci-fi can get a little preachy when they start exploring nonhuman rights or methods of government, and Freefall is constrained by three panel comics.