Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #49

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: pastebin.com/eYQtRbFP

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You learned the MP Buster spell from Piccolo and decided to put your skills to the test, facing off against Super Saiyan Turles in the Pendulum Room, and claiming victory!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aO_Lpb2f6d4
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ultra_Spirit_Bomb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=aO_Lpb2f6d4

It may have been a simulated fight, but being able to take down Turles on your own... you feel like you've got a real chance at fighting Vegeta now. But Turles isn't anywhere near as strong as Vegeta is now. You've got some choices coming up.

Chuu Lee seems to have hit a breakthrough with her training, getting better results after sustained training of the Raio-Ten. If you're lucky, maybe you can get close enough to Vegeta's level of strength with that training. Closing the gap as much as possible would be a smart move.

You could also try developing your skills better. You've trained yourself to get a significant amount of mileage out of your Ki and Magic based techniques. A couple more couldn't hurt. Perhaps there are some physical skills you can try working on as well, even though you've probably gotten a really good combination from your magical enhancements to the combos you already know.

On the subject of skills, you could try working with others on improvement. Learning the Instant Transmission from Lapis or Krillin would be a massive benefit in battle. Then there's King Kai's other technique: the Spirit Bomb. Learning it could help you significantly down the road. Plenty of other folks might have some skills you could exchange for, too.

(cont.)

And then there's the Ki container you and Bulma have started work on. There's a good deal of potential right there, depending on how you develop it. Might be worth looking into some more for the time being.

But beyond all this, there's also your kids to consider. Gohan and Peppa have been doing phenomenally with their training, even with the hiccups, but you know they're not even close to their full potential. And it looks like they're starting to really hit their stride. You recall from Puar that Oolong mentioned, jokingly, that they're about the right age to get lessons at the Southern Transformation Kindergarten.

But time is a resource you're starting to run out of, with the Tournament up ahead. What should you focus on?

>A. Get stronger! You can do it!
>B. Time to focus on skills
>C. Look to others, get some skills with their help
>D. Work with Bulma on the Ki container idea
>E. Focus on the kids, they probably need it more than you do
>F. Something else?

Pick three at most.

>>A. Get stronger! You can do it!

Goku's got the kids for now.

>F. Send Gohan and Peppa off to kindergarten, we all have to experience hell sometime

>F. Ryu-ten training.
Or if we can train ryu-ten without putting extra effort in, then >B. As well.

>A
>C
Instant Transmission
>E
Have them learn a skill from each parent

What's a ryu-ten?

>F. Send the kids off to the Southern Transformation Kindergarten

Voting for anything but that. Leave the kids out of this dumb transformation thing.

Could we do something with lightning attacks where we leave a sort of "seed" in our opponent that will go off if it's struck by lightning again?

If they don't socialize with people their age, they'll end up weird.

>Ryu-ten
Are you doing that on purpose, or can you not read?

I'm tired and maybe stupid. What did I miss?

Pretty sure it's the only school for kids within the same hemisphere as us.

Also, Goku bought a town?

>GET MAX FORM. THEN WE'LL BE THE STRONGEST EVEEEEER. Also ki control would be helped.

I'd rather have Goku train the kids and teach them Grandpa Gohan moves.

It's literally in the first post.
And the pastebin.

>B. Giant Robot
>B. Made out of Ki
>B. To fight Oozarus in

Ki constructs are hard to maintain apperantly.
I suggest a war mech down the line.

After we learn out to make a battle jacket.

I'm down for an oozaru buster, but now is not the time.

What if we get Star Power from the audience?

They have Videl, Pantea, and their cousin.

Videl and Pantea are not their age, and how Izzy's doing on her own as a princess worries me as well, she may get Indigo/Homeschool syndrome or something.

In a world where ki/magic/and psionics exist. Wouldn't New Age stuff be...right?

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ultra_Spirit_Bomb
Too powerful for tourneys.

Are inherited superiority complexes and little social contact with normal children the right thing in this age for a child with her power?

Didn't Chichi say she wanted Izzy to go to a normal school when she's old enough?

Oh, she did? Well that's swell. I wonder if she's sending Izzy to Trans School.

I am pretty sure that is not a normal school.

Puar knows how to use scissors, doesn't she?

Puar's a boy.

Not in America she ain't!

In quest he is confirmed to be a boy

If Peppa and Gohan went to Trans School, they could fight like the Soul Eater people. If Puar was enough to take off an Oozaru's tail, how strong do you think our kids'd be as weapons?

Quit being Transphobic

As much as I want the kids to be able to polymorph, I feel like Kato really, reeaaaallly doesn't want us to do it.

So I gotta vote against it, despite really wanting to get that Space Monkey trick with Gohan we had going .

He calls himself a boy.

And that idea is dumb.

I can put aside personal feelings on the matter if it's something y'all want to do. I've said such before.

They may need to roll pretty high to gain such skills, but it's doable.

This all said, it doesn't look like it'll be a winning vote.

Kato doesn't not want us to do it, she just says it wouldn't be useful what with ki-sensing and all that. I think it'd be a fun parlor trick and chance for the kids to interact with others in their age group.

Well our version of Goten can always go to the school then.

Who gave you power to vote against anything besides voting for different things? You think this is a thing where vetoes are allowed?

Who gave me the power?

Liam

>Hey Sis, wanna see my awesome sword again? *Acer has done this on many occasions.*
>That's real cool, brobro, but check out what my kids can do! *Gohan and Peppa both transform into masterwork weapons that Melchior would admire.*

Acting like an asswipe isn't going to do you any favors.

That's a black sheep with horns glued to it?

I'd rather not use our children to attack people as weapons.

..Unless...

I was hoping user was just being sarcastic/joking.

A
C
E

I want kids to know transformation just so they never have to deal with body image issues. I would kill for that skill...

And they could eat all they want without getting fat! Wait a minute...

If they are going to have body image problems, it'd probably be from the tails of all things. Hey, transformation could help hide those tails away from enemy attacks while still retaining their utility.

I imagine a saiyan/tuffle hybrid has probably a Flash level metabolism.

Honestly, it might be from the bulging muscles later in life.
You think peppa wants to be pic related? Doubtful.

You forget that she's Daddy's Little Girl

>transformation could help hide those tails away from enemy attacks while still retaining their utility.

That's actually a really good point.

I just want the x5 mini oozaru boost.

I feel like the stronger the woman the least muscular she is in DB.

When I was enrolled in Cub Scouts late I was always pissed that I missed out on being a Wolf Cub and was then-on at the level of Bear Cub (my less favorite animal), so let's ask the kids if they're interested in this opportunity before we dismiss it for them, eh?

Bodybuilding is not the same as martial arts training, user. Especially when Ki skills are factored in.

Something I never got is why Super Trunks didn't wipe the floor with Cell by just using Ki attacks if melee wasn't working out for him?

Look at goku.
Your point is invalid considering his physique later in the series.

>First vote
>Intense debate
Aaaaaahhhh...

>intense debate on stuff that doesn't matter
ftfy

I wondered why he just didn't stand in one place and have Cell come at him. All Trunks had to do was catch him once.

Super Saiyan God debuffs him somewhat, I blame his hugeness on training with ten tons on each limb.

Why is multi-verse's Bra so hot, and why is she taller than Pan?

Because she's a Mary Sue.

Everyone in that series is part Mary Sue, it's all explained in Mary Sue's backstory.

It's important to note that goku isn't merely muscular, but he lacks fat deposits, and looks dehydrated. He's cut, his muscles stand out extremely prominently and sharply. Goku has bodybuilder physique for some reason.

Even then, compare with the pic user posted.
Compare further with those stronger than Goku, including a certain lady.

Anyway, looks like the decisions have been made.

Arale?

I know. It's Towa.

Speaking of robo-girl, is she still stronger then us thanks to her gag power?

Answer us kato, why is goku dehydrated like a bodybuilder just before a show? Is he secretly extremely sweaty? Do saiyans have trouble absorbi liquids?

Towa isn't even a martial artist, she's all magic.

I feel like all your knowledge of muscles comes from this.

Okay, user
Anything else you want to share with the class?

Focusing on getting stronger. That's going to be a clear goal now. And with what Chuu Lee has discovered, you might have a chance at really improving. And you'll have an added bonus of training up the Raio-Ten, too.

While doing that, you can try working on some more skills, too. A new melee combo might be a good idea, or you could develop further on Ki attacks. Or maybe could try for some more Magic...

And lastly, you've still got skills from others to consider. Learning the Instant Transmission would be just the edge you need in a fight, and incredibly useful in general. But you could also try learning some skills from Piccolo, or maybe Tien, too.

Decisions...

>A. Melee
>B. Ki
>C. Magic

Pick one, and,

>D. Krillin and Lapis
>E. Piccolo
>F. Tien
>G. Someone else?

Pick one.

B
D

>A. Melee

We need to keep from becoming a glass cannon.

>D. Krillin and Lapis

Get us that sweet IT.

We can just tag Vegeta and IT him right out of the ring if need be.

>C. Magic
>D. Krillin and Lapis

>B
>D

Pretty sure Peppa would look more like this than her dad.

At least she'll be taller then us.

Probably have a bigger bust too.

Well
this gives me ideas.

Holy fuck what the hell
Is that one of those bugs that disguise themselves as sticks?
This motherfucker looks like a goddamn twig

Toriyama why

He got tired of the bodybuilder moosles

Why?

Because.

Fuck you, that's why.

B
D
Instant Transmission pls

Rolled 1, 5, 10, 3, 7 = 26 (5d20)

All right, roll me 3d20, best of five. DC for all is 16.

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Rolled 17, 5, 6 = 28 (3d20)

Rolled 10, 16, 7 = 33 (3d20)

Rolled 20, 2, 9 = 31 (3d20)

DON'T FUCK THIS UP

Rolled 7, 7, 20 = 34 (3d20)

Rolled 5, 11, 7 = 23 (3d20)

We didn't fuck it up!

'Round of applause everyone.

Good job, you didn't fuck it up

Perfect!

Before I continue, is there any specific kind of Ki technique y'all have in mind, or should I just put in one I've been thinking on?

What were you thinking of?

I have like....thousands of techniques in mind but I'd rather hear your idea.

I want a containment/restraint move.
Like an orb that we can condense around someone, smaller and smaller...

Let's hear it Boss-Lady

Couldn't we do that with our bit barrier?

So is anyone reconsidering send the kids off to the Transformation Kindergarten with the tidbit about they'll have a way to conceal their tails (their biggest weakpoints right now) from opponents' attacks?

Improving our raioten/kiaoken combo would be nice.

I want to practice Ki Control/Constructing by making flying skulls or wraith-like things.

Yeah
Could be good

How about a technique that will sort of magnetize electricity attacks to an opponent?

What if we could turn the Spirit Bits into Stakes that leech energy off of an opponent to prolong the Bit's existence?