Preview card!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmqHs_6VSzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a_n3GnZUo_k
youtube.com/watch?v=XinJl_DOOA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

meh

bretty good.

This seems solid. Cheap, does something straight away, all abilities are good.

It's like Chandra the Firebrand except it can't shoot creatures and copies stuff you have already played instead. I like it.

Inventor's Fair is busted as fuck though, especially in modern

you would think this is good, but nobody plays red/blue and nobody will.
those colors are complete and utter shit tied specifically to meme FotM decks. the only viable one was niv-mizzet in EDH, and only casuals give a shit bout EDH these days.

Not a bad Planeswalker for the cost.

I'm also loving the vibrant colors of the art so far.

This set is going to make me regret selling my Memnarch EDH deck. Who am I kidding, I already do.

DESIGNATED UR CARD QUALITY AND LONG GAME WINCON

Fucking love it. Also so vibrant and colorful.

>that -2

Why do I have this ominous feeling that this is going to get busted, fast

Garbage card is a $40 pre order. $5 next year.

Because you're dumb, it can only occur once per turn (unless you cast another walker & legend rule her)

Abilities cost and actual cost identical to Dack Fayden - lazy design.
Bitch Fayden doesnt seem legacy worthy desu.

Garbage

Well, what can you do with it t3? Aside of it doubling as a way to produce mana, which Koth has already proven is good.

I can see the limitations to it definitely, and don't think it'l break standard in half

But modern, legacy? It feels to me like it's got a lot of potential. This card is only as good as the targets it can clone/search, and it's got one hell of an arsenal. Whether it's worth the slot, 3 mana, and UR colours for the decks that would play it is to be seen though

I can't wait to get this out of the way so we can get to FUCKING EGYPT.

Holy shit, that leak was right? Or was it just a great guess?

Well, it does copy your Black Lotus

>energy stays, doesn't go away like mana

Gay

The only thing he got right was the Egypt part.

Gay.
Its just mama that stays. Looks like shit.

Gonna have a ton of clues and energy everywhere.

SHE TARGETS WALKERS

>AFFINITY SAYS HI

>Its just mama that stays.
You're just jealous because your mama didn't stay.

You do realize Kaladesh will be UR heaven?

>Guns are too modern for mtg lore
>motorcycles are fine

when's contraptions

if there are a few good energy generators, expect to see this into emrakul seeing modern play.

>Crew
Oh baby

Now this is podracing?

constructs confirmed.
How is this any better flavor-wise than equipment?

oh god these cards
my dick

my edh deck

Now we just need Cambot, Gypsy, and Crow
So basically counters with a fancy symbol. Okay.

>+1/+1 counters

When the creature dies, the equipment falls to the ground and can be picked up.
When the vehicle crashes, the crew crawls out the burning wreckage

hahahah I thought they wanted to lower the complexity level. This is the opposite.

>How is this any better flavor-wise than equipment?

Because it's crew, not crewman, several creatures in a vehicle, and then that vehicle is destroyed without harming those creatures.

Honestly wish it was the other way around though, that you "equipped" the creatures to the vehicle and they became one unit instead.
Tapping them is such a cop-out.

>Tapping them is such a cop-out
This is sort of what I mean.
>When the vehicle crashes, the crew crawls out the burning wreckage
This is retarded.

It's literally charge counters again.
Making it a symbol means more real estate on the card, which is good.

I like it better this way, as it means it's easier to swap out what creature you're using- you dont need to spend mana, you just choose what creature to use.

Also, correct me if Im wrong but it's not a tap symbol ability on the creature so can you tap creatures that have summoning sickness to crew vehicles?

UR is the complex color combination. GW players shouls just go back to banging their face against a wall until the wall breaks.

More like the Redline, with that power.
youtube.com/watch?v=FmqHs_6VSzQ

We Redline now.

>Formatting an artifact that becomes a creature as though it were already a creature
I thought WotC hated doing things that confused the slack-jawed kitchen table players they primarily design for

I knew after colorless mana they were gonna go crazy with format changes and new symbols.
Ten years from now it will just be symbols and colons, we hearthstone now.

>you tap creatures that have summoning sickness to crew vehicles
Yeah, they mentioned that you could on the stream.

Dibs on Lynchman and Johnny.
youtube.com/watch?v=a_n3GnZUo_k

The energy counters go on you and not the card.

Just replace it with "put a charge counter on ~" and "Tap, remove 6 charge counters from ~" and its the same damn mechanic they've done a million times, its just a visual shortcut.

seriously, just why?

Why is this a thing?

it looks ugly, why not simply write '5 energy counter'? hell, it might even take less space. It's megamorph all over again.

Why would you ever tap multiple?

Well shit, I missed that part, never the fuck mind.

Finally have a reason to make a standard artifact deck, seeing how this new set is apparently centered around them

Theros already tested the water with Gods. This likely entered the first stages of design shortly after Theros proved to be a blockbuster.

>vehicle
Gayyyyy. Cars are fucking boring. But this means they'll have to print mech suits hopefully.

This is going to react really weirdly with effects that care about how many creatures you have. Plus, this is a noncreature card that has power and toughness in zones other than the battlefield.
Fuckin' weird.
Read the wording on Crew.
>Crew 1 (Tap any number of creatures you control with TOTAL POWER 1 OR MORE: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.
That means there are going to be Vehicles with Crew 4, which you would still be able to Crew with, say, four soldier tokens. Most likely we'll see a bit of each of these, maybe even on the same card, e.g., a Vehicle with P/T based on the number or total P/T of creatures crewing it.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ !!!

>Magic gets futuristic magical cars
>cards have the ugliest, old-timiest looking border ever

Why? Why not something that looks aether-infused or more shiny? What does it look like a wooden barrel or an ancient tome?

Or alternatively, you could crew it with a giant fucking baloth or something.

>This is going to react really weirdly with effects that care about how many creatures you have

Same as manlands.

Ur artifacts legend pls

You can crew the dragster with another crewed Dragster!

>visual shortcut
it's not even a shortcut

It's simple for a reason.
If it was all futuristic it wouldn't be able to be used on like a shitty cart or something.
And if they ever choose to reuse the mechanic or even make it evergreen they now have a frame that could fit into any set.

Had the same thought. Looks like shit on the net, maybe it looks better in person.

I think it's odd to make a new card type that doesn't apply to most of the previous sets. I mean short of maybe some carriages or ox carts there's not much that could classify as a vehicle without dragging the plane into the future. So it's either a one-off or indicative of a new direction that I'm not a fan of.

Gotta admit, yeah, I feel the same way. I never understood why so many people have hard-ons for artifacts, artificers, constructs, etc., in fantasy settings.
Why is the thing you want to do most in a land of wizards, dragons, and treasure to make a fucking robot? You can do that in real life. I don't usually mind it, but I don't understand it.
Sure, I guess, but those usually had creature types and things, like all creatures do, and flavorfully one can understand a big pile of animated Zendikar rubble being a creature temporarily. Cars aren't creatures at all. It's not bad, it's just weird.
Or this. You have to admit it's weird to crew a car with another car.

You loose charge counters when you loose the artifact with them on it.
You can't take the charge counters from a different artifact to pay for an effect.

This is not the same mechanic.

>You can do that in real life.
No you can't especially one that can fight off wizards and dragons

> Maro said you can have a deck of mostly vehicles
>You can control vehicles using other vehicles

ITS LOSE, YOU FAGGOT. ONE 'O'

LOOSE IS WHAT YOUR MOM'S CUNT IS

YOU DID IT TWICE IN A ROW SO IT WASN'T A TYPO, YOU'RE JUST AN IGNORANT NIGGER.

>gay
What? This is the time in standard where you can see Thalia driving a F1 car, or if you can untap her, Thalia driving TWO F1 car.

>Complexity on the last 3 blocks (Khans, Zendikar, Shadows) was too high so we're going to dumb it down.
>Here's a thing with power/toughness that isn't a creature and a brand new type of resource. Surely these won't generate any questions or confusion at all.
I just don't understand WotC sometimes.

>implying you can't make robots in real life
buy some legos nigga, yes you can

>Inventor's Fair is busted as fuck though, especially in modern

I could see running 1 of them in Affinity, just because there's a flex spot in the manabase, but I don't see it actually breaking anything.

I don't know why but i kept giggling everytime i see this card. The limited of Kaladesh will be hilarious.

>implying that can do 1/100000000000000 of the tasks of a robot in a fantasy setting can

>What are Gods in Theros?

It is only slightly different wording. Almost everyone understood how Gods work, everyone will understand how these work.

>uncommon
Garbage at common.

youtube.com/watch?v=XinJl_DOOA4

lovin it

Creature that gets triggered when you tap it.

>Worldspine Wurm is a better driver than any Vedalken

That's some silly ass flavor.

we /v/ now

No this is the best kind of flavor. Emmrakul driving a car and racing sounds pretty sweet.

So with this and egypt block next year.

We finally get card games on motorcycles?

I didn't say dick about what fantasy robots could do, I said you can build a robot in real life. By all definitions of what constitutes a "robot," yes, you can.
Can you build Data? No, you can't, but that's because nobody knows how yet, which is why that shit is science fiction.

>I never understood why so many people have hard-ons for artifacts, artificers, constructs, etc., in fantasy settings.
I do. They can do all sorts of things beyond the realm of possibility at the moment. I'll get excited about irl robots when they gain sentience. But cars already exist. Cars exist in the real world and they're cooler in a way that anything printed on paper ever could be.
Who are they even trying to appeal to, the geeky gearhead demographic?

We need a card that turns an artifact into a vehicle so we can have Nicol Bolas riding Nicol Bolas (no homo)

WHAT ENERGY SHOULD HAVE BEEN:

>Create a Gold token. It has "Sacrifice this token: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool"
>Sacrifice six gold tokens: Do big ass effect

what energy actually is:

>Snow mana 2.0
>Parasitic tribal mechanic
>Can't be used with cards from other sets
>All cards with it will be useless as "Splice onto Arcane"