40k General:

Playing CSM Stage 4: Depression Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Secutarii are meh Sub-Edition

I want to run Hoplites just because of muh shield and lance fetish.

Send help.

Why no deredeos, leviathans or cataphractii for CSM?

Britain be getting the word about Traitor's Hate soon, yeah?

But user, they're only good at one thing, worse than scouts at anything else, and frankly there are about four better ways to do their one thing in an admech list.

Not for another 13 hours, it's New Zealand that gets it crazy early.

Anyone wanna trade an ork army for a skaven army?

You guys mean leaks or what?

I'll get Hoplites one day cause they look sexy.

user i dont know how to tell you this but WHFB is dead..

On the other hand if you looked up skaven 40k blogs theres a good one out there that a guy did taliban themed skaven with. Was pretty cool

Before Straya?
Cold.

Like releases, son.
3rd of Sep is apparently a yellow day.

peltasts seems pretty sexy, so many ammo types that are pretty much all useful, and shrouded on a stick

What? I thought Traitor's Hate goes on preorder on the 10th or something so not word for another 2 weeks at least.

Wait, is this for HH Book 7 or IA14?

When is that shit out?

So IG and Chaos update soon™?

>got a bunch of shit
>realize I need to clean off workspace
>its been a week

IG got their update in mont'ka.
Trator's Hate is another khorne update

by update I meant a new codex

>IG
Next thing I expect for IG is an 8th edition codex, I feel like we're skipping 7th.

So the people at LGS don't want to play my dark eldar any more and say they're overpowered. This already happened once with my sisters of battle.
Is there a worse army than these two I can play?
not chaos

> Never again codex releases.
> Only neverending supplements.

I have a huge artillery based forge world dkok army I still need to paint but I'm getting the itch to make a renegades army now

I don't even really play much anymore cause everyone at my flg plays unpainted tau/eldar

Why have I blown so much on this shit hobby

Orks.

Black Templars or Blood Angels for Khorne, Ultras or Salamanders for Tzeentch, Imperial Fists for Nurgle, Ultras or White Scars for Slaanesh. Do you really need those dinobots and crabbots anyways?

I would do Orks but I'd want to run a green tide and just throw hundreds of boys at them. Apparently that's been removed now though

Not removed just not kosher in a grand detatchment.

Same as steel host and rampart.

What 40k faction does Donald Trump play?
Is he a WAACfag?

Whatever army he takes, you know he's spending 50pts for an Aegis Defence Line

Isn't fixed artillery DKoK / Renegades actually pretty decent against tau / eldar?

Idk, but Hillary probably plays nurgle.

kill team rules when

>mfw no ADL allowed in a cadian battlegroup.

sob are solid midtier
de are among the worst. what do you use?

He'll make the other guy pay for the ADL and then hide his own guys behind it.

but conveniently forgets her own codex rules when it benefits her

Those people are terrible at 40k if they think Deldar are OP and you should get a new store if possible.
That applies to SoB as well.
If that's not possible I wouldn't go about looking for a "worse" army to play, because then you're really fucked. And I think only Orks are worse.

Can't do enough wounds fast enough to the mc mechs

>tfw local Eldar player complains about Exorcists

From what I gathered, both armies will be using them.

Renegades can buy twin-linked lascannons for 20 points a piece, take nine and show those pansies who's the boss of this gym.

I've been thinking about starting a Renegades army but the sheer model count hass been putting me off.

Yes, they are terrible at 40k. One guy brings two knights, two vindicares, and some footslogging marines. He complains when my dominions kill the knights; but I have to do that when there's no other targets for them. He complains when my Dark Lances kill them, and complains when Haywire does its job.
I play a Grotesquerie, some reavers, warriors in raiders, archon w/ Incubi in venom. Pretty standard, not netlisting, not WAACing it.
I had that too. He complained about dominions destroying some stuff turn 1 while he had 2 wraithknights on the board with the D weapons :^)

How can I beat them with krieg?

Oh. Does anybody know when both of these will come out?

im sorry honestly, fucking hate playing with people who are always blaming the game, or making up reasons why their loss was unjustified

i had to deal with it for years in my blood bowl playgroup

The worst is one guy who says he's practicing for a tournament, so I bring a normal list instead of my ridiculously toned down one, and he complains the entire time that he has no chance. With a wolfstar. Against SoB.

>Pretty standard, not netlisting, not WAACing
Do you imply that is even possile with de?

You can do it with DE primary, using allies.
Or you can take a corpsethief claw + a dark artisan for 7 MCs with 4+ fnp rerolling 1s.

before the FAQ about jinking you could spam either venoms or raiders (i dont play DE idk which is which) and you could actually win some games
some people would call that cheese but it wasnt OP, just good

Unfortunately, the Eldar player is really the only friend I have that plays 40k. He's a total sperg and is basically what
said. Everything he has is allowed to be totally awesome, but fuck everything if someone else has something remotely good.

My 1000 point list hasn't really changed since 4th edition, but I will admit that 2 exorcists in 1000 is a bit heavy. How else am I supposed to deal with wraith guard? I'm tempted to just say fuck it and take a blob of 20 sisters with a Canoness and a Priest just to see how he deals with it.

That sounds awful, it's fucking 40k, who cares if you win or lose if you're not at a tourney?

REEEEEEEE I NEED TO FULFIL MY ARMCHAIR GENERAL AUTISM. TAKE THAN STEVEN YOU FUCK, CAN'T BULLY ME NOW.

Just got two boxes of Killa Kans, any suggestion for the load out if I don't have any interest in magnets? Is 6 rokkits launchers a smart idea or should I consider the other options?

1/3 of the list is DE but this is fairly cheesy, with a turn 1 charging Grotbomb, 2+invuln tank for Seercouncil

>huge artillery based forge world dkok army

>Why have I blown so much on this shit hobby

If you don't want to spend a lot on the hobby, going 'huge forgeworld' was a really bad move. Granted DKoK is pretty fucking sick looking, but I have never had the money for it.

Your playing orks so it doesn't matter they'll die without doing anything no matter what

T another ork player

Are they the ones with D-Scythes?
Repentia!

It was fun at first at my old club where we did campaigns and fluff apoc games and most people were either chaos de sm or orks but

Now I just go out my models on the table and then take them off its fucking lame

Book 7 next month, IA 14 early next year

Grotzookas and Rokkits

but also this

Not the scythes, just the regular D-Canons.

Repeating the question from previous thread -
can Perpetuals be scarred? Will the scars dissapear after their "reincarnation"? What about tattoos?

that's what it like at mine, the SM and chaos players have at least put base coats on if not finished but the Tau/Eldar are just primed, It's a real shame.

>can Perpetuals be scarred? Will the scars dissapear after their "reincarnation"?

"...The Primarch of the Night Lords spent the next several months trying to both break Vulkan's spirit and trying to kill him. Curze personally cut Vulkan's head off, ripped out his throat with a fork, stabbed him through the chest and tore him limb from limb. Separately he had Vulkan eviscerated, shot with hundreds of bolters at close range, left in the venting shaft of a starship's engine and even thrown in empty space completely naked. Each time Vulkan died his body would regenerate completely, leaving Curze furious..."

"...Vulkan was transported across the Galaxy into the upper atmosphere of Macragge and burnt up during reentry, confident he would wake up in the care of the Ultramarines
His charred body was later recovered by the Ultramarines, who at first were unable to identify the corpse as anything more than a grotesque statue - all living matter having burned up on reentry. Over a series of days Vulkan's body began to regenerate, eventually returning to life..."

DKoK can take 45-point twin-linked lascannons, which are better but more than 2x the cost of the renegades version. Also a Hades Breaching Drill will one-shot any suit on the charge if you can ever get it to happen (which you probably won't, but, you know.)

There's always knights and renegades counts-as

roit
nevery played a dawn of war game and figured i should try one
which ones the best?

Book 7 next month?!

Source please.

Do you prefer building bases and spawning units to run at the enemy or using a few heroes and spawn a few units to support them?

It's their next open day. Don't they release the book around then?

probably using a few heroes and spawn a few units to support them

DoW2 then

Unsitspammer vs herohammer really.

>free shipping on reasonable order size ends the 15th
You know how to fuck us raw, don't you FW

" Over a series of days Vulkan's body began to regenerate"
So they technically kind of can, but the scars don't stay for long. Good enough, actually that's great.

"..Vulkan finally realizing his regenerative abilities and using them to his advantage; by focusing his will, he could regenerate much quicker. At one point Curze shot Vulkan's head off, causing the primarch to fall from a cliff. Vulkan was back alive before he hit the ground..."

why is IA14 next year then? FW is way fucking behind on it's orders. We should have been on Book 8 by now in HH.

I had a guy bitch about how my shooting was "too good".

I was playing Orks.

He was playing Space Marines. Only things that were even shooting were 4 lootas and a Supa-Kannon since my Tankbustas got tied up in melee.

Some people are just retarded.

I feel like Hillary probably plays Officio Assassinorum

Well lootas CAN feel too good when they roll 5's for everything

I want to play a Chaos Daemons army without cramming myself into formations or having to buy a million models to summon. Possible?

Yes.
As long as you don't want khorne or tourney/tryhard wins

Will I have to mix gods with hatred for one another?

I feel like he would have loads of wall of martyrs kits with all the dead ig painted as mexicans.

As logn as you don't go for tryhard levels op power you can do almost whatever.

I did consistently get 2 and 3 for amount of shots.

However my to-hit rolls were fairly normal (ie: only landed 4 out of 12 shots)

Of course I was shooting marines with them, since the only armor he brought was a land raider.

Adding a Vindicare to my CSM, fluffed as some really bugged-out havoc who fucking hates having anyone near him except for the Lord, with whom he shares a blood debt for reasons unknown. As a result, the warband is informed of his whereabouts and anyone who steps anywhere near him gets krumped. The guy's just too good to piss off.

This explains Come the Apocalypse and such. That and it would be pretty fucking cool having a god-tier sniper giving me backup.

>used to play msu horror spam in 5th
>cant with new Codex
>uses shitty fantasy rules
>only good for summoning
>tfw

They can also generate power for better psykers.

Can one use a kill team in a normal game of 40k (1 kill team and a normal army) also, can you use hq units in kill teams?

What killtem athe deathwatch formation killteam, the killteam minigame units or what?

I'm not really sure desu, i assume the ones from the minigame (I thought it was a supplement)

If you don't evne know what question you are asking, that make answering tricky.

While the minigame and the main game share many rules killteam is scaled to be squad sized with individual models with special skills instead of units, like The Dirty Dozen and no really big shit so the two games don't really work together.

They FAQed Green Tide user. You can use it again.

kill team is a seperate system

But ONLY if you own the old ghazgkull supplement.

Well sure, but why would you want to own the new one?

So, does Brotherhood of Psykers make every model in the Psyker unit capable of casting a psychic power? Do they contribute warp charges? I feel like I'm not getting the explanation in the BRB.

One charge unless stated otherwise, ONE of them acts as the focus and manifests.

Hey Veeky Forums how good are the harlequins from death masque? I know the options for the formation aren't quite perfect but they seem pretty good considering what you get in some similar big sets (*ahem* overwatch). What works tee gee recommend that I do with the harlequins - but the formation or make something different?

Veeky Forums recommends you get a real army and not just allies.

So they contribute warp charges.

>how good are the harlequins from death masque?
Not very. They're all dead! AHAHAHAHAHA