Let's discuss all the new neat Kaladesh stuff!

Let's discuss all the new neat Kaladesh stuff!

Old thread:
>49132911

>I'm mad about Creature Types edition

I love this fucking card. So awesome. No idea how good it is but I love it.

Cute tho

And dwarves are back! Finally!

Reminder that this is a confirmed snow mana 2.0 / splice onto arcane levels of parasitism
The ability does NOTHING on the cards its printed on in 99% of games on its own and requires you to stuff a deck full of energy-matters cards to get any value out of it.

I want to play the deck type that's anti-Kaladesh. Just hate all artifacts into oblivion.

Did anybody else notice there's some indian butthurt guy who replies to every poo in loo joke implying it isn't funny to make fun of literal third world shitters

>There won't be a legendary RU artificer
CALLING IT

D E S I G N A T E D

I'm in love. Wish she had blue tho

the return of dorfs is what hypes me the most.

Reminder that this is shit posting because every every card we've seen interacts with energy.

Not even indian: That joke is old and stale.

Superpower by 2020, shut up.

Here we go

>This card in limited

dem dorfs mane

>not even indian

kek, sure pajeet

So far none of them look like dwarves.
In the art they're nothing but humans.

into my Maelstrom warrior deck you go.

All cards that use energy will also create energy. Then there will be other cards that create energy without using it.

See Invesitgate, as an example. It won't be a parasitic mechanic.

Mythics do stupid shit in limited! More at 11.

idk they look pretty dwarfy to me

Well, it WAS funny. Now it's just "There's a thread even tangentially related to India? Better make a Poo in the Loo joke." Despite the fact it usually gets in the way of any other discussion going on.

btw it's not a joke, you subhumans literally shit on the streets and forced your governament to make a campaign to avoid people shitting on the streets

it's not a joke and you gotta deal with it

I say the same thing about the KANGZ joke in not!Egypt threads.

The jokes are old. Get some new fucking material.

there's already two enemy colored legends. chances are that we will get one. but not sure if in this block or not.

>all the cards so far
So are there any dudes in this plane or what?

wat

That's like saying every White American is a sister-fucking inbred redneck.

I'm getting Prophet of Kruphix vibes from this in terms of necessity in an EDH deck. Of course, i doubt this one will get banned because doublethink.

Also that art is pretty dreadful.

You can't see that they're dwarfs by how they look.
>They're a bit buff
Oh my.

What? The art on that is beautiful dude.

Reminder that people who say "Parasitic mechanics" hate fun

Yeah, there are the bad guys, and Tezzeret.

I mean RU "artifact mattters" legend
A lord.

There's no lord for RU commander.

this guy looks extremely dwarfish, what are you talking about

New card spoiled heres the writeup

Backwater Street
Land
Tap: Add {1 colorless} to your mana pool
Tap, Tap any number of untapped non-white creatures you control: Put that many Flux counters on Backwater Street
If Backwater Street has ten or more Flux counters on it, white creatures get -2/-2

No he doesn't. He looks enormous in that picture.

>Waah Waah Why do people post memes I don't like mods pls help

You can fuck off back to rebbit if you want a fascist little echochamber, my fellow le gentleman.

investigate didn't require more investigate cards to get value, it functioned at a power level independent of tribal requirements
energy cards are individually weak and need to be used with each other to be playable: This is parasitic

Get some new material.

Looks like a buff human.
Table shouldn't be that low.
He looks like a tall strong smith.

>Tezzeret
We /esper/ now?

More than one interpretation of Dwarves.

L(P)OO

Reminder that people who say "parasitic mechanics" think that stuff like "Myr who support Myr and Elves who support Elves" is parasitic
So pic related? Parasitic apparently.

Seems crazy strong in terms of card advantage but the problem is that she only gets dwarves and vehicles so those need to be good

How the fuck did you draw a comparison between Investigate and energy counters

Did you not see

More than one interpretation of Dwarves.
Except they're short and stocky with beards.

Theses guys look like fucking hobbits others just like humans.

What's the point of bringing back dwarfs if they're just humans in the art.

It really isn't. The face is really off, and the weird lines make her androgynous in a way that isn't natural. ('>elves' isn't a valid response) She's also got some Jotaro-levels of weird hair, as it fuses into the cheeks just as his hair fused into his hat.

Aside from the actual person, the colours are oversaturated and the magic effect look absolutely awful.

I'd like to see this get approached by a different artist. There's potential, this one just happens to suck. Again, I'm probably still thinking in terms of Prophet of Kruphix, but I don't see why not.

Thats like the definition of parasitic.
Tribal = parasitic

its only as parasitic as the tribe keeps getting supported. Myr Galvanizer is useless outside of mirrodin block because there are no other myr. Soldier tribal is useful everywhere, so its not parasitic

Tezzeret wasn't confirmed, no, but between this set being dystopian shithole Esper and the next set being Bolasland, Tezzeret is on the way. It's 50/50 that he's here or next block.

>More than one interpretation of Dwarves.
And most interpretations of dwarves have them being, you know, being a fucking dwarf. I don't think dwarves being chunkier people is all that it takes to be a dwarf.
Yes, Myr are parasitic. I think you ro somebody is confusing "parasitic" with "bad" or "not fun". Parasitic mechanics can be fun and they can be fine if they serve a purpose in an environment.

Elf tribal isn't parasitic because most blocks feature elves.

>Stop pulling the "they don't play the game" bullshit
You do see women and some non-whites at FNM, but that's not who we're talking about here. We're talking about the unwashed, red in the face SJWs that show up at cons and on twitter ranting and raving about there being too many whites/males/heterosexuals/whatever and being either oblivious to or ungrateful for all the pandering they've already received from game designers. It's all about giving them something to satisfy their narcissism because they can pretend they're the new champions of helpless and oppressed minorities without requiring the courage, work, or determination that would be necessary to actually do something monumental like busting the very real modern underground slave trade.

The players these people supposedly represent are indifferent to the cause. I know this because I play with them regularly. I;ve been playing EDH for about eight years but I've yet to play with a black guy with a black skinned commander; turns out they like dragons, angels, elementals, beasts, and robots just like everyone else.

>Your disingenuous strawman is totally accurate and doesn't make you sound like
A picture is not an adequate substitute for an argument. It's funny how you accuse me of using a strawman (it's called an analogy) then turn immediately reuse your own strawman.

What I'm curious now to see is the interaction that Black has with artifacts.

Also the Black/White, Black/Green, and Red/Blue legends still have yet to be spoiled. I'm betting that the Black/Green one is what pushes Delirium into the stratosphere.

I don't really care much for the Crew mechanic desu.

>Autism

>The face is really off,
How?
>and the weird lines make her androgynous in a way that isn't natural.
How??
>he's also got some Jotaro-levels of weird hair
So?
>Aside from the actual person, the colours are oversaturated and the magic effect look absolutely awful.
How so?

Will kaladesh introduce the new long awaited sixth color to the game?
We've all been waiting for purple, but instead its going to be Brown

A guy here (and then later on in r/custommtg) created a mechanic called crew, in which you were attaching creatures to the artifacts, a la reverse equipments.

This crew mechanic, even by the name, looks a lot like it, but misses that cool and fun gameplay factor. I'm really sad and probably will be whenever I look at crew cards.

They're not?!

>Dwarf Smith
>Using a human sized table
Holy fucking shit. This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read on this site. The Magic side of Veeky Forums is retarded beyond salvaging.

We're not?!

Some cards create clue tokens while others create energy counters.
The cards that care about clue tokens also make clue tokens. So far, the same has been seen for cards that care about energy counters making energy counters.

Clue tokens and energy counters are both resources that are created by some cards and both created and cared about by other cards. But there's no evidence of a card caring about either of them while being unable to create them, which is the definition of parasitism.

>his workbench should be at an uncomfortable height for him so you can better relate to him being a dwarf

k

>not non-token ETB
oh boy

>Will kaladesh introduce the new long awaited sixth color to the game?

You are a few sets behind son

Its much more about the longevity of a mechanic. Its fucking stupid to create a game altering mechanic and then only use it for one set. THAT is the problem.

They can only shove in so many cards into a set. This means mechanics will never mature and explore all possible options. A "parasitic" mechanic would lose that title if the mechanic was taken into other sets and the card pool for that mechanic expanded.

Its only bad when they do nothing with it which is what WotC always does. They introduce this cool new thing t hen we never see it again. If they were scared and over costed it or didn't know what to do with it fully fuck you its gone now and you will never see it again. Go play the new mechanic they made for the new set.

thats what i meant?

The Aethersworn are genderless actually. They're what Ashiok is.

Some cards about clue tokens, but Investigate is a totally non parasitic mechanic. Investigate is just a fancy way of doing modal cantrips. Cantrips are classically considered as costing 2 when attached to a spell already worth the full cost. That's why Investigate costed 2, why all early cycle cards cost 2, etc.

The Consul are the bad guys. Anyone who oppresses Chandra is evil.

So all non-evergreen mechanics are parasitic.

News just in, WotC needs to stop making new mechanics unless they'll be evergreen.

>not aetherborn bird

except you're missing one crucial thing:

Energy counters are balanced around having multiple energy producers and are useless on their own
Clue tokens are balanced around working in a vacuum and only a small few cards care about using them as a resource

clue is just a delayed cantrip that works on its own and could be printed on any card and balanced around without caring about what else its run with

energy is useless on its own because the costs are so high compared to how fast 1 card can produce it

He isn't even saying mods should remove the posts, just saying that constant unfunny shitposting makes the threads worse and just derails discussion. There is no boogie man here censoring you, just anons saying if you are gunna shitpost and derail the thread you can at least try and be original or funny instead of posting le epic meme that is stale as fuck

That doesn't look all that to be honest.

is this good enough to see play in bw tokens in modern? seems like it

Ah my bad. To be fair, Aethersworn seem to be sinister if not outright bad.

I'm getting really fucking tired of the abundance of +1/+1 counters and creature tapping these days.

man, lupine prototype is a pretty good pilot. I bet that fucker can fly anything

Were you the kid that responded with 'Why?' every time someone said something to you?

I'll agree that it's more parasitic than Investigate, due to requiring other 'energy counters matter' cards in order to actually use the energy counters but provided that it's handled in a similar fashion to Investigate, it should be fine.

Recall the SoI spoiler season where everyone was calling Investigate parasitic, unplayable garbage.

>I HATE NEW THINGS! I'M OVERSTIMULATED! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Eat your tendies, honey.

Or Introduce a mechanic and use it in the next three sets or so until you've done everything you can with it an the players agree its been properly priced and powered.

If a mechanic is introduced and its not the heart of a top 8 deck go back to the drawing board and try again.

He's being sarcastic

DID SOMEONE SAY ETHERSWORN?
HOLL AT YO BOY MY FAV ALARA CARD

>4 mana
>Dies to bolt
>Requires a long setup

Fuck sake Veeky Forums is phenomenally bad at magic

Whats the public sanitation like on Kaladesh?
Do waste materials get swept up into the aetherstream being piped around the city?

Are you the armchair art critic on the internet who can't actually explain how or why the things he pointed out are bad?

Okay dad, next time make sure to send me the posting guidelines and the shock-necklace that fries my braincells every time I have fun.
Some of us still enjoy the india memes from /pol/, let us have a little fun. You can just filter poo in loo and designated if you're so triggered by it. Have a nice day user

I've never seen as much AUTISM as in this and the last thread.
Jesus christ.

Move to North Korea

Nigga he did

Oh lord, I'm the triggered one!

I don't think so, I mean it's basically just a seasoned Marshal effect. Does B/W tokens need that?

I want the Phyrexians to invade Kaladesh and ethnically cleanse the whole damn plane already.

No, just bad at Modern. Modern is trash anyway.

>All pretend

Not as bad as the threads about C mana.

No you didn't. You literally just listed the things that were bad. You didn't explain why they were bad.