Stat me Veeky Forums

Stat me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IL9EqBQHI08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like Samus, but less so.

Most annoying ball form in multi-player on the DS/10

Weavel with a competent player will lock down an entire room. Sylux is a close second for me if you know how to chaim bomb properly.

Metroid thread on Veeky Forums? Long time no see.

Space pirates: Possibly the most PC alien race?

The Volt Driver apparently uses the planet's electromagnetic field to launch multi-Terawatts of energy his enemy. I wonder what this says about Metroid's weapons considering how this weapon is one of the weaker damage-wise.

At the same time, you have regular non-mutant bottom-feeder-scavangers surviving blasts from samus arm cannon. I don't thing one should look too closely on power levels or numbers in metroid.

The Power Beam isn't so strong though. The Plasma Beam & Charge Beam make it far better.

Metroid actually gets fairly ridiculous if you look.

>The Judicator approaches Absolute Zero
>The Annihilator Beam is a matter-antimatter weapon
>Self destruct systems on space stations can vaporize planets
>Apparently the Speed Booster upgrade is based on a natural Chozo ability to run faster than the speed of sound
>See above but also the Morph Ball

>In Metroid Prime the planet Zebes has a listed mass of 4.8 trillion teratons, giving it a mass and therefore gravity over 860 times greater than Earth
>Samus was running around under 860 times Earth's gravity at 3 years old

People in the comics have frozen suns, Hunters took place at literally another galaxy, implying spacecraft like Samus' ship can travel distances that far at negligible times, not to mention the life forms themselves. Even baby Metroids need to be frozen & 5 missiles or 5 power bombs & the X-Parasites are just freaky.

Metroid Prime Hunters 2 when!!! It was my life. I have 2 copies of the game, both 5 star hunters.

>That secret MP3 ending with Sylux's ship following samus
>still no follow up, and we've had Other M and Fed Force to deal with

Didn't Samus tank a nuke in that comic?

Given the freaky shit she does, I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

I played the game constantly for like 2 years, and my tier list would be like this:

God Tier:

Sylux (alt form is nearly uncatchable and can one hit kill. Ultimate hit and run)

Trade (purely for getting easy access to the Imperialist on every stage)

Noxus (ONLY if using the unlimited range freeze glitch. Near instant death from anywhere that even goes through cover)

Top Tier:

Samus (Incredibly strong and fast alt form that can do crazy damage while immune to head shots. Missiles are extremely common, powerful, and her homing ability with them makes them devastating at range)

Mid Tier:

Noxus (without glitch: can do devastating damage with good map awareness. Solid alt lets him escape fairly well)

Spire (Magmaul does solid damage, and can hide somewhat with wall climbing ability in alt)

Kanden (Rapid fire Volt Drivers with good aim can do scary damage. His alt form sucks and he can't escape for shit sadly)

Low Tier:

Weavel (Battlehammer has the weakest dps, and his alt form actually makes him easier to kill by halving his hp. If both players have high level aim and map knowledge, Weavel is always at a massive disadvantage)

I just realized we never did get any stats.

>no one wants to stat Kanden
Fine, stat Sylex then.

Like Samus, but less so.

>relatively popular/10

>Low
>Weavel

You've must have never had some cheeky fuck put the turret inside the walls of Combat Hall

>>In Metroid Prime the planet Zebes has a listed mass of 4.8 trillion teratons, giving it a mass and therefore gravity over 860 times greater than Earth
>>Samus was running around under 860 times Earth's gravity at 3 years old
That's generally assumed to be a misplaced decimal point. If you read it as billions instead of trillions, it comes out to slightly less than Earth's gravity, which is a much more reasonable figure.

Yeah, a slightly reduced gravity would explain how a lot of the floating aliens can, how those jumpers jump that way, how the Chozo can run faster than sound and how Mother Brain's battle form can support her head with that tiny neck.

Stand Name: Lockjaw
Stand Master: Sylux
Power: A
Speed: A
Range: E
Durability: C
Precision: D
Federation Hateboner: A

desu I want more of Trace's species. They seem like a pretty big deal in setting, but we know fuckall about them. A major enemy empire that isn't Space Pirates would be a nice change of pace as well.

Boba Fett is a shit

All I remember from that game was using Noxus due to the freeze gun being able to kill people who tried to do bullshit like using a glitch to hide inside a wall
It was an okay game, but I really wouldn't go out of my way to play a DS shooter

We're never going to get a follow up to this guy story are we?

I actually thought it was one of the feworld good DS shooters that came out. I also have that thumb strap that came with the original DS with the little plastic bit which made controlling the game pretty comfortable

Made me think my screen was dirty/10

Stat me Veeky Forums

Lake samus, but less so.

Crotch cannon/10

Pretty sure Metroid Prime happened on it's own?
Maybe the Chozo's fault, but definitely not the Space Pirates.

>Possibly the most PC alien race?
Races plural, otherwise yes.

Federation Force is extremely light on exploration, and is only passable for solo play,
but the mechanics and controls feel closer to the Metriod: Prime games than Hunters did.

There's a character in F-Zero that's basically a Samus expy.
Actually, most F-Zero chaarcters are expys, it helps to think of Metroid and F-Zero as sharing a setting.

>gun is touching their head
>pulls it away to shoot them

>gun touching head
>pulls away to shoot

I thought they were one race (except for a few of the leaders), just that they bio- and cybermodded the hell out of themselves first chances they get.

Can walk on his arms/10

Weavel could clip out of the walls on just about every single map.
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I can only thin of *one* spot on *one* map where most of the other characters could.
Dude was fucking invincible if you were an asshole.

"Zebesian" Space Pirates are explicitly a separate race, not just a separate strain.
>they bio- and cybermodded the hell out of themselves first chances they get.
All of the Space Pirates do this too, so their race often gets really ambiguous.

As someone who played Hunters on its prime (since release actually), Weavel's main strats are either having godly aim or noclipping the turret and jump around like a monkey on speed slashing people or baiting them into your turret. The latter was the most used because even with good aim, the battlehammer was weak as all kinds of hell (and being an arcing weapon, it was also harder to aim than the moulder thing from Spire, this was only better because of afterburn damage)
So yeah, in combat hall, you become weavel, go to that corner with the little rocks and noclip yourself inside a wall and get free kills.
God i miss this game, so much fun.

In the NA version of Metroid Prime, the Space Pirates managed to capture the Metroid Prime briefly and tried to study it, but it broke containment and absorbed some of their weapons and defense screens. This was meant to explain why it had seemingly mechanical weapons and constantly shifted its weaknesses, but gave rise to the plot hole of the Metroid Prime somehow getting through the Chozo forcefield around the Impact Crater.

Meanwhile the PAL and Trilogy versions replace some of the lore scans so that the Space Pirates merely detected that Metroid Prime existed but never actually encountered it. So nobody got through the forcefield but now Metroid Prime has mysterious weapons and shields. IIRC these versions are the ones considered canon, so yeah the Space Pirates had nothing to do with it.

It's ambiguously both. The ones in the Prime series are unexplained but very different, while most 2D games will have Zebesians but also other species like Kihunters that are also considered Space Pirates.

>They are known for stealing galactic trading ships and leaving the crews stranded in space
>leaving the crews stranded in space
>stranded
>IN SPACE

So is it a nice way of saying that they space them or are they left sitting on random asteroids waving at passing starships?

Presumably the survive.
Leaves more opportunity to steal from them in the future.
And leaving them on-board allows better evidence disposal.

Personally, I think it's a pretty cheap retcon to justify having all the Space Pirates in the Prime games look nothing like the Zebesian ones in the main games. I'd have preferred if they had done something nice with those ones instead of going in their own weird aesthetic direction.

Then again, it's also kind of questionable to have an entire species of space pirates. At first you could say that they're just the main species of this one particular pirate crew, but apparently that's literally what the species is called. Even though every other species has a name that sounds like an actual species name.

Hold on. What if the pirates are called "pirates" because of all the gene modding they do? They aren't really just one "species" at all, they're a group that gives themselves whatever genes they find useful for their purpose. They don't just steal resources and technology from other races, they hunt them for their DNA to find new and useful bioforms to incorporate into future pirate generations. That's why they're a species of Space Pirates. And that's why they're interested in Samus, the last Chozo warrior.

>I'd have preferred if they had done something nice with those ones
The general implication is that the Space Pirates on Zebes wear a lot of (biological?) (grafted?) armor.
If art is anything to go by, then the Space Pirates in Prime 1 were (pre-retcon?) intended to be the same guys.
>instead of going in their own weird aesthetic direction.
I liked the "pull off armor and downgrade them into weaker enemies types then kill them once they're the weakest type" thing myself.
The insect aesthetic was kind of weird though.

>And that's why they're interested in Samus, the last Chozo warrior.
You can't go 10 yards on a Chozo planet without kicking up a tomb.
Plus, they *literally* had a Chozo in their High Command at one point.
I'm sure they've got plenty of Chozo DNA on file.

They've got multiple "Homeworlds".
That might just be Nintendo misusing the term, but I would assume each Space Pirate "species" has it's own Homeworld.

>the most PC alien race
Similar taste in pets, even.

Minidump end.

Isn't that concept art for a kihunter?

Samus, why are you walking like that?

It's some sort of metroid prime concept art. I don't think it was used, but I only played the first and half of echoes so I'm not sure.

Stat me tg.

Like Samus, but less so.

Made me smile, user.

Is Weavel a kihunter?

Difficult to say, since he's a full-body cyborg and all. It is stated that he was injured fighting Samus in brinstar, so kihunter is a possibility.
Actually, were there any "normal" Zebesian space pirates in brinstar?I don't think there were, so probably a kihunter then.

Weavel is a cyborg with a wang cannon. He could have started as any of the pirate races.

I think it's a retcon. The series tends to do that. The Omega Metroid from Fusion was nowhere alike the other ones judging by how you kill it with only the Ice Beam & no Super Missiles. In fact, it looks like Fusion retconned it so cold is a Metroid's #1 weakness.

>tfw you will never play a Metroid Prime Hunters 2 which has separate story modes for each of the different hunters

If nothing else, Weavel's armor has a kihunter aesthetic.

Prime 3 and Federation Force both have Sylux show up in the ending cutscene.
If nothing else he will be relevant in an upcoming game.

I just hope that we see more of Metroid Prime. If the virtual console Hunters is successful enough, we might even see a Wii U Hunters 2.

>>instead of going in their own weird aesthetic direction.
>I liked the "pull off armor and downgrade them into weaker enemies types then kill them once they're the weakest type" thing myself.
>The insect aesthetic was kind of weird though.
They were always rather arthropod looking.

She's playing music in her helmet and snapping to the tune.

Iirc Sylux was confirmed to be the focal point for Prime 4, if it were to ever be made which it won't be.

Looks to be more hip mounted.

>Prime 3 and Federation Force both have Sylux show up in the ending cutscene.
>If nothing else he will be relevant in an upcoming game.
I need to play Prime 3 at some point but have no Nintendo consoles anymore

Hell Prime 1 as well i think the only one I've played all the way through was Prime 2. (Even got close to the 100% ending.)

>Actually, were there any "normal" Zebesian space pirates in brinstar?
There were not, but Samus kills two there in one of the manga.
That said, the Brinstar kihunters are the ones that match Weavel's aesthetic.
But the real question remains: Was he a kihunter? Or a Zero?
Are Zero even sentient? Do they go to kihunter school?

>baby Metroids need to be frozen
they don't need to be frozen in the best metroid games

Freezing them just makes killing them easier. Concussive force on its own does work, just less efficiently. Other Meme be fucking damned.

Metroids have a lot of different strains depending on where they're raised. Prime Metroids are known the Tallon strain and they're weaker than Zebes Metroids.

That's just gubbinz.

He was drawn to attention in the game that was released not 3 weeks ago.
He might not be the focal point for "Prime 4", but he'll be a focal point for an upcoming Metroid game.

At the end of Prime 3 his ship (a new one, but his aesthetic and confirmed to be him) shows up and follows Samus after she flies off.
At the end of Federation Force he steals a Metroid while deep inside the base testing really shit prototype equipment based off of Samus's tech.

How is FedForce anyway?

Zebes metroids aren't natural. They've been extensively mutated by the space pirates, and in super they're all heavily engineered clones of the infant metroid.

I can't remember if larval metroids on SR388 required freezing, but I'm pretty sure ice wasn't required to beat the game (since you could only have one beam upgrade at a time).

I think there was only one map where he could very easily reach a place that no other character could (Combat Hall). On those he'd go up a tier. But for the most part, I don't think it was too useful. Definitely not as strong as Noxus's almighty "shadow freeze" glitch.

Mechanics are alright, feels like a Metroid Prime game.
No real exploration though. It's all short instances, decent level design at least.
Definitely better in multiplayer player, but single player isn't awful.

And just about every single thing besides the mechanics are fucked to hell and back.

None of the Metroids are natural.
The Chozo created them from scratch as a counter measure to the X parasites.

let me rephrase

Zebes metroids aren't chozo original. They're bootleg copies made by hitting metroids with gamma rays until they split. Presumably that's why they cannot be harmed unless frozen, though that's more likely just a abstraction for the sake of gameplay, since Mother Brain was perfectly capable of killing THE BABY with an energy weapon despite its obvious mutation.

Aren't the Zebesians supposed to be patterned off Ridley?

He's apparently the 'original Zebesian', but we don't really know what that means. It could be that he was once indigenous, or he was the general in charge of taking the planet.

Are they?

I know they're supposed to be clones, but has ridley ever been straight up linked to them? also they're not cute enough to be patterned off of him

>I want more of Trace's species
Seconding this.

>They seem like a pretty big deal in setting
They were a big deal in the Tetra Galaxy, but only Hunters takes place there.

Ugh, why the fuck would the GFed even clone Ridley in the first place?
Particularly going off Other M's fast and loose canon, where he's apparently been a mindless animal this whole time yet has managed to fuck the GFed's shit twice up on pure instinct anyway.

I swear they had several someones high on on the command chain huffing Space Pirate juice just to make sure Sakamoto's boner for Weyland-Yuanti and their awful ideas got sufficiently stroked.

Were the Kriken from the Tetra Galaxy?
I thought only Trace was there.

Because he's fucking cute. Look at that wagging tail.

I'll rag on a lot about that game, but the designs were pretty great, federation troops aside.

According to the files in Other M, they didn't know it was Ridley. Some insane mad scientist just decided "Hey Samus must have some blood or guts of some super-strong monster we can augment the fuck out of for military purposes" & cloned some shit. One of the results was that little bird they thought was harmless & just kept as a housepet. The Federation were the same psychopaths thinking of militarizing the X-Parasites & cloning Metroids so clearly they're insane enough.

Yeah, I can see it. Works for me!

Why did the baby/Super Metroid get so huge, anyway? Shouldn't it have evolved into an Alpha, Beta, etc. instead of just getting really big in it's infant form?

>Why did the baby/Super Metroid get so huge, anyway?
nintendo power has all the answers you need

Metroids can't follow their natural metamorphosis path outside of SR388's environment. All that energy-food just made Super Baby grow really huge.

>IN SPADES
This being a 90s comic, I was expecting actual assault and battery with a shovel. I'm disappointed now.

Who AM2R here?

The Torizo through me for a fucking loop. I didn't expect the second form at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=IL9EqBQHI08

>Some insane mad scientist just decided "Hey Samus must have some blood or guts of some super-strong monster we can augment the fuck out of for military purposes"
They weren't insane, there job was to try check everything they could get a hold of for potential weapon use.

It definitely said Ridley was instinctually clever and cowardly, but did it really say Ridley was mindless? Because that would definitely have been a retcon.

It's okay, but that's about it. Wish it borrowed more from SR388/Super Metroid instead of Zero Mission.

also the metroid battle music is fucking terrible. A faithful recreation of the gameboy music, sure, but still fucking terrible.

Honestly I found it to be a tie for my favorite 2D Metroid between in and Fusion, but different strokes for different folks I guess.

I mean I love zero mission. I also love metroid 2. They're my two favorite games in the series.

I just don't dig am2r that much, even if I know it's not bad.

No, Sakamoto is actually so bad what we see in OtherM is what they managed to restrain him from fucking up harder. He's like George Lucas, when he doesn't have somebody telling him 'no that is stupid' we get the edited versions of Star Wars and OtherM

I just can't play the original Metroid 2 for any length, as its ear rape for me in a number of places. Say what you will about AM2R's Metroid battle music tracks, but the original was just straight up unpleasant.

Stat me Veeky Forums