The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread: Previously: The Ice Age Continues.

Writefagging last time: Flight from Stensia

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/BanTuFfX
strawpoll.me/11139798
strawpoll.me/11139799
strawpoll.me/11139800
strawpoll.me/11139801
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxenY5MlJDWl9pNW8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVEk5VW55emViVDA
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxV09OU1RpcjJFTkE
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxQzJSXzBlNFd0WVk
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcDNaaG0xR0x2YzA
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxbklJWVNaMDRmMjg
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTXRKOU8yZGNacjQ/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYnlIX21uaFZFMXM
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNnVnU2NVOFFJVWM
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNHFXVVFvQnpJX3M/view?usp=sharing
strawpoll.me/11142679
strawpoll.me/11142680
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxS0JaTUhaTHl5NWM
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVlh3dERYdWdpVzg
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVmRkQ1h0VzJUc0k
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWGt6M0JaWmEzZ0U
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdGQ0QlpkS3BSN1U
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxM2xWdV9GM2JyZEU
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWC1KbUxQVFdRTXc
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcDJQUXdGQzJoLXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 second image

>mfw Serena ducks up.

An army of these horrific hybrids of naked mole rats, ant-eaters an rust monsters want to eat your flake's gear.

What does your flake do?

Reposting question from last thread:

How much magic can a freshly awakened planeswalker learn in, let's say, a decade, starting from nothing?

White and blue. Illusions, counters, tapping/untapping, cantrips, hieromancy.

u cheeky cunt

Cute!

Is there a way to watch the creative panel?

White and blue are the colors of regimented, disciplined learning. There are no sudden flashes of insight, there is no bargaining with great powers for an easier chance to learn these powers, there is no sudden surge of power in times of great turmoil.

Nonetheless, personal prowess matters a great deal. If they're a sort of prodigy, they could easily end up at Jace-tier. If they're fairly average, they'd probably just be as smart as your typical planebound wizard. But the only way to advance in that sort of magic is to just persevere and study your butt off.

I did? I was only half paying attention when I made this one.

One of the character's preferred "spells" is Bandage. What does this tell you about them?

So we can confirm the repository is just dead-dead now, right? No one can go in and update it?
I'd really like Thane’s updated sheet to be in there when his turn at the ice age comes up.

They're the type of person who doesn't rely on magic for healing. At least I think that's what Bandage means. It's also a cantrip, implying they value knowledge rather highly.

You can just make a new repository and download everything into it from the old one.

ICE AGE, RESULTS WHEN

You're as obnoxious as the twit who kept on demanding updates to the snowstorm when I still maintained it.

good

I would if I could trust myself to actually pay attention to these threads as much as Gaea-user did.

I'll update it. Post it.

You're the best user.
pastebin.com/BanTuFfX
And some writefagging.

Wait, someone else has access to the repo?

Hot damn. The storm can continue.

Nope. Still Gaia user. Just forgot to put the tag on

is
is the match decided yet?

He said that it'd be a few hours before the next update, probably IRL stuff or sleep

ohhhh, shit, I missed that. Thanks, thane

Did you see the story I posted in the last thread? Just an updated version of an existing Ussa story that I'd like to have replace the old version. Thanks!

Oh, oops, nevermind, you did. Sorry. You should get rid of the old version, though.

So a creature for kaladesh was spoiled that was both an artificer AND a druid.
that's kinda a big deal flavor-wise, isn't it? Druids are supposed to be the most anti-artifact, right?

done

It almost looked like she was using her artifacts to direct the growth of plants, like how you tie wire around bonsai trees and whatnot.

she seems to be doing to plants what etherium does to people.
This is a huge deal, holy shit. Green artifice from a plane other than mirrodin

Reminder, polls need voting on:
>strawpoll.me/11139798
>strawpoll.me/11139799
>strawpoll.me/11139800
>strawpoll.me/11139801

Amusing fact, Ireth and Kixdle both gained enough votes to equalize since this thread was made.

The other way around of Druids and elves on Kaladesh can feel the way the aether moves through the air, and they manipulate the metal to best serve that need or something.
As another user put it
Worldbuilding tl;dr: elves have aethervision in this plane and are best at guiding aether around as it is a core part of the ecosystem of kaladesh. They are also why everything metal has a curved organic look.

I'm super excite for green kaladesh stuff

same with vanya and ireth
spiders = squirrels apparently, the two true faces of green.

TEN MINUTE CALL, FOLKS.

YYYYYEEEEEE

AT LAST

YOU HATH RETURNED

HE IS RISEN

There are a lot of almost-tied matches
So, who would dare to cast new votes?

The following flakes move on to the next round:

>Vanya
>The Cathar
>Kixdle
>Huija

The next batch will be posted shortly.

aww, no squirrel girl, but ok, will wait for next batch!

You got the goblin girl through, Despognak. Be happy with that much.

The next batch of flakes is as follows:

>Ivander
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxenY5MlJDWl9pNW8

>King Artorius Pendraig
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVEk5VW55emViVDA

>Kaina
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxV09OU1RpcjJFTkE

>Myrina
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxQzJSXzBlNFd0WVk

>Tristram
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcDNaaG0xR0x2YzA

>Serena
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxbklJWVNaMDRmMjg
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTXRKOU8yZGNacjQ/view?usp=sharing

>Unit IV
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYnlIX21uaFZFMXM

>Anna
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNnVnU2NVOFFJVWM
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNHFXVVFvQnpJX3M/view?usp=sharing

DISCUSS!

actually, is Ka'koarm user, not those guys. I just like that meme, but it's understandable that she lost.

Unit IV has an artificial spark, toss it, it shouldn't be here.

>Unit IV

Phyrexians can't be planeswalkers. Out it goes.

Unit IV is a created flake and Phyrexian flake, ban he.
King Artorius Pendraig is a joke flake that's just a straight rip off of King Arthur. Ban he.
Kaina has no actual bio or powers, we know nothing about her. Ban she.

I think the king arthur flake can stay. Besides the joke origins it otherwise checks out I think. Maybe?

Kaina has damn near nothing to learn about her character on her bio, so I don't think we can guess her ability well.

HERE WE GO!

I agree with these about Unit Iv. But was Artorius actually a joke flake?

Kaina, Tristram, and Unit IV all look like problematic flakes to me.

What do the rest of you think?

I believe in you, darling. The power of Avacyn will smite your enemies. You can do it.

And down goes Remes.

Well, I was bound to lose a flake somewhere. I've still got one in waiting, too.

why is tristram problematic? I don't like him, but I don't think I can see the problem. Is it with his home plane?

>Tristram
Damn. That is a wall of text that my outdated prescription doesn't want to read. Tldr?

Actually, it's the part where he drags an angel with him through the multiverse via literal plot armor..

It was so long I didn't even notice that.

That's a definite ban he.

ahhhh, if that's the case then no, I don't think he can do that, unless he's physically wearing the angel somehow.
is... is he? Eww.

Also, he is a human from Serra's Realm during the pre-mending. There's no way he would still be alive.

Made of mana or not, I doubt an angel can be turned into a suit of armor.

Young boy lived on Serra's realm and thought angel's were great. Mom made fake wings and he put them on and jumped off a roof. Angel kept him from going splat and showed him a good time. She is now his best friend all his life. When his knight training is done SERRA HERSELF turns the angel into living armor for the boy-now-"man" to wear
Phyrexia invades and they get their shit pushed in, Tristram planeswalks away and now the angel can defuse with his armor and become a companion that rides on him as armor whenever he planeswalks.

Yes, yes he is.

No, it looks like the armor he's wearing bonds him to the angel and calls it to wherever he goes somehow?

I'd say if he got away before urza collapsed it he would have survived, but the angel armor fiasco is not something that we can let slide, he goes.

My mistake. Still it seems as if the armor can rip the angel across the blind eternities to his side. That's a lore break, especially after the mending.

The match-ups are as follows:

>Ivander VS Unit IV
Ivander gets a bye to the next round as the result of Unit IV's disqualification.

>King Artorius Pendraig VS Serena

>Kaina VS Tristram
Amazingly, both flakes have been disqualified.

>Anna VS Myrina

DISCUSS!

>Artorius and Serena
Serena gets it due to being a rage-filled angel. The Arthur-expy is trampled.
>Anna and Myrina
The satyr gets this one. Myrina gets it from a combination of natural superiority, experience and superior magic.

The way I see it Serena has the upperhand in a 1v1, she has way more combat experience on him due to sheer age as well as natural advantages in terms of physique and magic. Anyone with creature based strategies is going to have a hard time against her as anyone who has played against my flavour deck in cockatrice can attest.

eyyy, fuck you too.

Sorry Leonfriend, my temper is too fiery for you.

>Arthur vs Serena
I think Serena's got this, but not as easy as the others seem to think. Arthur's got greater numbers and protection, and the only reason it isn't a toss-up in my mind is because of serena's aerial superiority and lightning helix is hax in regards to ranged combat.

>Anna vs Myrina
probably Myrina, far more combat-capable and with stronger bonds to the magic she weilds, a better magic user and a better fighter, so she has a good deal of advantage here.

>Artorius vs Serena
Innistrad angels are very powerful and Serena, FUCKING PISSED, is no exception to that, and she's a planeswalker on top of that. Serena by a country mile.

>Anna VS Myrina

I honestly don't know. They seem pretty evenly matched. Seems like it could go either way to me.

It's okay. Gisela has (or should I say had) a power greater than 4, so my explicitly optimized for combat flake still has a chance.

POLLS!

strawpoll.me/11142679
strawpoll.me/11142680

Anna would need to out value Myrina early on or stall long enough to hit the satyr in the face with a big creature. I think the task mage could make it happen, but it would involve heavy sideboarding.

Wow, I actually feel bad.

>Serena feels bad about killing Saber
So this is what it takes to make angel hitler feel bad.

TEN MINUTE CALL!

I get massively upset about almost everything bad that happens to people in any game/fiction I enjoy as you well know. It takes very little to make angel hitler feel bad.

COME ON SAIBA FANS, YOU CAN DO IT
I BELIEVE IN YOU
looks like he's not getting the grail this time either :3c

you may need to flip tiebreaker for that serena fight

hah

You won't be laughing for long~

Oh? Do tell.

Oh, look. A coin toss.

The following flakes advance to the next round:

>Ivander
>Serena
>Anna

Only five batches of flakes left before Round One is finally concluded.
If you're still waiting for someone to appear, it could very well be tonight.

The next batch of flakes is as follows:

>Salicia
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxS0JaTUhaTHl5NWM

>Kaya
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVlh3dERYdWdpVzg

>Iriqi
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVmRkQ1h0VzJUc0k

>Grandma Swamp
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWGt6M0JaWmEzZ0U

>Gaia
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdGQ0QlpkS3BSN1U

>Thane
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxM2xWdV9GM2JyZEU

>Leeharll
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWC1KbUxQVFdRTXc

>Kikiki
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcDJQUXdGQzJoLXM

DISCUSS!

Sorry, I'm very drunk, atm. So I'm very oblivious as to what is going on.

>Gaia
THE STEAMROLL BEGINS

>Thane
It's time!

>Gaia is right there
Fuck!

>Anna moves on
NO TAKE BACKS

I would like to say in her original bio Gaia was hooked to the plane and being reduced to neowalker level means her plane collapses and kills her like it did in her story.

That's cheap. The only way her opponent hopes to win. But cheap.

Is Gaia even enterable anymore? What version of her will be fighting?

There is in fact no guarantee that you would have to fight Gaia just because your names appear next to each other on the list. I randomize the first list so that you can't guess the match-ups until after we start disqualifying.

Oh I know, it's just that the chance is there. It's the whole "One door has a prize, one door has nothing, and one door has a man eating alligator" mindset.

If we're using the core Gaia, ban she. She's the comatose soul of a world, unless she's awake. Keep in mind that according the rules, if she is awake, she's reduced to the same level as other walkers and her world-building abilities mean almost nothing. Gaia genuinely isn't that strong in this format, if she's acceptable at all.

So either Gaia is not a viable entry or Gaia is relatively under-powered and under-whelming.

That's hilarious.

So what you do
Is you take Gaia
and whatever her opponent is
and you throw them into a vague location
and you treat them as non-meme, post-mending walkers.

And then you figure out who would win if they fought.

I know that I just put that ridiculously, but that's really pretty much it. You take characters out of their context, you bind them to the same rules, and they battle.

She may not have that raw power, but she still has the knowledge and spell-selection of a FUCKING OLD oldwalker who made a plane. That's still scary as hell.

Not that guy, but there is three different fightable gaias of different, yet all high, levels of power and fighting ability that need to be considered. Gaia's user says her postmending survived Gaia has access to lots of the same spells. We rolling with that?

Just letting everyone know that we have equipment in the lore that becomes (houses) creatures. Pic related.

I suspect the soul would either be forced out of it or be destroyed were someone to attempt planeswalking while it was ensouled.

And the disadvantage of being a world soul for eons is that she's probably severely off-kilter when she awakes at last and probably not used to using her magic in any combat situation.

The potential for power is there but she needs to shake off the cobwebs and remember, she's a world-builder first and a combatant second, if that.

If anyone has questions, just ask. Damn, why couldn't this have happened while I was sober? Oh well. This is fun anyhow.

Admittedly, I figured Gaia would be the talking point of this round. That's some big, unusual backstory to take into account.

Also, another example of artifacts becoming critters.

All I advise is do not fall for the meme magic of Gaia.

No matter how powerful Gaia once was, she is depowered to the same level as other planeswalkers, she was never a fighter primarily and she has a lot of drowsiness to shake off tens of thousands of years spent comatose.

Consider this when rating her fight. I won't call for her disqualification though.