We try and predict confusing 40k situations

So lets say eldar attack a human colony. Mabye its one of their ancestral homes. Mabye it houses something they desperatley need. The reason why isnt important.

They are victorious. They slaughter every man and woman on the planet above 14. What do they do with the children?

Lets assume they need to stay on the planet for a while for whatever reason. So they cant just leave a beacon for the humans to come to the childrens rescue. What do they do? Kill them? Take them with them? Drop them off with a trusted rogue trader they deal with?

IDK. Maybe drop them off at a free planet, or a maiden world.
Although, I'd say it would be odd for Eldar to slaughter every adult and leave the kids. Either they'd kill the kids, too, or they would accept surrender. Plus, if the Imperials decided they were going to fight to the last man, I can't imagine they'd let the kids off. If you're too small for a lasgun, you're on mortar duty. If you're too small for mortar duty you're a mine sweeper. If you're too small to walk, we will THROW YOU AT THE XENOS.

>The reason why isnt important
I think the reason why is important in this question. If they regard this as one of their own worlds they migh eradicate every other race from it. It might also depend on the Craftworld, Biel-Tan might do something like this. If they are just there for a specific objective, they might just kill anyone resisting, get the thing and then fuck off, not caring what will happen to them.

I am with this user here. I mean, if the colony is big enough that every man and woman sells their life dearly in a valiant defence, then the children will be inducted into service too. If the colony is not that big, Eldar will either deal with minimal necessary casualities due to superior Eldar tactics or simply avoid being seen at all.

Still, if we weould imagine a situation when for some random reason and because of Eldar actions, they are left with a bunch of children, my guess would be that 9 out of 10 times they would drop them off at the nearset colony (as they are not like the barbarous Mon'Keigh) or, in 1 out of 10 situation, kill them, calling it "neutralisation" or whatever (and saying something like terrible things have to be done for the survival of the Eldar race)

Was the human colony agrarian, industrial? Did they have contact with the Imperium?

I dare say the Eldar minus Biel-tan could entertain a peaceful coexistence with non-imperial humans as long as they are under a certain population or tech level. Knowledge/worship of (or lack of) Chaos may also be a factor.

HAHA, you delusional fuck why would they NOT kill the children or worse?

I can see hear this being said.

>Let the dirty Mon-Keigh litter fend for themself in the jungles! Fee...

Eldars are CUNTS by default.

>Eldars are CUNTS by default.
Yeah, to people FIGHTING them. There are no instances of garden variety craftworld Eldar just straight up murdering children for no good reason.
They're crafty dickwads, but not stupidly evil.

What if the Blood Ravens pull the heist of the millennium?

but heist I mean they save Isha they are already on nurgles shit list

I don't think the imperium would accept the child back.

think about it. A bunch of xenos drop off a bunch of kids and say "oh we didn't do anything heretical to them or anything"

those children are as good as firewood.

>imperial guard throwing melta-babies

Resin kit fucking when.

>Space marines somehow fighting through nurgle's garden and not killing isha along with nurgle.

Why the fuck would SM try to rescue isha, even if they just stumbled onto her. FIlthy xeno witch would just get shot at too before she fries them all.

>They slaughter every man and woman on the planet above 14. What do they do with the children?
...why would they leave the children alive?

Oh my goodness how wrong you are. To the Eldar humans are literally animals. If they were going to commit to wiping out everyone over the age of 14 you can bet they would finish off the children to ensure they mature and spawn, requiring the Eldar to come back and do all this over again in a few short decades.

>Not taking a literal Xeno Goddess hostage to begin negotiating said xenos' surrender.

Somebody post the follow up. I need something warm and fuzzy.

*to ensure they didn't mature and spawn

There was a Biel-Tan corsair who relocated the human population of a conquered world to the nearest inhabitable planet. Not sure on how common that is, but in the Path books they talk about how Eldar find unnecessary killing of humans repulsive and they only attack when necessary, so I'd imagine they'd organize some mercy if it wasn't too much trouble.

On the other hand, War-masks renders Eldar emotionless killers without remorse. Aspect Warriors would murder kids without a second thought, so if Eldar had to they could genocide the whole population like they have done many, many times. Furthermore, it's canon that the IG and PDF have child soldiers so it's often pretty unavoidable.

I got you

Yey.

As an Eldar player I can say without hesitation that Craftworld Eldar are dicks but won't go an iota beyond what needs to be done unless they've gone full Khaine like 's pic.

The moment they are done, they will pack shop and jump ship. Dark Crusade put it best when it said that they viewed civil fallout in the same way a man viewed ants after stepping on a nest.

Don't the Eldar help out Imperium forces on occasion? What exactly is the context for that kind of event occurring?

When it would benefit the eldar in some fashion.

So what would a genuine Eldar Occupation feel like? As in you are so cut off that no Imperium force will ever save you and the only sweet release from deathj is through chaos or the xeno invaders.

The Eldar sees the planet filled with psykers and people who are capable of psionic potential and thus saw it fit to deploy a military to subjugate you.

What does oppression under Eldar look like?

If they bothered to keep you alive, it'd be like a livestock farm run by people who don't give a shit.

I am amazed they don't enslave psykers to use as expendable conduits for whatever prophecy they believe in. Sacrifice millions of psykers to fuel an Avatar of Khaine for example.

>or a maiden world
getting people off of their maiden worlds is the thing that usually provokes murderous rampages

they wouldn't just dump refugees on them

Probably not as easy as that sounds. Psykers are also pretty rare.

Actually there was a Human/Eldar planet in that Vulkan novel. The Eldar had saved the humans from the clutches of Deldar raiders and were accepted as saviours by the human population. They co-existed peacefully until Vulkan ruined everything with the humans settlers even fighting to resist Imperial interference.

Why isn't this the most obvious answer in the world. SLAVERY. They would sell the children into SLAVERY. Last time I looked the Eldar were not interested in typical commodities but they still trade in slaves. Eldar would love to sell a bunch of prepubescent humans up and down the webway all across the galaxy. I bet a sizable portion would make their way to the slave markets in Commorragh.

Fuck, they probably even have slave schools and pleasure academies.

>dirty feet
ewwwww

>pleasure academies
>made by a race that has a strict code to avoid the influence of Slaneesh

I don't know, man. Usually they only get pissy if they "Imperialize" the world too much. Like, they'll ignore a colony for hundreds if not thousands of years, only to decide that all Mon'Keigh must die the second they try to build a manufactorum or something.

>until Vulkan ruined everything
alien dominion is unacceptable

he was absolutely right to burn them

>Turned a paradise world into an ashen dystopia
>Killed his own people and burned eldar children

Vulkan has no honour and valued human life less than the Eldar he killed.

I don't think the Eldar would show themselves while droping the children off. They don't like interacting with humans after all.

But if done officialy then yes, we have a lot of new, very compact and small servitors.

Well, that's 40k after all.

>Lets assume they need to stay on the planet for a while for whatever reason. So they cant just leave a beacon for the humans to come to the childrens rescue. What do they do? Kill them?

Yes. In Path of the Seer we're shown that while Eldar wear their war masks they gun down human children and laugh about it.

I wouldnt surprised if they are kept to take an Eldar Path for one purpose which requiref excessive emotions or be sold to Dark Eldar to attack others