Dragonball Quest #96

"Well, then, you should stop slacking off," you tease Krillin.

"Right, I should just quit my job and train for like, a year," Krillin says sarcastically. "Chichi would kill me."

You give Krillin grief, but he might be right about Kori. She is Goku's daughter, and if she's being trained by one of the strongest men in the world, she could grow up to surpass all of you.

Feeling for her energy now, you can't sense much. She's stronger than most kids, that much is obvious, and probably a bit stronger than most adults. But, she's going to have a long way to go if she wants to become a great martial artist.

>>youtube.com/watch?v=KdyRIc5yWa4

"How are Suno an-" you start asking Goku before you feel a colossal energy coming toward the island.

It feels dark, so at first you assume that it's Piccolo, but this energy makes Piccolo look like nothing. In fact, it makes Goku look like nothing.

You can tell that Goku and Krillin feel it too, and the two of them begin searching for the source.

"What is it?" Bulma asks.

"There's a huge power headed right for us!" Goku answers.

"And it's coming in fast!" Krillin adds.

You see something approaching from the distance. As it gets closer, you can plainly see that it isn't Piccolo. It looks human.

The figure slows down and lands on the island, not far from Goku.

He's tall, with long, spiky black hair that stretches down his back. He wears some sort of armor that resembles what one of Kochin's bio-warriors had been wearing, as well as some sort of green eye-piece.

"Well, it took me some time to track you down," the man says, addressing Goku. "But here you are, Kakarot."

"Kaka-what?" Goku asks.

The newcomer chuckles. "Don't play ignorant with me, Kakarot. I would know that face anywhere."

>A. Ask who he is

>B. There's no Kakarot here, that's Goku

>C. Be quiet and let the conversation progress

>D. Something else

BEAR MODE

>C.

Glare at him an sense his power

A
When we throw a car door at child

Wait how did we not notice the tail wrapped around his waist

And I'm Tofoo. Who are you?

It looks kind of like a belt

>D. Krillin, take the kids away from here. Bulma, Chichi, Roshi, you should leave in the ship. This isn't going to be pretty.

Cause it probably looks like a weird belt to us.

Alright I buy that we probably wouldn't notice unless he moves it

this

Seconding

Protip: If the popcorn slows down and pretty much stops popping, you don't just leave it in the microwave anyways.
How about not waiting so long if nobody's really posting.

What?

He's probably writing a novel that goes until we fly off to fight Raditz.

"There's no Kakarot here, that's Goku," you tell the strange man.

He laughs. "You can't lie to me, Earthling. I know my brother."

"Brother?" Goku asks in confusion while you and the others look at the newcomer in shock.

"Yes, the spitting image of our father," the man tells him.

"What are you talking about?" Goku asks.

The newcomer frowns. "You're serious? You don't know who I am? I see, you suffered a blow to the head as an infant, didn't you?"

"What?" Goku asks again, seeming more confused.

"Answer the question, Kakarot!" the man snaps. "Did you hit your head as a baby? It's a simple yes or no!"

"Yeah," Goku answers. "I don't remember it very well. But, when I was real little, I fell and hit my head. I think I still have a scar from it."

The newcomer growls. "That explains it. That explains why you don't know me. That explains why these weak Earthlings are still alive!"

"Why do you keep calling us Earthlings?" Chichi asks.

Well, the implication would be that he isn't one. That's disturbing enough, but what he said about the people of Earth still being alive is even more so.

"Krillin, take the kids away from here," you instruct. "Bulma, Chichi, Roshi, you should leave in the ship. This isn't going to be pretty."

The newcomer smirks at you. "Ah, does one of you have an inkling of the situation they're in?"

You glare at the man, who just smirks wider and looks at Bulma's airship.

"Nobody's leaving," he declares, holding his left hand toward the ship.

A ball of light flies from his palm, and the vehicle explodes in a flaming blast.

"What in the world did you go and do that for?!" Roshi demands.

The man doesn't answer, but gives Goku a cruel grin. "It looks I have a lot to catch you up on, brother."

>A. Ask who he is

>B. Ask the man if he's from outer space

>C. Keep quiet

>D. Something else

When running a quest, the QM generally waits a set period of time (like ten minutes) to allow people to vote before writing up the results.

You know, instead of using their own common sense to tell when most people are done voting.

But there is a writing period. SOM just did that last update in 27 minutes that included waiting for vote time.

Maybe you should be more patient.

>B, ask if he has a tail like Goku's

D. "Goku, i don't have to tell you what kind of power we're facing. We can't fight him here, not with everyone around. We have to push him back, together."

>D. Something else
All right, what do you want?

Is there a way for us to run to king kai's place down snake road with out dying? Something like leaving our life force with Kami and then going to train with him?

"You keep calling us earthlings, are you some sort of "alien"

>D. Viciously slander his mother

Just wish to be transported to Snake Way.

Can you answer this question som?

Also I meant to say without being revived by the dragon balls.

seconded

Ah yeah, It's almost time for Space Racist Tofoo.

>claims to be Goku's brother
>slander his mother
So slander Goku's mother too?

No

Might need to save that wish

We can still starve to death if we go there while alive.

>>B. Ask the man if he's from outer space

Our parents' death wasn't our fault. It was the Saiyans'.

I figure it would be like what elder kai did to bring goku back to life in the buu saga.

[faint "XENO SCUM" in the distance]

The denizens of otherworld along Snake Way can't fight back. Just bring a tub of salt and preserve one whenever we find them, one of them will last us forever on Snake Way.

Blame it on Freeza, for wanting to make his e-peen bigger by taking over the universe,

Frieza is a ningen, Saiyans are ningen. Why not just blame ningen?

Clouds are edible, just gotta watch out for those hands that want to drag people to H.F.I.L

Lewds for dice

OH shit time for raditz to get his ass kicked(hopefully)

"You keep calling us Earthlings," you say to the man. "Are you an alien, then? From outer space?"

"Yes, I come from a far-off world," the newcomer confirms, keeping his eyes on Goku. "Our homeworld, brother. You aren't one of this world's humans. You're a Saiyan, like myself. We're a proud race of warriors, the strongest in the universe!"

"That's nuts," Krillin declares. "Goku can't be from outer space!"

Your friend begins to approach the Saiyan, who just smirks at the small man.

"I think someone must have had a little too much to drink," Krillin declares. "So why don't you fly on home and sleep it off?"

Krillin takes another step, and that's when the man strikes. Something unwraps from his waist and strikes your friend in the face. With a surprised yelp, Krillin goes crashing through the side of Kame House.

"KRILLIN!" Chichi shouts in worry.

Her expression turns to one of pure fury, and she yells as she runs toward the Saiyan. She leaps at him, but before she can even ready an attack, the man grabs her by the throat.

"You're pretty strong for an Earthling," the Saiyan declares. "But still so weak. Kakarot could have destroyed your kind years ago."

"Let her go!" Goku orders.

The Saiyan smirks in his direction as Chichi gasps for air.

"LET HER GO!" Goku repeats, stepping forward.

"Fine, have it your way," the Saiyan says, tossing Chichi to the ground. "I didn't come to fight with you, brother."

As Chichi hits the ground, you take a look at the thing that was wrapped around the Saiyan's waist.

A tail.

"Hey, you have a tail!" Goku observes.

"Of course I do," the man tells him.

He suddenly frowns, a horrified look appearing on his face.

"WHERE'S YOUR TAIL, KAKAROT?!"

>A. It got cut off years ago

>B. You don't get it, if Goku's an alien, what's he doing here?

>C. Warn the Saiyan to leave, now

>D. Something else

>D. Something else
He lost it in combat.

anyway

>>D. By me, and that gave me a taste for it

>D
"This world has pathogens in its atmosphere that prevents things from having tails. Goku's fell off ages ago."

>D. Something else
And I'm totally okay with making it a habit.

>
>God cut it off

>D. "We cut it off years ago, to prevent him from transforming. He loses himself and goes on a rampage when that happens. What did you mean he could have wiped us out years ago? If he came here, it was as a baby. Why would he have wanted to destroy us?"

This

>Oh god this, kek
Sure enough.
"It's why humans don't typically have tails anymore despite being descended from apes."
"The kids that do have them tend to lose them."
Point out Goku's daughter leaving out the parentage.

Then nod sagely despite apes not having tails.
"It's just an inevitable part of life for things that come here."

seconded

Yeah, let's not bullshit the guy who could snap our spine like a twig.

"I cut it off years ago, to prevent Goku from transforming," you tell the Saiyan. "And I'd be more than happy to make a habit of it."

"You talk pretty big for Earth trash," the Saiyan tells you, reaching up and touching his eye piece. "And I can see why. A power level of four-hundred and seventeen, that's almost respectable. Almost. But that's still puny compared to me, so if you wish to prolong your worthless life, you should watch your mouth."

"What did you mean Goku could have wiped us out years ago?" you ask. "He's been here since he was a baby? Why would he have wanted to destroy us?"

"It's what we do," the Saiyan tells you. "We Saiyans are not only great warriors, we're also businessmen. We find planets that will fetch a high price on the galactic market, and once we do, we scour them of all intelligent life to make them ready for sale. On worlds with strong inhabitants, we send out adult warriors, but on worlds such as this, where the inhabitants are pathetic, one of our infants is more than enough."

He smirks toward Goku. "That's how you came to be here, Kakarot."

>A. Ask the others if they're buying any of this

>B. Ask the Saiyan why he's here

>C. Ask the Saiyan his name

>D. Something else

That's exactly why we must bullshit.

See, you never bullshit someone you're stronger than, because punching down just makes you a bully and bullies usually get rekt in the narrative for catharsis.

You only shit-talk people way stronger than yourself because then the story might turn where you get a sudden advantage. "Oh shit nigga why are you picking this fight" turns into a hype moment.

>D. Four hundred and seventeen? That tech over your eye... it can quantify someone's energy? Why would someone as strong as you need something like that?

Well he just said why he's here, to scour the planet of Intelligent life.

>D. Something else
You're sure as fuck not gonna scour MY planet of intelligent life.

And if a power level of 417 is "Pathetic", what's your power level?

((Scope out his power and how it compares to ours))

So what, you're here to kill humanity? And you expect Goku to help?

No way is Goku okay with that. Right Goku?

>D. "So if goku was supposed to have killed us all long ago, now that you're here... i'm guessing there won't be much more talking."

and pretty much this

Is Radditz into hair metal?

Ha, we are 1 point below Goku's pl without his weighted clothing when fighting Raditz.

That's our surpressed power level. Also with weighted clothing on.

Plus we have a few tricks raditz doesn't have like the ability to cause our ki to spike by focusing it into one attack. Remember the kamehameha surprised him.

Gettin' cocky.

His power level is still 3 times larger and he's a veteran warrior with a million times more experience than us.

Good point.

>D. Remove our immensely heavy weighted clothing before this even starts (how heavy is it at this point?)

"So what, you're here to wipe out humanity?" you ask. "And you want Goku to help?"

"Not quite," the Saiyan answers. "You see, we Saiyans have never been very strong in number, but several years ago, our planet met with an unfortunate end when it collided with an asteroid."

He looks toward Goku. "There aren't many of us left, brother. Our parents, and most of our race perished that day. As far as we know, there are only four Saiyans left, including you and I."

"So what?" Goku asks. "It sounds like the Saiyans got what they deserved."

"You spit on your own race?" the Saiyan growls.

"If you're here because you want me to take over the Earth, then forget it!" Goku shouts. "This is my home, and these are my friends!"

"That's not why I'm here, Kakarot," the Saiyan assures him. "I could conquer this planet all by my lonesome. But you see, recently my Saiyan comrades and I learned of a planet that will fetch a fortune on the galactic market. Unfortunately, the inhabitants are quite formidable. We were worried we'd have to pass up the opportunity, but then I remembered you, little brother. Granted, you aren't quite as powerful as I'd hoped, but your power should be enough to the turn the tide in our favor."

"Are you nuts?" Roshi asks. "Goku would never do something like that! He's a good person, not the murderer you are!"

"Is that so?" the Saiyan asks. "I'm very disappointed to hear that, Kakarot."

"What do we call you?" you ask the Saiyan.

"I am Raditz," he answers. "Now, back to business. Kakarot, come with me. I think you'll find the life of a Saiyan quite exciting."

"Forget it," Goku tells him. "I won't help you."

"You're really going to turn your back on your own brother?" Raditz asks.

"As far as I'm concerned, I don't have a brother!" Goku declares.

Raditz closes his eyes, looking down and chuckling.

>A. Tell Raditz that he heard Goku. He needs to leave

>B. Tell Raditz to leave, or else you'll make him leave

>C. Something else

again that's our suppressed power level. also being kept down by weighted clothing.

Not yet, it's not the time to be flexing

Getting cocky, user

>>B. Tell Raditz to leave, or else you'll make him leave

>>D. Remove weighted clothing.

"If you even consider him as your brother, then you would at least respect his wish."

Nah. We will probably need goku's and maybe piccolos help to take him down. But he's not that much above us. Also skill makes up for a lot unless the gap is stupidly large.

>a million times more experienced than us
>Implying he doesn't just fight chumps and when someone is really tough he goes Great Ape

this

He's a first class Saiyan warrior. DO NOT underestimate him. And, if you do, don't cry when he stomps your shit in

Imma cry anyway and blame the QM (you) for making "trap choices" that wreck us "without warning"

I'm afraid we're going to have to risk being rude hosts and not offer him a drink. Good day, sir

>C. If you're not here to destroy us, then is it possible to resolve this amicably? Clearly, goku didn't turn out like you expected, and i assure you, he'd fight you to the death before slaughtering innocents. What you wanted simply isn't here, and we don't wish to fight if we can help it.

The strength difference is real, but skill probably isn't as high as you think. Raditz was a low-level warrior, which is why Vegeta and Nappa never taught him to strengthen his tail. They viewed him as inferior.

I just hope nothing happens to Bulma

>all these anons forgetting how Goku and Piccolo barely beat Raditz on dumb luck because Gohan rage.
>Even then Goku still died.

Ya'll niggas gonna get spanked.

You do realize raditz was lying right? His power level was no where near high enough to be a first class warrior.

He's probably as high as you can get before being considered for Freiza's personal men.

According to Toriyama, the average Saiyan Warrior had a resting power level of about 600-800. Some got stronger through zenkai. Through internal monologue, we hear that Raditz has never been seriously injured in battle.

So, it seems plausible that he was born with a high power level for a Saiyan

And he wasn't taking them seriously in that battle, either

>He's a first class Saiyan warrior
Not that he isn't stronger than Tofoo, but you know that's not true.

Same goes for Raditz, he's still going to underestimate us even with three of us against him.

Plus we basically have attacks that basically give us an edge in the surprise department.

So it's still go either way, but its leaning towards our win a bit more.

I thought the average was 2000

still wasn't first class. That's Nappa and Vegeta's power level.

the wiki says he was lying. and it tends to be pretty accurate.

Frieza's personal men range from 3,000 to 18,000.

We also have the fact that both Piccolo and us will not let go of his tail if we get it, unlike a certain naïve moron.

Neeeeerrrrrrrrrd

I think that's the only way we'll survive this. If we get cocky we're going to be destroyed. The only chance we have is to have a sudden advantage that we use to ice him instantly.

The longer the fight goes on the worse our odds.

>tfw no support for peaceful resolution where nobody dies

Well he bitch slapped Krillin with his tail and nearly broke Chich's neck in front of us.

"You heard Goku," you tell Raditz. "And if you really consider him your brother, you should respect his wish. You need to leave."

Raditz throws back his head and laughs.

"So, baby brother wants to be left alone," he says. "Well, I'm afraid it's not going to work that way. I didn't come here to fight you, Kakarot, but you can't refuse my offer. At least, not if you value your life. You see, after we're through with the world I mentioned, Earth is next on our list. You can stand against us and die, or join us and live."

"I don't care what threats you make!" Goku tells his brother. "I will never, ever join you!"

Raditz smirks. "Well, if you won't think of what's best for yourself, then maybe you consider your daughter."

Bulma looks horrified at what Raditz is implying, while Goku, Roshi, and Krillin (who has gotten out of the house and gone to Chichi's side) look angry and defensive.

"Did you think I hadn't noticed the tail?" Raditz asks. "She's a Saiyan as well. I don't want to have to do this, but if you're so insistent on being stubborn, I don't have much choice."

"What are you talking about?" Goku demands.

"Do I need to spell it out for you?" Raditz asks. "I'm leaving this island, and taking my niece with me. If you want to see her again, then you'll accept my invitation to join your fellow Saiyans."

"What?!" Krillin growls. "You animal!"

"What will it be, brother?" Raditz asks.

>A. Remove your weighted clothing

>B. Attack Raditz

>C. Go stand beside Goku, and prepare to defend Kori

>D. Something else

Krillin can take a punch and he only strangled chichi for a moment when she charged him, and let her go when asked.
So far he's actually been very non-violent about things.

Further, we can FEEL that he's way more powerful than both of us combined.
Fighting this guy for the sake of fighting is a really bad idea.
Everyone's better off if he just leaves on his own.

>A. Remove your weighted clothing
>C. Go stand beside Goku, and prepare to defend Kori

REMOVE GI