MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Now this is Podracing Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yjgJ71hWaJ0
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edh-auras-2/
mtgtop8.com/event?e=12747&d=273875&f=VI
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13157&d=277043&f=VI
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13403&d=278638&f=VI
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13403&d=278645&f=VI
youtube.com/watch?v=_D5uGBCqeiI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NOW THIS IS PODRACING

>mfw slowly awaiting more Vehicles for Karn, Silver Podracer

It's going to be so awful and I'm going to love it

I need the good targets for Feldon

Help a brother out

None of the vehicles will be EDH relevant since they all seem to be vanilla creatures.

>Feldon
youtu.be/yjgJ71hWaJ0

Alternate name
"The silver surfer "

>steampunk

Vehicle Tron will be a thing, you heard it here first.

Can you show me your competitive edh trophies? Are you in the profesional edh pro tour? No? All cards are edh relevant you insuferable faggot, go play your $6500 zirilian deck, cunt

>Tron being a thing in EDH
Back to Modern general with you

Fucking kill yourself m8

So how many vehicles will this set need to fuel a dwarves&dragracers deck?
Will aether revolt also have vehicles?

Hey, what's wrong with my nigga Zirilan? I built a deck around him from

Vehicles I believe where implied to be a new mechanic that they'll use in multiple sets. They've called attention to the border being plane neutral by design.

>$6500 zirilian deck
In what the fuck kind of awful timeline does Mono_Red_Hasty_Dragons.dec cost $650

Im guessing about a mix of at least 30 dearves/vehicles, it seems fabricate might be a U/W mechanic but we can hope for W dwarves

oh god I hope not, I don't mind this kind of stuff on 1 plane but if it becomes common place in the multiverse It'll ruin the flavor af magic

I think stuff like chariots, wagons and siege weapons could be used to decent effect. Not in every set but it could have it's place as a recurring mechanic.

How expensive do you think this will this be? Between 5-10 $$$?

My new enderek sahr deck NEEDS this

Dwarves in Kaladesh are white; rather, I don't know if we'll see red ones aside from Dapolo

I'm excited as all hell to play Depala but I'm worried that Dwarf/Vehicle support is either going to land in the limited trash bin or overly pushed pile. Please God let them have come to a good middle ground so I can play the coolest commander of all time.

Wanted to build marduchesa prison so bad then ganesh spoilers come out 2 weeks later and shit all over that idea, thanks wizards, saved me a bunch of cash

Probably $1, there are many easier ways to cheat in spells

Faced a competitive version of this

Holy shit does this end games if its unanswered

Probably 10 if not higher. Affinity will probably find some way to mess with it.

oh shit, I haven't been following the previews. DWARVES AND ARTIFACTS?? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP FOR THIS BLOCK!

It will see 0 play in standard or modern so it will be $1.50 3 days after release

The dawn of the Value Frog has begun

>Faced a competitive version of this
>a 5CMC general with a 1CMC activated ability
He is slow as hell, man. I play the fucker and he's uncomfortably slow

>not sure if trolling
>100% sure didnt understand the question
>just incase

Verbal and nonverbal communication Symptoms of Autism may include:

>Problems taking steps to start a conversation. Also, people with autism have difficulties continuing a conversation after it has begun.

>Difficulty understanding their listener's perspective. For example, a person with autism may not understand that someone is using humor. They may interpret the communication word for word and fail to catch the implied meaning.

Hmm, maybe its because I was playing a casual budget Wanderer deck against it.

So while I had a lot of ramp I could not compete with a Crypt/Vault start

>I could not compete with a Crypt/Vault start
Most commanders cannot compete with a Vault/Crypt start. All that mana on T1 is gross as fuck.

>4cmc
>game is usually over turn 3 or 4
>nope.jpg

I had given up on standard, a part of me wants some sort of hilarious fast'n'furious deck to take route. I want the top of the curve being bigger vehicles that are piloted by cheaper higher power/low toughness lightning elemental style vehicles.

Here's to hoping. This thing next to smokestack and endrek, Being able to cheat in huge creatures, getting 6 or 7 thrulls, ticking the smokestack up to 5.

Also, remind me if I'm right, when a token dies, it "touches" graveyard before being exiled, yes?

I'm really excited for this deck

Sorry, not trolling, just excited to have freaking dwarves back in magic. It feels like ages since we've had proper dwarves (I don't count the Lorwyn dwarves.) And I'm a sucker for artifact-heavy sets.

Hmmm, might just grab that for more Meren degeneracy.

Yes, the token touches the GY so you will get an energy counter

I'm just hoping mono-W gets some new toys.

Dwarf podracing is the future

Hell yeah.

Also,

>waiting for endrek to ship in mail
>playtesting
>ashnods alter, ancestral statue, endrek
>mfw infinite mana, infinite death triggers
>this with blood artist/ zulaport cutthroat/ grave pact/ dictate of erebos

Post yfw you're playtesting and you find an infinite combo you didn't know was in the deck

Talk about speculation.
Dwarven recruiter foil were less than a dollar a pop just 3 hours ago.
Kudos to that dude who said he bought 23

Starting to get my Aura deck into a decent place. It's not super competitive by any means but it's fun to see the types of godlike creatures I can build. Has won most of the games in my group during the last few go arounds. Just ordered my copy of Eldrazi Conscription. Can't wait for the salt at my table the first time I drop that one.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edh-auras-2/

Im going to need an anakin alter on Derplala, where is alteranon?

I love how Kaladesh went from "India. .. with technology?" To "NOW THIS IS PODRACING" overnight. Thank you wizards.

That's not me, is it? I painted the enderek, mimeoplasm, daxos (no face), Karlov( hypno) lazav (ditto), etc.

I haven't played standard since the last mirrodin set. Whelp, time for podracing.

which one of you fuckers bought it

Sold out everywhere even ebay
We missed the boat

There's also Veeky Forums Proxy Guy, his e-mail is [email protected].

He makes alternate arts of cards, he's making pic related for me right now. He usually does borderless stuff, if that's what you're into.

Muh dick

I'm the Alteranon behind ditto lazav, no face daxos, hypno karlov. I use acrylics to alter cards. I can prove that it's me.

I was thinking of doing sebulba on depala, but I can do annie as well

I took that pic right when I posted it, so someone actually just bought that

Oh yes. Soul Sisters, meet your new meatshield.

>what is Yoked Ox

Only mildly retarded!

8/8 Trample for 5. Seems legit

Not a single poo has been seen on the street

You must be joking

HEY
I SPECIAW
THE W IS FOR WUCK

No though seriously I play Kitchen Table so cheap and new are exciting to me.

>inb4: swamps are designated streets

I will paint this, keep an eye open in the edhgenerals when this set releases.
It won't look great, but I'll paint it for the sake of it existing

>People speculating on the fact there will be multiple legacy staple dwarves released in the next 2 sets
Wew lad

The one swamp we've seen is a functioning sewer

God amongst mere mortals

I was talking about the camel, but that's for calling yourself out.

Using small turds made of clay for my energy tokens

Now this is poo racing

Origins gave us four Legacy/Vintage staples, Oath gave us an entire tribe of Modern/Legacy/Vintage staples, and Innistrad 2 gave us Spell Queller and Tamiyo.

It's not impossible really.

Well, I guess Fusion Elemental is outclassed as fuck.

8/8 Trample with upside for 5.

P O W E R

C R E E P

HAH now I get it

And ow. If I had that image of Khaled saying "you played yourself" I'd watch it. But I don't.

Proof that I am

>staples

I don't know why you thought that was necessary.

Painting the cards, or proving it was me? Someone asked if I was here, , so I proved I was here.
And..
I like being recognized, I guess.
It's nice seeing people react (whether good or bad) to me painting commanders. I want to get good enough to consistently make someone really happy with a unique commander.
I'll quiet down, sorry !

Go ahead and tell me that
Hangarback Walker (featured in every MUD deck)
Baby Jace
Vryn Wingmare (admittedly I think this one has dropped in usage in D&T)
Dark Petition (which created an entirely new Vintage Storm deck)

Thought-knot Seer
Reality Smasher
Endless One
Eldrazi Mimic
Matter Reshaper

Aren't staples of their respective decks. Since you seem to be retarded I'll give you some links.

mtgtop8.com/event?e=12747&d=273875&f=VI
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13157&d=277043&f=VI
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13403&d=278638&f=VI
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13403&d=278645&f=VI

And my bad, I forgot Insolent Neonate and Prized Amalgam which is silly because I even built dredge. Prized Amalgam sees Vintage Dredge and Legacy Manaless play by the way.

What do you guys think of gonti?

Literally revolutionary. I can already see Aetherborn tribal shaping up because of this guy.

And what do you guys think about rashmi?
Is she waifu material?

Triggers on entering and only entering in mono black means it's basically garbage.

Another really good and fun commander for UB.
Rest in peace RW.

>Divining Top -> cheating various Suspend and Pacts into play

everything ruins magic.

I'm getting some different vibes here.
Sure it's a little tougher to blink him in blacks color identity, but we have conjurer's closet!
I think the "you may spend mana as if it were of any type" bit is really where it pushes him into playable as a commander in edh territory
Plus, he looks cool. And has a cool name.

I like the boros podracing dwarf. It actually REALLY bothers me that all of EDH general whines and moans about every boros legendary being combat based, until we get one.
I mean seriously, depala may need to become untapped for her ability, but you can build around that.

BW prison with flickers, yes please
>cant attack me but i can attack you
>with your own creatures

**until we finally get one that isn't combat based

My bad

See pic related, there are some pretty cool old dwarves

Best ways to draw cards in Gruul colors, specifically with Wort the Raidmother? Currently I've got these cards in mind:
Very likely: Harmonize, Shamanic Revelation, Collective Unconscious, Slate of Ancestry, Tireless Tracker, Regal Force, Tamiyo's Journal, Skullclamp
maybe: Tormenting Voice, Magmatic Insight, Wild Guess, to hopefully copy for value
Are those red discard to draw spells worth running?

would be fun to use in an edh with dragonlord silumgar ss the commander with the theme of stealing shit.

The issue for me isn't that they are combat based, but because they are fucking garbage.
I love turning my creatures sideways and beating face.
If they made a RW commander based around Renowned I'd be really into that. Like, "Creatures you control have renowned 1." + "Whenever a creature you control becomes renowned, draw a card." and/or "Renowned creatures you control are indestructible."
>NOW THIS IS POD RACING dwarf
She seems interesting but I just don't think a real deck will function. I imagine it'll either be changelings.dwarf.dec or not-darettie.dec . I hope it gets strong though.

Sylvan Library.

There's only Hypergenesis and Ancestral Vision to cheat and they dilute the deck when you could just run cards that aren't bad if they find their way into your hand like Show and Tell or Preordain.

I can't imagine who would want to cheat a Pact into play when you could just play it.

Gonti is complete trash.

Depala might be fun.

>renown
That too would be fucking garbage.

>Gonti is Cabbage
Wew lad

As a commander he is meh, in the 99 he is pants
With flicker he is op
They dont even get to shuffle their deck when you drop their shit in the bottom, even if you dont cast anything you exile you can send all the lands to the bottom and have just denied them mana for the rest of the game if you can flick him each turn

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=_D5uGBCqeiI

Ashnod's altar + corpse dance should do it.
But if that's what you're doing, you could just throw him in MB sidisi

>With flicker he is op
You're fucking retarded dude.

Gonti puts all other cards on the bottom, you can't selectively deny them mana at any larger than an interval of four cards even if you flickered Gonti the prerequisite roughly TWENTY times to go completely through their deck. Do you even understand how the game works?

Not to mention that in these twenty flickers you could've just won the game with Siege Rhino, or fetched twenty lands, or received 140 tokens off of Avenger of Zendikar, or just played something besides flicker trash featuring black like a real deck.

>you can't selectively deny them mana at any larger than an interval of four cards

I hope you play ommath having 60 lands in your deck

Dont forget to take your pills before bed grampa, time for people who use cards made after 1998 to play the game

I realize you cannot actually think but did you read Gonti?

I read it, did you?

See previous posters post about autism
You may need to get yourself checked, and i do apologise for not understanding your mental issues, but please stop posting

Why are you even here?

Go shit up the quest threads or something.

>shitting up threads
I have a feeling you were the one doing the shitting, mostly from your mouth, you still have abit on the corner you might need to wipe off

>target opponent puts the top 4 cards of his library on the bottom of his library
>"yeah of course you can deny opponents mana like this. youre obviously retarded if you need to ask how"
idiot.
Anyway gonti could be pretty cool in lazav

Just a reminder that dwarves are for faggots.