/hhg/ Horus Heresy General

Goodnight sweet primarch edition
Metal Gear Imperium V: The Phantom Alpha sub-edition

In the last thread we decimated again, Alpharius' death was discussed, a copypasta was posted and got anons riled up, /k/ was magical again, terminator armor types were discussed and much more Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YAkkhqOVDQc
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/930/700348.page
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for grumpy Sanguinius

> when your comment makes it into the title

The day we actually have a new book to discuss will be a magical day indeed.

Well Weregeld (the final RG novella) is coming this month, so just hold on for that scub.

But since BL have said they plan on around 60 books total, and by that time FW should also be done, what do we do then?

/scg/ Scouring General. Followed by /tba/ The Beast Arises General. And so on and so forth.

>general without primarchs
No thanks

There's Primarchs in the Scouring, and Vulkan in the War of the Beast.

The Unification Wars?
> Techno Barbarians VS Thunder Warriors
> Volkite Weapons and Rad Grenades Standard for everyone
> a complete map of terra at the time, complete with fleshed out cultures and areas to run campaigns in

They've already said they aren't going any farther than the Great Crusade in the past

They say that now, it doesn't mean they'll stick to this ten or fifteen years from now.

You forgot the most important thing - KnightAnon has finally started painting his Fists yellow.

>no weekend edition pic
Roll for decimate.

Whats your fave/least fave task force sets
> Fave: Space Wolves, White Scars
> Least Fave: Salamanders, Emperors Children

You need a master of the Legion to activate the rite, only a siege Breaker isnt enough.

Scorpius are good but three of them is a bit silly, some medusas would be better as you have no ap2.

Melta Lance is probably the worst weapon upgrade you could give the leviathan. Storm Cannon or grav weapon

Rate my list

Orbital Assault - 2000 pts

Bitter Legion

Golg

Cortus dreadnoght talon (2) with kheres, grav and DP

Despoiler squad (10) MB, DP

Leviathan dreadnought, Melta, CCW, phosphex, DP
Tyrant terminators (5) CF

Why melta lance the worst? 3 S9 AP 1 shots with the melta rule is bad?

And as noted, the list have 320 ish points to flesh it out, and some thoughts as well in the comment section.

I have no medusae but 3 whirlwinds models so I thought spamming 4 to 12 S8 AP 3 plates will be nice and bitter

there any good sniper rifles out there I can use to help make exodus?
would rather not buy a whole Mor Deythan Squad just for one mini

Some of the loyal ones stayed in the imperium for centuries, and millennia in Vulkan's case.
The first one to leave was most likely the Lion as he's the only one absent in the codex dispute. Had he been there, there would be no chapters in 40k.
Then it was Corax, his duty to the Imperium done but unable to overcome the grief over what he had done to his legion. I'd actually like if he died on some forgotten world in the Eye, alone and forgotten, closing his tragic circle.
Aftar that is Jagathai in 080s.M31, his disappearance as mysterius as everything about him. It could be his hatred of the new Imperium that finally tipped him over, in Vengeful Spirit the Emperor tells Malcador to watch Khan closely.
Guilliman was mortally wounded sometime after or in 121.M31 as then's the last quote we get from him in one of the FW books.
Then it's Russ in 200s.M31.
Dorn's disappearance/death is either before of just prior to the 1st Black Crusade.
Vulkan, as we all know, lives to fight the Beast in M32.

Had the Lion been there, we'd probably have got a second Civil War and the Imperium would have been permanently weakened.

Can you roll on mobile?
They also said at one pint EPIC was made as fielding legions in normal scale would be inconceivable
So tell me, what would a cataphracti cyclone missile launcher look like, and would havocs be just breachers with heavy weapons or would they be even more armoured
I know that feel
T. Mole man namer
No he's deep in thought
>does still wearing the eye make me a traitor

The 40k space marine Scout set has a few, available on ebay

>So tell me, what would a cataphracti cyclone missile launcher look like, and would havocs be just breachers with heavy weapons or would they be even more armoured

I guess we'll never know, because a key ingredient of FW resin is Iron Warrior Fag Tears.

I thought Dorn stopped the first black Crusade with hit and run tactics

>3 S9 AP 1 shots with the melta rule is bad?
It's not that it's bad, it's that the other choices are much better, you have the storm cannon to shread power armour and light vehicles, while the Graviton bombard is ap2 ignores cover wounding on a 2d6 Strength test.

>inb4 40k is revealed to be pertuabos supplements and so he envisages this second civil war. That or they write a book series from the point of view of paranoid Johnson
>he's the master tactician so he must have thought of every eventually and te alpha legion delivered a copy of the codex astartes with the end words of 'there must be only chapter or they will have no peace'

If Peturabo made 30k, why does he keep on shitting on his own Legion rules and modelwise?

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Could be, but it was by striking at the heart of the gathering fleet, not hit and run.

I doubt it would be weaker, the only great threat after the Heresy was the Beast, and by that time there would have been millions of Dark Angels and to be honest, I'd prefer it that way.

I'll try.

>Dorn, builder of walls, with his wall sense figured out Sigsimund was right and sometimes you need to be zealous

IF THEY WANT MY LOVE THEY NEED TO DESERVE IT.

ANOTHER ROUND OF DECIMATION JUST FOR THAT QUESTION.

FUCKING DORNIES REEE

>wall sense

What's /hhg/'s thoughts on conversion beamers on Lernaean terminators? I'm putting them in LR's so I wonder if I should just take heavy flamers instead.

Real men only use conversion beamers with their Lernaean terminators ! But min-maxing rulebender tournament participants probably go fo the plasma blasters when embarked in a LR

Origano

Well seeing as I'm no faggot, Conversion Beamers it is!

How common would armor mark mixing amidst squads be? I have a bunch of Mk II Assault marines as is, but I'll need more, and Mk V has kinda grown on me for my World Eaters (my tacticals are all B@C Mk IV anyway, so that train has sailed). A 20 man of Mk II and a 20 man of Mk V seems like it might be a little weird having them so distinct. A rough 10/10 or 12/8 split or something would be fine, yea? A squad, especially during the heresy, probably wouldn't be outfitted 100% uniformly I'd imagine.

I have my squads in the same mark butthat's because I'm autistic. My vet squads are totally mixed though representing the Vets choosing their preferred armour.

decimation

Rolled 6 (1d10)

there is an alpha legionnaire near here

Consistency across a squad looks nice, but it's perfectly plausible that squads get shuffled, or certain Marks are in short supply and distributed unevenly across a body of troops (perhaps via lottery as Pert liked to do)

>he can't draw straight lines or black borders

He lent them a hand

Dorn was prone to acts of zeal

Rolled 9 (1d10)

My lord primarch-

With how quick Dorn was to get his painglove on, it seems likely his secret vice was being the underdog in BSDM sessions...

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Reposting from the last thread, since no one gave me an answer. Pls help

My army is going to be Blackshields with the Death-Seekers WbW (AKA immune to pinning and shooting morale checks, 6+ FnP). I'm planning on chucking my BaC cataphractii termis into a Land Raider Phobos and chucking both at the scariest piece of enemy armour / MC on the table. How does this look:

(1) Legion Terminator Sergeant (Chain Fist)
(1) Legion Terminator (Chain Fist)
(3) Legion Terminators (Power Fist)
- 210 pts

Land Raider Phobos
* Extra Armour
* Dozer Blade
* Multi-Melta
* Frag Assault Launchers
- 260 pts

dice+1D0

Decimate yourself
Looks fine, are you looking into giving them anything to shoot with, or just keeping the combibolter?

dice+1d10

bring it on perty

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Rolled 6 (1d10)

iron warriors roulette

options field, newfags

For you pert, anything

Retrying

why does the sticky say email field

Perting

Nobody has an input? :(

Rolled 1 (1d10)

bring the corpse grinder

Has the leviathan vs knight math always been on 1d4chan? Or is that recent since I mentioned the leviathan being able to solo the knight.

We need to update 1d4chan, if anyone has any tactical acumen regarding legion specific units or tactics come forward. I'll update the Legiones astartes tactica.

Because Veeky Forums has been around for much longer and the email field used to be a thing, young padawan. Also because Veeky Forums staff are lazy fucks
WITNESSED

>Decimated
sorry friend

I'll be shinny and crome for ever woohoo!

To the bitter end:

youtu.be/YAkkhqOVDQc

Palatines, Templar Brethren, Phalanx Warders, Terror Squads, Medusan Immortals, (this is obvious) Rampagers, Reavers, Ashen Circle, Mor Deythan, Lernaeans and Headhunters are all too expensive in points costs for what they bring on the table.
SoH Anvillus Dreadclaw should either be updated or clarified as being a variant of of regular Dreadclaw.
Recon Squad needs a revision, as do the Breachers and Command Squads.
Legion Destroyers are utter crap unit, they were at least playable before the LAAoDAL, but now they are an intentional handicap.

Because you rolled a natural 10.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Oh, for crying out loud... We decided that 10 was the decimation number, because it was the 10th man that died, not the 1st! This man's fine, stop beating him to death with your power shovels!

Honestly, I can see why Perty wants us dead.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

jeeze okay mr crankysmith, fine we wont beat him to death (he'll die in the next siege anyway)

What's the average number of points played at in 30k?

Rolled 3 (1d10)

That's what we get for recruiting 'Mericans.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

link to the maths? cant find it

>He rolled a D0

would be nice

Have you ever seen what Templar Brethren do to large marine blobs ? What happens when they charge is brutal enough to make a World Eater's panties wet.
Also still don't understand why people still dislike Command Squads, those guys are almost silly cheap now...

Everything else is indeed varying levels of hopeless though.

>What happens when they charge is brutal enough to make a World Eater's panties wet.
Nigga plz, take a look at the WE section. Their undies get wet but with the enemy's blood.

> Looks fine, are you looking into giving them anything to shoot with, or just keeping the combibolter?

I've considered giving the squad a combi-melta or two, just to give them something to shoot at big scary vehicles before getting to work with Chain/Power fists.

My main concerns are whether the squad has enough Chain Fists to put a dent in serious threats, or if I'm better off with 3 rather than 2. I'm also curious about giving the Sergeant a Grenade Harness, so the squad can have a charge with assault grenades independent of the Land Raider.

Terror squads are decent, and are great against blob units. Not amazing, but not Destroyers-tier

Can't say I agree with you on the Lernaeans, they're the same price as the basic Legion Terminators with the same equipment.
They're also not that different, as they're basically only Stubborn and WS5 in addition to the basic layout. They are less flexible, but they are not overpriced at all.

Should I start on the beast arises series? Been contemplating it

My mistake, the Lernaeans are 15 points more expensive, or 3 points per model. Which presumably pays for Stubborn. My opinion stands.

2000-2500 I think.

Bring it, bitterlord

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Let's see if I get decimated.

>dat pompous orchestral music
This artist is perfect for 30k, thanks for the hint.

Let's see how friendly the Primarch is to the iron Circle

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/930/700348.page

Cool, hello there Ahriman.

RETCON ALERT
ahriman's brother is actually killed at prospero
If GW does Ahriman then who would the special characters for 1ksons in forgeworld be

All the Thousand Sons' chapter masters are known in name and most, if not all, in deeds as well. I still hope FW does Ahriman, the plastic one doesn't look good.

R8 my squad, /hhg/.

Still thinking of a name for them. Maybe the Vastares.

The bunny ears still make me think it isn't Ahriman, but a generic/previously unknown named dude.

We don't even know if that is Ahriman. It could be a generic Praetor for all we know.

Custom unit go.

IRON SIEGE BREACHERS 175 pts
10 models

Bolter, bolt pistol, siege shield

Siege shield: boarding shield that confers concussive to melee attacks.

Fortification Deployment: may take a fortification that doesn't use a fortification slot. Must deploy within 2" of fortification.

Options: 12 points per extra guy, total of 10 extra.

Volkite chargers 5pts per model.

One in five may take standard breacher options.

Standard breacher sergeant options.

The image I posted is Ahriman, compare it to the model. It matches almost perfectly.

That's not to say it can't be used as a generic example of a 1KS Librarian, but it's Ahriman alright.

I sort of remember the guy Ahriman killed, whose helmet he took, had horns. Like 6 of them on his helmet.
Maybe it's common for TS to have horned helmets?

This is a troop choice sons.

Concussive is useless most of the time, especially when it lacks any AP value and is aimed against models with a single wound anyway

Paint them, then we'll talk ratings.

Yeah but it's concussive. Hitting niggas with your shields, who cares how effective it is if a pile of mooks drag down a castellax or a 2 wound terminator squad with their shields.

They seem cheap, and usually special units go for a 5 man squad minimum. Still, I like 'em.

What do you guys think a World Eaters Triarii unit would look like? I'm thinking of combat shields and chainaxes standard, with power axes available as upgrades to the squad and something like Stubborn or Counterattack or some other defensive special rule tacked on. Also, rules for Delvarus when?

Sir yes sir.