Let go

>let go

>if you pay nothing, it's just target creature

If the targeted creature dies early (ie I sac him in response to Die Young), the spell fizzles and the owner doesn't get energy counters, right?

I hate when they waste good names on specific mechanic cards that probably wont be revisited or relevant outside their respective block.

The owner does. The spell doesn't target, so the spell doesn't fizzle for invalid targets.

If a spell runs into a situation where it "does nothing," it keeps going and does as much as it can, so saccing in response to Die Young still results in the owner getting 2 energy counters.

It chooses, not targets.

>The spell doesn't target
"Choose target creature"

DISREGARD I SUCK ILLITERATE COCKS.

You are correct and that is super weird wording.

It's true, it could have been:
"You get EE, then you may pay any amount of E to have target creature get -1/-1 utill EOT for each E paid this way"

> Nico Bolas is on Amonkhet
>let go

That dragon is nuclear-powered.

It is a quality piece of removal right there

It's sorcery speed and only nets -2/-2 on its own. You're better off casting Dead Weight unless you're already stockpiling energy counters.

>cards that allow player to share energy
>mfw

Which probably means it's pretty good in KLD limited, but not likely anywhere else unless you're playing the energy deck.

>2hg with shared energy

Demon of Shady Schemes and Aetherworks Marvel work well together. Shame the demon costs so much, but I can understand why.

yeah , i feel that target and choose should stay separate too, since we've been taught that choosing IS NOT targeting for years

They do it this way so the word "target" isn't buried. My guess is that it confuses newbies.

Though Arcbond wasn't a great example of that come to think of it, since the word "target" wouldn't be buried at all in that case.