Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/
Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.
What's your favorite Golarion's country? For me it is Andoran, the land of unlimited possibilities and triumph of democracy!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=932077
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?321557-The-World-in-One-Feat-A-Shape-Soulmeld-Handbook
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9tga
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm a huge fan of Qadira.

Numeria, by far.

T-This isn't the type of chinese fantasy wall scroll I'm used to pfg threads starting with

>favorite country in Golarion
Literally none of them. The most fun I've had in Golarion is in the Shackles.

Does this make you feel better?

This is the kind of kitsuneposting I can get behind.

Personally, I like the land of the linnorm kings. Not a huge fan of Golarion, but that seems fun.

>Added three new alternate class features to the class; an akashic dip one, a psicrystal one, and one that buffs your ranged cantrip

Cheliax is the heroes we need, but not the ones we deserve.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=932077
I need help deciding what to spend this extra 11k gp on
Ignore the feats section there are house rules involved

But they're dogs.

So they are. I can get behind that sort of dogposting too.

Cloak of resistance?

Do you like femdom?

Well, first I'm confused as to where the other +6 to damage on your longbow is coming from (is Deadly Aim a combat option instead of a feat?), but Bracers of Falcon's Aim (pre-UE errata) are fantastic, if your GM will let you get them.

Cloak of Resistance > Elvenkind, also consider enchanting your armor with at least an enhancement bonus.

Please help me playtest the Nyctomancer's Handbook for Sphere of power! Here is the right link this time

Ain't nothin' wrong with it!

>Bulletstorm
>Magpie Mage

You wanna tell us something, Forrest?

What's there to tell?

I should try to finish the americafairy 2hu game.

My GM hates Errata

I am going into a dungeon where the primary threats are negative energy damage, ability damage, level drain, and getting smacked in the gabber with a symbol of death.

How do I make a dhampir that can survive this?

Andoran, but Linnorm Kings is neat as well, especially because you have to get fucking cursed to become a king.

>Those OP as shit cantrips.

Daaaaaamn, Forrest

Bear in mind that the class is the only class that can cast them, and the class does not have sustainable spellcasting outside of cantrips.

The cantrips are one of their core class features, since they don't get anything that gives them real staying power through the day (they have a large drop in spells per day compared to even the 6-level casters, and almost of their class features are dedicated to making those spells and the cantrips function).

These class features are their equivalent of Inspire Courage/etc or Judgements and Bane or a psychic warrior's path and bonus feats.

>hates errata
>pic related

Seriously, enjoy a 19-20/x3 longbow for half the cost of a +1 keen sword, and without spending a feat. The post-errata version is so fucking awful.

He's awesome but sadly I'm gonna miss the next session of his because I have to go to marching band practice

Just call in saying your euphonium is broken

Im making a performance (Oratory) tiefling male bard. I want him to have a golden voice, like Morgan Freeman and whatnot and do jazz/blues/etc
Does anyone have any recommendations for music to play when hes performing to set the mood?

Either way, I lose

What is the best stalker? Two weapon with Deadly Agility and Thrashing Dragon or ranged with Solar Wind and Tempest Gale?

First. And don't forget about Veiled Moon-utlity.

>even by the standards of combat maneuvers

I know that combat maneuvers are jank to begin with, but that's not what I asked.

The rules look like they contradict themselves. If your opponent gets +5 to their CMD, you're probably wasting your time. They say something tucked in your belt is loosely held and doesn't give the CMD bonus, but then they say a belt pouch does. Is the stuff in your belt pouch suppose to be easier to steal than the pouch itself?

1) What martial traditions can a TN Stalker take that will help improve?
2) Are Solar Wind/Tempest Gale that weak, or is the melee stalker just that much better?

Base stalker needs Bushi to have non awful recovery, Brutal Slayer is a great strength build, and Vigilante is a good skill build that also has a combat niche.

>the rules contradict themselves
Yeah, that's the idea I would think. It's easier to slash a pouch and catch what falls out than to cut a pouch off a belt.

Honestly I think the bonus to CMD should be +2 or +3 at most.

>What is the best stalker?
Stalker with Broken Blade and Elemental Flux.

>the melee stalker just that much better?
This. IMHO of course.

Feat Idea:
Kyudo (Combat)
Prerequisites: Wis 13, Precise Shot
Benefits: When making ranged attacks with a longbow, you may use your Wisdom modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier to determine attack rolls. However, whenever you are under the effects of a non-harmless mind-affecting effect, you take a further -2 penalty to attack rolls.
Special: A psionic character may expend his psionic focus as part of making a ranged attack, allowing him to choose one ability that would normally have to be declared in use before making the attack roll, and instead wait until after resolving the attack to decide whether to apply it or not.

I'm just annoyed now because my group's rules lawyer pulled out some quotes about how steal works last session to defend that the stuff in his belt pouch couldn't be stolen. He's a good friend and generally a good player to have around, but he's also simultaneously a headache. That's probably the typical rules lawyer.

Anyone got campaign settings or other stuff in other languages than English? I'd want to play with some of my german mates without having to translate everything manually.

That does sound pretty standard for lawyering. What quotes did he pull? Paizo FAQs or what?

>Fing group at LGS
>Roll pretty great so I go monk
>GM doesn't allow U monk
Strike one
>Pick Imp Trip and Imp Grapple and some other stuff related to both to have fun even if I'm going to suck at it
>GM doesn't allow any feat or power that even remotely lets you control the battlefield if you're a martial
Strike one billion
Literally walked away the moment he came up with a bullshit explanation about magic blablabla

Man, it's becoming harder and harder to find a decent group these days

What the actual fuck?

What is the rest of the party? Witch/wizard/cleric/druid?

Inquisitor, Magus and Summoner. Mediocre rolls according to the GM. I arrived late, due work but I informed beforehanded, so I didn't see the rest rolling and making chars,

>GM doesn't allow any feat or power that even remotely lets you control the battlefield if you're a martial
What the actual fuck? Did he actually consider grappling and tripping to be overpowered?

Also, what's his "bullshit explanation about magic"?

How does one make a group at a LGS?

I'd like to GM one with a hack of Pathfinder I'm building, but actually have it be live and face to face rather than over the air. Big things for the hack are "PoW Only", "No Full Attacks", "Spellcasting can only be done through items", and "Modern Guns Everywhere Get Dex to Damage But Hit Regular AC."

Dreamscarred guys: you should build some kaiju that are worth a damn.

Aren't dhampirs healed by all that? You'll essentially be getting infinite heals.

I didn't stay, I know, I was a cunt and a dick, but the moment he started with "Look, magic should be the only able to..." I literally left

ILEOSA DID NOTHING WRONG

>Anyone else think she was written as a two dimensional villain and would have been better with some more freedom to fight the possession?

At the very least, I can't fault her policy on bootyplate.

Devils love asses.

>PoW Only
>Spellcasting can only be done through items
I'd really strongly recommend against these, limiting player choice is bad enough without adding a restriction on only a small subset of DSP stuff, especially since a lot of players won't be familiar with it and might not even have access to the books/material depending on the internet situation at the store. Maybe just say "PoW heavily encouraged" or "no 9th level casters" instead since that only cuts out 6 classes instead of all of them.

The other two seem reasonable, maybe let only Fighters full attack like in 5e.

I'd then have to ban any and all spellcasting. Magic does not work that way in setting. It can't even be abstracted to work that way in setting Completely incompatible.

... But supernatural initiating can?

As a matter of fact, yes. Yes it can. (Most of this is my utter contempt for Vancian Magic, mind. And God Casters).

>my utter contempt for Vancian Magic

I keep seeing this at Veeky Forums, could you explain what's wrong with it and what other system you would favor? Thx.

>I hate a subsystem so I refuse to let my players even use the balanced and functional versions of it

10/10 GM I'd play with, user.

Give 'em Spheres then at least, christ.

We're in the last adventure for Crimson Throne. I built her up a lot and my players are being motivated to save her from the crown rather than just killing her.

She's rather bland for motivation, but I had the players meet her on several occasions and had her take a personnel interest in them. It wasn't until halfway through the game where they were positive she was the villain and they were more concerned about the change in her personality.

Not that person, but I hate preparing spells. It's a hassle where I have to guess how to be useful for this adventure, and if I fuck up then I can be completely worthless. It takes even more time to prepare my character each session, which is also a pain. I'm a fan of psionics, spontaneous casting, and (from what little I've read) spheres.

So, /pfg/! Ever play a character with a peg leg, hook hand, or similar prosthesis?

Is there a list on bonus monk feats?

>It's a hassle where I have to guess how to be useful for this adventure, and if I fuck up then I can be completely worthless.
Err, well, plenty of spells have a ton of versatility, you know? especially low level

Yes, but I don't enjoy it.

>TFW forrest completely agrees with me and puts in all of the ideas I had

Were you the user last night with the good ideas about item-casting? I was pretty out of it and can't recall 100%.

>tfw might start a Pathfinder campaign when I get back to uni
>based in celtic mythology
>no guns or other modern shit
>halfhuman characters at most
I'm fucking pumped

ye. I'm also the user in here that plays an Artisan that crafts things at 6% of market price.

Or, did, I guess.

That game died.

It only lasted two sessions.

I spent longer making poor Frank than I did playing him.

Oh well. On to the next thing.

>pic related

I haven't been paying attention to Akasha for quite some time now. The veils in the Vizier playtest really didn't stick out at me as something to build around, and many of them were a form of utility that other things tended to do better. It's been so long, though, that I'm hoping that Akasha now has Incarnum's level of both ease of access and usefulness in a class-agnostic way.

In other words, this: giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?321557-The-World-in-One-Feat-A-Shape-Soulmeld-Handbook

But with Akasha.

To be more direct: Is there a complete list of veils with the gist of each attached, and if not, is there a complete list of published products containing veils anywhere? The DSP website is a bit... Clunky.

Ouch, that sucks. As far as I know, there isn't any in-deptch dipping guide for Akasha yet; you'd need to ask PsyBomb or something. However, currently the only product with veils is Akashic Mysteries. There's more coming (that I'm sadly not an active part of cus of the extended leave), but I can't say more than that.

In any case, though.

>Tinker with build for game
>Accidentally 700 DPR 1/round as a swift action at high levels

This update includes some nerfs to the Starspray cantrip.

>We're in the last adventure for Crimson Throne. I built her up a lot and my players are being motivated to save her from the crown rather than just killing her.

Thanks bro, post how it ends when things wrap up.

>I spent longer making poor Frank than I did playing him.
Every 3.5 game ever.

Pretend for the sake of argument that I skipped out on reading literally all the published kaiju because my players would never let me use them and I don't think they'd be done right anyway and tell me what you think went wrong, and what's missing?

What went wrong: They're no fun
What's missing: fun

Well that's not helpful. There's so many different kinds of fun! Like, I'd bet you the ass cheek of your choice that I could make a sparkling laser kitten kaiju and folks would have fun with it.

...Fuck.

Now I kinda want to.

What do people think of this Skald build for Skulls and Shackles?

(I'm one session in, so I have a bit of exp, and got a free mace)

>Sparkling laser kitten kaiju
>Stats for when the cat jumps onto the battlemat

By all means, please do.

It looks like my response was very helpful.

Tell me about the BBEGs or simple antagonists you are particularly hyped about revealing to the party.

Aww. I liked Starspray. It's Orb of Force: The Cantrip. Or it was.

Still, 6d8+(6*WIS) is good for a 20th level cantrip. Being 0th level means it's ideal for metamagic fuckery.

I wonder if there's a way to use Wisdom for ranged touch spells. It wouldn't be necessary, but it'd be fun to go as WIS-SAD as possible. Amusingly, the Monk AC bonus option is good for both Starspray and Meditant builds. If you're going Starspray Mailman, you want your WIS to be high for damage and DEX for accuracy, so most armor (at least early on) would have way too small of a max DEX to be useful.

But then you get both of them to AC on top of Mage Armor, Blur, and Mirror Image.

Pew pew, moder fuker.

Crystallized Magic could've had some cool Nasty Gentleman shenanigans, but digging into it made me realize there really aren't a lot of good spells to share that provide actions for a companion - Produce Flame and Call Lightning don't work properly because the target isn't Personal/You.

For starspray, it was a combination of the fact that when you nova spell it, it's a massive amount of extra damage.

Maximized Empowered Quickened Nova Starspray at level 19, or just similarly bursty stuff earlier, for tons of damage. Until 19, could do maximize empower rime heighten to apply debuffs too, or something.

Don't forget that rider effects like stuff from Martial Training interact with it strongly, and the ACF will increase its single-target accuracy. Ditto Circlet of Brass (+4/6/8/10 damage per hit, scaling, if fire) or Frostbite Halo (+2/3/4/5 and lets you ignore cold resistance).

Elemental Flux Stance will add +2d6 per hit if you burn the feats on it, etc. It turned out that 11 attacks with it by the time you capped it out was just way too good with these things combined into it. Cutting it in half turned out alright. You can do optimized damage-dealer-levels of damage with it if you build for it, and otherwise it's an always-useful wizard crossbow.

"For starspray, it was a combination of the fact that when you nova spell it, it's a massive amount of extra damage" -> "and the fact that it'd come with 9 levels of free metamagic on top of it."

Somehow lost half that sentence, whoops.

Skalds are highly party dependent. Are most of the other members of your party cool with raging? If you have a bunch of casters or archers they probably won't bother with your buff so you'll just be singing for yourself.

Oh. Uh. Do note that Starspray targets normal AC, not touch AC. If you're going Starspray Mailman, you'll want to get Bullet Storm so you can all-but-guarantee your full damage after the first one or two shots.

Oh, I know, it was amazingly strong. That's why I liked it.

It's still very good. It's not even the d8's that matter - it's the +WIS per d8. You can easily get 20 WIS at 1st onward. Because it's d8's, I like to think of them as throwing lightning swords at people. Or healing swords, since that's a thing you can do.

Bullet Storm hilariously will mean you don't have to worry as much about whiffing, and the Elemental Flux damage will still apply. Elemental Nimbus stance is worth using also, to a more limited extent - although you use Wisdom for Spellcraft, that doesn't make it a Wisdom-based skill, so your Martial Training initiation modifier is Intelligence, which will probably not be high enough to make the Fire damage from Elemental Nimbus worth focusing on. The Electricity option's bonus accuracy may actually be more worth using if your enemy has armor.

You don't want to waste nova metamagic on Quickened Starspray unless you absolutely have to, though. 4 levels of metamagic is really important for damage. Most living things have no Negative Energy resistance, and Force is mandatory for shooting spoopy ghosts.

Oh, shit. I somehow missed that.

>i'm too used to orb mailmen

I guess my sword fluff is even better now.

My game is dead right now because of scheduling conflicts on my end...

They are missing a lot of things that aren't godzilla, rodan or ebirah. That and they should be stronger.

... Oh, hah. I just realized something.

paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9tga

Yes, Elemental Nimbus would be Wis-based for a spellburst savant. Go wild with it, on the starspray mailman build. Though being locked into fire means that even if its damage is better than Elemental Flux Stance, it might be less good in the long run since it's a lot of damage anyway.

No wait it literally says "Also, this changes the check only at the time of rolling, so this does not change static class features or options made during character building such as your class’s class skills."

I'm a fucking moron.

My DPR build dipped mystic for wis-based elemental nimbus.

What is the best Path of War (Expanded allowed) class to take if I'm playing a Graveknight arisen as a revenant to terrorize the people of Brevoy?

I feel like the obvious choice there is Harbinger.

I honestly wish I knew that last week, because you're right about that. Literally 4 out of my 5 fellow party members are casters, and the last one is a skill monkey rogue, so I am basically raging for myself. (Two of them are summoners, though I'm not sure how their classes work and if I can make their eidolon's rage even if they don't.)

Consider this.
Elemental Nimbus adds plain fire damage to your attacks.
Starspray is a spell that generates attacks that deal fire damage (if you choose to).
Therefore, Starspray while in Elemental Nimbus (Fire) Stance is a Spell that deals Fire damage equal to 1d8+WIS+WIS damage per mote.

Deconstruct Energy can just turn all the damage the spell deals into something else.

Even if it doesn't work that way, double WIS per mote is really, really strong when you consider that just the base damage alone is now 6d8+12WIS at 20th now. It might end up being enough that you'd only ever use something other than FIre if the enemy had Fire Immunity or a Vulnerability to something else.

I'll do some staged optimization of it in a bit, see how we can get it to go WITHOUT burning "real" spell slots - those are to be set aside for later.

Could you give me a crash course on the Harbinger? I've never played one or seen one played.

See ; it doesn't swap IM, just skill checks at the time of rolling. Such is life.

It'll end up being (6d8+6Wis) + (12Int fire) in total, because Elemental Nimbus is a rider effect on top of your attack, not a bonus.

I'd love to see your optimization for it. Let's see how far we can take this and if it's in comfortable ranges for damage dealers.

Also this could be some hilarious burst healing at later levels, too.

Oh right. Don't forget that Bullet Storm (which you're taking in place of a bonus feat as early as possible) will add +1 mote total. 7d8+7Wis at max level.

Summoners can actually stack decently with Skalds. When you get the option to start adding Rage Powers to your songs, grab some of the Linnorm Death Curses (the Tor one is great) and then use it to enhance all of the summons your casters pull out.

If anybody kills your summoner's eidolons or summon monsters, they'll get hit with the death curses. If your party is willing to spend a little time building around it, being able to make enemies permanently staggered or give them vulnerability to fire/ice/electricity can be really handy.

It's even better if you had a druid in the group. Skald + Linnorm Death Curse + Summon Nature's Ally to summon up a swarm of Stirges is basically an auto-win button against any organic enemy. The stirge lands, starts dealing Con damage, and if they kill it they get hit with the Death curses.

I build my last Skald around the death curses and it was pretty fucking great.