Buy a 6k5 watt diesel generator

>buy a 6k5 watt diesel generator
>convert it into running on straight vegetable oil
>go around the block collecting used vegetable oil
>run a 5 kilowatt cryptofarm on the generator

Anyone else doing this? I'm placing an order for the generator right now

>>convert it into running on straight vegetable oil

It isn't as easy as that to just run on vegetable oil. The oil has to be filtered, processed, and kept warm.

Doesn't seem hard to do at all.

That actually sounds like a good idea if you can stand the sound of an unisolated 6,500 watt
diesel engine.

It's not that loud when you're not right next to it

I hope you don't have neighbours by the way.

That would be a problem. I could keep it inside a soundproof room and add vents for the exhaust and intake.

t. no idea about mechanics

How will you get around the sound nuisance? Even in the country sound carries and if I was a neighbor within a half mile it would not be tolerated. Although I'm sure there's a way to enclose the generator in a box and have a pipe for the exhaust?

You'll need a battery backup. Should probably just go solar at that point.

I have lots of ideas about mechanics, in fact I can go to a workshop right across the street and order any part I want from a cad drawing

Used veggie oil is used. Aka full of shit that will fuck your genetator up.

You are an idiot

It would cost more than what I would lose during the maintenance downtime, during which I could run a second generator.

This, you have to process the oil. Which will cost your time and moneys

It won't if I filter it through a 1 micra filter and heat it to 180ÂșC

i'm not fucking macguyver

Lol now not only do you have to roi your miner but you also need to pay a generator that's simply stupid

Unlike mining crypto, which costs nothing and no time at all, right?

Do you do this now? I doubt you have the equipment and time to do this. This plus good luck heating your oil with all your free energy you go laying around.

You should really do a profitability calculator on this before making an investment on all that shit.

I feel like I should probably learn how to do this before the internet is destroyed for good. A skill like this would make me a god in the apocalyptic hellscape

McGuyver did things like a working jetski out of a few paperclips.

I just know where to get a generator and where to make the parts to run it on spent cooking oil.

Generator will pay for itself with the electric bills alone, since I can sell the energy as credits not just to the energy company, but to other people as well

>This plus good luck heating your oil

All it takes is a heater and a controler to keep it at the right temperature, which is really easy to build, at least to me

Heat your oil with your video cards

It will not be worth your time and money. Better to convert the generator to veg oil and then sell it to some dumb prepper at 200% markup.

Probably easier to just steal electricity by tapping into your service before the meter

>Doesn't seem hard to do at all.
You would be surprised on how simple tasks go so horribly sometimes.

>change oil time. change oil filter (it comes off so easy), oil flows nice and goes right down the container hole without spillage, and I swear I barely had to wash my hands
>change oil time, change oil filter (it would not come off and I struggled almost stripping the outside for an hour), oil spills everywhere and refuses to drain in the container (gets clogged), and I have oil stains on my hands for days

In both cases it was the same car, same equipment, same conditions. Why was the second time harder? I have no clue. It just is that way sometimes with mechanics. One day I could change a sensor in a minute and another day the fuel filter bolts act like they are welded on.

Lmfao this is why I love biz

sounds like you didn't run your car the second time long enough for the oil to warm up enough to flow properly.

sound isn't your main problem.
You would need to have a couple buffers in your power outflow to regulate the electricity flow.
Generators aren't really known for giving you a stable flow of current and it could very easily blow your miner.

>It isn't that easy
>Implying any technical modifications are required
Diesel engines were designed to run on vegetable oil so that farmers didn't have to buy from oil companies. Then oil companies invented diesel and sold it to farmers.

>The oil has to be processed
This is true. You need to let it sit for like a week so that it settles, then filter it. You also can't let the engine get full of cold veggie oil so you have to run it on diesel for 10 minutes before shut off in the winter. You probably also need to start it on diesel in the winter.

If you can get this to work its a good idea. Go to chinese restaurants and ask them for their oil. They might already pay someone to dispose of it and you would be taking it off their hands.

You also need to store it somewhere where animals won't find it.

I did run the car prior and I also never over tighten. It just is unexplained why stuff like that happens. Pick up a wrench and turn a bolt. Sometimes it just refuses to crack open.