The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread: Previously: The Ice Age Continues.

Writefagging last time:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8q-3A7l_bw4?t=61
strawpoll.me/11149629
strawpoll.me/11149630
strawpoll.me/11149631
strawpoll.me/11149632
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxclF5TV9fWGF0U2s
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWW96a09nSnFzRXM
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRUJ3TF9RMTN5NW8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNmswTWhwSXc1eFk
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdkNwa3JjTExDeFE
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdUo5YkFFdl9XTkk
docs.google.com/document/d/1jSIpLoSNIOJAKPRoku8BOqVneF5NjKVumfla0r0AVLs/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is the current set of flakes battling.

Below is the rules:

>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>Flakes that directly contradict lore, especially by going against or interacting inappropriately with canon characters, will be disqualified.
>Flakes that are joke or troll flakes will be disqualified. The use of silver-bordered cards in a flake’s preferred spell list automatically disqualifies them.

>During the first round, all flakes will be placed into the roster randomly. Flakes that are disqualified will give their random opponents a bye for the round.
>During the first round, flakes will be revealed in smaller groups, noting disqualifications and asking the thread if they wish to disqualify anyone else.

>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments and votes will be taken from the thread over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.

>Match-Up rules will treat both competing flakes in a match as though they are both forced into conflict with the other, and neither is allowed to planeswalk away until a winner is determined. Flakes will be treated as though they start with zero assisting summons and will not have prepared for this encounter.

Here we go
>Kahomat VS Leon
Jesus fuck Leon, and I thought I used a lot of cards.
Anyway, both of them are warriors by birth and trained as such, but Kahomat also has a direct advantage in his cobbled-together Abzan spirit magic being fucking devastating based on Anafenza's DTK UR. While all of Leon's magic is "Army harder." No Boros or fire to speak of.
Additionally, they both play to strength in numbers, but spirits are a bit harder to deal with than soldiers.

>Ka'Koarm VS Sajek
Weren't we just talking about Ka'Koarm having problems with mind magic? While it's not exactly calming him down, the Scepter of dominance forcing him to 'kneel' for a while is probably going to piss him off. If Sajek underestimates him for a second then Ka'Koarm is going to oneshot her though. Sort of like this
youtu.be/8q-3A7l_bw4?t=61
It even fits because Sajek'll be tearing apart Ka's mind the whole time.
>Bianca VS Angelica
Bianca seems to be an entirely pacifistic healer type while Angelica's fighting style seems to be "Is a self replicating mass of acidic slime in the shape of a girl."
It's not easy to heal from acid burns is what I'm saying.

>Wyston VS Iohannes IV
Oh that's a match-up.
Wyston has no seeds of rebellion to sow in Iohannes IV army, so it comes down to their personal strengths. Unfortunately, unless he could do something decisive fast, Wyston is an aging wizard while Iohannes is a skeleton lich thing.
That said, Wyston feels like he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve, and feel like he can put a win out through cunning.

Bianca and Angie are both made by me.

yeah, I'm still wondering what Sajek is fully capable of, if she can fully delete memories at a distance she can put me through a loop of forgetting why I was angry, allowing her to keep dealing me blows without me remembering tot try and heal or fight back. It's a little weird that my guy;s biggest weakness is in one of his own colors, but that's just how it worked out.

then I guess you're the authority on which one you think wins? I don't think this is the first time this has happened either, right?

>she can put me through a loop of forgetting why I was angry, allowing her to keep dealing me blows without me remembering to try and heal or fight back.

I like that. I think I'll use that.

>Aging wizard
I don't see any downsides to that personally, but that's just my interpretation of WIZARD.

He'll get tired out by the skeleton king and his knights chasing him on a horse all day. The wizard may have phenomenal wizard powers, but he's out of his physical prime.

No, I think it's the first time one of my flakes went up against another one of mine. But, Bianca is more like a party support character rather than a standalone fighter. I'd give it to Angie.

Does anyone have the Kaladeshi color pie image?

What's next on the filth schedule?

Who do you expect to he final round? DIOMEMEDES can lose now, soI think anyone with good blue magic can beat him or maybe black with good removal.

I'm actually not to sure, we just have to watch it round by round. I imagine Gaia has one of the strongest chances, even though the mending probably, thankfully, nerfed her pretty hard.
Plus it entirely depends on who fights who. If all the telepaths and mind mages fight people other than Ka'Koarm and lose, but he never sees anything but the bruisers, he stands a great chance of winning.
Thane technically has a walking nuclear option, but even that last fight says that probably doesn't really give him too much of an edge.
I only brought him up because I feel someone expected me to.

honestly, as far as I can tell by round 4 the flake lineup is going to look less like a bunch of wizards and warriors and more like a showa-era monster clusterfuck, so I'm witholding any faith in traditional mortal race flakes for until we see the victors of round 3

I'm pretty sure people are going to be focus-firing Gaia down because they don't want her to face their flakes. Or at least that's what it seemed last round, if the tie was any indication. So, regardless of argument, I'm pretty sure she ain't winning this. Hell, she'll probably go down in round 2.

I'm actually most worried about the time wizard dragon. Unlike belloski, subaru or whatever that dragon's called isn't small, and uses a type of magic Ka'koarm cannot comprehend, so not only can Ka not manage the magical power of him, but can also not gain a size advantage on him. He's pretty close to an anti-ka'koarm weapon as far as combat styles go.

But the time wizard dragon is out-of-sync with itself. It's got a built-in weakness.

he's still got a one-up on me as far as I'm concerned. Lag or not, Ka'koarm can't use his magic againt time spells because he cannot grasp the concept of interacting with time. IT's kinda his big over-arcing story, because he wants SO BAD to go back in time and get his revenge before it's too late, but his magic only works on concepts he understands the mechanics and compositions of. He cannot alter or deny something he does not grasp the concept of.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking will happen, too. It's a shame, because I would like to see a fair fight between flakes.

The way I understand time wizard dragon is
>It sees the future where it gets punched in the fate.
>With it's two second lag, it covers it's face to protect itself.
>He gets punched in the gut.
Or am I missing something?

Due to the ambiguity of the last thread, I've actually decided to make a quick document detailing some of her powers and abilities further. Hopefully it will make things easier for people.

that would be very appreciated.

That actually sounds like a good idea. I might too. Most anons who are watching their flakes should actually.

Actually, as I'm making the document, I'm starting to feel like an asshole. I mean, before I made her, I knew an oldwalker that makes a large and stable/balanced plane would have to have access to a wide array of magical disciplines. But this is getting a little unfair. I'm kind of wishing she was disqualified now.

I mean like, how unfair is it? Is it really that bad?

think of it in terms of bolas. Even while very powerful, he lost a fuckload of spells, memory and power when he ceased being an oldwalker. If you have a lot of spells, find their lower power versions and use those instead, or pick only two spells of each color to represent your flake's current power. Gaia's body and mind may currently simply not be capable of containing her full knowledge and spell power as it used to, show that.

That's something good to consider, actually. Thank you.

Right now, I'm just going through a list of magical disciplines and, using a combination of her feats and history, trying to figure out her skill with each area. I'm putting them in a list of magics she's mastered, magics she has moderate skill with, magics she has little to no skill with, and magics that she had a talent for before she ascended. I'll continue to enumerate it after that. Then once I've made that list, I'll figure out which disciplines she's forgotten, which have been diminished, and to what extent they've been diminished. Sound good?

True. Remember that Bolas had to take advantage of Alara to rebuff himself.

What about Ugin? Do we know how much he lost/how he regained or maintained his power? Has he regained any power even?

and even then he didn't get nearly all of what he wanted. thanks to a fedora-furry no less.
I love you ajani I'm sorry but it's true you kinda are one

I don't think he regained anything, he's probably very bad-off with the whole having been on life support for a thousand years thing. As far as I can tell, him and bolas are kept in a narrative near-equal power.

Also, is Chronomancy actually a colorless discipline? I'm putting it on the list of magical disciplines she has little to no skill with. I figured any colorless shit will go there. What other colorless magics are there?

chronomancy is blue, time is blue's thing.
while usually translated into blue and green, manipulating the aether itself is a colorless discipline. Ugin is the best research tool for this currently, but I suspect more points of research on the matter will come from kaladesh, they seem to know their stuff there.

I would also say that artifice, while blue, can be a colorless discipline, but gaia seems too dominantly green in persona for me to really think she'd use too many non-mana related artifacts.

Hell, that might actually be a way to lower Gaia's power in card representation, only use multicolored cards that have green as one of their colors?

Ice Age, you still here? I think it might be time for polls, conversation on the fights seems to have stopped.

Who would have won, Old Walker Will or Gaia? What about post mending?

>tfw i showed up before Leon's round ended
jesus christ, Kahomat is basically just him but with spirits and religion instead of soldiers and sad drinking. I'm gonna have to give it to cultmaster extraordinaire here.

Will user and I have had this exact conversation before. Iirc, he thinks Gaia would win in both scenarios in a straight up fight. He said that Will is more of a manipulator, and would go back in time to manipulate the events so that the fight never happened, or that something else, like a third party entering the ring, would occur, thus tipping the balance in his favor.

Are you voting against your flake there? Why? And how do you feel about the other fights?

so he looks like gandalf but he fights like palpatine?

I guess? I think he looks like Jeff Bridges and fights like a politician.

>Are you voting against your flake here?
Yes.
>Why?
Because the other guy would beat him in a fight. Do you not understand how this ice age thing works?
>And how do you feel about the other fights?
Sajek has the power to manipulate angerfish, Angelica is made of acid and thus pretty hard to beat, and Iohannes is a badass skeleton lich.

We've been up long enough.

POLLS!

strawpoll.me/11149629
strawpoll.me/11149630
strawpoll.me/11149631
strawpoll.me/11149632

YAS

If I survive this round should I do this too? What do you guys think should be on such a document? Should a flake battle sheet template be made up? or should additional areas of information be added to the bio sheets and the writefagging sheets?

Well, I'm almost done with mine. So I'll post it and maybe you could follow the template if you want.

cool beans, though I suspect I may not need to worry about it on my end.

Aight, this is it. If something is wrong or need adjusting, let me know. I'll probably add to it before her matchup starts. This is just the first draft. I'll go back through and reread her stories (both finished and unfinished) to decide what needs to be added/stay/go/modified.

How many cocks has Gaia sucked, and how strange and inhuman were they?

In the meme verse, as many as your fetishes want. There's nothing I can do to stop the memeing. In the actual verse, very few. Who knows what they were?

I imagine mostly elves and one elderly human

What was her power level on the 1-10 scale we used awhile ago? Do you remember?

How much more time you think we got, Ice Age?

I think it was like 8 or 9. Bolas level basically.

I'm gonna let this one ride out to the end of the hour.

There's only one batch of flakes left in the round, and that will be the overnight poll. Assuming they survive disqualification enough to require a contest.

oh man, what

She was a 9ish, yeah. Basically, a big-leaguer.

Who'da thought?

NOW what is she, depowered?

DID IT SNEAK UP ON YOU?

TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO FLAKE FOLDERS, AND WE'RE ABOUT TO RUN THEM OUT. IT TOOK SIX THREADS, BUT WE'RE FINALLY HERE.

I'm more wat-ing at the remaining flakes potentially not surviving disqualification, who's left?

That IS depowered. The scale was for neowalkers. The user who made the scale specifically said oldwalkers pre-mending were at an 11+ power level. So she was 11+ pre-mending.

Fucking at last.

There aren't even enough for a full batch of eight. There's only six more. Just at a cursory glance, without really looking at their sheets in depth, there's already one obvious diqualification and maybe another one.

I made one too. This kind of situation plays very well into Serena's skillset, she has no need or even really considers preparing for combats. As shown in her fight with Murdock she can be easily baited into traps, so really a fight assuming no prep time is when she is at her strongest.

Still will probably get rekt by Gaia though.

Reminder that being Human is not explicitly worse than other races

And also that the main reason that no one is really Bolas-tier is that even if he weren't a planeswalker, he's literally an Elder Dragon and doesn't even need a spark to beat you at EDH, which he has been doing since long before your ancestors were even imagined possible.

>The last America flake is going to lose
>The revolutionary is losing to a king

Unpatriotic shits, all of you~

while this is true in many cases, in most of the humans vs cases so far it has not been true, by virtue of the opposing monster having obvious advantage of being able to do anything a human can +.
When kithkins, elves, and dwarves are being discussed against humans, race will factor in much less as an advantage.

I'm canadian, the us can eat it

I mean, no meme magic allowed here, but it's at least slightly disappointing that the gap is that wide.

Oh wow, the Snowflake threads are still going? I'm the guy that made the UG walker Symon, it's nice to see that he's still in the big list- and I approve of the paraphrased backstory, haha. I assume if he was in this elimination tournament you guys are running, he got knocked right the fuck out? I'd like to keep working on him now that I have some more time, but I'm not sure how I want to go about it.

He lost to the Cathar, to be more specific.

The following flakes advance to the next round:

>Leon
>Ka'Koarm
>Angelica
>Iohannes IV

The next batch of flakes is as follows:

>Kirelah
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxclF5TV9fWGF0U2s

>Madame Snare
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWW96a09nSnFzRXM

>Father Christmas [DISQUALIFIED: Un-Flake]
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRUJ3TF9RMTN5NW8

>Fiorenza
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNmswTWhwSXc1eFk

>Torbern
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdkNwa3JjTExDeFE

>Horo Kumohiro
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdUo5YkFFdl9XTkk

DISCUSS!

And a jokingly late image. WELCOME TO THE END OF ROUND ONE. LET'S GET THIS TRAIN WRECK TO THE NEXT STOP!

[EXHALES LOUDLY]

Horo would have had to be on Theros for thousands of years if he went to work for Grenzo right after that.

Ah, I see. Are the matchups archived anywhere?

I believe Ice Age is working on an archive for after a round is finished or something, but he didn't seem too enthusiastic about the idea of making it.

I keep a master document. You can also just trace back the last five threads.

Something I didn't mention is that Serena uses cloudshift a lot.

Ah, I found it... jesus, I'd vote for the Cathar in that matchup as well. Guy's a badass.

>what's the weather like, serena?
>cloudy with a chance of FIRE

Fiorenza mentions the Jeskai monks when they had been dead for a long time before the rifts started popping up on Dominaria which was 60 years ago at least when they were all sealed up. I feel the divorced from time would put her in the same camp as will
For Kirelah, I never thought Kor would be backing down out of fear of vampires.

Is planeshifting still a cool thing?

I mean, like.

That's one fine fucking ass.

that's gotta be so inconvenient wiping the base your tail down after every single poop, you pretty much have to roll the tp into rope and floss them cracks

Alright, made my own for anyone curious enough to what Thane can and can't do.

I want to ruin that ass.

Who are you writing smut for next?

>Succubus demon cleric needing to poop
Her butthole was designed exclusively for sodomy. It is always clean, and evil, but clean.

sorry Ice Age, that ass is very distracting

Bavara, literally working on it in another tab right now.

I dunno, what about that moonfolk planeswalker from SOI, how old is she? how long do they even live?

D-Did my Praea/Bluefingers story ever get noticed or should I repost

Horo would have a few thousand years worth of life based on his backstory. While it's not lore breaking since he spent most of it as an oldwalker, he should probably be pretty old and gray by the time he worked for Krenko, nevermind making it to Innistrad.
Remember: Liliana had time to become a withered old lady by the time Bolas found her the demon lords.

more like demon chumps

Guys, it's the last fight of the night and of the first round, lets focus so we can start something new tomorrow.

Post it again

Fiorenza seems to be scattered across time and space, but is mostly stable, that said, she lived in both Jeskai and Ojutai tarkir while being fully aware of both. That's probably a bit of lore breaking. Maybe?

Snare is an intangible Horror. I'm pretty sure those occupy the same space as shades most of the time. I don't think she really has a body. I'd put her down as questionable too.

Horo is okay, but ancient.

Torbern is fine.

Kirelah is fine.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1jSIpLoSNIOJAKPRoku8BOqVneF5NjKVumfla0r0AVLs/edit?usp=sharing

good, now post it again, but this time with feeling

Present Jeskai doesn't exist anymore so I would call Fiorenza lore breaking

I wouldn't call her at all

To be fair, he is a soratami. Do we know what their natural lifespan is?

What's youur steam or f-list profile name?

I agree with what others have said about Snare. Without a physical form, I don't think she can hold a spark.