MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Ching Chong Fox Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/feldon-smash/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=POIq-w0sBLg
youtube.com/watch?v=3VNUyjRRjxM
youtube.com/watch?v=vXZ21s71kDU
youtu.be/c7O91GDWGPU?t=15
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EErY75MXYXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EDH players are autistic and should all neck themselves

Modern thread is that way --->

>EDH players are autistic
Yup, that sounds about right. You need to know on average 65 unique non-land cards per deck, various interactions and like 12 different cards that all do the same sort of thing for similar mana. Modern and standard couldn't into EDH to save their lives.

>and should all neck themselves
Isn't that slang for make-out? We should kiss ourselves?

What decks do you play user?

HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK.
Jk. These suck in edh

Thank fuck, these incomplete land cycles were driving me fucking mad. Still annoyed they are in different sets, tho.

Filigree Familiar
Artifact Creature - Fox
When Filigree Familiar enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life.
When Filigree Familiar dies, draw a card.
2/2

>straight into meren

I was really expecting them to complete the BFZ lands first.
I really wanted them to complete the BFZ lands first.

why do wizards take so goddamn long to have enemy colours get colour fixing? and then they give the shittiest ones?

yeah, we all want more fetchables.

I wanted it for Standard too, these are gonna be clunky as fuck with the existing landbase.

What the hell are we supposed to do with this

Any thoughts on a R/G landfall deck?

NORIN
O
R
I
N

they are just clunky as fuck in general. you want more in your deck to increase likeliness of having it in your opening hand, but that also increases your odds of drawing it later on, which you don't want. They are just very awkward lands

There's only so many ways to dual lands though, eventually they need to go through the more mundane variations and just sort've hope they find a home.

Anyone here build original Teysa?
I'm thinking of her as the first EDH deck I actually build, but I'm having a rough time thinning/honing my decklist.

what do we do with this

There are two Teysa decks: ones with Darkest Hour and ones that don't. Which one do you run

I have a foil one and have yet to build a deck with it, since she is my cardfu I'm afraid to make it up to her

Go for it

Angry Omnath would be a better fit than Mina & Denn

Triggers

You know that Bant blink deck that one guy at your LGS runs? The one everyone hates? Well guess whose happy about this...

The one with, though I'd like to think of it as not being essential. I haven't included any tutors at all since I feel it kind of diminishes the idea of the format in the first place though.

Wait, really?

The life-gain is a pittance, the stats are chump-blocker garbage, the only synergy it has is a simple card-draw upon death, and it doesn't even have a self-sacrifice ability.

It's garbage.

EVERYTHING

You know nothing about Golgari

I don't think anyone is saying it's playable. But it is cute.

I've played against plenty of Golgari decks and there are certainly a lot better 3-drops than this.

>More like pooharmonicon amirite xd

No creatures allowed.

Then educate me. What's so fancy about this creature.

I get more than enough card draw in my Meren deck without needing to take up card space with a small 2/2 which only grants the card when it dies.

>But it is cute.
True dat

please, because I am stupid.

Would creatures with etb effects have a doubled ETB?

>guy in my group answer to anything is to copy it

Newzuri?

Yep. At least, I think so.
I mean, they are permanents when they ETB.

As long as they don't need you to do something that you can't do more than once, yes.

They should've just reprinted the enemy check lands from og innistrad. Yes i know that wizards refuses to do reprints in blocks now but still check lands are where it's at

cheap creatures with an etb and death tigger are great in meren, especially with the fox, since you don't have to wory about colour fixing. not that you should have any real problems with colour fixing in a gb deck, but there is always a possibility you will have trouble casting spells in a multicoloured edh deck. And repeatedly farming those triggers is amazing. you don't know what you're talking about

>guy in my group answer to anything is to copy it
just don't play any permanents.

And get bitched at for being a combo player? No thanks

>don't play the game

Dude, my deck is full to the brim of cards with ETBs and Death-Triggers. What I'm saying is that the ETB is shit, the trigger is minor, and I have ditched cards which would be more useful to me.

Plus any non-mass reanimation ability will almost certainly have a better target in your bin.

It's not that it's horrendously shit.
It's that it's not good enough given the competition

Also I have only once had issues with colour fixing in my Meren deck, and that was after I dropped Contamination.

Had to read it a few times but correct me if im wrong

>you play a card
>if it triggers an etb of a card you already have in play twice (eg newzuri's add a counter thing)

Its not
>when anything you cast with an etb effect triggers twice

The first sample is correct yes?

Last thread I mentioned trying to make a Feldon EDH where you utilize hasty creatures with high power when they're in your yard with double damage effects like Dictate of the Twin Gods.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/feldon-smash/

It's extremely janky and needs a bunch of fine tuning, but the thought of the deck is pretty fun for 1v1 edh.

Creatures that have entered the battlefield are part of the permanents that it allows to trigger twice.

>A Creature or Artifact you control enter the field
>As a result of this, a triggered ability of a permanent you control activates
>The Artifact copies the triggered ability

Creature's etbs are triggered abilities arising from permanents you control entering the field, so it should work fine.

Ok thanks, this is good news

I was a bit confused at first too. It's just worded oddly.

>purphoros now does 4 damage per creature
Oh mama

Only time I've been against a purples deck was a friend of a friend who barely understands the game and just plays mono red all the time.

Felt kind of bad for her.

Also she got lupus and is more or less confirmed to die some time in the next decade so I feel even worse.

Did you help her make a balls to the wall papa purph deck so she can have fun with it before she passes? yet?

So Iona chooses 2 colors now?

Looks prety fun. Have you played it?
Oh. If she can't catch up in magic, how about using lower powered decks when she is playing? That way she can also have fun.

I think the last time she even played was like Fate or something.

Landfall just went full retard

I don't ever really play anything high power and I think the other guys were doing calmer stuff with her too.

Oh... Oh no.

nope. The difference is the word "as" and "when". ETBs are "when" the creature enters, iona chooses a colour "as" she enters.

Well that's a relief.

It doesn't trigger landfall. It only counts triggers that look for creatures and/or artifacts.

>suddenly my brago stax gets way WAY stronger
Hello mulldrifter for 4 cards every single flicker. I don't even need to flicker it infinitely anymore with strionic resonator.

artifact lands :^)

Creatures dont have landfall?

G O D O

DOUBLE THE TUTORS DOUBLE THE FUN

It only triggers off of creatures (and artifacts) entering, not lands.

Sadly, I wanted double landfall as well.

Technically not landfall.

Creatures have all the landfall they want, but they're not going to get another trigger because those landfall triggers aren't based off creatures and/or artifacts entering the battlefield. Read the card again.

;__;

I assumed the aether revolt would ust be machines rising up but since there's an entire race of aetherborn I'm guessing that's going to play in too.

And just like that, purpheros is worth $20.

So do Aetherborn just die really fast or something? What's their deal?

Possibly. I actually assumed some sort of scheming against them like they're a second class citizen or something.

>No double landfall
>No double constellation
Why even bother?

>Aetherborn came into being spontaneously as a byproduct of the aether refinement process. Their bodies are in constant flux, as the aether residue they're made of gradually dissolves and is reclaimed by the aethersphere. Thus, their lives are short. But rather than despair, they savor each fleeting moment, squeezing out every last drop of enjoyment.

Doubles with enchantment creatures.

We can't have it breaking TOO MANY thing now, user.

I really do want double landfall though holy fuck

Sure, but there are only so many good enchantment creatures.

Sounds kinda cool if its done well.oh wait, this is modern Wizards. It's going to be shit
I wonder how long it is. 5 years? 20 years? 50 years?

I guess worst case is they become equivalent to the Necrons in 40k with the whole "I'm pissed off that I die fast, time to kill everyone because I'm mad about elves"

I love the art and flavor text on die young I want both in foil just for the heck of it.

Surprisingly touching for Black.

No, I just brewed it up tonight. I had a Kiki-combo deck that has most of here cards in it that I took apart so I'm on gonna use that.

Anyone got any tips on it? Any good secret tech for the variant of Feldon I'm running?

Kind of want to build this guy. But that would involve every relevant fetch ever and would probably end up being rather expensive

What do I do with a player that spergs if I attack or disrupt him at a multiplayer table?

I removed his graveyard and he sperged even though he was clearly in the lead. I had an instant kill combo on the table that only he was vulnerable to at the time. I just skipped it and attacked some other guy because I wasn't in the mood to hear it.

Probably just gonna keep killing him now. I don't really want friends.

yes it is. a land entering the battlefield causing an ability to trigger is landfall. if it's an artifact land it will trigger the landfall and be able to be copied by the g. orrery. the additional types just make it interact with more cards, not make it "not landfall". how retarded are you?

He is entirely the wrong color to build a landfall deck around.

Jesus tittyfucking christ I'm in love

I know. Omnath is a dime a dozen though, I see the fucker everywhere and the special snowflake in me wants to try something different.

99 swamp

Be adults and confront him about it, and if he doesn't want to stop being a poor sport just kick him out of the group.

he is cool, play boots and darksteel plate with him tho he draws a lot of hate. liliana of the dark realms is also good.

Laugh at him. Like actually literally laugh out loud at him.

I do this whenever someone at my LGS spergs out about something. Public shaming works wonders. The only reason people act like this is because people are too polite to treat them like the children they are.

best

Clock of Omens or Unwinding Clock?

option C: Voltaic Key

Depends on the deck and the artifacts in question but Unwinding Clock is the better of the two in most situations.

I like it when we do these. Post your commander deck theme's

m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

I usually hate foxes and the like because of how gross furfags have made them to me, but somehow I don't completely hate this one. Plus its a pretty cool backup sad robot.

Derevi prison

m.youtube.com/watch?v=POIq-w0sBLg

Godo turbo-combat

youtube.com/watch?v=3VNUyjRRjxM

Nekusar Chaos
youtube.com/watch?v=vXZ21s71kDU

youtu.be/c7O91GDWGPU?t=15
Iroas, Weenie Rush

Kemba voltron

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EErY75MXYXI